Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 22, 2022 5:30 AM

Mar 2019
So regardless of what he did we will always get a panty shot of mio. Okay, got it.

Jokes aside, finally some progress. I've gotten sick of seeing him standing on the harbor for more than five times already. We've seen the scene ever since the trailer released so i think it'd have been better without it.
Apr 22, 2022 6:03 AM

Sep 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

What did they censor mate?

the sex and etc basically disney dont like 18+ material
There was a sex scene in the manga ?
Apr 22, 2022 6:07 AM

May 2020
ZXEAN said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

im just kidding, they censored when a character stabbing someone and thats it. tbf, its not that type of censored where u cant see anything.
Apr 22, 2022 6:20 AM

Mar 2020
The concept of this anime is familiar but so new at the same time, love the dark theme like Higurashi brought in this series.
nice
Apr 22, 2022 6:25 AM

Nov 2013
Striped pantie was relevant lol. anyways, I'm impressed MC is doing some brain-work, instead of playing dumb like Subaru did, lol. Time reset also seems to be shortening perhaps? The second time MC dies, he's already on pier. The shadow seems to know something about MC. I wonder if she knows MC can do time jumps? MC was also unaware he has two different shaped eyes; judging how flashy it looks, I wonder if he can also "copy" people. I think it's obvious now that the little girl is copied and she did the flash during the funeral, to copy the dead girl maybe? Seeing a ghost/shadow of MC above own corpse gave me venom vibes. The shadow didn't seem like she wanted to copy MC too. Does this mean MC is already copied? Maybe it's "parasite" and "venom" kind of symbiosis? Intriguing...
The sketchy boob-lady seems perfectly aware of these "alien" beings. Her observation confirms the mute little girl is copied, I'd say.
Apr 22, 2022 6:43 AM
Mar 2021
KatoWorks said:
Man this protagonist is 100x smarter and cooler than Subaru's dumbass lmao. Shinpei da goat

through as a character Subaru is way better written than him
Apr 22, 2022 6:55 AM
Feb 2022
Jakkun said:
So regardless of what he did we will always get a panty shot of mio. Okay, got it.

Jokes aside, finally some progress. I've gotten sick of seeing him standing on the harbor for more than five times already. We've seen the scene ever since the trailer released so i think it'd have been better without it.

His checkpoint advanced everytime he dies so it's not a big deal then.
Apr 22, 2022 7:00 AM
Nov 2020
UnleashedFurai said:
Now, I haven't read the manga, but I'm really enjoying this show so far. The basic time loop mechanic is similar to another favorite of mine, Re:Zero, yet the protagonists seem completely different from each other, as Shinpei seems far more competent than Subaru right from the start. I'm also getting a suspicion that his different colored eye might be important to the story. The pacing has felt good to me so far, but, again, I'm not a manga reader, so I don't know how much, if anything, has been cut. Looking forward to the next episode!

ig his colored eye might indicate how long he can continue to time leap like an indicator. During his second time leap he didn't end up on that woman's boobs instead he was already in the island. I think that after each time leap he ends up very close to the previous day's events.
Apr 22, 2022 7:00 AM
Apr 2022
Damuzen said:
An eccentric inspector arriving in a small and isolated village, recording their very own thoughts about everything, especially food ?

Am I in Twin Peaks again ?
I think it's affected. There's a doppelganger in TwinPeaks, too
Apr 22, 2022 7:24 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, the Higurashi vibes was in full force this episode, it's giving me the same chills and anxiety Higurashi once did, I love it.

I thought we finally escaped the clutches of Mio's panties, but it still showed up when she saved a drowning Shinpei lmao.

Lmao shadow Mio's casual diss to the US.

Shinpei is a man of action, I like it. Pretty interesting though, I thought he really just had heterochromia, but that eye definitely got something to do with his time looping. I am guessing his consciousness travels back into the past and then the things that happened are like saved in the eye or something, something like that lmao.
Apr 22, 2022 7:36 AM

Nov 2016
See fanservice despiser, the panty shot was an integral part of time loop exposition 🥸

And yeah, it was pretty obvious that the cop we saw last episode got already replaced. It was an entertaining follow up episode. Not so much happened in terms of plot progression, but the premise was re-established, Shinpei took action, some info was dropped and suspense was built up further. Fortunately there are 23 more episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2022 8:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, some progression already made slowly by Shinpei on his third trial. He even finally found out there's something wrong on his right eye. Nice Shinpei, its not too late!

