Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2023 12:50 PM

Feb 2021
I loved this episode! Opening and Ending is very good and beautiful!! Their voices, background music, animation is excellent.
Jul 12, 2023 12:58 PM

Dec 2017
Food in anime always look so delicious somehow no matter how simple. All that household work experience paid off for Miyo, her first happy moment in a very long time!

I wonder when we are going to "see" the creatures.

Cute ed visuals.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jul 12, 2023 1:03 PM
Dec 2020
it's very  very slow ...
i hope next eps much more
Jul 12, 2023 1:04 PM

Mar 2023
it's always the stepmothers
Jul 12, 2023 1:32 PM
Sep 2019
Softhenic03 said:
I don’t think calling a man with that nice build up and all, beautiful, is a nice thing but okay it was just like Miyo was at a loss of words, nothing more. Though it can partially be blamed on her upbringing as well. I mean that good-for-nothing douchebag of a father literally neglected his own firstborn daughter after getting a taste of a new pussy.  

That mother and blonde bitch are no good themselves but that old man is the biggest eyesore. Anyways, enough with them. Now, since Miyo’s already at the house of Super Ikemen-san, she does have to do things befitting of a to-be wife. And the first rule is to take his words as commands.. like the old tradition, if he says it’s night, IT IS NIGHT and if he says there are stars in a freaking bright day, THEN THERE ARE STARS lol. And hey just like the old stories, Ikemen-san is something something in the military too, with special abilities(?).

Though that was kind of fun when he simply ignored the breakfast on the assumption that Miyo poisoned it back on the first day.. fun for us not for Miyo:(.. though great to see they came to an understanding, atleast for the time being, and man ate the food next day without doubting. And yes now 
do doubt the wrongdoers, that is the Saimori family. 

Good sounding OP and ED but damn it’s the visuals. 

This is basically the 2nd man she came across otherthen her family, so you can't blame her
Jul 12, 2023 1:33 PM

Dec 2021
Lots of plot developments in this episode. Miyo's inability to perceive spirits has caused her father to favor Kaya and overlook Miyo's hardships. Nonetheless, it remains an awful thing to do, considering she is his own daughter.

We gain insight into why Kiyoka has been stringent with Miyo from the start. His previous fiancées were primarily interested in his wealth and status, and they likely possessed a personality similar to Kaya's. It's no wonder he developed trust issues. However, Miyo's unique circumstances are forcing him to pay more attention than usual, even leading to distractions at work.

A particularly poignant moment occurred when Miyo shed tears upon receiving compliments from Kiyoka about her cooking. It had been a while since she had received recognition for her efforts. Furthermore, her actions are gradually thawing Kiyoka's cold heart!

Jul 12, 2023 1:34 PM

Apr 2021
JKKH said:
Swagernator said:

"cruel for the sake of being cruel"

I don't understand what you want. She's there to be the villain, you can spend ten episodes giving her backstory, witty plots, schemes, but at the end shes still a villain that we as the viewers are supposed to dislike. Not everything is a trope.
I'm not saying to make her likable, or even that the show has to spend a lot of time fleshing her out. Just that a character who only ever acts in one way is boring. If she's just supposed to be an evil stepmom and that's all there is to her, then why spend that much time on her? showing the same kinds of abusive actions against the mc over and over is just redundant and unnecessary. And the only thing I can really take away from the mc is that the audience should pity her, what's entertaining about that? And the "evil stepmother" is literally a trope. What do you mean it isn't?
Oh, I'm so glad that you pointed that out. Kaya/stepmom is so one-noted and flat and I see no signs of a more three dimensional character hidden beneath the surface. No underlying trauma or reason that would explain why she acts this way towards Miyo. Actions without understandable motivation are just pointless. Give me something I can empathize with. This black and white portray of good and evil is so infuriating to watch. 

Which hurts because I like the storyline between Miyo and Kudou so far.
utopicaJul 12, 2023 1:47 PM
Jul 12, 2023 1:36 PM
Sep 2019
I never thought I will like something like this, I have no particular idea why I even started this? The title itself isn't my type show It's crying this ain't my type show.

Yeu I watched both the epi at the time of release and liked the both.

