Forum Settings
Forums

Which place gives you the most sense of nostalgia?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 26, 2022 4:42 PM
Dec 2017
daky-kun said:
My old neighborhood. I like visiting it every now and then, especially since one of my two best friends lives there.

Whenever i pass by old neighbourhood it changed alot when last i visited went from drug den to now middle class haven.

May 27, 2022 10:24 AM
Dec 2017
Anybody else has a favorite place of nostalgia?

May 27, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2017
Hayyyy said:
Probably my old school or the playground I used to play with my brother.

Good luck on getting your avatar ready.

May 28, 2022 6:30 PM

Feb 2022
Crow_Black said:
Hayyyy said:
Probably my old school or the playground I used to play with my brother.

Thank you @Crow_Black!
May 28, 2022 6:48 PM
Aug 2019
the lake near my grand parents house
Jun 4, 2022 5:20 PM
Dec 2017
Hayyyy said:
Crow_Black said:

Thank you @Crow_Black!

Well its been like weeks now, and i love the toilet bound inspired set.

Jun 8, 2022 12:27 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
First off, based for calling college a "Hellhole" and for the Nintendo shout-outs

Secondly, my answer is probably the town I was born in. I don't even remember when I lived there (heck, I moved out of that country entirely at 9-months-old and have been living in this country ever since), but my family always used-to go back there for summer vacation every year, so it reminds me of being away from school, being on vacation and, I suppose, of where I was born
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jun 8, 2022 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
There was a house I lived in during the tail end of my childhood and well into my teenage years. Most of my favorite memories are from that period of my life and I still regularly have dreams of it and the surrounding neighborhood. Hell, even the school I went to is nostalgic for me despite hating school while I was attending it. I'm pretty sure one of my final thoughts before I die will be of that place, taking me back to the best time of my life one final time.
Jun 8, 2022 6:24 PM
Dec 2017
Kii_Ibarra said:
First off, based for calling college a "Hellhole" and for the Nintendo shout-outs

Secondly, my answer is probably the town I was born in. I don't even remember when I lived there (heck, I moved out of that country entirely at 9-months-old and have been living in this country ever since), but my family always used-to go back there for summer vacation every year, so it reminds me of being away from school, being on vacation and, I suppose, of where I was born

Indeed i am the ultimate edgelord.

And i still stand by what i say, all gacha players are annoying gambling addicts i've said it and they need fucking therapy instead of spending their parents money on bunch of lootbox cancer trash retarded fuckery. Don't believe the hype and don't play gacha games at all.

And Golden Sun needs lot more love real talk!

And interesting thoughts on nostalgia as well too.

Jun 9, 2022 3:17 AM

Sep 2020
My parents' province, especially the morning smell outside
Jun 9, 2022 3:28 AM

Mar 2008
All the places I dont even know if they still are around.
Jun 9, 2022 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
My house, because it is where I am growing up. Or the schools I went to.
Jun 9, 2022 10:17 AM
Dec 2017
mwinner said:
My house, because it is where I am growing up. Or the schools I went to.

Yep, been in the same house since forever no plans moving out at all whatsoever either.

Jun 9, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2017
My grandma's house. I moved a lot as a kid so I had like 10 different childhood homes which didn't feel that special or hold memories. But my grandma's house hasn't changed at all since I was a kid and it's pretty cozy.

Jun 9, 2022 7:34 PM

Jun 2022
Probably just going back to Wisconsin in general, where I grew up and lived most of my life.

Wherever I end up in life, that will always be home to me.
Jun 9, 2022 7:36 PM

Apr 2014
Disneyland is pretty nostalgic for me
Kind of ass now there, and I'd rather never give Disney money now, but can't deny the feels are still there.
Jun 14, 2022 9:24 AM
Dec 2017
Protaku said:
Kind of ass now there, and I'd rather never give Disney money now, but can't deny the feels are still there.

Yeah lot of disney fans feel this way as well.

Jun 14, 2022 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
Crow_Black said:
Protaku said:

Sad to see what it's become, but it's pretty much that way for most stuff from my childhood
I mean at least Pokemon hasn't changed much or been involved in many controversies lol
Gonna be fun to see how much Disney seethes if Universal Studios Hollywood manages to snag more than just Mario Nintendo IP
Jun 14, 2022 9:37 PM
Dec 2017
Protaku said:
Crow_Black said:

Sad to see what it's become, but it's pretty much that way for most stuff from my childhood
I mean at least Pokemon hasn't changed much or been involved in many controversies lol
Gonna be fun to see how much Disney seethes if Universal Studios Hollywood manages to snag more than just Mario Nintendo IP

Mario movie, is honestly going to fail i think lol.

