Forums

What was the first anime that made you cry๐Ÿค”

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2023 6:01 PM

Jul 2021
comicboy6758 said:
Curlybrace101 said:
Only one anime has ever made me cry and that was Demon Slayer.

I didn't cry at the end of Your Lie in April. I didn't cry at the end of Angel Beats! I didn't cry at the end of Assassination Classroom. Yet for some reason I have cried multiple times throughout the plot of Demon Slayer.

neurotypical cringe
i still don't get why people cry to stuff like demon slayer or especially naruto
Come on, now, different strokes and all that.

I also shed a tear from Demon Slayer Season 1, in the spider mountain arc. If you're curious about why: I wasn't especially sad, but more like emotionally amped up. Stories about family bonds tend to get to me, and the animation and the music were just shaking me to the core. Sadly, never got a similar feeling from the movie or the later seasons.

Unfortunately, FMA Brotherhood did not really do much for me, so I stopped a third of the way through. I did read the manga later and loved it, but did not get too emotional at any point.

The first show I cried at was Violet Evergarden, at multiple points, including the famous 10th episode. Such a sad but beautiful and hopeful show. I started watching TV anime around 2019 or so, and this was one of the shows that showed me what was possible for anime and got me into it more.

The first Japanese animation I cried at was Grave of the Fireflies, way back (I was 12 or so). Because it ripped my heart to shreds, that's why.
Jun 2, 2023 6:08 PM

May 2021
Your Lie In April when Kaori died and little kid me wanted the best ending possible so it crushed me.
Jun 3, 2023 12:05 AM
Apr 2023
Curlybrace101 said:
comicboy6758 said:

neurotypical cringe
i still don't get why people cry to stuff like demon slayer or especially naruto
"neurotypical cringe" I am literally diagnosed with autism

Anyways you like Dragon Ball and Bleach. Pot meet kettle.

autism gang pull up, me too my guy

also i genuinely hate the bleach anime with all of my might
Jun 3, 2023 12:07 AM

Mar 2020
comicboy6758 said:
Curlybrace101 said:
"neurotypical cringe" I am literally diagnosed with autism

Anyways you like Dragon Ball and Bleach. Pot meet kettle.

Lol that’s fair. I too hate much of my favorite anime
In the end, all girls are like the rose bride
Jun 3, 2023 12:07 AM
Apr 2023
ryan77999 said:
Naruto, of all things. I was 12, and the Zabuza and Haku scene got me good

I was like i think 10 or 11 when i first watched naruto but personally never got attached with any of the characters except rock lee so nothing really hit me emotionally
Jun 3, 2023 12:09 AM
Apr 2023
jieanteater said:
VE is understandable but idk why for My Dress Up Darling lol

it's ok, I just recently while it was airing cried to bocchi the rock and then cried to the konosuba movie so i'm no different
Jun 3, 2023 12:11 AM
Apr 2023
Curlybrace101 said:
comicboy6758 said:

Lol that’s fair. I too hate much of my favorite anime

the bleach anime has to be one of the worst manga adaptations in the history of battle shonen
Like how did they turn my favourite manga of all time into one of my least favourite anime ever
Jun 3, 2023 1:32 AM
Apr 2022
Fair said:
Fair enough.

I hope you are excited for the season 3.

Yeah about that , i have already read the manga and i can say that next season would a peak and i dont want to spoil you about it too!
Jun 4, 2023 12:57 AM
Apr 2023
Shivin_Singh said:
Yeah about that , i have already read the manga and i can say that next season would a peak and i dont want to spoil you about it too!

I've read the manga and can comfortably say that nothing will happen in season 3 that hasn't happened in the seasons before
Jun 4, 2023 1:00 AM
May 2023
italktowomen said:
Your Lie In April when Kaori died and little kid me wanted the best ending possible so it crushed me.
I didnt want her to die either but I guess it's for the best. At least she died with no regrets and Kousei won't forget. Sometimes bittersweet like that is better 
Jun 4, 2023 1:20 AM

Sep 2017
Strangely it was Sword Art Online, I wasn't ready for the end of the Mother Rosario arc
Jun 4, 2023 1:29 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The first and only anime so far to actually make me a sobbing mess was clannad after story, episode 18- damn that hit like a truck

