Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 18, 2023 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
I like to think I do at the very least. I put a fair amount of thought into what I wear, and will usually rock a band tee, jeans, Timbs, a black beanie and a leather jacket I found at a thrift store in April that fits me pretty much perfectly. I'll switch it up every so often but that is pretty much my default look. I'll also even throw on a bit of eyeliner if I feel like the occasion calls for it, especially if I'm going to a gig. 
Take care of yourself

Jul 18, 2023 2:07 PM

Aug 2021
At home, I wear sport/jogging clothing, tshirts with ASICS sportshoes and sweaters if it is cold. But when I go out or lets say more formal, or go away with friends, go shopping or what ever, then I wear trousers with a casual shirt and leather shoes. I don't wear ties though, but I have belts fitting the color of my shoes. Brown, black and dark blue.

I even have shoe polish sets here, to keep my leather shoes shiny.

I haven't wear and jeans for years now. Only trousers.
Toonen1988Jul 18, 2023 2:12 PM
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Jul 18, 2023 7:38 PM

Nov 2020
If I'm not going to work I'm dressing alright. I have that classic oversized shirt/hoodie/sweater/ top with another oversized cargo/jeans with a nice square bag that slings across my body(I don't know what its called). For shoes its usually my sb dunks or some Jordan 4s. 
If I'm going out for a nice dinner/party imma dress abit more smart casual with stuff from uniqlo.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jul 22, 2023 3:43 AM
Jun 2023
ShadowMelphie said:
I where colorful colors, usually within a combination of greens, yellows, and whites. I wear a lot of Final Fantasy VII Tees. For footwear, I wear colorful sneakers as well, usually within combinations of green yellow and orange.
Wow! I sometimes like bright combinations in clothes too, but I prefer pastel colors because they are easier to work with
May 26, 1:05 PM

Jul 2023
My style is completely random, most often influenced by the weather and whether or not the situation is formal or informal. I've never bought any clothes myself.
May 27, 3:08 PM

Feb 2018
"Do your dress nice?"

Not Particularly... but i Do Have a "PERFECT GRADE" Fourth-Scaled Butter Hunnie that most certainly does...

MasterTasukeJun 12, 6:57 AM
May 28, 7:20 AM

Dec 2018
i do get compliments on my style. i mostly wear oversized stuff with graphic shirts of cartoons, anime, memes (really dumb stuff). if its cold, i pair it with a plain jacket. as for the bottoms, either cargo pants, parachute pants, or boyfriend jeans. i like adding small things like necklaces, keychain on my pants, fun hats, etc. i've been told i wear boyish stuff lol so i guess that's the best way to sum it up
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 28, 7:29 AM

Feb 2020
Probably not, but tbh I don't really know what looks stylish for guys as I don't think we have all that many options and styles, and I don't like spending much on just clothes for myself.
I dress for comfort, usually plain tracksuit bottoms and shirts with character prints, memes, logos or slogans.
Shorts occasionally on the rare days when it's comfortable-enough to wear them. I also like wearing cords, but my cat destroyed my last pair and haven't replaced them.
Shoes I just have whatever's on sale, as it'll get destroyed in no time anyway, as I do tons of walking.
May 28, 7:52 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I just dress normally, nothing outstanding, as long as it's comfortable :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 28, 8:03 AM

Jan 2009
Rinrinka said:
It looks good on you

Maou_heika said:
I don't care about fashion and there's no dress code in the company I work for so I always wear jeans with a full sleeves top and sneakers.
I've been wondering for a while, but in case your position stays consistent through time, have you ever desired or do you still at least sometimes desire appearing more feminine?
May 28, 10:25 AM

Feb 2024
I wear suit or polo shirt and shorts most of the time. And skiing/fishing clothes occasionally. Can't remember myself wearing any different for the last 10 years lol.

@Rinrinka you look nice!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 28, 11:28 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Rinrinka
@Rinrinka You look like a birthday present.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 28, 11:35 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
I've been wondering for a while, but in case your position stays consistent through time, have you ever desired or do you still at least sometimes desire appearing more feminine?
I did have interesting in those things as a teen but I wasn't allowed to do any kind of beauty products or wear fashionable clothes, later I just gave up on appearing feminine and got used to it, I'm not interested in it anymore.
May 28, 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
I mostly wear various different flannel shirts, overshirts, jeans, chukka boots, and all-white shoes. When it comes to shirts, I like getting materials that are 100% cotton, hemp, linen, wool, silk, etc. L.L Bean and Fjallraven are a couple of my favorite brands.

