Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 30, 2022 3:08 PM

Apr 2020
The way this Thread is worded....Jesus, guys.

Why are we acting like this is this massively delicate matter week in and week out, we NEED to discuss in a lengthy way, consulting the Manga-Readers and stuff?
It's a Show. It's a Shonen. Made for entertainment and cool action scenes, plus the occasional laugh.

So how am I "experiencing" this, as someone who didn't sit down, looking all serious, reading up on demons fighting other demons, letting it sink in and reaaaaally admiring the art of each panel?

Uhm....okay:
Yeah sure....uh....it's cool^^ I sit down every new Episode, in front of my Laptop, I grab something to eat and uh....I go watch this japanese Cartoon, that looks pretty high quality. It's good fun.... enjoying it.

I don't think or care about the Manga, while I do it. Nor do I feel the need to ask someone who HAS read the thing to fill me in on anything. I don't bitch about it constantly, even if an episode was just ok...I just watch the damn Show, for 24 Minutes a week.
Oct 30, 2022 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
Anime only here : I'm genuinely confused about the hype. I don't understand the reviews. The first 3 episodes were a drag to me.
Nothing caught my attention so far... And the art style is soulless :/

"you can't really judge the anime based off of only 3 episodes" :why not? I'm supposed to be entertained while watching, and that's not the case so far, I kept looking at my watch because it felt like hours for each episode...
Radical_OrionOct 30, 2022 3:38 PM
Oct 30, 2022 3:23 PM
Aug 2021
Bhavya7 said:
it just 3 eps yet need to watch atleast a whole season first to say anything about it

That's nonsense, no you don't.
Oct 30, 2022 3:34 PM
Feb 2021
StarZone1 said:
Bhavya7 said:
it just 3 eps yet need to watch atleast a whole season first to say anything about it

Lmao any new seasonal anime usually takes atleast first 10 eps to get better
Oct 30, 2022 3:47 PM

Nov 2020
Bhavya7 said:
StarZone1 said:

10/12 episodes of anime are shit, but its fine mate it gets soooo good at the end LOL
people usually drop anime 1-3 episodes in...
Oct 30, 2022 3:52 PM

Apr 2016
VelxonY said:
Bhavya7 said:

10/12 episodes of anime are shit, but its fine mate it gets soooo good at the end LOL

Exactly.
Same principle for mangas. If it doesn't catch the reader's attention from the first page/chapter, they drop it really fast.
I'm not sure where the "it gets better" logic ever applies for any great show... Feel free to give some examples
Oct 30, 2022 3:59 PM

Aug 2021
it started strong and i expected a lot but after last 2 episodes im afraid it may not live up to the hype. like its fine, i will deffinitely watch to the end but i feel that it may end up similliar to tokyo ghoul situation - manga was great, anime is missing something but more people will read manga probably

pigeons on the roof
watching a wintry landscape
always seem hungry

Oct 30, 2022 4:24 PM
Aug 2021
Bhavya7 said:
StarZone1 said:

If you have to watch +80% of anything before it gets good then it's not good. End of discussion.
Oct 30, 2022 4:30 PM

Oct 2014
Meh, it's right in the middle between bad and good. I just don't like the characters so far.
It's Morbin' Time!
Oct 30, 2022 4:31 PM
Apr 2022
just dropped it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Oct 30, 2022 4:37 PM
Nov 2021
cystormvoid_ said:
I just wanna know your thoughts cuz majority of complaints here are from manga readers. Me, I'm pretty much enjoying it as an anime only. How about you?

I've read Volume 1. Im somewhat of a heretic, seeing as I still prefer anime to manga even when I do read the manga. My only complaint for the anime based off the manga is Makina's voice actor and a certain arc they skipped. It seems like they're trying to fit about 4 volumes in the season, since volume 1 ended on a cliffhanger of Denji grabbing onto the bat demon. However, there are definite pros, and its kind of expected that some content will be skipped in the anime adaption. I pictured Power to be loud and annoying in the manga, she definitely got a great voice actor to play her.

