Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2023 11:24 AM

Dec 2015
Solid adaptation but I think it really would've benefited from being split into two eps. The pacing was probably the fastest of any episode this cour

Aug 19, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
Sir-C said:
Solid adaptation but I think it really would've benefited from being split into two eps. The pacing was probably the fastest of any episode this cour
For the content it covered, it's actually not too fast. This fight has the most double spreads and dialogueless panels in the entire arc, not to mention the fight on itself being fast paced.
It kinda throws me back to that one One Punch Man episode that adapts an entire volume panel by panel since there wasn't much else to adapt other than raw action.
Aug 19, 2023 11:31 AM
Mar 2020
This was probably the best episode of the entire arc for me so far. Holy fucking shit 10/10
Aug 19, 2023 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
Danpmss said:
Sir-C said:
For the content it covered, it's actually not too fast. This fight has the most double spreads and dialogueless panels in the entire arc, not to mention the fight on itself being fast paced.
It kinda throws me back to that one One Punch Man episode that adapts an entire volume panel by panel since there wasn't much else to adapt other than raw action.

I mean the pacing isn't crazy fast but I do wish some scenes got more time to breathe. A lot of memorable parts like the meteor or Kenpachi breaking out of space were over really quickly. The details behind Yachiru's Shikai were also covered in a flash.

It's a good adaptation but I think they could've let some parts go into the next episode, or at least remove the OP and ED to make extra time for the fight here.

Aug 19, 2023 11:37 AM
Nov 2019
I can see why manga readers feel this cour is rushed, I feel like this could've been at least 2 episodes. Seeing Kenpachi with his shikai was really cool though.
Aug 19, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2023
Another week another whines without any constructive and meaningful takes XD. It is pointless to elaborate with somebody who got through all the eps to this one and still just hates and nitpicks about everything. This is just blind hate at this point. This ep was so far the best from 2nd cour. At least IMDB is a little more relevant about scores, but still even there some retards had to give 1/10

Jun 2015
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!! Last eps with Rukia Bankia was one thing, this eps Kenpachi returns and did not even hide he'd absorbed the whale woman. This sequence of eps is shaping up to something chisseled into my mind of greatest episode sequences ever for the rewatch
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl

Jan 2019
Sir-C said:
Early_Morning said:
I can't believe they actually adapted all those chapters in a single episode. It was arguably one of the worst episodes of the cour for exactly that reason - everything was rushed. Yachiru's first scene suffered the most, then there were moments during the actual fight between Gremmy and Kenpachi where you'd miss certain things if you blinked because everything was  happening so fast. It's ridiculous that they didn't split this fight into two episodes, because a lot of the cut content and sped up stuff deserved to be fleshed out a lot more. Not that anyone will even read this, but whatever.
I don't know about this, the thing I dislike the most from Zaraki vs Unohana is that it was split into 2 episodes, especially in episode 10 I couldn't focus on anything after seeing Unohana's death. Atmosphere felt super weird with Nimaiya's palace and comic relief scenes.
Covering the full fight in just one episode like Yama vs Yhwach did makes the battle way more impactful imo, then next episode the main character is back to shine and take the spotlight.
Aug 19, 2023 11:42 AM

Jun 2015
KenpachiZaraki13 said:
Underwhelming. Of course adapting 9 chapters would be a bad idea in a normal length episode. Kenpachi is my fav character in fiction and of course, like most of this adaptation, it felt rushed and the animation was bare minimum.

You clearly crawled out of someones womb last year. Kenpachi has been on a journey since the earlier eps of bleach around 60 eps or so when he first thought Ighigo. And your saying underwhelming. You good person are a retard
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 19, 2023 11:42 AM
Feb 2022
Wow,incredible animation and battle...Hands down to the animators and voice actors!!
BAANN....KAI! 
Aug 19, 2023 11:47 AM

Jun 2021
Another great fight! Kenpachi didn't change, still the monster that I knew. He took every attack like it's nothing. Even an insane power of imagination turning into reality can't beat him.
Aug 19, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 2012
Loving this arc so far. I think the pacing based on the planned four cour arrangement has been fine, but there's somethng wrong about introducing characters (formally at least) and settling their fights all within the same episode. Lowers the tension a good cliffhanger can have, though I'm probably the minority on this. Reminds me of shonen movies where even with high budget animations the fights never hit too hard as they are settled as soon as they start. Now i'm really wondering how this cour will end vs 3.