The eye candy animation is probably the reason I picked it but the show is doing it's job slowly but fine , Making a connection with watchers,

If they succeed main plot gonna be incredible but if they keep up with this

Daily drama daily Backstory for all 12ep I'm afried this might get A lot of hate,
However I will still watch it, and decide also recommend to my friend,

It's from our favourite animes Studio afterall I'm sure they gonna like it too.
Jul 12, 2023 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
Another amazing episode.

Feels bad for Mio too. Forgot this was a "fantasy" anime and got surprised with supernatural :D

Anyways, good to see some positivity in Miyo's life.
Jul 12, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2017
oh boy, this one was even more depressing in its sad parts, and even more hopeful in its good parts. Feels like the week of waiting in between just disappeared.

Her father seems to have some affection atleast in him for his daughter? Maybe he took the back seat when his new wife was being a complete monster to his daughter to make things worse? Still, that's quite spineless of the fellow. Judging people is dangerous though. no matter how conflicted I am over the story or my "shoulds" it wont change the misery that's already happened.
It was such a relief when she started crying at breakfast though it was sad that she herself didn't notice it. I have high hopes for this "bocchama". He may be prickly but I have a feeling they are exactly what the other needs... looking forward to more.
Ihope we get to fuwa fuwa parts soon. All this heavy gloom and doom is painful to sit through.

BUT GOD IS THE ED GORGEOUS OR WHAT! I definitely hope I can live through the next week so I can watch Miyo fight through! GO GO MI-YO! The way to a mans heart is through his stomach! Take that blockheaded ikemen out of his lonely foggy days! You two were made for each other!!

But damn do I hate the simp and that old man and definitely that evil hag. the brat I just pity.
FeanorianCruiserJul 12, 2023 1:57 PM
Jul 12, 2023 1:55 PM

Jul 2021
Looks and sounds very pretty, but... that's about it.

The characters feel very standard. We already see that Miyo is abused and subservient, Kudou is handsome, cold but secretly considerate, Yurie is a caring old lady, and Miyo's family is cartoonishly evil.

I kept waiting for an interesting spin on the characters or the situation, but was caught off-guard by how there was nothing like that.

The supernatural aspect might play a role later in the dramatic side of things, but it's equally likely it'll only turn out to be a gimmick that spices up the story. On its own it's only mildly interesting.

We'll have to see, but my initial curiosity and expectations are significantly reduced.
Jul 12, 2023 1:57 PM
May 2021
I honestly thought this was just a show about a maltreated girl and how she found true love
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jul 12, 2023 2:00 PM

Feb 2017
utopica said:
JKKH said:
I'm not saying to make her likable, or even that the show has to spend a lot of time fleshing her out. Just that a character who only ever acts in one way is boring. If she's just supposed to be an evil stepmom and that's all there is to her, then why spend that much time on her? showing the same kinds of abusive actions against the mc over and over is just redundant and unnecessary. And the only thing I can really take away from the mc is that the audience should pity her, what's entertaining about that? And the "evil stepmother" is literally a trope. What do you mean it isn't?
Oh, I'm so glad that you pointed that out. Kaya/stepmom is so one-noted and flat and I see no signs of a more three dimensional character hidden beneath the surface. No underlying trauma or reason that would explain why she acts this way towards Miyo. Actions without understandable motivation are just pointless. Give me something I can empathize with. This black and white portray of good and evil is so infuriating to watch. 

Yeah same, I want to see if Kudou and Miyo's relationship dynamic ends up being fleshed out more. I could also maybe see the sister getting redeemed a bit too. But some of the writing so far has made me skeptical of how interesting the characters could actually end up being. Kudou saying that she has to follow all of his orders even if he says to die seems to be conflicting with other aspects of his characterization so far. And the fact that magic and supernatural abilities were randomly introduced in the second episode when it wasn't mentioned at all in the first is strange too. I want this to end up good because shoujo series rarely anime that are this good looking, but all of these things combined with a kinda shallow abuse narrative has me unsure about it.
Jul 12, 2023 2:09 PM

Mar 2011
It's hard to read it but even harder to watch... these flashbacks are so difficult. Poor Miyo :/
Her father really doing nothing to protect her and her stepmother just being plain evil. I feel like Miyo's reactions/behaviors are a "natural" cause or result from this.
And Kudou must have noticed too.

