Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 1 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2023 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Being overweight then magically and effortlessly having a 'perfect' bod that makes all the girls wet definitely isn't self inserted wish fulfillment or anything. At the very least the character designs are good and the show doesn't look visually bad so far compared to something like Shinka no Mi. Knowing how this show is from having read it in the past, hoping at least it stays visually pleasing cause I can't say much for its actual story.
Apr 3, 2023 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
I love a good Isekai. Seeing posts above mention its from the fruit of evolution author I am expecting good things indeed!  
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 3, 2023 2:58 PM
May 2021
oh i actually really liked this episode. it's a typical isekai trope of the bullied kid being op and popular in the other world, but i like that he can travel freely between the worlds as well.

it was very satisfying to see all the bullies and especially his siblings shocked at him being hot now. also thought it was funny that during all that time he didn't get a new mirror or even see his reflection at all, so he found out with everyone else how his looks had changed, haha.

i also like the art style. it's visually pleasing to my eyes.

looking forward to the rest of the show. if it can keep going lile this, it might end up being one of my favorite isekais
My 2023 candies:
Apr 3, 2023 3:09 PM
Mar 2021
Very good start, interesting artstyle
Apr 3, 2023 3:55 PM
Apr 2022
Wonderful first episode, kinda gave me high expectations for the next ones
Apr 3, 2023 4:14 PM
Jan 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
So, another fa... sorry, bodypositive character getting bullied and later transfered to another world?
Is this Shinka no Mi remake?

Shinka no mi without the monkey and with more budget 
Apr 3, 2023 4:26 PM
Feb 2023
Why is this not appearing on crunchy for me?
Apr 3, 2023 4:31 PM
Feb 2022
It hit hard and different in the beginning yk that harsh reality check about being powerless.

Then it started getting better thx to his grandfather I'm sure so I'm hyped for the next yo.
Apr 3, 2023 4:48 PM
Feb 2021
A decent first episode, kinda depressing seeing how much bullyng can affect someone. The artstyle is unique and the animation was above your average seasonal isekai.
Apr 3, 2023 5:13 PM

Nov 2018
Much better this anime rather than the fruit of evolution and saving 80k gold...

I'll keeping watching it
Apr 3, 2023 5:35 PM
Jun 2021
Anyone else getting some MAJOR Mushoku Tensei vibes from this anime?
Apr 3, 2023 5:56 PM
Apr 2023
Great visuals I get the same feeling as I got from Jobless reincarnation
Apr 3, 2023 6:00 PM
Jun 2022
The animation is quite good imo, it met my excpectations at least for now, hope the fights, skills and magic will be fluid and well done too, it's a real good show overall and I'm so happy for it finally being animated.
Apr 3, 2023 6:26 PM
Mar 2023
I definitely enjoyed it. will be looking forward to another. his grandfather obviously had some secrets. works out for him.
Apr 3, 2023 6:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OK, i guess i care far more about what the MC looks like than i ever realized, cause god damn, i was like, "how long before my man gon turn into a gigachad?"

the art/animation looks great, and the girls are gorgeous, but i hear this is pretty damn generic, lets hope not
Apr 3, 2023 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
Personally, I like the animation style.  

Yuya certainly had it rough. I'm glad Grandpa got a good dig into the parents by leaving everything to Yuya and ensuring they couldn't take it.  His parents were disgusting.

I wish the subs had included translations of the written words.

I knew we'd see the girl he saved again, but I am wondering if she knew who he was when he saved her and is at the school.
dragynfaerieApr 3, 2023 6:57 PM
Apr 3, 2023 6:51 PM
Jan 2021
my first impression is that the character design looks very cool. the artstyle looks like a mix of akudama drive and highschool dxd. the animation looks a bit wonky but its not bad at all. when i see the camera panning, i thought this look similar, turns out that this anime is produced by the same studio as Kumo-chan anime lol. this make me worried that the quality might fall as the episode progress like Kumo-chan anime.

the plot is a bit way too convenient. getting skilled by just swinging around weapons like that is a bit unconvincing. but hey, this is isekai fantasy, what do i expect? i might watch this for several episode since i like ugly turn handsome kind of trope.

overall, i am quite interested in this anime.
Apr 3, 2023 7:28 PM
Oct 2020
no matter how much western ppl hate isekai but you can't deny that isekai genre is most popular genre in Japan rn.
Apr 3, 2023 7:29 PM
Nov 2021
unique plot. but please make him more brave in next episode .
Apr 3, 2023 7:41 PM
Grammar Exempt

Jun 2016
jack780 said:
no matter how much western ppl hate isekai but you can't deny that isekai genre is most popular genre in Japan rn.
It's the most popular genre in the west right now, too. You base too much of your assumptions on the vocal minority.