Jun 14, 2022 10:50 PM

Nov 2020
Asian Night Market Festivals. There’s usually a lot of them near where I live and there usually around this time of year. I used to go to them pretty often when I was a kid with my family but stopped going 5 yrs ago. Now after not going I’ve kinda missed it so when I went to one last year I felt nostalgia af so I plan on visiting abit more often bc there fun and I really do miss them
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jun 15, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 2017
JKKH said:
My grandma's house. I moved a lot as a kid so I had like 10 different childhood homes which didn't feel that special or hold memories. But my grandma's house hasn't changed at all since I was a kid and it's pretty cozy.

By far one of the most wholesome answers on this thread.

Jun 15, 2022 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
It can be anything from a childhood favorite video game, anime, or movie, but when it comes to actual places, I'd say certain wooded areas where I use to imagine myself catching wild Pokemon in as a child!
Jun 16, 2022 2:06 AM
Dec 2017
TrophyhntrYuffie said:
It can be anything from a childhood favorite video game, anime, or movie, but when it comes to actual places, I'd say certain wooded areas where I use to imagine myself catching wild Pokemon in as a child!

Pokemon Soulsilver, is by far one of the best pokemon games, to be made. And i really wanna get a gba so i can play the older games soon!

Jun 16, 2022 3:23 AM

Oct 2020
this school that my siblings own. always go there whenever there are school events going on which reminds me of the stupid shit that me and my close friends do.
Jun 16, 2022 5:32 AM

Sep 2017
My grandparents' home and my city in summers
خ
Jun 16, 2022 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
Crow_Black said:
TrophyhntrYuffie said:

Pokemon Soulsilver, is by far one of the best pokemon games, to be made. And i really wanna get a gba so i can play the older games soon!

Omg yes! I've always loved the Johto region the best, along with the music thats in it, and the fact that you can cross over to the Kanto region and collect all the Kanto Gym badges as well after finishing the Johto league and also being able to fight against both Blue and Red!
Jun 16, 2022 3:27 PM
Dec 2017
TrophyhntrYuffie said:
Crow_Black said:

Omg yes! I've always loved the Johto region the best, along with the music thats in it, and the fact that you can cross over to the Kanto region and collect all the Kanto Gym badges as well after finishing the Johto league and also being able to fight against both Blue and Red!

I also liked the genius sonority games as well too!! and pokemon colliseuem was alot of fun.

Jun 16, 2022 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Probably Holland because I played my first and last chess tournament there lol
Jun 18, 2022 10:00 AM
Dec 2017
anyone else has a favorite place of nostallgia?

Jun 18, 2022 10:28 AM

Dec 2018
Whenever I come across a remote beach a wave of nostalgia washes over me. I have tons of fond memories of just hanging around on the sand with no one around for miles.
Jun 18, 2022 10:29 AM
Dec 2017
Monochrosanity said:
Whenever I come across a remote beach a wave of nostalgia washes over me. I have tons of fond memories of just hanging around on the sand with no one around for miles.

That, honestly sounds like a scene with the islands in Kingdom hearts for real!

Jun 18, 2022 10:37 AM

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
Monochrosanity said:

Yeah, the beaches here are really nice. It’s also not hard to find ones where there aren’t any people, as the entirety of Western Australia’s coastline is pretty much just one long beach.
Jun 18, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 2017
Monochrosanity said:
Crow_Black said:

Yeah, the beaches here are really nice. It’s also not hard to find ones where there aren’t any people, as the entirety of Western Australia’s coastline is pretty much just one long beach.

Now this, beach looks really gorgeous!

Jun 18, 2022 10:38 AM

Apr 2020
My first school. Snuck in there at night. It felt like I was watching a Movie or something. Surreal.
Jun 18, 2022 10:44 AM

Dec 2018
As for other places, probably my aunt’s house and the zoo. I pretty much grew up at those places lol.
Jun 18, 2022 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Its the places where routinely visit to have a massage and hand job, a spa place

Jun 18, 2022 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
My first home and my primary school. So much god damn nostalgia man...
Jun 18, 2022 2:52 PM

Jan 2020
I saw many people replying with places and things which are not, so I'm just gonna write both of them.

First of all, the place which give me the most nostalgia is a high school I visited just once and I still remember it clearly. Sometimes, I even dream it for no apparent reason.
I went to that school while I was still in middle school, because of some math contest I was selected to join from my math teacher (even if I suck at math and I just happened to got the max score on a test writing random bulls*it).
It was a beautiful place, much bigger than my middle school and surrounded by trees and flowers. I remember being able to see the majority of the city from the window, since the school was on a low hill.
It was early summer and it was 3 in the afternoon, so there weren't many students or teachers: the place was almost empty, but it was so relaxing just standing in the halls, looking at so many new things.