Of course their start wasn't that good but since I've read the manga I'm relieved it's resolved like this. I was a little worried about it before but I think they paced the episode perfectly and the flashbacks really made it heartbreaking and able to root for Miyo. I wish her nothing but happiness ♥
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jul 12, 2023 2:12 PM
Jan 2020
well, it's decent shoujo story, but it have beutiful visual, and i love it
Jul 12, 2023 2:19 PM

Feb 2019
I really just want everyone in that damn family to die the most brutal deaths imaginable. Like Miyo dad is such a bitch for letting his new wife talk to his daughter that way and allowing the other daughter to disrespect her older sister. Idc about traditions or her not being able to see spirits, that is your flesh and blood. Be a man.

That flashback to Miyo going to confront her about stealing her mother’s robes was so heartbreaking. Then locking her in a damn dungeon??

Coming back to present day it’s also hard seeing Miyo cower and fear and constantly apologise. She’s been abused so much , you could feel the fear in her voice when she apologised about the food. Not wanting to sit too close to Kiyoka, etc. Understandable that Miyo came off as kind of sus to him because of not eating.

Looks like some drama brewing starting next week. Can’t wait.
Marinate1016Jul 12, 2023 2:23 PM
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
Mar 2021
so good anime i love
Jul 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Jul 2021
utopica said:
JKKH said:

Yeah, I almost laughed when the stepmom had that cherry tree cut down last episode. I could imagine her chopping it down herself, laughing maniacally.

Same thing when she stomped on Miyo's comb this episode. If she had a mustache, she would have been twirling it.

For me, it's not even that characters (or even real people) can't be this evil, or that they're not given a motivation. I think it's OK to not explore what goes on inside the heads of the abusers, as long as the story instead focuses on how Miyo comes to terms with the abuse and moves on from it. IRL we often don't ever figure out why certain horrible people had to be that way...

My problem with the stepmom character is just that she is so over-the-top inside this story, which is a quiet period romance about grown-ups and married life (I think). This character is not just cold and neglectful, she relishes causing pain to a child. She's not very creative or subtle about her methods either. This just comes across as a clumsy (and unnecessary) effort on the writer's part to make the viewers feel extra bad for Miyo, when most of us would have understood and empathized with her fine.

Given how simple story and characterization have been so far, I'm just hoping for the story to not dwell on Miyo's family too much, and move on to something greater, i.e. Miyo and Kudou. If it doesn't do that, we'll just have to try and ignore this side of the story...
Jul 12, 2023 3:06 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode, even better than the first one. i love everything inside, i can't wait to see what will happen next...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 12, 2023 3:09 PM

Feb 2018
You can really tell how much Miyo's upbringing has and is still effecting her, can't even sleep without being reminded of what she went through.
Her new home already seems to be a big improvement, so hopefully we will see her start to be able to enjoy life there.
Seems like there might also be a bit more to Miyo's backstory in regard to this "Usuba family" connection.
Jul 12, 2023 3:10 PM
Mar 2023
JKKH said:
utopica said:

Yeah same, I want to see if Kudou and Miyo's relationship dynamic ends up being fleshed out more. I could also maybe see the sister getting redeemed a bit too. But some of the writing so far has made me skeptical of how interesting the characters could actually end up being. Kudou saying that she has to follow all of his orders even if he says to die seems to be conflicting with other aspects of his characterization so far. And the fact that magic and supernatural abilities were randomly introduced in the second episode when it wasn't mentioned at all in the first is strange too. I want this to end up good because shoujo series rarely anime that are this good looking, but all of these things combined with a kinda shallow abuse narrative has me unsure about it.
JKKH said:
utopica said:

When Kudou said that I read it as him deliberately trying to scare her off since that's clearly his default position at this point. Also I think the fact that we checked in with Koji and Kaya might hint that they'll be some development there. We'll see.
Jul 12, 2023 3:14 PM

Jul 2019
Hmm, that scene where the father tested both Miyo and Kaya felt for some reason very familiar to me...maybe I had seen that scene already in the trailer, hence it felt so familiar... Anyway, it's so sad to see Miyo's life up until now has been very painful and sad. I just hope she will get happy, just like the OP (which is gorgeous) hints!
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Jul 12, 2023 3:22 PM
Jan 2023
The stepmother called Miyo's mother a "homewrecker". I wonder what she meant. I agree that Kaya is awful but both of her parents raised her that way.
Jul 12, 2023 3:52 PM
Feb 2019
Eu gosto muito desse gênero
É muito fofo
Jul 12, 2023 4:16 PM

Sep 2018
JKKH said:
Swagernator said:

"cruel for the sake of being cruel"

I don't understand what you want. She's there to be the villain, you can spend ten episodes giving her backstory, witty plots, schemes, but at the end shes still a villain that we as the viewers are supposed to dislike. Not everything is a trope.
I understand where you're coming from, that was the only thing I didn't really enjoy this episode, the lack of subtlety in terms of abuse, the rather lazy means to incite disdain towards this person and the MCs circumstances. Maybe I was just expecting a bit more....