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 2023 2:00 AM

Nov 2020
Re life was the first anime that I cried.It was also the third anime that I watched and made me like other types of anime other than battle shonen.
Jun 4, 2023 2:17 AM
Jan 2017
Graves of fireflies is the only one. I swear if you don't cry in the end i'm questioning your human being. 
Jun 4, 2023 2:55 AM
Apr 2022
comicboy6758 said:
Shivin_Singh said:

I've read the manga and can comfortably say that nothing will happen in season 3 that hasn't happened in the seasons before
For second i thought i can give some hopes and watch them crushing down with the kiss scene!
Jun 4, 2023 4:57 AM
Apr 2023
Damuzen said:
Strangely it was Sword Art Online, I wasn't ready for the end of the Mother Rosario arc

funny cause it's the only anime i've ever given a 1/10
Jun 4, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2021
Hotarubi no Mori e. I cried for 3 days lol until I caught a cold xD I've re-watched it at least five times and I'm still crying at that scene. Maybe it's because it was one of the first anime I watched (when I just became an anime fan) so I didn't expect what would happen at all... so when I saw that scene I could only cry loudly and I couldn't function properly (sounds silly and unbelievable but it's true, I barely stopped crying lol). 

Jun 4, 2023 5:34 AM
Feb 2016
One Piece, when the Merry burned. That was the first one, since I started watching it pretty young, but certainly not the last. I tend to be very emotional and easily driven to tears. The record for hardest I've ever cried at an anime / manga goes to the first chapter / episode of To Your Eternity, though Clannad After Story would be a close second.
Jun 4, 2023 5:46 AM
Jul 2021
Plastic Memories has to be it. It was too hard not to cry :(

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 4, 2023 6:15 AM
Apr 2023
AtlantaRiddle said:
One Piece, when the Merry burned. That was the first one, since I started watching it pretty young, but certainly not the last. I tend to be very emotional and easily driven to tears. The record for hardest I've ever cried at an anime / manga goes to the first chapter / episode of To Your Eternity, though Clannad After Story would be a close second.

who reading/watching one piece could've expected a boat hitting them that hard(even though i personally didn't really cry)
Jun 4, 2023 6:22 AM

Apr 2022
Puella Magi Madoka Magica made me cry a lot
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jun 4, 2023 7:16 PM

Aug 2016
Angel Beats 100% , so of the shows mentioned here came way way later
Jun 4, 2023 7:29 PM

Apr 2022
it was one of my first anime ever - naruto LMFAO crying to a damn shounen sounds so funny to me now.
well, it was during the scene where naruto meets his mom and she quickly gives him life advice before time runs out... 
Jun 4, 2023 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
d0main said:
Angel Beats 100% , so of the shows mentioned here came way way later
Same. That ending song was so beautiful T.T
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jun 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Jan 2020
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo's last episode FR that graduation scene and there are also moments I teared up before that.
Jun 4, 2023 8:08 PM
Jan 2022
Don't remember but recently I did "cry" for 

- your name (at the end when the girl was like "What is your name ?") ngl

- weathering with you (you starting to see a pattern) 

- Oshi no ko first episode (then a dropped that slice of life ahh show)

I see some people replied "Demon Slayer" and  that's way too crazy for me lmao but I'm not that emotional anyways.
Jun 4, 2023 8:13 PM

Mar 2021
Lol I don't even remember properly, from what I can recall, 5 centimeter per second made me sad but it didn't made me cry. So I guess it was the ending a silent voice which made me shed tears. Btw Anohana was the anime that made me cry the most 

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Jun 4, 2023 8:16 PM
Mar 2017
Probably it was Pokemon, I actually don't remember I was a kid... but I remember when I consciously started watch anime and I CRIED MY EYES OUT IN EVERY DAMN EPISODE OF NATSUME YUJINCHOU .  I wanted to rewatch it, but I cried a lot the first two episodes...
Jun 4, 2023 8:17 PM

Feb 2021
comicboy6758 said:

Im curious why? I understand a lot of people think it's horrible but I personally found it pretty entertaining.

The Perfect Duo - has one who thinks and one who do's.
To have a party, there's at least two 

When the world is dark, and you feel near to end.
Just remember there's hope, in the form of a friend.

