Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 7, 2023 4:44 AM

Sep 2010
For all the sugary and sweet vibes Ann's appearance gives, there's dark themes surrounding this series, especially with the contrast of Shall's personality to Ann's. From the opening, I wonder how the small male fairy will come back into the picture.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 7, 2023 6:51 AM
Oct 2021
ep1 was good enough i enjoyed it
Jan 7, 2023 8:20 AM

Jun 2016
im gonna say " this will be good and interesting !!
Jan 7, 2023 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
I'm unsure about this. The animation and art are incredible but I'm finding the whole slave romance aspect hard to swallow. Anne going on about equality between fairies and humans but still continuing to behave like every other human (like, by buying a fairy for starters) is making it hard for me to like her. The male MC is enjoyable enough though. I hope we see more of Jonas, I instantly liked him, luckily going by the OP he will show up again.

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Jan 7, 2023 11:10 AM

Dec 2016
I would very much like to see the alt version of this story where Shall gets his wing back and goes on a vengeance killing spree. 

—______—
Jan 7, 2023 12:34 PM

Aug 2019
Off to an okay start imo, but wow I really don't like Shall so far. Not sure if anyone else feels that way or if it's just me though
Jan 7, 2023 4:17 PM
Mar 2012
Annona squamosa? I miss that fruit, & I like how mc name's in the fruit too.
Jonas kinda weird.
Got a poor carriage but overpays with gold? indeed naive. And with resentful Shall, a classic shoujo pairing that's really fun with Ann's derp reactions. that bedroll rofl.
Character art real pretty especially Shall's wings, maybe jcstaff's turning around.
cute dancing OP.
Jan 7, 2023 5:32 PM

Jan 2016
Woah, I really loving the first ep! the ost, the art all are so pretty! The vibe also reminds me a lot of 2000's shoujo. Also loving the fanstasy setting too, can't wait for the food part in the next ep XD
Strawberry_waltzJan 7, 2023 5:35 PM
Jan 7, 2023 8:22 PM
Jan 2022
Already ep.1 and completely obsessed with it!! I'm sure it'll only get better(: Also simping over
Shall...
Jan 7, 2023 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
Totally not what I was expecting. Happy I watched!
Jan 7, 2023 11:09 PM
Aug 2022
So like, is this man just a bottom? The way that he goes "please give me orders mistress uwu" at the end really contrasts with the sassy and serious personality he had throughout the episode. Not that there's anything wrong with that... Anyways, definitely seems like an interesting premise, and the visuals are pretty cool, so this one's definitely one I'll be paying a lot of attention to. 

Jan 7, 2023 11:10 PM

Jul 2021
man this was just lovely. love story of a human girl and male fairy? i'm sold.

anne is really cute i like her reactions.

the intro was great.

shall is too OP.

5/5 episode. looking forward to this one.

@serafos are you watching this? i think you might like this.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 7, 2023 11:15 PM

Feb 2020
@TsutanaiFuun Not a big fan of romance anime (unless it's yuri), but thanks anyway. :)
Jan 7, 2023 11:17 PM

Jul 2021
@ serafos i see.

this was a cute anime so i just thought you might like it

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 8, 2023 12:43 AM

Apr 2019
Slavery, in Redo of Healer and Shield Hero, it's the Beastman and Demihumans that gets this treatment but in this universe it's Fairies that are enslaved by humans. Many years ago humans rose to power and somehow enslaved the fairies just like many isekais where how they came to enslave other races

Anyways this anime looks promising, very nicely animated and surprisingly by J.C. Staff too, is this going to be romance? it seems like it would be one 
Jan 8, 2023 2:42 AM

Jun 2022
Out of all the new anime released for the winter season, this one is my favourite. And, yes!, Masaaki Mizunaka-san (who voiced Emperor Koushun Ka last season in "Koukyuu no Karasu") returns to voice Shall Fen Shall in this. The animation is lovely and I am addicted to the ED "Kanaeru." Shoujo and Slice of Life, I am getting a "Akagami no Shirayuki-hime" vibe from this series which is delightful. Anne Halford is annoying, brainless and cloyingly sweet, but at least she's not so bad to make me drop a series, such as Elianna from "Bibliophile Princess."

4/5
MistacoraJan 8, 2023 2:46 AM

Jan 8, 2023 4:49 AM

May 2015
A great start. I love the setting and damn he is pretty. 

I can already tell I'm gonna love this series and the romance is gonna be sweet. It does have its serious moments but they don't feel forced or depressing so its not that bad. 

Also its funny cause when I read the description I thought it was saying she wanted to be something akin to a magical girl XD. I like her being a sugar master better. 
DarknessRealityJan 8, 2023 4:54 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2023 5:53 AM

Jun 2022
CrowTheCryptid said:
So like, is this man just a bottom? The way that he goes "please give me orders mistress uwu" at the end really contrasts with the sassy and serious personality he had throughout the episode. Not that there's anything wrong with that... Anyways, definitely seems like an interesting premise, and the visuals are pretty cool, so this one's definitely one I'll be paying a lot of attention to. 