I'm a simp for Shirou Sagisu but the OST is remix after remix, I was hoping he'd give the Stern Ritters some musical texture a la Arrancars.
kudos to the VAs, peak performances all around.
Aug 19, 2023 11:58 AM
Aug 2022
What an amazing antagonist with Zaraki alone made my day. Best episode yet.
Aug 19, 2023 12:05 PM
Oct 2014
It's weird to see people hating on this episode (saying it's rushed, not showcasing enough of the fighters' powers/action scenes, weak animation). Have people just forgotten that Kenpachi is supposed to be the OP hax shinigami whose special power is literally 'I'm Stronk!"??? His fights are supposed to be bombastic, fast paced, and "turn your brain off" action in the purest sense. This episode nailed that perfectly. Also, most Sternritters are irrelevant, and Gremmy, despite having one of the most OP hax quincy powers seen yet, is no exception.
Aug 19, 2023 12:05 PM

Jul 2023
Igi2137 said:
82926 said:
Another week another whines without any constructive and meaningful takes XD. It is pointless to elaborate with somebody who got through all the eps to this one and still just hates and nitpicks about everything. This is just blind hate at this point. This ep was so far the best from 2nd cour. At least IMDB is a little more relevant about scores, but still even there some retards had to give 1/10
IMDB 900 votes xd meaningful score
And what's your point? 900 votes for today's episode. TYBW overall has 25k votes
Aug 19, 2023 12:23 PM

Jan 2021
While I have not caught up with this cour I will say that this battle was my most anticipated battle in this cour. Its good to see Bleach getting back to back awesome episodes. It's a big W for all bleach and kenpachi fans.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 19, 2023 12:39 PM

Sep 2018
High points were insanely high, (the meteor slice in particular was amazing) but man this fight REALLY shouldn't have been condensed into a single episode
Aug 19, 2023 12:49 PM

Jul 2017
What a crazy episode,as a big Kenpachi fan the meteorite scene was pure joy to watch.I hope this cour keeps the quality of the last 2 eps for the rest of it.

Aug 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Sep 2017
Kenny never disappoints
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Aug 19, 2023 12:51 PM
May 2023
The best episode! great battle between two characters really powerful!
Aug 19, 2023 12:55 PM
Sep 2021
peak episode and the animation is great as always
Aug 19, 2023 12:56 PM
Feb 2021
People be only talking about Gear 5 (which is now great in 1072), but Bleach is every week even more peak than the week before, king of the season
Aug 19, 2023 1:18 PM

Sep 2018
neffst3r said:
Sir-C said:
Early_Morning said:
I can't believe they actually adapted all those chapters in a single episode. It was arguably one of the worst episodes of the cour for exactly that reason - everything was rushed. Yachiru's first scene suffered the most, then there were moments during the actual fight between Gremmy and Kenpachi where you'd miss certain things if you blinked because everything was  happening so fast. It's ridiculous that they didn't split this fight into two episodes, because a lot of the cut content and sped up stuff deserved to be fleshed out a lot more. Not that anyone will even read this, but whatever.
I don't know about this, the thing I dislike the most from Zaraki vs Unohana is that it was split into 2 episodes, especially in episode 10 I couldn't focus on anything after seeing Unohana's death. Atmosphere felt super weird with Nimaiya's palace and comic relief scenes.
Covering the full fight in just one episode like Yama vs Yhwach did makes the battle way more impactful imo, then next episode the main character is back to shine and take the spotlight.
I can kinda get that, but I think this is a different case since the material immediately following this fight wouldn't have had nearly as much tonal whiplash. Condensing the fight this much wound up lessening Gremmy's impact for me more than anything. (Especially since some of the scenes this cut sold how dangerous Gremmy is incredibly well)
Aug 19, 2023 1:34 PM
Oct 2021
Good episode, another great adaptation of the manga
the only negative point is that it was too fast paced imo
They could've added some extended scenes to make the fight last a bit longer, otherwise 8/10 episode
Aug 19, 2023 1:37 PM