Jun 4, 2023 8:19 PM

Mar 2021
darklonewolf23 said:
It's a bit cliched, but the first one for me was kimi no na wa. Just a magical experience for me when I first watched it.
ya I get it. It was really a beautiful experience. Plus for someone who is new to anime, it's like something out of this world. I don't think there are many anime out there that can recreate that effect. Personally I didn't cry but it made me feel many emotions which were completely new to me.

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Jun 4, 2023 8:53 PM
May 2023
my first anime that made me cry is 'I want to your pancreas' and i cry so much that story line stole my heart
Jun 4, 2023 9:06 PM
Jul 2019
For me its "Your lie in april" and because its one of the first anime that i watched.
But clannad that made me cry a lot.
Jun 4, 2023 9:09 PM

Apr 2023
Koe no katachi. Though it is a movie, it made me emotional.
Jun 4, 2023 9:36 PM
Apr 2021
I remember it was Haha wo Tazunete Sanzenri
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 PM

Jun 2019
I wanna say it was Angel Beats, but I don't exactly remember.
Jun 6, 2023 1:11 PM

Dec 2020
Episode 19 of Demon Slayer. Kind of funny that DS was the first one for me, but whatever.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Jun 6, 2023 4:57 PM

Nov 2022
I think it was Byosoku 5 cm

May be something else as well.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jun 6, 2023 5:19 PM
May 2023
a voz do silencio , lembro que da primeira vez que eu assisti eu chorei muito
Jun 6, 2023 5:30 PM

Feb 2018
First was Slam Dunk when Mitsui

Second I remember was either the end of Steins;Gate, or the Jojo Battle Tendency scene when Wamuu
"Chimp in state of nature never jerks off, but in captivity he does, wat does this mean? In state of nature he’s too busy, to put plainly. He is concerned with mastering space: solving problem of life in and under trees, mastering what tools he can, mastering social relations in the jockeying for power and status. Deprived of this drive to development and self-increase he devolves to pointless masturbation, in captivity, where he senses he is in owned space and therefore the futility of all his efforts and all his actions."
Jun 6, 2023 6:45 PM

Mar 2022
3-gatsu no Lion & Anohana – I dropped them because of that too T.T
Jun 6, 2023 6:54 PM
Oct 2020
MidoriStars said:
For me, that was Ansatsu Kyoshitsu... Particulary the 2nd Season

I know that I'm sensible, but I'm sure the majority of people cried at this moment.

Same, I rarely cry at shows but I was bawling my eyes out the whole last 2 episodes
Jun 8, 2023 4:23 AM
Oct 2014
Clannad After Story was the first show to make me break down in tears. 
Jun 8, 2023 4:40 AM

Mar 2022
I cried watching anohana's ending when I was still new to anime...I don't nowadays because it seems like I mentally prepare myself when watching shows like that
Jun 11, 2023 1:57 AM
Apr 2023
jieanteater said:
comicboy6758 said:

Im curious why? I understand a lot of people think it's horrible but I personally found it pretty entertaining.

I didn't enjoy a single thing about it except the animation
Jun 11, 2023 2:31 AM
Nov 2019
Kono Oto Tomare!  
More specifically: Part 2 Episode 13, the scene when Kazusa starts crying and apologizing to Hozumi. 

Not entirely sure why, especially since that was the first and also only time I've ever cried so far (I have gotten teary-eyed before but never actually cried) but damn that scene really hit me hard out of nowhere.
Jun 11, 2023 3:13 AM

Mar 2021
that anime is yet to exist for me.    
Jun 11, 2023 6:08 AM

Oct 2019
I hated Orange, but episode 12 really broke me down at that time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2023 6:22 AM
IHaveTrashTaste

Aug 2013
MovieKoe no Katachi,Violete Evergarden,Clannad+Clannad After Story and Naruto Shippuuden,Violet Evergarden Movie.
As for which moments exactly:
YuskeUrameshiJun 11, 2023 6:28 AM
Jun 11, 2023 8:38 AM
Apr 2023
Dickcyber said:
If childhood count then It's doraemon if not then it was death note after legend death  

DORAEMON! DORAEMON! DORAEMON!
was it the steel troops movie?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 10 hours ago

12 by DigiCat »»
10 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

10 by Spunkert »»
12 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

130 by jhzs0029 »»
26 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

77 by _--UwU--_ »»
29 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - Jun 12

13 by LoveYourSmile »»
57 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.