Some info and revelations already being spreaded around, and some people kinda be suspicious for now on. Such as how Ushio get strangled when there's no sign of strange thing happened on the first sequence of the second flashback coming from Shinpei there? I suspect that Sou also a shadow...

I feel like Shinpei get to loop because of his Shadow get sent to the past, instead of himself. So, its literally a very sad knowledge. And, yeah, funny how they use an ecchi moment as a way to make a sure of a certain thing for Shinpei, such as Mio undies pattern, and bathroom scene. Based mode xd...

I also feel like Shinpei needs to cooperate with the glasses woman. But so far he's still not thinking about the possibility. So far, that's it for now. The mystery still hanging around, and i need to be patience enough to digest all the information.

Hope its still interesting at the end of the day. Lets see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 22, 2022 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
This was a lot more interesting episode then the 1st one and the first episode was already pretty great.. The production values take the cake.. especially with the eyes and backgrounds

The artstyle reminds me a LOT of Wonder egg priority tho
Apr 22, 2022 9:58 AM
Oct 2021
ok just asking to like y'all , is the anime worth following cuz my time is kinda restricted nowadays
Apr 22, 2022 10:23 AM
Feb 2022
gurusensei said:
ok just asking to like y'all , is the anime worth following cuz my time is kinda restricted nowadays

Indeed, it's literally the hidden gem of this f*cking season.
kurukuru_0Apr 22, 2022 10:28 AM
Apr 22, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Shinpei saw Mio's shadow kill Totsumura...
He was also killed by Mio's shadow again...
Hizuru hanging down from the tree to increase blood flow to her brain to make her think more was weird xD. Shinpei managed to survive the 22nd and go on to the next day...
He also showed Mio her shadow.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 22, 2022 11:35 AM
Dec 2021
Learned 3 things:
1. The shadows can take forms of those alive and those dead too.
2. The shadows seem to have a mind of their own even though they have memories of the form they take, as in The Policeman’s case
3. ALSO, It seems like The panty shot is a constant in this series time travel theory, constant P.

I’m happy they didn’t waste the whole episode for Shin to figure out he time travels, and he got something done too perfectly, although disappointed he didn’t tell her he time traveled
Apr 22, 2022 11:35 AM
Dec 2021
Learned 3 things:
1. The shadows can take forms of those alive and those dead too.
2. The shadows seem to have a mind of their own even though they have memories of the form they take, as in The Policeman’s case
3. ALSO, It seems like The panty shot is a constant in this series time travel theory, constant P.

I’m happy they didn’t waste the whole episode for Shin to figure out he time travels, and he got something done too perfectly, although disappointed he didn’t tell her he time traveled
Apr 22, 2022 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
And already the web of this mystery starts to thicken. So, if we think back to loop 1, the policeman who appeared when they were working at the restaurant was the Shadow version, while the Mio Shadow was just waiting for an easy opportunity to take her and Shinpei out after the bicycle murder attempt failed (hence killing them immediately in the mountains after they left the restaurant). And, as expected, the Shoko at the funeral was a Shadow already. Furthermore, the flash denotes that a new Shadow was formed (presumably by the Shoko Shadow) at the funeral. It obviously wasn't the Mio Shadow (given that tried to kill her prior to the funeral), so who was it instead?

I obviously have zero clue how any of this is going to come together yet, but I do have one theory: Ushio's death is fundamentally tied to Shinpei having the looping powers. After all, before his return to the island he had two dark blue eyes, but since we saw him on the boat with Hizuru (the original "save point" of the loops) he's had one bright blue eye. Notably, the same shade of blue as Ushio's eyes. And of course there's the visions he has of Ushio telling him to "protect Mio" each time he dies and the loop resets.
Apr 22, 2022 11:43 AM

