Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Galaxy Next Door
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Apr 2016
Buick_Regal_GNX said:
This anime was going so well until they just had to bring out the incestuous crush plot device because of course there'd be one.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jul 1, 2023 8:19 PM
Mar 2023
Shiori imagined Ichiro on a plate when she saw him arrive all arranged, and the truth is that I was surprised that after solving the matter with her brothers, she was the one who brought up the subject of marriage and put it on the table in the festival that they put on, in my head I thought that Ichiro was going to continue with the impulse that he had had in these past chapters and he was going to propose it. Well, the season is appreciated, and if by twists of fate there ends up being a second one, I will appreciate it even more.
PS: Chihiro is from the north, confirmed.
Jul 2, 2023 5:45 PM

Jan 2012
Ice-skating, a summertime festival in the winter, and a proposal of a proposal with the princess to end the series. Honestly I kinda feel bad for this series. It was another romance in a sea of romance shows, and I feel like it got lost a bit in that sea, for me. For what it was I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It brought a level of maturity, likely due to the couple's age, several other series from the Spring Season lacked. It also had a moreso unique family dynamic and it deserves credit for tackling that I think. And yet ultimately I just didn't connect as well with it as I did with at least 3 or 4 other romance shows that aired this season. I will say after watching the first 8 episodes weekly marathoning these last 4 did leave me with a better impression. Perhaps I should have watched the whole series that way, I dunno. But I liked it anyway. I'm just not sure I liked it enough in the year of the romance anime, which is what 2023 is effectively shaping up to be. Had this come out a year or two ago who knows? Maybe it would have stuck out more. Solid 7/10.

Oh, and for what it's worth I do think Sweetness and Lightning was the better series from this author.
Jul 2, 2023 8:40 PM
Jun 2016
the best couple!!! i love them!!!
Jul 2, 2023 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
that "guhehe" is really hilarious! nice romance btw...
4/5.
7/10.

Jul 3, 2023 4:53 AM

Mar 2016
Everything felt so mid. Lack of other cast interaction with Main Characters is definetely the biggest cause

Actual ending is in eps 11. This eps felt like OVA

6/10

Jul 3, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2019
I can understand what people are getting annoyed and/or bored at but it doesn't bother me, since I just watch these kinds of anime to feel warmth in my cold, bitter, shriveled heart and this one did the trick. Just plain adorable!

9/10
Jul 3, 2023 1:18 PM
Dec 2022
a great ending to this season.
Jul 5, 2023 10:31 AM
Mar 2022
Now that all the drama is dealt with at las, everything has gone back to the normal but more importantly. With Fumo and Machi off to school, Ichiro and Shiori can have the time of their lives, through a date. Shiori is over the moon to get new clothes for the date to impress Ichiro. To that effect, Ichiro asking Sano for advice on his appearance, and indeed, dresses up very nicely to the amusement of Shiori, to go ice-skating. And since both of them never tried out skating before, Ichiro is worried about himself more than Shiori to get the balancing act right...
Feels like they wanted to celebrate this anime in the finale with a bonding with all the main cast. Definitely worth the watch imo. Overall a lovely wholesome rom-com, would like to see a season 2...
Jul 5, 2023 11:57 AM

Mar 2010
90% was boring beta bs, but there were some moments where it was okay. Honestly I didn't realize it was event he last episode cause of how basic it was and just.. boring lolz but anyways gonna start to erase this from my memory banks. waste of time

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 9, 2023 10:28 AM
Dec 2022
it was amazing....
Jul 17, 2023 4:02 AM

Jun 2019
Machi and Fumio were adorable and so understanding during the whole show. Loved them both. And, almost all the characters were fun to watch. It was genuinely a fun watch. Ended on a great note.
Jul 18, 2023 7:20 AM
Jun 2023
overall it's good
Jul 25, 2023 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
The intro song reminds me heavily of Flying Witch intro, any relation?
Jul 27, 2023 2:03 AM
Jan 2022
It felt like Anime was kinda rushed
Aug 15, 2023 12:04 AM
Apr 2021
ep 11 to 12 was a rollercoaster, very good
Aug 26, 2023 2:54 PM

Feb 2014
This was by far the most boring anime I've watched in a long time. Holy shit it was torture to sit through. Everything about the anime was so bland, lifeless and mechanical, almost as if an AI made it. The interactions between the main guy and the girl were especially bad. They had absolutely no chemistry. They were just spouting one generic line after another at each other. The other characters didn't add much either. The plot with Machi at the end came out of nowhere and seemed pretty rushed, so it didn't work for me at all. And then there's Fumio, who was a pretty weird character, like a gender swapped version of Kanna (turns out he even has the same VA). So, all in all, the most forgettable anime I've watched in ages.
Aug 27, 2023 11:31 AM
Aug 2023
Cozy asf, literally no bad episodes
Oct 2, 2023 3:09 AM

Nov 2017
Fumio kawaiiiiiiiiii😍😍😍
Oct 11, 2023 6:35 PM
Oct 2023
Great way to end the season. 8/10 anime, with so much more potential in Season 2.
Nov 22, 2023 5:50 PM

Oct 2008
In those last 5 minutes of the episode I was reminded that they lived in an apartment complex. This was completely wasted plot point, it felt like two random characters show up out of nowhere to the party. As far as their relationship goes and this date they had it felt like it started to digress. They went as far as a kiss half way through the series, and here we are in the final episode and they are shy about holding hands again.. I was expecting they announce a marriage date or something by now.

Overall, found this quite boring and indecisive. Felt like they didn't know what direction to go in, introduced bunch of plot points but developed none of them. Instead of wasting time on those random trips to the zoo/shrine/hot springs etc they should have focused on developing some of those points.
Feb 16, 2:57 AM

Nov 2023
It was a really chill ending; nothing much happened, but it felt pretty cozy.

I think the show was a nice watch; it's a solid romance.
May 17, 12:47 AM
Apr 2022
good anime very fun

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sir_4lpha_ - Mar 19, 2023

124 by Devonnius »»
Feb 13, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

44 by AZINRO »»
Jan 21, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

52 by removed-user »»
Jan 3, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

33 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Otonari ni Ginga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

37 by zayanime »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.