There's at least loads of subtlety with regards to Miyo's actions and idiosyncrasies, which is nice.

GakutoDeathGlareJul 12, 2023 4:21 PM
Jul 12, 2023 4:22 PM

Feb 2008
Wildflower3 said:
It's hard to read it but even harder to watch... these flashbacks are so difficult. Poor Miyo :/
So true. I've been reading the manga and the light novel recently, but hearing the voice acting and the melodramatic soundtracks in the background really hit so hard that my tears started flowing, tf!
Jul 12, 2023 4:43 PM

Jun 2019
Yeah, Kudou must punish that bratty step mom and child lol.

I'm hooked now, interesting show.
Jul 12, 2023 4:52 PM

Feb 2017
SiberskEsto said:
JKKH said:
JKKH said:
When Kudou said that I read it as him deliberately trying to scare her off since that's clearly his default position at this point. Also I think the fact that we checked in with Koji and Kaya might hint that they'll be some development there. We'll see.
Yeah I guess that makes sense, and alot of the shots of kid Kaya makes her look more uncertain like she kinda knows her mom is in the wrong at that point, so I could see the show building her character more and I hope it does.
Jul 12, 2023 5:11 PM

May 2020
sigh, time to start the manga with how that episode ended.
Jul 12, 2023 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
Ikano said:
Whoaaaaa wait wait hold up. Miyo being betrothed to Kudou was NOT part of the original deal? OH SNAP that's an interesting development...

edit: Ah guess it was mentioned in first ep but I didn't notice the different names

I haven't read LN, manga or spoilers but I can already see it will be revealed that father secretly cares about Miyo, I was even half-joking in first episode that he send her so far away so she wouldn't be near her abusive stepmother/household lol ... personally I'm fine with that but honestly I'm not fan of this trope where parental figure is/was abusive/neglecting on purpose for some "mysterious" reasons.

perseii said:
utopica said:

Yeah, I almost laughed when the stepmom had that cherry tree cut down last episode. I could imagine her chopping it down herself, laughing maniacally.

Same thing when she stomped on Miyo's comb this episode. If she had a mustache, she would have been twirling it.

For me, it's not even that characters (or even real people) can't be this evil, or that they're not given a motivation. I think it's OK to not explore what goes on inside the heads of the abusers, as long as the story instead focuses on how Miyo comes to terms with the abuse and moves on from it. IRL we often don't ever figure out why certain horrible people had to be that way...

My problem with the stepmom character is just that she is so over-the-top inside this story, which is a quiet period romance about grown-ups and married life (I think). This character is not just cold and neglectful, she relishes causing pain to a child. She's not very creative or subtle about her methods either. This just comes across as a clumsy (and unnecessary) effort on the writer's part to make the viewers feel extra bad for Miyo, when most of us would have understood and empathized with her fine.

Given how simple story and characterization have been so far, I'm just hoping for the story to not dwell on Miyo's family too much, and move on to something greater, i.e. Miyo and Kudou. If it doesn't do that, we'll just have to try and ignore this side of the story...

@JKKH

There is quite to unpack here but no, she isn't "cartoonish evil" or even over the top (compared to real life abusive parents), she could be much much worse.

And stepmother's motivations are technically "understandably", she only cares about her biological daughter especially since her daughter is younger so she would be second in succession in normal situation so "worst" husband, lower status etc. Miyo is/would be basically competition for her daughter and that's why she would want to destroy Miyo's self-esteem and train her as servant.

Father on the other hand... kinda concerning that I don't see people discussing him when he IS head of family.

Also it's literally second episode and it seems we will return periodically to "Kaya's side" of story, most likely we will even see story/childhood from her POV so there is still time to develop.

