Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 18, 2023 3:54 AM
Apr 2009
Why is this so bad now?
Nov 18, 2023 5:47 AM
Apr 2023
Some cute harem moments there. Naofumi sure has a lot of cute members in his county right now.

Though I have to say, it was surprising for Gaelion to suddenly evolve from a cute Wyr pup into a bad CGI bastardized charizard.
Nov 18, 2023 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was sponsored by MSI lol

Charizard evolved.

I thought for sure Filo was running from spear pedo again, but its another crazy person after her! I do feel bad for her, she must have severe trauma. First the whole slave in another world thing and now 2 creeps hunting after her.

Where is spear pedo anyway? ren is there, so surely he must be to.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 18, 2023 9:03 AM
Aug 2022
enzolec said:
Pretty decent episode

but the animation of the Galon/dragon after evolving looked horrendous

true 😭
the cgi looked real funny and weird
Nov 18, 2023 9:11 AM
Oct 2021
very good,but needs more action
Nov 18, 2023 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
Atla pretends to sleep at night to the sound of her brother singing a lullaby, before tying him up before she sneaks off to sleep with Naofumi on his bed, which she has done three times already, then justifies her reasoning for doing so towards an annoyed Raphtalia while being proud of it?

God damn, she made me like her even more! XD

Putting aside Atla and her mischievous personality, this episode was more chill once more. Rat and Wyndia were interesting characters, as was Naofumi being in charge of raising a dragon egg before it hatched, where Wyndia named him Gaelion. Raising him was pretty cute, but things got worrisome when Gaelion ate one of the stone jewels that Naofumi got from the previous season.

Upon eating it, Gaelion "evolved" before flying off into the distance. The CGI quality isn't bad, but I wasn't impressed by it, either. Either way, hopefully the group can catch up to Gaelion before he does any more damage in the area.
Nov 18, 2023 9:20 AM
Jun 2022
very good,i love raphtalia
Nov 18, 2023 9:25 AM
Jun 2022
excellent,good raphtalia
Nov 18, 2023 1:58 PM
Apr 2022
More side characters that i dont care about got introduced, nobody gives a damn about the bow hero whereabouts when they are supposed to fight the pheonix together, its somehow all about Charizard going through puberty now
Nov 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
Ok, i genuinely have no idea what i'm watching at this point. Who the fuck is this generic shounen protagonist mc? I read the novel, and this ain't Naofumi, no way in heck. They also keep dropping the detail on the invaders and other stuff to a downright crazy degree. WHY is Filo against the dragon? Oh, who knows, the anime makes no mention after all! WHY is the shield rejecting the dragon egg, or, does it even MENTION that it does? Nope. Why did 'the enemies', or rather invaders (from last episode) have a universal translation artifact? Ffs, this is so damn lazy... And it wouldn't even take ONE MINUTE to frigging explain everything! FFS
Nov 18, 2023 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to _Shara_
I usually dive into the anime first before deciding to delve into the manga or light novel it's adapted from, and I'll be honest—I'm getting a vibe that this anime isn't doing justice to the source material, even before giving it a read. Take this episode, for instance.

We got introduced to new characters like Rat and Wyndia. It's a bit odd how Wyndia just pops up without much buildup. If they had hinted at her in the background in earlier episodes, I'd applaud it, but she just appeared out of the blue.

Atla's affection for Naofumi finally blossoms, with a giant egg hilariously wedged between them. Gaelion makes his adorable entrance. It would've been better to witness his development over episodes rather than a vague montage. His "evolved" form after consuming the dragon core was comically goofy, not helped by the CG graphics. I thought the season finale would be the focus of the next series, but apparently not.

The Gaelion montage made me realize there are many details from the light novels that subtly pop up here. The Raph-Chan doll S’yne made, the issues with Atla appearing randomly at night—it's just now mentioned. Scenes like Naofumi rejecting Gaelion’s request to play and investigating a knock on his door are skimmed through. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but having these moments properly fleshed out would've been nice.