I got the feeling that he wanted to confirm in his own mind that Anne is really no different than all the other enslavers he's ever encountered, that with enough pressure she would easily snap out of her "Fairies are equals, and friends" mindset. Less about sexual kink, and more about proving a point.

Jan 8, 2023 7:06 AM

Sep 2020
Very great first episode, the art is very pretty, and the romance between them looks very nice.
Jan 8, 2023 7:06 AM

Nov 2013
For now I don't know how to feel about the heroine of the show. Her moral high ground makes her too annoying. The whole fairy-enslavement thing makes no sense as of yet. Still, an intriguing show that hopefully gets better later. 
Jan 8, 2023 8:39 AM
May 2020
I loved this first episode. Humans have fairies as slaves. The story sounds interesting, I need to see more, the episode was short. I'm liking the characters.

And above all what I like the most is Shall, is very hoooot
Jan 8, 2023 8:44 AM

Oct 2016
This definitely had the strongest impression so far out of the new series that I've started this season. Unique setting, unique premise and likeable characters, really looking forward to see how this develops.
Jan 8, 2023 8:58 AM
Feb 2021
one of the good eps ever made
Jan 8, 2023 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
Now thats a 1st eps opening. Chomping at the bit for next eps!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 8, 2023 12:36 PM
Aug 2015
Well about the 1st episode I would say they did amazing job with the animation of this manga. I personally loved it when I had the happiness to read it. I wont spoil the fun for everyone and tell you what is happening though the story. Its going to be lovely short heart warming story with a twist. Good thing is that the whole story and manga is very short as it raise my expectations to be animated as close to the original as possible. The anticipation to see this beautiful manga in color is .....Ahhh i hope more people like me would appreciate it.
Jan 8, 2023 12:45 PM
Jul 2015
Like the art and character design. Story doesn't appear to be anything special but interesting enough for me to continue watching it.

Don't really understand the idea behind the fairy just not taking the pouch by force or whatever since there doesn't appear to have any magic involved or a curse of sort. Unless they explain it further down the line it is just plain lazy writing.
Jan 8, 2023 6:08 PM

Jun 2022
Memores said:
It is impossible for a complete light novel adaptation which is 17 volumes to fit in 12 episodes. Again they cut many material. Very sad.

I think what they are really trying to adapt into an anime is the two-volume manga that tied up neatly into a little story. If that's the case, then it would be easy to fit that all into a 12-episode anime. 

Jan 8, 2023 7:23 PM
Oct 2021
story-7, showed almost nothing interesting, the premise was kind of bad at first, but I'll follow a few more episodes

art-8, animation style bothered me, I thought the background of the places was poorly done and the fight scene was pretty bad (I know it's not the intention, but if it's in the episode, it should be evaluated)

sound/music- 8

characters- 7, the guy has been a slave for 70 years, but he looks like a soap opera heartthrob hitting on a girl >_> (it's good that at least they put that 15 years is the age of majority in this world)

enjoyment- 8

overall - 7,6

but since the metric is between 1-5, I'll give it a 3
Jan 8, 2023 8:26 PM

Dec 2022
Loved it. Nothing felt forced. Great pacing. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 8, 2023 8:40 PM

May 2019
In the first 15 minutes, I already know that this Anime gonna be great (hopefully) the setting is fantasy, yet a soft journey, which kinda reminds me with some stories in old books. Anyway so far so good
Jan 9, 2023 12:40 AM

Feb 2021
Mistacora said:
Memores said:
It is impossible for a complete light novel adaptation which is 17 volumes to fit in 12 episodes. Again they cut many material. Very sad.

I think what they are really trying to adapt into an anime is the two-volume manga that tied up neatly into a little story. If that's the case, then it would be easy to fit that all into a 12-episode anime. 

Oh, that is real then. Thanks.
Jan 9, 2023 12:58 AM

Jul 2022
I hope this one is slow paced. It's one of those shows that needs you to be immersed in it's world and characters, for you to understand, and enjoy it the best.
Jan 9, 2023 1:03 AM

Jul 2022
The long black hair, those deep blue eyes, the deeper voice and all those kabedons. Yeah, he was made for the ladies to lose their minds over.
Jan 9, 2023 3:33 PM

Jul 2021
I loved the first episode! I can't wait for the next! I might have to go read the source material

Jan 9, 2023 9:08 PM

Sep 2021
Really really glad I picked this one up! The art style is so soothing and calming, and at the same time I felt instantly transported into the world.
Ann has the potential to be a really compelling protagonist, with all of her flaws laid out at the start, she has so much room to grow, and I'm really hopeful she will. I also appreciate her backstory, even if it's a bit cliché, something about it got to me.

It honestly broke my heart more than I thought it would to see the fairies in this world treated that way. Every time their wings get crushed, I actually get uncomfortable.
I'm glad that the reality of the situation is being acknowledged, and how, even if Ann's heart is in the right place, it doesn't excuse her naïveté- and from simply being a part of the world that she lives in. Her relationship with Shall really reminds me of Lena learning a similar lesson, at the beginning of 86.
I especially loved the scene of Shall and Ann just before he attacked the bandits not just because of kabedon I swear, because it showed a taste of what his life has been up to this point, endlessly following someone else's orders, and believing the next human will treat him no differently.