May 2021
this is so good I wish the episodes were longer

Apr 22, 2022 12:07 PM

Jan 2020
I loved this episode. I'm really interested in why Ushio's shadow said that she didn't need to copy him.
Apr 22, 2022 12:54 PM
Jul 2021
Softhenic03 said:
This feels like Re zero all over again, except the main one here, Shinpei isn’t that fond of dying over and over again. Though again these shadows do seem a lot more capable… a bit too much and I guess Ushio’s death definitely has something to do with them. Great thing Shinpei’s actually working to dig out the whole mystery behind them.
Another intriguing episode.
it actually looks like a mix between rezero and higurashi lol
Apr 22, 2022 1:28 PM

Mar 2018
Shinpei is actually quite smart, looking forward to what plans he is able to devise.
Apr 22, 2022 1:48 PM

Jan 2020
Khushal_v said:
KatoWorks said:
Man this protagonist is 100x smarter and cooler than Subaru's dumbass lmao. Shinpei da goat

through as a character Subaru is way better written than him

Won't deny that since I've read the web novels, but shinpei gives the better impression for me so it's easier to like him more imo
Apr 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
I love how things progressed this much already, I was expecting to see the same day repeat itself a hundred times with the guy being oblivious to everything and not discussing things with others, but we finally have a protagonist who's not an idiot! Every decision he made was what we all would've done in this case, especially clearing space in his phone and recording the shadow.
This show seems more promising now! I hope it keeps up with this level of writing.
Apr 22, 2022 2:53 PM
May 2021
Yeah yeah, Shin is smart, let´s see how far he can do.
It would be scary to see other one that looks the same as you.

Apr 22, 2022 5:28 PM

Apr 2018
Glad they're not replaying every minute of the same shit as Re:Zero. Well, Mio know's what up but will that help him a lot? Hopefully. Things are taking an interesting turn here.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 22, 2022 5:55 PM

Mar 2012
Marinate1016 said:
So everyone was comparing it to re zero but now that I think about it, this is literally Jordan Peele’s US mixed with Higurashi. It’s a goddamn shame it’s in Disney Jail. No idea why they would license something to not show it while it’s airing in japan. It makes way more sense to ride the hype rather than wait.

I also think that big tiddied onee-san is a looper as well. Would explain why she’s at the temple in the first ep.
This is exactly what I was thinking of! This show resonates with me so much, I wish I knew beforehand how similar it was to Higurashi or Us, because then I would've picked it up much faster.
Apr 22, 2022 6:30 PM

Jun 2021
Count me in on the "Thank God they're not pulling a Re:Zero and dragging things out" train. I actually like Subaru so I don't blame them, but damn if things didn't drag hard in his show.

But dang if Shin isn't smart. He's speedrunning the mystery.
Apr 22, 2022 6:37 PM

Jan 2019
Second Episode felt a lot of weaker than first one for me. It is like there will be tons of plot holes, inconsistency when we are reach towards to end.

I don't have empathy or anything towards this series main character because it felt like another one dimensional shounen protag.

My main complains now: (there is more but will write later)
- Why Shinpei didn't told he can time travel?
- Why Mio didn't questioned him?
- Shinpei has no motivation to suffer this much, his mentality and reactions felt a lot of one dimensional.
- If Shadows replacing other people they would have achieved it ages ago.
- I'm not fan of ecchi stuff. (Subjectively)

KatoWorks said:

Because it is one dimensional shounen protag with no depth.
OkeanixApr 22, 2022 7:19 PM

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Apr 22, 2022 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
I really enjoy this ep. They explain the story very well, not just a bunch of conversation. I hope this will get better and better. Shin very smort. also I like kansaii accent. I wonder what the purpose of the young black suit lady. Is this gonna be twist like higurashi ?!? haha let's see next ep.
Apr 22, 2022 7:27 PM

Sep 2020
Okeanix said:
Meh Second Episode felt a lot of weaker than first one for me. It is like there will be tons of plot holes, inconsistency when we are reach towards to end.

I don't have empathy or anything towards this series main character because it felt like another one dimensional shounen protag.

My expectations little too much for this series capability i guess, manga score is also not very good indicates series gets worse at some point.

My main complains which can be solved in future:
- Shinpei has no motivation to suffer this much, his mentality and reactions felt a lot of one dimensional.