The thing most commonly said about the vast majority of isekai is that it's trash but they can't help watching it anyway. In other words, many isekai are objectively poorly-written, but people still have fun watching them regardless. "Popularity" comes from the number of people watching them, not how much people openly respect them.
Apr 3, 2023 7:41 PM

Feb 2018
An isekai where you can transfer back and forth, how interesting right? I've read the manga and so far the anime looks really good lol. As usual, the MC will become super op (not surprising) but I'm into this type of development anyways xD

Yuya is lucky that the property has that barrier lol, he would've just died without it in the first monster encounter. Issa shame that I can't read Japanese on the status boards.

Yuuya's transformation into an ikeman sure looks painful.

The art looks good imo and I like this kind of genre lol, so I'll tune in for the rest of this anime.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 3, 2023 7:56 PM
Apr 2021
A new anime and the first episode was so depressing. It’s really sad to see how Yuuya was treated in his class and how much the bullying affected him. His own parents even treated him like trash and not to mention his twin brother and sister. This feels very generic but it’s not bad. The animation seems a bit meh but I don’t have a problem with it. Looking forward to the next episode
Apr 3, 2023 8:46 PM

Oct 2021
The usual wish fulfillment, maybe I'll watch it when I feel depressed.
Apr 3, 2023 9:25 PM
May 2020
APoc33 said:

Its the same for me.
Apr 3, 2023 10:44 PM
Jan 2020
I smell a production disaster in a few episodes away with these omega detailed character designs
Apr 3, 2023 11:02 PM

Jan 2021
I'm a piece of garbage, so I'm gonna enjoy this one as well.

Apr 3, 2023 11:05 PM
Nov 2022
It feels a bit generic, although there are really many like that and in the end I ended up liking it, the animation is bearable, I think I'll wait until the 2 or 3 episode to have a more specific opinion.
Apr 3, 2023 11:26 PM

Dec 2015
definitely looks a LOT better than Kumo-chan did. :O i liked the first episode. :D

Crunchy just put ep1 up for the folks wondering... it was around 13 minutes late for their projected 1am upload. i can't watch the ep since i don't have Premium on Crunchy. as to the status boards, the one i streamed on one of 'those sites' didn't have the subs either for em, but it was via Muse Asia which doesn't service the West. 

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiApr 14, 2023 12:06 PM
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Apr 4, 2023 12:22 AM

Jul 2015
So, guy is fat and ugly one moment and then turns into a Kirito just like that.
I don't think it's as bad as Spirit Chronicles, but people are really praising that?

Apr 4, 2023 12:34 AM
Feb 2023
KatrinaLG said:
APoc33 said:

Its the same for me.

So weird and kind of frustrating.
Apr 4, 2023 1:44 AM

Feb 2022
I have no faith in Miku after experiencing his other work but this wasn't a terrible start. I wonder what the obsession is with making his MC fat losers is. This might be fun garbage but it's never a great start when the MC has everything handed to him that easily in the new world.
Apr 4, 2023 2:11 AM
Jul 2015
This one looks promising, just because it is still up in the air where they are going from here, that being said, the start was kind of bullshit even for Isekai standards, and I don't much mean about the fact the guy is level 150 from day one or that he got a perfect body, but all the crazy magical shit he inherited, of course MC's life was shit up until the point he crosses the door, so sure, I'll grant the author he does deserve a break, but once again, it is a bit of bullshit how pretty much everything is resolved in less than 5 minutes, the insanely broken weapons are my main concern, because even a level 1 guy would kill anything with all the BS weapons he got.

But again, it is up in the air where they are taking it from here, but the last half was a little bit downhill for me. It was entertaining, but also a little bit cringy.
Apr 4, 2023 2:33 AM

Oct 2016
This is made by the same author of Fruit of Evoluton?! It's animated by Studio Millepensee?! It's actually pretty fucking good?! The author has something against fat people though lmao. It's only the first episode, so it might go downhill, but I hope that's not the case. 
Apr 4, 2023 2:52 AM
Mar 2021
I have read the manga and the anime delivers, the animation is a bit weird but it will just take some getting used to. really great tho
Apr 4, 2023 3:24 AM
Mar 2023
op 1st ep. excited for next episodes.