P.S. honestly it is kinda funny to me to see threads like this while simultaneously being aware that a lot of people don't want to see "gray villain" but purely/irredeemably evil.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 12, 2023 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
That old hag makes me mad like your the second wife old beach know your place
Jul 12, 2023 5:22 PM

Sep 2020
Jaytaro10 said:
I honestly thought this was just a show about a maltreated girl and how she found true love
And you are not wrong about that.
Jul 12, 2023 5:43 PM

Feb 2017
Nieznajomy43 said:
Ikano said:
Whoaaaaa wait wait hold up. Miyo being betrothed to Kudou was NOT part of the original deal? OH SNAP that's an interesting development...

edit: Ah guess it was mentioned in first ep but I didn't notice the different names

I haven't read LN, manga or spoilers but I can already see it will be revealed that father secretly cares about Miyo, I was even half-joking in first episode that he send her so far away so she wouldn't be near her abusive stepmother/household lol ... personally I'm fine with that but honestly I'm not fan of this trope where parental figure is/was abusive/neglecting on purpose for some "mysterious" reasons.

perseii said:

@JKKH

There is quite to unpack here but no, she isn't "cartoonish evil" or even over the top (compared to real life abusive parents), she could be much much worse.

And stepmother's motivations are technically "understandably", she only cares about her biological daughter especially since her daughter is younger so she would be second in succession in normal situation so "worst" husband, lower status etc.  Miyo is/would be basically competition for her daughter and that's why she would want to destroy Miyo's self-esteem and train her as servant.

Father on the other hand... kinda concerning that I don't see people discussing him when he IS head of family.

Also it's literally second episode and it seems we will return periodically to "Kaya's side" of story, most likely we will even see story/childhood from her POV so there is still time to develop.

P.S. honestly it is kinda funny to me to see threads like this while simultaneously being aware that a lot of people don't want to see "gray villain" but purely/irredeemably evil.
Yeah I get her motivations you didn't have to explain them. I still feel like she's a flat and uninteresting character. I know that there are real people who do horrible things irl too but the fact that she's always in abuse mode at all times is hard to take seriously. Even if there are real examples of people who are consistently that mean, it doesn't make for interesting drama in a show. It's like having a puppy-kicking villain. The father is an issue too, can hardly call him a character, just a justification to connect the abusive stepmom to Miyo.
Jul 12, 2023 5:58 PM

Apr 2022
another great episode. love the atmosphere in this and the music helps.
don't like how the damn stepmother is too cruel but miyo really had a rough upbringing, makes a lot of sense as to why she is the way she is now though.
kudou has gained a bit of interest in miyo's background and progress is progress, espcially after how he turned down her food initially.
but damn, this show has supernatural abitlties? now that's a surprise.

i'm already hooked though.
Jul 12, 2023 6:16 PM
Nov 2019
Finally, the next story you have been waiting for has been released
My Candies :
Jul 12, 2023 6:19 PM
May 2017
Great episode! Cannot vote 6 out of 5!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 12, 2023 6:26 PM

Oct 2019
Really loving this show so far and how we can see the various differences between the families but also the treatment she is given even with being in a 'supernatural' bloodline. I wouldn't be surprised if part of miyo's redemption is almost like an awakening for her abilities later in the story. I'm seeing a fair amount of comments regarding the stepmother, which I'm not surprised about but to me I think her being overwhelmingly simple as a villain is fine being that we are still seeing things from Miyos point of view, if she hasn't seen her stepmother suffer it wouldn't make sense for it to be shown to us as a viewer in my opinion.

Jul 12, 2023 6:42 PM

May 2020
Swagernator said:
Huh uh, this apparently is a fantasy of sorts, right. It's the "beam of lights" kind of fantasy, lol.

Anyway, as one would expect, our dear Miyo is very much startled to her new surroundings, nobody yapps at her, nobody treats her as a slave, even the two people living in this house are ... nice to her ?

Well, one more than the other ... but i'm sure there is a good reason for that. Still, certainly not something Miyo is used to, certainly not what she was expecting.

Now, she still clings to what she knows, to what she was told to, but in this household they play by a different set of rules, and our Miyo would soon need to realize that there is a life beyond what she know :)

The OP is a banger, but those flashbacks are a fucking dread, Jesus.

When Miyo was shocked by the normal kindness of her fiancee's thanks for the food, that was such a bitter sweet moment (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) this show hits right in the feels.

Hurts. So. Good.
Jul 12, 2023 6:47 PM

May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
I really just want everyone in that damn family to die the most brutal deaths imaginable. Like Miyo dad is such a bitch for letting his new wife talk to his daughter that way and allowing the other daughter to disrespect her older sister. Idc about traditions or her not being able to see spirits, that is your flesh and blood. Be a man.