KatoWorks said:

Subaru is one of my favourite character he is in my top 10 favourite list that being said I think Shinpai is as intresting as Subaru. Shinpai is a very well written protagonist with an identity of its own just like Subaru. You don't have to go out of your way calling Shinpai a one dimensional character just because people are calling him smarter than Subaru which is very true lol.
Apr 22, 2022 7:27 PM
Oct 2021
for a second I thought Mio was gonna stab him in the end
Apr 22, 2022 7:31 PM

Jan 2019
ZXEAN said:
Okeanix said:
Meh Second Episode felt a lot of weaker than first one for me. It is like there will be tons of plot holes, inconsistency when we are reach towards to end.

My expectations little too much for this series capability i guess, manga score is also not very good indicates series gets worse at some point.

My main complains which can be solved in future:

Subaru is one of my favourite character he is in my top 10 favourite list that being said I think Shinpai is as intresting as Subaru. Shinpai is a very well written protagonist with an identity of its own just like Subaru. You don't have to go out of your way calling Shinpai a one dimensional character just because people are calling him smarter than Subaru which is very true lol.

I didn't read the manga therefore i only make assumptions based on the anime.

Apr 22, 2022 8:07 PM
Jun 2019
“Gunshots on such a quiet night will be heard far and wide. This ain’t America.”
“Good point.”
That American slander was on point ngl

I think us seeing her panties must be an Absolute Point in Time 🤔

Anyway, very nice episode coming back from the first one. It's definitely getting more and more interesting. Though I wonder why he didn't tell Mio about his groundhog-day-like phenomena (this can't be a spoiler. If you haven't watched the first episode, don't know what you're doing here.)
Excited for the next one!
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Apr 22, 2022 8:32 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, I Love this type of show, it remember me of Stein's Gate and also Re: Zero... I Hope this anime could have a good story so far...
Apr 22, 2022 11:46 PM
Jun 2013
AcceleratorAngel said:
KANLen09 said:

With an average of 5-6 chapters per episode, I'm more impressed that this DOES NOT feel like the anime's rushing to adapt the source material in its entirety, yet feels natural. And yes the censorship will have some complain, but I'd think that it's handled well given TV broadcast standards (and sadly Disney's as well).

What did they censor mate?

Nothing, i don't know what these people are talking about, i just literally checked the chapters adapted and it's pratically a panel by panel adaptation, there's no sex (???) and the murder scenes are visually more gruesome than the manga.
Apr 23, 2022 12:18 AM

Dec 2019
Some quick questions:
1. What was that lady recording on the tree? I imagine it's some kind of diary for her. She clearly wasn't on the phone, but it's possible she's some kind of documentarian or keeping tabs for some kind of employer, however I think it's more interesting if she's in on it given how pivotal her appearances tend to be. Maybe it's to keep track of time loops? With the visual glitches and the focus on pictures & videos this episode I wonder if phone data carries over between timelines. It would be cool if she's keeping track of events for herself to try and make things right.
2. If she knows what's happening, why is the MC the only one with the weird eye? He can obviously tell he's going through cycles, but I have to wonder if anyone else is in on it. If anyone can it's that lady.

Also can people please stop comparing this to Re:Zero? There are dozens of series featuring this same mechanic that have a lot more parallels with this show.
Apr 23, 2022 12:30 AM

Mar 2010
Dang the start of the episode creeped the hell out of me, I really felt dread. Lets see how hes gonna escape the loop. These shadows are crazy. Wonder why they won't copy him. Great episode.
Apr 23, 2022 12:58 AM

Nov 2021
Ohh aaaaaa I'm so into this type of anime! I feel Steins gates vibes.
I wonder what's really happening and what the shadow said about Shinpei when it sliced his throat.
I think shinpei has already been copied?!? not sure... my theory for now, cuz in ep 1 an old man asked Shinpei if he found what he's looking for BUT Shinpei himself denied that and said he did not ask, and for this episode the shadow said something.
So intriguing. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
neeJayApr 23, 2022 1:45 AM

Apr 23, 2022 5:48 AM

Dec 2013
Well I'm guessing suit girl is a FBI agent since she's basically Cooper from Twin Peaks
Apr 23, 2022 7:14 AM

Feb 2021
Okeanix said:
Second Episode felt a lot of weaker than first one for me. It is like there will be tons of plot holes, inconsistency when we are reach towards to end.