I have some parka jackets and sweaters that I sometimes wear during the winter time as well.

Also, I got a new backpack for travel last winter: it’s the Orbis 1-pocket backpack (Troubadour brand). Hands down the best backpack that I’ve ever had.

When I’m at home, I keep it simple and just wear a plain t-shirt as well as pajamas, and if the temperature is extremely hot, I just walk around the house with no pants on.

PopArt said:
What's your style? Do you follow fashion trends? Colorful clothes or color neutral ones

I'm not sure if there's an exact name for my fashion style, but after doing a quick Google search and looking up images online, I think it's called "casual fall outfit for men" or something like that. And nope, I don't follow fashion trends at all. I only go with what looks best to me. As for colorful vs neutral clothes, I definitely prefer neutral clothes since they look and pair much better compared to colorful clothes.
May 28, 12:28 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I wear the same cheap clothes (tracksuit pants and buttoned shirts) until they fall apart from wear, or get too many holes in them. Fuck wasting money on trying to "look good". Nobody cares (spoiler), and I'm not narcissistic enough to care what people think of my fashion sense.
May 28, 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Maou_heika
Noboru said:
I did have interesting in those things as a teen but I wasn't allowed to do any kind of beauty products or wear fashionable clothes, later I just gave up on appearing feminine and got used to it, I'm not interested in it anymore.
@Maou_heika That sounds like very restrictive parenting. Maybe a different hairstyle, some accessories or just some brighter colors and/or a different motive on your clothes could work in case you would be up for trying it out
Has it been only the case for you or also for your sister?
Also, I wonder how it has been for the other women of your family. If it used to be restrictive for your mother or any other relatives, then the question arises how they got out of those restrictions. And if there has been indeed such a thing, can you imagine something like that happen to you as well?
May 29, 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
That sounds like very restrictive parenting. Maybe a different hairstyle, some accessories or just some brighter colors and/or a different motive on your clothes could work in case you would be up for trying it out
I don't like tying my hair so I keep them short. I prefer dark colors and I've got a few sets of clothes and I'm fine with that, clothes don't really interest me.

Noboru said:
Has it been only the case for you or also for your sister?
My sister has never worn anything that would make my mother question her although she does buy ornaments/accessories and other beauty products and my mother has never scolded her for it.

Noboru said:
Also, I wonder how it has been for the other women of your family. If it used to be restrictive for your mother or any other relatives, then the question arises how they got out of those restrictions. And if there has been indeed such a thing, can you imagine something like that happen to you as well?
As much as I know my mother's parents gave her complete freedom to do whatever she wanted. I used to stay at my cousin's place for a week during summer vacation every year and her parents didn't place any such restrictions on her either. It's partly because my mother has an image of what a "simple girl" should or should not look like and wants me to follow it and partly because my father didn't allow her to spend much money on clothes after marriage.
May 29, 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
@Maou_heika: Thank you for your elaborate response! :)

It seems to me like your parents value modesty and thrift in some way. I don't quite like how you've been treated unfairly compared to your sister. Makeup is not really healthy, but a bit for special occasions should have been more than possible, especially if one child is allowed to. I prefer equal treatment

There are some advantages of those modest restrictions: people who ever get to meet you could focus more on you as a person rather than how you look, so you have an edge over all the girls and young women who overly focus on their appearance.
Secondly, it's healthier and easier to get ready if and when you want to go somewhere
And last but not least, once you decide for yourself, you have the potential to create the biggest popular Gap Moé feeling by turning at least temporarily from a plain tomboyish look to a girly-girlish or distinctive womanly style

Some questions remain at this point though:

1) Do you prefer dark colors for their style or because you don't want to strike much attention to yourself?
2) What do you think of Gothic and/or Emo style?
3) Assuming there are no more restrictions and money plays no role, would you be up for trying to change your style at least for a special event, provided there would be one that would interest you?
May 29, 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
Now that I'm no longer employed my main clothes are tshirts with the sleeves cut off and camo cargo shorts that I made myself from old pairs of pants. Though I dressed rather casually at my old job too, compared to most people's workplaces at least.
May 29, 1:49 PM

Jan 2022
lol no, imagine caring about fashion trends or a giving a f((( about anything. lol.
if girls were smart they'd notice i'd be good at sex bcuz i take clomipramine.
May 30, 1:26 AM

Sep 2020
i wear shorts t shirts and loose pjs at home or if i have to go out just casually, when i go to college i inn my shirt, close my collar button, wear my id card and watch
May 30, 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
1) Do you prefer dark colors for their style or because you don't want to strike much attention to yourself?
I simply prefer them because stains are not as much visible on them and compared to bright colors don't appear discolored as if it's dirty even after washing after long term use.