Besides for that, I think the anime is fine. As expected its overpopular, but I'm still enjoying it. I don't really have a lot to state about it though that stood out to me. I dont particularly like all of the CGI but its not terrible enough to complain about it.
Oct 30, 2022 4:39 PM
Aug 2021
The first 3 episodes are ok. I don't love it but I am excited to see where it goes. (Without manga readers telling me that "iT gEtS GoOd AfTeR tHis cHaPteR".)
Oct 30, 2022 4:48 PM
May 2022
Partially read the manga. Really love the adaptation so far and you can already tell they craft a visually great animation. Probably after airing ep 4 onwards is where I need to come up my own verdict.
Oct 30, 2022 5:55 PM
Feb 2019
Maenads said:
I was wanting to post a similar question. Imo the first three episodes are...ok. The hype and the ratings are entirely being driven by the manga fans. If it were a less popular manga, the anime reception for these three episodes would be nowhere near the same.

I disagree, I think it stands out on its own compared to everything that’s airing rn
Oct 30, 2022 6:05 PM
Feb 2021
FireDan said:
official_brown said:

It is fair to judge. I don’t have all of the time in the world to watch something I don’t like, which again, I said I did.

to judge is not fair, yeah ofc u can say that anime or manga or whatever is shit based only by single episode, and then change ur mind after some eps, but sayin that it is mid OVERALL like it is stupid, u cant say that something is masterpiece only by 3 eps only when u watched the whole thing and vice versa.

I don't know why can't you accept others opinions . Like i Know maybe for you csm is peak but it doesn't mean others will also feel the same . For example many people liked Serial Experiment and they call it masterpiece and ahead of it time but when i watched it upto 5 eps bruh i was literally bored but it doesn't mean that anime is shit . Same goes for csm first 3 eps were okis for me because there is nothing unique il, it feels like as a normal shounen for me .
Oct 30, 2022 6:22 PM
Jan 2021
For me, Chainsaw Man is everything I could have asked it could be. I don’t understand these people hating on it when it’s so so good. The animation is godly. The issue I had with the animation was when Makima went to hug Denji when he said “hug me” I thought the flapping of the mouth was just a bit off. But that was my only complaint. I think it’s so so good. I read the manga and I think Mappa is doing a great job! It’s not like Berserk CGI where is was crap. That’s just my opinion not trying to diss the anime or anything, but I just hate the people that are to quick to criticize. Like enjoy the show for what it’s worth. Many people out there blood, sweat and tears into this anime, the least we can is just enjoy it. I’m not saying criticism is wrong, I’m saying that we should just be respectful and criticize it in a respectful manor. People have different opinions, and I understand that, but I just don’t like people that are to quick to judge and trash on the anime. That’s just my humble opinion. Mappa is doing such a great job!
Oct 30, 2022 7:47 PM
Sep 2019
animation wise it's insane
character wise, they're all unique and interesting
the world seems uh unique but it's not really making me curious about anything
the plot so far seems, okay, still waiting for it to get to the real problem.

it's good, but i still don't know what the hype is about.
Oct 30, 2022 9:54 PM
Dec 2021
It's okay so far. I will keep watching.
Oct 30, 2022 10:04 PM

Jun 2021
comparing manga to manga it's already better than jujutsu kaisen and demon slayer I hope anime will surpass both of them
Oct 30, 2022 10:07 PM

Jul 2019
Every episode continues to expand the lore, and every episode continues to set the bar higher. Still many questions about the story, but hopefully they unfolds in the succeeding eps.

The power system is good. MC's power is unique but awesome. Fight sequence animation is kinda weird. But it was actually great.
Oct 30, 2022 10:31 PM
Feb 2021
VelxonY said:
Bhavya7 said:

i have barely even watched any 12 eps animes and i dont like to drop animes too in between so will give it a whole season first but yeah so far jjk is better than csm
Oct 30, 2022 10:34 PM
Feb 2021
Dafrek said:
VelxonY said:

Exactly.
Same principle for mangas. If it doesn't catch the reader's attention from the first page/chapter, they drop it really fast.
I'm not sure where the "it gets better" logic ever applies for any great show... Feel free to give some examples
prime example is steins gate, it takes it time to set up the story but then it blows our minds
Oct 30, 2022 10:54 PM
Aug 2021
i thought this was going to be horrible. the hype seemed unreal. then i seen the trailer. I was shocked. it looked amazing. i still had my doubts. watched first episode. blown away. loved it. bought all the manga as soon as i could. love the manga also. the hype was real. ITS AWESOME. this show deserves the praise and hype it has received. i feel bad for those who can't enjoy it.
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 PM

May 2017
I'm super hyped about it.
Oct 31, 2022 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
Amazing so far. After reading the respective manga chapters to see how they compared, damn... the way this adaptation is bringing everything to life feels like a significant improvement. The anime quality really makes me want to watch this season first, but I'm also dying to know what happens next.
Oct 31, 2022 12:17 AM
Jun 2022
i think i havent seen enough to answer that
Oct 31, 2022 2:07 AM
Sep 2020
ChaosHerc2020 said:
Good but pretty disappointed. I was expecting a more cohesive plot and better character work but it’s really only a generic shonen. I’m still hopeful it can get better.

trust me. all this hype is not for nothing and all manga readers pretty much agree the first quarter of the manga is the worst
Oct 31, 2022 2:16 AM

Dec 2014
overrated is what i felt about this anime
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 31, 2022 2:21 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
It's okay. So far I'm just digesting and seeing where the story will go. I'm mostly neutral, but it's leaning toward positive right now.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 31, 2022 2:56 AM

May 2021
All good so far, I'll keep watching.
Oct 31, 2022 3:22 AM
Jun 2019
really good, it ain't the sscond coming of christ (so far) but it’s definitely ranks quite high
Oct 31, 2022 3:27 AM
Feb 2021
Love it, but i want more than 12 eps 😩
Oct 31, 2022 3:49 AM

Apr 2018
Not good, the visuals seem very bad I liked how they did Jujutsu kaisen, was expecting at least that much.

Oct 31, 2022 3:50 AM
May 2021
it is so faqing good.. but some of the manga readers spoiled me af😑
Oct 31, 2022 4:12 AM

Dec 2021
Pretty good, there’s nice animations 😊😊
Oct 31, 2022 4:38 AM
Jul 2022
Elder_Zeekutar said:
anime: above average
ready to get to the meat of the story now after the episodes I've seen.

constant troll posts flooding my phone (not this thread but you know which ones I'm talking about)
are really the only thing i can complain about regarding this anime

you're complaining about MAL people then, not the anime
Oct 31, 2022 4:47 AM
Feb 2021
animation is great
characters are good

anime so far is good
Oct 31, 2022 5:21 AM
Apr 2022
Maenads said:
I was wanting to post a similar question. Imo the first three episodes are...ok. The hype and the ratings are entirely being driven by the manga fans. If it were a less popular manga, the anime reception for these three episodes would be nowhere near the same.

ngl, people need to stop judging anime from it's papularity and fairly rate it without being biased jeulous that it's surpass your fav abime
BelarabiOct 31, 2022 6:00 AM
Oct 31, 2022 5:28 AM
Sep 2022
kinda disappointed in the first 3 ep. But will still watch and wait for it to get better
Oct 31, 2022 5:40 AM

Oct 2019
My favorite start to any battle shounen.

only thing comparable is AOT, but what puts this above it for me, is the fact that I don't hate the main character.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 31, 2022 5:40 AM
Feb 2021
StarZone1 said:
Bhavya7 said:

If you have to watch +80% of anything before it gets good then it's not good. End of discussion.
this clearly shows you havent watched any long running shows
Oct 31, 2022 6:11 AM

Jul 2020
I had read the manga and the anime is pretty great.
Oct 31, 2022 6:17 AM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Anime is good and definitely one of the best this season. If you want to enjoy it though, stay away from the fandom as these guys have 0 braincells and can't take critiques...

would be a lot better without the terrible CG

Also if you think the CG is acceptable you are wrong :), its fine if its in the background and if it isn't noticeable, but having the main character and/or enemies be CG is absolutely unacceptable... If you keep saying that its good you are going to keep getting these mid and clunky mechanics

the ep 1 one?