Oct 2009
Well, at least the soundtrack is actually epic.
Aug 19, 2023 1:39 PM
May 2015
Wow. Even the animation was underwhelming here, not to mention the ridiculously rushed pacing. Didn’t people say this was where the staff was going to pop off? 7 episodes and I’m still waiting. Not that good animation could save such awful storytelling and character writing, but at least it would give non hyper obsessed viewers something to enjoy.
Aug 19, 2023 1:41 PM
Nov 2009
Why that quincy didn't imagine Kenpachi's bones were cookies as well..? Obvious plot armor and its kinda lame.
Aug 19, 2023 1:42 PM

Apr 2018
Was it worh the wait? Definitly, an episode with Kenpachi is always an incredible one. Even the power of imagination stands no ground against his sword that can cut everything. He is indeed the strongest and hopefully has more time to shine. I really liked Gremmy's character as he is fascinated by Kenpachi's words and tries his everything to win. But, winning against a dude that can cut a meteor is no easy feat.
Loved the OST too.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 19, 2023 1:51 PM
Nov 2009
dior said:
this arc actually made me realize bleach is one of the most mid shonen ever in terms of story.
Ikrrr, fights and powers are somehow amazing but the storyline is like written by 12 years old kid who loves to add plenty of plot armors for his favourite guys.
Aug 19, 2023 1:52 PM

Jul 2023
ShamankinguYoh said:
Wow. Even the animation was underwhelming here, not to mention the ridiculously rushed pacing. Didn’t people say this was where the staff was going to pop off? 7 episodes and I’m still waiting. Not that good animation could save such awful storytelling and character writing, but at least it would give non hyper obsessed viewers something to enjoy.
Stick to Naruto. It's an unga bunga shounen much easier to comprehend due to its basic themes and lack of any layered storytelling and character writing. The fights are also basic and mundane because they're just elemental beam spams. If you can't stomach Kishimoto's writing at this age, then consider Oda's slightly more developed One Piece instead.
Aug 19, 2023 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
Ah yes, now that the big 3 are back in action and airing together in some capacity (unfortunately counting Boruto as a successor to Naruto), the toxic comparisons are back as well. People seriously need to grow the fuck up and stop being so obnoxious. You can provide constructive criticism without bringing the comparisons into discussions. This episode discussion is plagued with the vocal minority bashing each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2023 2:11 PM
Aug 2020
Kenpachi has the flow, unbeatable, what a man!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 19, 2023 2:12 PM
May 2015
YuuLing96 said:
ShamankinguYoh said:
Stick to Naruto. It's an unga bunga shounen much easier to comprehend due to its basic themes and lack of any layered storytelling and character writing. The fights are also basic and mundane because they're just elemental beam spams. If you can't stomach Kishimoto's writing at this age, then consider Oda's slightly more developed One Piece instead.

I watched the Bleach anime once and read the manga twice. It’s an awful mess of a story bereft of genuine emotion, consistent theming and quality storytelling. Filled with pretentious nonsense, narrative contrivances, horrendous pacing and awful characterization. It’s one of the worst shonen series ever conceived. The only reason it has any fans at all is because it has an appealing art style. This ridiculous notion from fans that Bleach is some deep, nuanced, mature shonen much better than the rest is complete cope born from the old scars of the old big 3 days. Naruto, One piece and many more are much better.
ShamankinguYohAug 19, 2023 2:27 PM
Aug 19, 2023 2:15 PM

Mar 2018
That meteor splitting scene was insane. It hit even more because they showed Yachiru's backstory again and Kenpachi turning back into a kid for a brief moment.
Aug 19, 2023 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
nyankage said:
dior said:
this arc actually made me realize bleach is one of the most mid shonen ever in terms of story.
Ikrrr, fights and powers are somehow amazing but the storyline is like written by 12 years old kid who loves to add plenty of plot armors for his favourite guys.
So spot on,  it really feels like a kid wrote the story at times. Its story does not have the depth of Naruto or One Piece in terms of individual character arcs.  
Aug 19, 2023 2:28 PM
Jan 2016
Bro literally has the power of gods and still loses. Also did kenpachi cut through space wth?
Aug 19, 2023 2:31 PM