Apr 4, 2023 3:46 AM
Jan 2021
Enjoyed the first episode but none of the pop ups while he was in the other world were translated for me does anyone know where you can watch this and it be translated, thanks
Apr 4, 2023 4:16 AM
Mar 2023
i really like it in first ep, but i was waitin more u.u
indeed, i gonna keep seein :)
Apr 4, 2023 4:33 AM
Feb 2015
It was a good start, i agree the art looks a bit hentai-ish, you know what i mean😅 but looks clean and colourful and vibrant and transition is good. Female heroines look absolutely stunning
Apr 4, 2023 4:47 AM
Apr 2020
Why does such an ultra generic isekai have this good quality animation?
Apr 4, 2023 5:28 AM
May 2020
APoc33 said:
KatrinaLG said:

Its the same for me.

Its on now for me. check yours.
Apr 4, 2023 6:15 AM
Jan 2022
well i really like isekai genre and when eminence in shadow 1st episode started i was hoping that he could show off his power in real world but come out too much good
and this anime is same concept as i thought and interesting and what's with quality 🥵 .Well i hope it keeps getting interesting

for those who are rating this from their 1st episode lame .⟨don't judge book's story by it's first page⟩
Apr 4, 2023 6:27 AM
Oct 2020
Man, what a ridiculous wish fulfillment trashfire. Let me guess - topping the charts in Japan?
Apr 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Aug 2019
Already kind of don't like this to be completely honest lol but hey it's better than that other isekai from the other day. The concept is somewhat different I guess, with our MC being able to move back and forth from another world. But I really don't like how he really just like got his body all messed up and changed overnight because he went from level 1 to 100 in like two seconds. I was fully expecting him to go through maybe like at least SOME training to get in shape, but nope. We just get a quick transformation, and he's suddenly in perfect shape, and he somehow doesn't realize? lol

It feels generic, but people who have read the LN seem to be optimistic. And to be completely honest, I've seen isekai with worse starts than this. This feels like nothing compared to those, so I'll stick around for the next two or three episodes and decide from there if I'll stick to this one. I also kinda liked the OP. Just a little sidenote but yeah
Apr 4, 2023 7:14 AM
Feb 2023
KatrinaLG said:
APoc33 said:

Its on now for me. check yours.

Got it now 👍🏽
Apr 4, 2023 7:16 AM

Aug 2019
KANLen09 said:
3DCG studio Millepensee's production seems kinda wonky though, gotta get used to the new art style.

But for all intents and purposes, this is already WAY better than Shinka no Mi...by a mile.
I knew it was 3DCGish. It looked off to me, but I personally don't mind it too much

And yeah this does look way better than whatever that mess was. I haven't watched it, but from the little bits and pieces I've seen, yeah I definitely think I enjoy this more
Apr 4, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 2013
Interesting story like Rougo huh but more like GATE.

The character designs are obviously made BEAUTIFUL. Even his fatso self was NOT that ugly. It looks similar enough from the source (even the mob characters get to have them...?) but I'm getting OreGaiRu chara design vibes just by watching this.

Oh, I mustn't forget the "video game" like system.

I hope this will be a fun ride.

P.S. If there's no translation from the texts from the video game-like panels/menu, one would wonder what are the meanings behind each of them. 🫠🫠🫠
CrazyButNot4UApr 4, 2023 7:50 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 4, 2023 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
It was okay. nothing new

Apr 4, 2023 8:00 AM
Mar 2023
It was ok basic start to the isekai genre. I like the fact that the other house he has is a safe space, and that he earns money.
Apr 4, 2023 8:01 AM
Apr 2017
The same author as Shinka no Mi... IDK what narrative the author is trying to push through these 2 series. A fat ugly guy suddenly gets a cheat skill, becomes super handsome then gets girls and harem stuff? This plot is so conveniently lazy to the point it surprised me how people like it in the first place. Especially in this anime's first ep, the guy has 2 siblings raised by the same parents and he's the only one being fat since a child, he got bullied by it but somehow his physique doesn't change for 18 years of his life. Like how? He doesn't have big bones or anything, don't know if he works out or not but he also works part-time, and the most important point: he touches grass. Like the author is trying to make the protagonist stupidly unrealistic just to make god-knows-who pity him, but not me.

My point? If the author wants to write an isekai, please just make a normal likable protagonist with the same background, no need to repeat this same starting trope. A good protagonist at least be able to face and overcome his disadvantage and do it through hard work. Not just give him a stupid cheat to bypass the whole plot and expect people to like it.
Apr 4, 2023 8:18 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it❤️❤️❤️
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.