it's far from being the worst, but it's also far from being the best

the ep 3 one?

it's fucking great. I bet 99% of the people won't even notice it's partly 3d.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 31, 2022 6:30 AM

Apr 2017
I’m an anime only and my only complaint is how inconsistent the animation is. It’s just typical MAPPA like with Attack on Titan where you’re gonna have people who will either fully ignore the decline, only appreciate the story and close their eyes, or think it’s not that big a deal or whatever else. When I heard all the hype for this series, I was honestly expecting Jujutsu Kaisen level animation or something and I’ve never been sold by this type of CG in anime but other than that it’s pretty enjoyable and I can see why it had such a following, but I also guarantee it’s one of those big hype shows that will just have its small pocket toxic fan base because they have nothing else going on in their lives other than to jack off to anything Chainsaw Man which is fair enough to enjoy it, but then they’re hardly gonna be not biased are they and just going to be genuinely annoying people to try discuss things with about it.
Oct 31, 2022 6:31 AM
Jul 2022
not the best just watching it because i waited 2 years for this so why not
Oct 31, 2022 6:42 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not dropping yet....but it honestly feel like it was made for 13 years old.

Like, you need to never have touched boobs to really get into a anime where the main character lines are 95% about boobs. I'm laughing (the dirty magazines scene), but I'm not connecting. And the show is taking itself too seriously to feel like it's a parody like OPM.

Also, the story is a mix of a lot of manga/anime we already watched. Even recent projects, such as Kimetsu No Yaiba. Main character don't want to kill demons even tho it's his job. It REALLY lacks originality.

Watching a masterpiece like Mob Psycho, then watching this edgelord fan-service mishmash isn't helping either.

There is good things, such as animation, music, character design. But it doesn't fill the void of the writing.
Oct 31, 2022 7:03 AM
Jun 2021
As an anime only, I don't know what was the hype actually about??

Denji irritates me sometime by repeating his aim (b##b@$) & probably it is just because we are 3 episodes in & there is still a lot to come out yet

But definitely something new, action scenes are really good, OPs & Every Ed has been great, hope CSM catch some pace & we get to know more about CSM verse

As of now, 7.5/10
I don't understand the hype but maybe it is just because it is the beginning and I will wait for it to get even better
Oct 31, 2022 7:10 AM
Jun 2021
sinkershel said:
I'm not dropping yet....but it honestly feel like it was made for 13 years old.

Like, you need to never have touched boobs to really get into a anime where the main character lines are 95% about boobs. I'm laughing (the dirty magazines scene), but I'm not connecting. And the show is taking itself too seriously to feel like it's a parody like OPM.

Also, the story is a mix of a lot of manga/anime we already watched. Even recent projects, such as Kimetsu No Yaiba. Main character don't want to kill demons even tho it's his job. It REALLY lacks originality.

Watching a masterpiece like Mob Psycho, then watching this edgelord fan-service mishmash isn't helping either.

There is good things, such as animation, music, character design. But it doesn't fill the void of the writing.

Actually, it was explained later that it wasn't about that Denji didn't want to kill a demon, but it was because he didn't want to transform in his chainsaw devil form as he would lose a lot of blood + he wanted to save those magazines from being dirty by blood XD!

So implying Tanjiro's ideology with Denji is not right pal
Oct 31, 2022 7:11 AM
Oct 2022
As someone who only just got into anime, this is right behind jujutsu k for me. I’m a big fan besides the fact that it can become a bit to cringey with the women treatment stuff. But that’s more an anime problem then just a problem with the show.
Oct 31, 2022 7:14 AM

Jun 2021
champton07 said:
As someone who only just got into anime, this is right behind jujutsu k for me. I’m a big fan besides the fact that it can become a bit to cringey with the women treatment stuff. But that’s more an anime problem then just a problem with the show.
looking at your list, only good thing is jjk lmao

also this acc was made 2 days ago and has one post?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

592 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 8, 2022

628 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

784 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

861 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1145 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.