Dec 2019
This is my favorite episode from this part so far ep 6 from the first part was probably better or at least the same quality idk lol

Also the episode literally felt like 2 mins long I was surprised when it was over lmao

Aug 19, 2023 2:33 PM

Jul 2019
I think the animators did a good job what came to making Guenael Lee as creepy as he is. Because at least to me, he was very creepy...then again, considering his ability, it's kind of suitable. After all, people are often scared of the 'unknown', because it's often considered there are monsters. But more so, because of the lack of knowledge. The fear of the unknown which Guenael Lee managed to install at least in Isane. It was cute how despite being all confused Yachiru kept going on, punching 'something'. It was super adorable, though it pained me personally to see her getting hurt like that...but it went to show Yachiru was too a member of Gotei 13 and Eleventh Division's lieutenant.

Not to mention, the way she 'justified' her going for a full attack, yet having that almost dead look in her eyes? It was oddly cute because it made me think 'yeah, she is truly Kenpachi's daughter'. So yes, Guenael Lee's statement of her being a 'monster' was spot on!

The little funny dance that Yachiru had with Sanpo Kenjū was also adorable!

The moment Isane started to question Yachiru's Zanpakuto and how her shikai didn't turn shape or sort of, was kind of an obvious hint, eh? At least to manga viewers, if not for anime-only watchers... Not to mention, Yachiru's flashback of her and Kenpachi further gave hints about the 'big' reveal.
Isane panicking was kind of sad, because it made me feel like 'is that all you can do?' While healers are important, it doesn't mean their only skill should be healing. After all, if the healer goes down, the whole team will go down... So, Isane panicking over Gremmy...well, at least Yachiru was there to protect her because I bet Isane would have already died when Guenael Lee made his appearance. If not for Yachiru, he probably would have 'lived' a bit longer...

Imagination sure is a scary ability, when utilized to the max, eh? And Gremmy had managed to utilized it -at least somewhat.

The moment when Kenpachi appeared and Yachiru uttered 'Ken-chan', while her eyes gleamed from hope was a bit soul-crushing. It was such a touching moment, because like a hero (I imagine Kenpachi is that to Yachiru), Kenpachi came to his little girl's rescue.

Alright, I don't really get why Isane went after Kensei and Rose, because Gremmy stated they were dead? Like, yes, I know what will become of them, but even so...it felt a bit odd with the knowledge we had at that moment. (Unless they weren't really dead? Or did they become alive after Gremmy died? I hope that little plot point would be revealed in the next episode.) The only reason that I could come up with is because they wanted Isane (and by extension Kensei and Rose) out of the picture for Kenpachi's match against Gremmy. ^^'

Man! Kenpachi introducing himself proudly as Kenpachi was very cool! Not to mention the little cuts to this week's episode's name at the same time.
Wait, how come Kenpachi didn't know what 'cookie' meant? Then again, rakugan doesn't either say anything to me, so I suppose for Gremmy talking about 'cookies' to Kenpachi it makes sense. Though, it was a bit ironic it made sense to Yachiru...

Gremmy bragging over the fact he could kill Kenpachi with his mind, made me wonder while his ability is 'amazing' at the same time it isn't? After all, if one could truly kill someone just with their mind, they wouldn't need so many props and such to slow someone down or kill them. Seriously, either Gremmy had a truly hard time imagining Kenpachi just dropping dead or he was a liar. Then again, I suppose imagining someone just simply dying isn't that easy...

Then again, as it turned out, Gremmy's 'imagination' wasn't that impressive as it just needed a little bit of provocation from Kenpachi and he was already losing it. But that's Kenpachi for you all! Doesn't matter if he doesn't understand something! He can and will cut it all down as long as there is a strong opponent in front of him because he is Kenpachi!