Aside for that, I had a really monotone childhood, I lived in the middle of nowhere until I was 16, so there are no other particoular places I remember as clearly as that.

I spent lot of my free times playing Pokémon games, and I remember when I started to get attracted by Japan culture around the first year of middle school, while studying geography in class. One or two years later I started watching some anime on my old PC: Wi-Fi wasn't a big thing in my little city in the countryside so we had limited Internet, and I clearly remember watching my first shows YouTube, probably at 240p.
Jun 18, 2022 3:08 PM
Dec 2017
Pitto_ said:
I saw many people replying with places and things which are not, so I'm just gonna write both of them.

First of all, the place which give me the most nostalgia is a high school I visited just once and I still remember it clearly. Sometimes, I even dream it for no apparent reason.
I went to that school while I was still in middle school, because of some math contest I was selected to join from my math teacher (even if I suck at math and I just happened to got the max score on a test writing random bulls*it).
It was a beautiful place, much bigger than my middle school and surrounded by trees and flowers. I remember being able to see the majority of the city from the window, since the school was on a low hill.
It was early summer and it was 3 in the afternoon, so there weren't many students or teachers: the place was almost empty, but it was so relaxing just standing in the halls, looking at so many new things.

Aside for that, I had a really monotone childhood, I lived in the middle of nowhere until I was 16, so there are no other particoular places I remember as clearly as that.

I spent lot of my free times playing Pokémon games, and I remember when I started to get attracted by Japan culture around the first year of middle school, while studying geography in class. One or two years later I started watching some anime on my old PC: Wi-Fi wasn't a big thing in my little city in the countryside so we had limited Internet, and I clearly remember watching my first shows YouTube, probably at 240p.

pokemon soulsilver is one of the best games imo and 2000s linkin park amv was the days.

Jun 18, 2022 3:10 PM

Jan 2020
Crow_Black said:

pokemon soulsilver is one of the best games imo and 2000s linkin park amv was the days.
Man I remember being obsessed with AMVs.
Also yeah, SoulSilver was a great game, I still have my original copy with the PokéWalker and all. My starter was actually a shiny Chikorita, and I still have the original file, sometimes I like to check how he's doing.
Jun 19, 2022 8:14 AM
Dec 2017
Monochrosanity said:
As for other places, probably my aunt’s house and the zoo. I pretty much grew up at those places lol.

ah another wholesome answer good good i like seeing them on this thread.

Jun 19, 2022 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
I haven’t been in forever but I always think back to these places in my mind and feel nostalgia. There are two spots I went to for summer vacations growing up and they always pop into my mind and bring me peace and a sense of nostalgia.
Jun 19, 2022 8:21 AM
Dec 2017
Pitto_ said:
Crow_Black said:

Man I remember being obsessed with AMVs.
Also yeah, SoulSilver was a great game, I still have my original copy with the PokéWalker and all. My starter was actually a shiny Chikorita, and I still have the original file, sometimes I like to check how he's doing.

i also started off with chikorita as well too and nice.

Jun 19, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2019
The internet actually. More so memories on there.
Jun 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
The woods. Hell, just the color green. I grew up in a very rural area, so I was always surrounded by woods (albeit not very dense woods) and vast lawns. I associate the color green with childhood due to this.

Living in stuffy apartments just isn't the same.
Jun 19, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2017
anyone else has a favorite place of nostalgia?

Jul 22, 2022 7:44 AM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts on this?

Jul 22, 2022 8:01 AM

Jul 2020
Probably the schoolyard, I often pass by it and reminisce about my high school days. I really loved the high school years, all the carelessness and the feeling like you can achieve anything you want in the world.
Retro games do bring back some memories but I wouldn't call it nostalgia cuz I can easily play them any time I want. Nostalgia for me is more about the things that are long gone and never to return again.
Jul 23, 2022 8:13 AM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts on this?

Jul 23, 2022 9:55 AM

Aug 2020
Under a tree in an open field with fresh air. Gives me some kind of nostalgia which i am unfamiliar with.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» it's the weekend and my brains are really fried right now

tsukareru - 2 hours ago

20 by LoveYourSmile »»
26 seconds ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

6 by Rhae »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you love anyone in your life?

LenRea - Mar 31

44 by ST63LTH »»
48 minutes ago

» Do You Trust Anyone?

LenRea - Yesterday

23 by ST63LTH »»
50 minutes ago

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

35 by ST63LTH »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.