Noboru said:
2) What do you think of Gothic and/or Emo style?
Not my thing, some of them, specially the ones that paint their face look scary if at all anything. I prefer cuter stuff.

Noboru said:
3) Assuming there are no more restrictions and money plays no role, would you be up for trying to change your style at least for a special event, provided there would be one that would interest you?
Even if my parents didn't place any restrictions, society also plays a role. Like I said earlier I like cute stuff so a frilly short dress with thigh high stockings and boots would be my preference but if I wear something and go out I would stand out and everyone would stare at me.
May 30, 10:53 AM

Aug 2018
I'd wear everything black if I could.
May 30, 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
"What's your style?"

Victorian Goth.

"Do you follow fashion trends"

Not really.

"Colorful clothes or color neutral ones"

Mostly black.
May 30, 11:40 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Whatever fits me for the day. Couldn't care less what clothes I wear.
Usually work clothes daily but privately, just some pants and a black t-shirt.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
May 30, 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
I dress nice. Because I know that most people are superficial. And they do actually judge a book (or person) by its cover (or physical appearance)...despite the advice to not do that.
May 30, 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
Maou_heika said:
I simply prefer them because stains are not as much visible on them and compared to bright colors don't appear discolored as if it's dirty even after washing after long term use.
Good points. Though I don't mind continuing to wear the washed outs at home and still have enough to cycle that it doesn't become an issue anytime soon. Also depends on the quality and the laundry usually has much less issues when similar colors are washed at cooler temperatures (30°C) and the clothes are put inside out

Maou_heika said:
Not my thing, some of them, specially the ones that paint their face look scary if at all anything. I prefer cuter stuff.
There's also Gothic Lolita but I would also prefer less face painting and it wouldn't really be something to wear when it's hot outside

Maou_heika said:
Even if my parents didn't place any restrictions, society also plays a role. Like I said earlier I like cute stuff so a frilly short dress with thigh high stockings and boots would be my preference but if I wear something and go out I would stand out and everyone would stare at me.
Makes sense, so public transport would fall flat. Over here, it wouldn't stand out as much and most people have cars to directly drive to the destination
Hmm, I wonder if Cutecore or in parts Fairy Key could be what you have in mind

Do you have specific colors in mind when it comes to aesthetics rather than practicability?
Also, what's your season color type?
NoboruMay 30, 2:23 PM
May 30, 7:02 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I wear clothes. Let the people decide if it is nice.
May 30, 11:57 PM

Jun 2020
When I go out with people yeah.. otherwise if I'm at class or grocery shopping i dont mind dressing like a bum
May 31, 12:56 AM

Mar 2023
I only use whatever clothes i find..
May 31, 12:56 AM

Jul 2015
i just throw on whatever whether it matches or not i don't really have a style all clothing atleast that i can afford is just unappealing to me or i can't wear them without being ridiculed so i just throw on w/e and don't care.
May 31, 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
Noboru said:
Makes sense, so public transport would fall flat. Over here, it wouldn't stand out as much and most people have cars to directly drive to the destination
Hmm, I wonder if Cutecore or in parts Fairy Key could be what you have in mind
Most middle class people don't own cars here, I don't either. Cutecore does look cute but Fairy Key has a bit too much of pastel colors, not exactly a fan of those.

Noboru said:
Do you have specific colors in mind when it comes to aesthetics rather than practicability?
Light blue I guess, I like that color, although black is my favorite.

Noboru said:
Also, what's your season color type?
It's winter
May 31, 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
@Maou_heika: Hi there, fellow Winter type :D
In that case, you would do indeed much better to not use pastel colors, but rather icy tones. Light blue is an excellent choice

This is btw one of my favorite outfits from iM@s:

https://youtu.be/zW52Berp0aM?t=10

What do you think about it?