Overall, it wasn't a bad episode, but apart from some dips in animation quality, I wish they had spent a bit more time developing characters and events. This would have made situations feel more natural and impactful when the setups paid off.

I believe if season 3 had the same budget and episode count as season 1, it could be a fantastic season. The animation team and director seem to understand the story well, but they are clearly constrained by time and money.
@_Shara_ The anime downright sucks. If s1 was passible, s2 was a horrid trashfire, and s3 now is just meh at best.
Nov 18, 2023 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Yaggamy
The adaptation is still bad as always...
They never showed how or why there are monsters living in Naofumi's village. Or Filo using her powers to influence the eggs so they'll never hatch a filolial, only monsters.
Wyndia is in every episode as a background character, but they never bothered to build her up or show that she hates Ren. The whole Valley Girl scene is missing.
Previously they also didn't build up Eclair, now the fact that she's flirting with Ren feels like it came out of nowhere. The same thing is going to happen with Wyndia...
Keel being a girl should have been revealed 6 episodes ago. The studio totally forgot...

Not just the CGI Gaelion was bad. The studio is also saving budget by not aging up the kids as they level up.
They're also keeping the houses damaged to save budget instead of showing repairs and new ones being built in the past month.
@Yaggamy The kids shouldn't age as they level up, it should happen over a few years naturally, and as fast as with Raphtalia only if they're his direct companion, or something, that part isn't really well explained, so its a lazy plothole even in the LN. The rest is super lazy adaptation nonesense in the anime though, yeah, i know stuff because i read the LN, but people coming in are probably confused as hell, and for good reason, this is so frigging bad...
Nov 18, 2023 2:30 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to SouthRzVa
I will never understand how Kinema can make some really good-looking shows like Made in Abyss and My Happy Marriage, and then make stuff like Shield Hero. Seriously, that dragon had the same CGI you see in 3DS Pokemon games.

And also, who the hell is this Wyndia kid? Why is she acting like she's from the main cast? And when did they start raising monsters in the village?
@SouthRzVa She IS from the main or semi main cast, the Anime didn't bother introduce her properly though, just as it didn't bother with most things really.
Nov 18, 2023 3:29 PM

Jan 2021
Naofumi's so lucky...

An OK episode I think. We got to see Ren acclimating to village life and learning how to get stronger and round himself out in other departments (I'm guessing maybe education on the world and how to interact with others?). The new character seems useful. The dragon part was meh, and I thought it'd look better.

Finally, I'm hoping there's a second cour or more seasons after this, because this season seems more like a build-up season, and I don't feel like it'll end with the Phoenix fight unless the rush stuff based on how they are going (which is weird because they seem to flip-flop between rushing through stuff and then slowing down to a near halt).

Nov 18, 2023 8:02 PM
Dec 2022
Dragon comes and gone. Will it reappears?
Nov 18, 2023 8:16 PM
Oct 2019
Wow i didn't see that coming at all, what a PLOT TWIST.
(This is a sarcasm btw)

What did i just watch?
Nov 18, 2023 8:49 PM

Sep 2011
Ah yes, just what this show needed. More characters. This whole season is just gonna be side quests I guess
Nov 19, 2023 12:32 AM
Jul 2020
mkzxwing said:
Ok, i genuinely have no idea what i'm watching at this point. Who the fuck is this generic shounen protagonist mc? I read the novel, and this ain't Naofumi, no way in heck. They also keep dropping the detail on the invaders and other stuff to a downright crazy degree. WHY is Filo against the dragon? Oh, who knows, the anime makes no mention after all! WHY is the shield rejecting the dragon egg, or, does it even MENTION that it does? Nope. Why did 'the enemies', or rather invaders (from last episode) have a universal translation artifact? Ffs, this is so damn lazy... And it wouldn't even take ONE MINUTE to frigging explain everything! FFS

i think they have intentionally kept the reasons for later
they do show the shield rejecting the dragon egg