KatoWorks said:

When i read the first 2 sentences i knew you were a re:zero fan, shinpei is far from being a one dimensional shounen protag and you seem like you’re coping hard. It has just been 2 episodes you literally know nothing about his character so it’s early to feel this insecure, anyways this show is amazing it would be a waste to just hate for the sake of it
bam
Apr 23, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2021
Stark700 said:
That funeral scene hit hard but you know this isn't the true end for Ushio.

They're going at a steady pace with the adaptation so far, even showing more of what Shadows are capable of. I think the stabbing scene in the manga felt more gruesome though. While the Shadows are still a mystery, it seems Shinpei is starting to make use of his powers avoid their vote. Even Mio know the truth by now thanks to him. Definitely got the impression of a supernatural thriller now with these two episodes.

They are aiming for a slightly less disturbing tone, which is understandable. The gore is not the reason I love this manga, so I am okay with the way the anime handled that part.
Apr 23, 2022 8:45 AM

Jan 2019
N2OBLUe said:
Okeanix said:

When i read the first 2 sentences i knew you were a re:zero fan, shinpei is far from being a one dimensional shounen protag and you seem like you’re coping hard. It has just been 2 episodes you literally know nothing about his character so it’s early to feel this insecure, anyways this show is amazing it would be a waste to just hate for the sake of it

I won't take any jojo fan seriously.

Anyway i'm sure Summertime Rendering will suck at some point because 7.8 manga score.

First Episode was good, Second Episode is mediocre.
OkeanixApr 23, 2022 8:50 AM

Apr 23, 2022 8:58 AM

Feb 2021
Okeanix said:
N2OBLUe said:

I won't take any jojo fan seriously.

Anyway i'm sure Summertime Rendering will suck at some point because 7.8 manga score.

First Episode was good, Second Episode is mediocre.

Well it’s not surprising since you have re:zero as a 10 and monster and other good shows as a 7.

Don’t take me seriously as much as you want but as least i’m not hating on something i don’t know shit about, you just sound insecure but keep it up it’s entertaining lol
bam
Apr 23, 2022 9:05 AM

Jan 2019
N2OBLUe said:
Well it’s not surprising since you have re:zero as a 10 and monster and other good shows as a 7.

They are not even close to Re:Zero's level, so it is very normal. Monster is not bad but it is one of most overrated anime for sure.

N2OBLUe said:
Don’t take me seriously as much as you want but as least i’m not hating on something i don’t know shit about, you just sound insecure but keep it up it’s entertaining lol

So i can't put my opinions on the anime i watch because i didn't read the manga. Lmao

Apr 23, 2022 9:48 AM

Feb 2021
Okeanix said:
N2OBLUe said:

They are not even close to Re:Zero's level, so it is very normal. Monster is not bad but it is one of most overrated anime for sure.

N2OBLUe said:

So i can't put my opinions on the anime i watch because i didn't read the manga. Lmao

you didn’t say any opinion you just straight up said shinpei is a one dimensional shounen protag just because people were comparing him to subaru and you didn’t like that they thought he is better, and based on 2 episodes you can’t have that claim. On the contrary too shinpei is acting logically and using his brain unlike subaru who was screaming for a whole season not knowing what to do, i’m against people comparing them and Summer time render is very different than re:zero but you seem like you don’t even know what you’re talking about
bam
Apr 23, 2022 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
ZXEAN said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

There was at least one scene of nudity not just fanservice, I doubt that will make it in.

I'm liking this adaptation, only 2 eps in but working well. Shadow Mio amusing, "this isn't America" when it comes to gunshots. I assure you fake Mio, except for a few bad neighborhoods it isn't natural for people to be shooting guns in town in the US either.
Apr 23, 2022 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
There are really people who think that Re:Zero is a masterpiece and that Monster is an overrated work?

Are we really at this level of bad taste?
Apr 23, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2019
Yumekua said:
There are really people who think that Re:Zero is a masterpiece and that Monster is an overrated work?

Are we really at this level of bad taste?

You didn't even watched Monster lmao.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
Today, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

152 by jaesverse »»
Today, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

88 by jaesverse »»
Today, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

473 by AnthonySaldavis »»
Today, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

151 by jaesverse »»
Today, 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.