Maou_heika said:
Most middle class people don't own cars here, I don't either.
If not even upper middle class has it, then it makes it harder. Over here, there is a good enough used car market that even lower middle class people can afford their own car. That or leasing a car. But from what I've got, it seems like your best option to get a chance to dress how you want to - without fearing for repercussions or worrying about how the people around you see you - would be to fly at least for a few days of vacation to a country where you can be more free, once you get better. While I meant what I wrote in the one thread back then as a joke, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of letting you stay with me in case you ever considered visiting my own country and you could have the first upper floor with your own bathroom with bathtub/shower combo, kitchen, balcony, TV, Netflix, Internet and two beds for yourself. But even if you never consider this option, I still wish for you that you will be able to travel to a place where you can express yourself the way you want to be and wear what you want at least once in your life
NoboruMay 31, 3:26 PM
May 31, 3:53 PM

Jan 2020
I’d like to, but I have no money, so, unfortunately, no… I just wear the same old rags I’ve been wearing for over 10 years.
May 31, 5:16 PM
Dec 2010
I dress mostly in shorts and t-shirts for casual every day wear. I should get more skirts myself. Frills make some clothing look really cute.

I suppose it's a bit of everything else?
Jun 2, 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
Those dresses look nice

Noboru said:
If not even upper middle class has it, then it makes it harder. Over here, there is a good enough used car market that even lower middle class people can afford their own car. That or leasing a car. But from what I've got, it seems like your best option to get a chance to dress how you want to - without fearing for repercussions or worrying about how the people around you see you - would be to fly at least for a few days of vacation to a country where you can be more free, once you get better. While I meant what I wrote in the one thread back then as a joke, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of letting you stay with me in case you ever considered visiting my own country and you could have the first upper floor with your own bathroom with bathtub/shower combo, kitchen, balcony, TV, Netflix, Internet and two beds for yourself. But even if you never consider this option, I still wish for you that you will be able to travel to a place where you can express yourself the way you want to be and wear what you want at least once in your life
Flying to another country just for dressing up sounds a bit impractical, I'm already used to my current dressing style, I don't think I'd want to buy an outfit that I would wear only a few times in my life, thanks for the offer though.
Jun 11, 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
Why bother with dressing nice? It does not matter.
Jun 11, 3:24 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to DesuMaiden
Why bother with dressing nice? It does not matter.
@DesuMaiden If NTHE ends up actually being true then I'll dress like Lord Humungus from Mad Max just to troll humanity one last time.

Jun 13, 6:36 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
Tbh I just throw on random stuff I have and call it a day. I could be sleeping in everyday clothes or going out in public in pajamas
Jun 13, 11:37 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to Lost_Viking
@DesuMaiden If NTHE ends up actually being true then I'll dress like Lord Humungus from Mad Max just to troll humanity one last time.

@Lost_Viking hello based department?
Jun 14, 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
if it's comfortable
I'll wear anything
Jun 14, 8:25 AM
Jul 2021
Well yes, I have to do it. And even outside of work I like to wear good brand name clothes.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 14, 4:04 PM

Apr 2023
I love colorful, bright, and feminine clothes. I spend most of my extra money on clothes and accessories, I really enjoy fashion and dressing up.
starshiiineJun 14, 4:10 PM
Jun 14, 6:56 PM

Jun 2024
yes for maybe 80% of the days, its my only motivation to get up at 8am to go to class
the other 20% is when i'm too lazy to think so i just leave in my pjs

wife
Jun 16, 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
i am from latin america but i live in america now, so my style is a tiny bit different. i wear flare jeans that i get complimented on a lot, it seems to be trending a tiny bit. i like to wear light colored tops that are laced nicely and are from stores i like such as pacsun or H&M. so yes, colorful clothing but for the winter, neutrals suits me best.
Jun 16, 8:03 PM

Jun 2016
During the week I dress like a generic office lady, on the weekends I wear sports clothes or dresses depending on the weather
Jun 17, 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
People only care about your appearance anyways. So it is absolutely critical to dress nice.
Jun 17, 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Rurihime
During the week I dress like a generic office lady, on the weekends I wear sports clothes or dresses depending on the weather
@Rurihime I think being a office lady must be a bit relaxing, i like their fashion being modest and classy.
Jun 17, 5:21 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to removed-user
@Rurihime I think being a office lady must be a bit relaxing, i like their fashion being modest and classy.
@hell_angelicx yep, the clothes are fine, I like to wear the skirt and tights, although sometimes the heels are annoying, but with time you forget about them
Jun 18, 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
Yes, I dress nice. Because I know that looks are everything.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can I Still make Shit posts on MAL?

MellowJello - 2 minutes ago

0 by MellowJello »»
2 minutes ago

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - Yesterday

14 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
9 minutes ago

» Why are some users Racist here?

puneetsingh - 8 hours ago

21 by DigiCat »»
41 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

76 by GreatDubai021 »»
43 minutes ago

» Why are Vikings worshipped when they were thugs that stole and raped anything

vasipi4946 - 1 hour ago

3 by SimplyBrazen »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.