all the reasons you mentioned will probably be revealed after they tame the new gaellion

not that I have a clue about this or the reasons you mentioned because I haven't read the LN
Nov 19, 2023 3:28 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to SATAN19
mkzxwing said:

i think they have intentionally kept the reasons for later
they do show the shield rejecting the dragon egg

all the reasons you mentioned will probably be revealed after they tame the new gaellion

not that I have a clue about this or the reasons you mentioned because I haven't read the LN
@SATAN19 Nope. They basically did a 180 on his character, also omitted a ton of lore and even important story stuff, both this season, and LAST seasons, which they DIDN'T bring up ever again.
Nov 19, 2023 5:08 AM
Jul 2020
mkzxwing said:
@SATAN19 Nope. They basically did a 180 on his character, also omitted a ton of lore and even important story stuff, both this season, and LAST seasons, which they DIDN'T bring up ever again.

damn that's sad
what's even sadder is that I was expecting the dragon animation similar to the ED but instead we got some 2000s digimon stuff
Nov 19, 2023 6:03 AM

Sep 2015
Great episode caught up with the season today. Glad that season 3 is much better than 2
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 19, 2023 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
I am sensing Ren and Eclair shipping happening soon. <( ̄︶ ̄)>
Atla sure is bold one wanted to sleep in bed with Naofumi 3 times and how many ropes she has tied down Fohl?! (//ω//)
Oh boy looks like Rising Hero Charizard has appeared! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
[/url]
Nov 19, 2023 11:50 AM

Jul 2021
Fantastic episode, but that CGI dragon at the… c’mon now, Kinema lmao
Nov 19, 2023 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to QcK_Dagger_HeaT
Great episode caught up with the season today. Glad that season 3 is much better than 2
@QcK_Dagger_HeaT not hard to be better than 0
Nov 19, 2023 1:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Baby dragon ate the CGI stone!!
Nov 19, 2023 2:05 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to SATAN19
mkzxwing said:

damn that's sad
what's even sadder is that I was expecting the dragon animation similar to the ED but instead we got some 2000s digimon stuff
@SATAN19

Yeah... Also think the Dragon thing is one of the worst parts of the show, even worse than the stuff they decided to skip in s2 and call 'the worst arcs', and is irrelevant to basically everything going forwards aside mr. sword hero's little arc which they scoffed so far anyway...
Nov 19, 2023 5:04 PM
Jul 2022
Meh episode, what was with that awful dragon CGI at the end? Digimon did it better way back in the day, this CGI was abysmal.
Nov 19, 2023 6:24 PM

Aug 2019
I'm glad there are more male members, but what's with the CGI looking like that.
Nov 19, 2023 8:40 PM
Mar 2015
Dragon on the loose
Nov 19, 2023 9:06 PM
Nov 2023
very good,i like it the episode :)
Nov 19, 2023 9:27 PM
Nov 2023
i like it,very good episode
Nov 19, 2023 9:39 PM
Nov 2023
very good episode i llike it
Nov 19, 2023 9:57 PM
Nov 2023
very good episode
Nov 19, 2023 10:08 PM
Nov 2023
Very good episode,iike it
Nov 20, 2023 1:21 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
whoa this dragon looks like 10x better than the one from sousou no freiren fr

Felt it a little at the start of this season but paid no mind to it, but now it's becoming quite a bit more apparent: pacing is feeling rather choppy and random. Is that a result of season 2 being lacklustre and incompetent, or are they continuing to cut content here in season 3? I feel like they need to give more time for certain scenes, or just to not include them at all- like how important is Naofumi keeping an egg warm to the plot? As someone commented on the site I watched it on, it's just starting to feel like a season-long trailer. Sure maybe that's ultimately what light-novel adaptions are, promoting its source, but no. It can be better than that.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 20, 2023 5:54 PM

Sep 2007
Dragon's gone wild/berserk. I kind of sense a death flag for the dragon? unless they get some way to calm him down...?