Despite that, it was amazing how Kenpachi managed to make Gremmy all excited about their battle. The pure joy on his face? Yeah, no wonder it made Kenpachi a bit proud because it made the battle all the more interesting. Yet at the same time, it was the start of Gremmy's downfall, because once one loses their cool...yeah. The game is more than often over for them. Which turned out to be true in Gremmy's case.

That whole meteor scene...why it gave me Final Fantasy VII vibes? Because Sephiroth could summon one too? ^^'

It was super cool how Kenpachi cut down that meteor! Did anyone else notice when he did so, for a brief moment he turned into his kid self? It made me wonder if perhaps Kenpachi was at his peak when he was just a child...would make sense, as even Kenpachi Yachiru (Unohana) admired Zaraki when he was a kid.

And considering the theme of this week's episode...isn't it always said children's imagination is the best? That when we're children/young, our imagination is free and thus most powerful? But the older we get, it gets clipped down, because various reasons...just something to think about.
That made me realize, Gremmy's imagination in fact isn't really that impressive. Especially after he gave his speech about space and how it would kill Kenpachi, told it. After all, that all talk was something an adult would explain. Logic. Not, imagination. His thoughts at that point had clearly (and before that) already shifted from pure imagination to more...logic? Or, if not anything else, at least less 'creative' and more 'practical'.
Lol, Askin watching Gremmy fight against Kenpachi was a bit funny as he just seemed to chill on top of that rooftop.

That Candice Catnipp quote at the end felt a little out of place because she didn't otherwise appear in the episode, but maybe she will appear in the next one? Hard to say.

Also, did anyone else notice the full focus of this episode was fully on Kenpachi (and Yachiru)? This time, there weren't any glimpses of Ichigo or company which goes to show just how 'dominant' Kenpachi can be.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 19, 2023 2:35 PM
Nov 2020
This episode was a masterpiece. Probably will be episode of the year, if not one of the tops
Aug 19, 2023 2:43 PM
Aug 2022
Cool episode , kenpachi goat o
Aug 19, 2023 2:46 PM
Aug 2023
One of the greatest ep
Aug 19, 2023 2:53 PM
Aug 2021
Bleach is making history with these back to back bangers !
Aug 19, 2023 3:07 PM
Feb 2021
A truly masterpiece. What a episode! Wow GOATpachi
Aug 19, 2023 3:17 PM
Mar 2018
mother of god, what an episode for gods sake
Aug 19, 2023 3:18 PM
Jul 2022
best episode legend
Aug 19, 2023 3:39 PM

Aug 2020
Dude dealt with a meteor! What can't he do?!?!

Zaraki and Yachiru had some great moments here. What a deadly pair!

Aug 19, 2023 4:21 PM

Jul 2022
KENPAPI OMG SO COOL I WUV UU!!! <3333 XOXOX
Aug 19, 2023 4:56 PM
Feb 2020
goat raw fire peak fiction.
Aug 19, 2023 5:35 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was awesome
Kenpachi's coldest moment
Aug 19, 2023 5:39 PM

May 2020
What was the Yachiru stuff supposed to be? I enjoyed the episode, but man it felt fast. 

I have no idea how some comments are saying it was "drawn out" or slow. I can tell they were trying to connect the Yachiru stuff, but it felt way too disjointed & quick the way everything progressed. When Kenpachi is jumping to slice the meteor & they show a quick flashback of him meeting Yachiru, it's like they wanted that to mean something, but since we had no previous context it just felt random af.

I haven't read the manga, so I'm guessing this is to imply she's connected to his Zanpakto (maybe she's the bankai? I dunno...), but for anime-only viewers, her stuff in the beginning was so quick, then they just moved on from her entirely until that 10 second flashback in the middle of the action. Also, I don't remember ever seeing her powers before (the 2 creatures/"copycats"), I probably just forgot since it had been so long. But because that was so quickly shown, then defeated by "cookie bones," it was kind of disappointing.
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

293 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 7, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2023

162 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 6, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 16, 2023

141 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 6, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

179 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 5, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

227 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 5, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.