That flashback to Miyo going to confront her about stealing her mother’s robes was so heartbreaking. Then locking her in a damn dungeon??

Coming back to present day it’s also hard seeing Miyo cower and fear and constantly apologise. She’s been abused so much , you could feel the fear in her voice when she apologised about the food. Not wanting to sit too close to Kiyoka, etc. Understandable that Miyo came off as kind of sus to him because of not eating.

Looks like some drama brewing starting next week. Can’t wait.

This is just a classic Cinderella story, but it still is so good! XD it gets the audience so worked up and defensive over Miyo. Seeing how quickly and naturally she apologizes, as a result of her trauma, is heart breaking i really hope her fiancee really puts her father in his place, cuz he is like the worst father ever lol
Jul 12, 2023 6:53 PM

May 2020
Ten said:
Oh, this is so good. I actually cried. Best anime this season.

Right!?!? This show is freaking amazing!
Jul 12, 2023 6:55 PM

May 2020
Embient said:
Damn that OP is really good. Both the song and animation are amazing.
Nice to learn more about the supernatural part
Poor Koji, he's got it the worst
Miyo was praised. Me happy.
The ED is good too. I like this artstyle.
Good episode

(⊙_⊙) Oh. My. 'lanta!!!! The freaking OP and ED visuals and music are so freaking amazing!! Its rare that i enjoy both the OP and ED equally in a show. Its hard to pick a favorite between the two!
Jul 12, 2023 8:07 PM

Jul 2021
This episode felt so short, it leaves me craving for more, I can't wait to watch the next episode.

They introduced supernatural abilities to the story, I would like to see how Miyo connects into all of this. The episode ends with a phone call between Miyo's father and the Mustache guy, Mustache dude seems to be upset that Miyo's father did not keep his promise to give Miyo to the Mustache family. During this conversation, the Mustache guy reveals that Miyo has the blood of the Usuba family. The Usuba family must mean from the mother's side, hm, we can speculate the reason for the death of Miyo's mother using this piece of information.

---Theory---

There is a chance that Sumi (Miyo's mum), had a strong or different supernatural ability that is desired by Mustache Guy, otherwise, I do not see why he may need the blood of the Usuba family. So if the Usuba family has a supernatural power they might have been called to fight Grotesqueries which might have ultimately caused Sumi's sudden death. 
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Jul 12, 2023 8:31 PM
Apr 2023
giggling and swinging my legs
Jul 12, 2023 8:52 PM

Mar 2007
Just when I thought I couldn't hate the step mother and step sister even more, we get the comb stepping scene in Episode 2. The father is also a piece of < censored >.

Argh! Poor Miyo.
Jul 12, 2023 8:59 PM

Mar 2016
I hate the Netflix jail as much as you guys do, but this series right here I would like to bingewatch it, I just can't wait one week, I need moar!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 12, 2023 9:04 PM
Mar 2015
She survived the first day
Jul 12, 2023 9:05 PM

Oct 2021
stepmom deserves to die, well her father isn't much better. Maybe Danna-sama isn't as cold and rude as miyo thought. hope he treats her well.
Jul 12, 2023 9:21 PM
Jul 2023
Great, i love it when he eat his breakfast and he try to findout what really happen to her in the past
Jul 12, 2023 10:24 PM
Dec 2015
I suspect that the stepmother is afraid that Miyo will wake up her superpowers and she will become a hindrance to Kayu, which is why she mocked her, probably believing that by emotionally destabilizing Miyo she would obsolete the threat to her daughter's future.

The father apparently didn't have much choice in choosing a wife and didn't really try to protect his first daughter for fear of jealousy from his wife, believing that she might kill Miyo if he gave her too much attention.

Also, we must understand that in patriarchal societies it is not easy to break a marriage for both parties, especially when there are already children, because he cannot kick out his evil new wife, even if he became the head of the family.

But in the end, he broke the deal and sent his daughter to another family, where he believed that she would be safer, probably possessing some kind of hidden information.
Jul 12, 2023 11:41 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
The one show I'd actually binge watch from Netflix in a while.. and it airs on a weekly basis. 
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

99 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Marinate1016 - Sep 6, 2023

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

83 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

111 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

221 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 12:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.