Also....where's the spear hero in all this? I assume Naofumi sent him on an errand otherwise I'd have totally expected him to be stalking Filo yet he's nowhere to be seen.
Feels like selective memory sort of thing... :/
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 21, 2023 5:50 PM

May 2022
3D Dragon in this episode was wild 💀
Nov 21, 2023 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
Since everything was going so well, it had to be the dragon to ruin this positive moment lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 22, 2023 5:44 PM

Oct 2019
That was a neat and convenient way to pump up Gaelion's growth and not be still a baby in the battle against the Phoenix. But will Gaelion or the Dragon Emperor be in control?
Nov 23, 2023 5:39 AM

Jan 2017
RIP Gaelion, swallowing a gem thingy and turning into 3D is truly a fate worse than death
Nov 24, 2023 10:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Dragon Good, Dragon Bad!!
Seems a pet!!
kekeke
Nov 27, 2023 12:58 PM
Jul 2023
almost sleep trying watch this, worst episode from the season
Nov 29, 2023 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
haha! "Dragon gone Rouge!" have i seen this before? haha!
4/5.

Nov 30, 2023 2:37 AM

May 2015
BABY CHARIZARD IS TOO CUTE !
Dec 6, 2023 10:41 PM

May 2015
Puberty hit Gaelion like a truck
Dec 8, 2023 8:12 PM
Jan 2021
Siltvelt obviously really love Naofumi since they gave him a F***ING DRAGON EGG! DO YOU KNOW HOW POWERFUL THAT DRAGON CAN BECOME?!?!?

And it’s also convenient that Ratotille Anthreya happened to come by since she’s an expert on monsters and can make them stronger. I wonder how she’ll pair with Naofumi. No one is touching this village if they’re smart because it’s basically a death sentence.

For whatever reason, Atla wants to be Naofumi’s shield?!?!?!!??!?!? Bro, NAOFUMI IS LITERALLY THE SHIELD HERO! I DON’T THINK HE NEEDS A SHIELD. RAPHTALIA IS HIS SWORD BECAUSE HE CAN’T USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SHIELD.

It seems that Ren has decided to stay in the village with Naofumi and the others and it also seems that he might be catching feelings for Eclair, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

I hope that Galieon ends up being alright and they can remove that Dragon Core from him somehow (I don’t know how that’s gonna happen though).

Inter village drama, quite interesting…
Dec 17, 2023 7:21 PM
Jan 2023
Alright, so a dragon hatched from an egg, was nice and tame until eating that dragon core thingy, basically evolves (what is this, pokémon?), and now goes full charizard. Hmmm, seems familiar. A dragon is not what I was expecting at all, but fun that it happened still. Also, what was with the CGI, no cool.

Also, the kids having an ability to be able to turn into animal form and be stronger. They're just adorable in that form. S'yne gaining the ability to speak clearly, instead of just in that robotic broken voice is pretty cool too.

Bit of a slow episode still enjoyable though, I hear the next one is supposed to be better, so I hope it lives up to what I've been told.
Dec 18, 2023 12:15 PM
Jan 2017
What do you know? When it tries, Rising of the Shield Hero can deliver a solid episode.

While my concern for the cast being too bloated still remains, I love it when the show focuses on Naofumi's relationships with other characters. Better yet, Naofumi actually feels like the main character instead of being just a lens to explore another character's development.

The introduction of Gaelion was pretty good and I'm interested to see what kind of role will he play in future episodes.
Dec 28, 2023 6:51 AM
Aug 2020
Ok, I am usually very lenient when it comes to CGI, but this is the worst dragon since season 1 of Arifureta. Truly abysmal.
Jan 1, 8:24 PM
Jun 2012
Atla wise beyond her years.

Understanding well that some things are best left to imagination.

She can't see right? No harm in sleeping with the shield hero.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

119 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Jun 8, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

97 by Jackinthebox23 »»
Jun 8, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

156 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 8, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

105 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 7, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

117 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 7, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.