Okay but also that kabedon~ and that voice~ I really feel like Shall Fen Shall's character was created for me personally. ♡
Excited to have this show (and Shall) to look forward to every week! I'm hoping that we continue to get more worldbuilding and history in future episodes, since I feel like the setting deserves it.
I was expecting more animation during the actual fight, but everything else has been so pretty that I almost don't care. Fingers crossed that it keeps up with this really strong opening!

I'm okay now... At least... I want to be able to say that.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingreadingart credit

Jan 10, 2023 4:35 AM
Oct 2020
better than expected tbh, has a lot of potential
Jan 10, 2023 11:16 AM
Feb 2015
Ohhh this one have classic shoujo vibe in it. I miss this so much
Jan 10, 2023 12:30 PM

May 2015
It's not just a servant fairy, it's a husband material!

Well, this was a nice start, looking forward to more.
Jan 10, 2023 1:53 PM
Feb 2018
It was cute. That I must admit. Found it from Tiktok, stayed for the beautiful man and the cute style ( also I wasn't expecting blood in this cute of a show, did I underestimate something?)
Jan 10, 2023 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
The art style is beautiful
Jan 10, 2023 2:48 PM
Sep 2016
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn he's hot
Jan 10, 2023 8:08 PM
Jul 2016
So very cute! Just what I need for a cute pick me up 🥰

The 12 episode length concerns me but they've already skipped a lot of things that weren't overly important anyway. So I think that's why it'll be shorter, we don't need Anne's thoughts at each layway station like in the manga as they've been summarized well in the anime.

Call me crazy, but I was super fond of them making Shall more...sexy I guess? I don't mean in appearance but in his actions. I know it's a romance but I liked his stand-off-ish personality better. It matches his proposed views for humans and makes the falling in love aspect a touch slower.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this. The animation for Shall's eyes and wings has me squeeling!! Aaah they're so so so pretty!!

Can't wait for episode two!
Jan 11, 2023 7:21 PM
Nov 2022
finally a good shojo anime !!!
Jan 11, 2023 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
hot killer fairy that likes to be ordered around and threatened? hell yeah im watching this
Jan 11, 2023 10:36 PM

Nov 2013
The ML vibes are a little too horny for me or maybe that's a strategy for getting his wing back XD Aside from that, everything is so beautiful and fresh feeling. I almost stopped watching 5 mins in bc it felt like it was a children's magical girl type beat but I was pleasantly surprised by the dark themes, n slavery bringing in the depth. Looking forward for next week's ep!
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Jan 12, 2023 12:24 AM

Mar 2013
This is a wonderful story... and I love it.

The BGMs are always on spot and characterization was really good.

Another hidden gem! 🥰🥰🥰

P.S. This is really a beautiful story.
CrazyButNot4UJan 12, 2023 12:29 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 12, 2023 6:39 PM
Feb 2018
The most generic shoujo shit that you can imagine
Jan 13, 2023 2:42 AM
Jun 2014
Anne should give Challe back his wing right now

Jan 13, 2023 11:55 AM
Feb 2016
Vamos ver o que esta por vir
Jan 15, 2023 3:54 PM

Jun 2014
This is an anime for me: shoujo, fantasy, romance. The art is so pretty and I love the character designs. <3 OST was nice too. I love the fairies theme and also that it's both cute/fluffy and dark/serious (the slavery thing, torturing fairies, and Shall killing those bandits). I like the idea of sugar confections too.

I like Anne and Shall a lot. She is so cute and he's damn hot (both his looks and personality). I have a thing for handsome fantasy beings (vampires, demons, youkai...). XD Especially ikemen with black or silver hair. <3 His eyes and wings look so pretty too. (BTW how can such a long wing fit into such a small pouch which she wears around her neck?)

Anne is so sweet when she rescues a fairy that was being tortured (and everyone else just watched and didn't do anything). But she needs to buy a fairy too to protect her on a dangerous road to a faraway city. She explains this to Shall and promisses to give him his wing back and set him free when they arrive in Lewiston. Shall wanted to be bought by Anne because he thinks she looks like the biggest fool from all the people he has seen in the last few years and it would be easier for him if his master is a fool.

While Anne is sleeping, Shall tries to steal the pouch with his wing, but fails because Anne has a nightmare and wakes up while he is trying to take it. But Anne doesn't punish him, she repeats she will let him go in Lewiston and then she rolls up in her blanket, so he can't easily take it. Shall is wondering why the scent of silver sugar comes from this girl (he noticed it before too while they were riding in the cart) - it reminds him of some girl called Liz.

While traveling, they see another cart being attacked by bandits - the bandits see their cart and attack them too. Anne asks Shall to protect her, but he doesn't want to go unless she gives him an order and threatens his wing. But she can't do that since she is a sweet girl, so he goes to stop them anyway. The fighting scene looks cool. The bandits run away and Anne is staring at Shall, shocked to see the bloody scene where he killed those people and horses.

We see a pretty opening. Yay, they will become a couple. <3 The end.  Can't wait for episode 2. <3
SailorVekiJan 15, 2023 5:28 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

167 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.