Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2021 12:03 AM
Oct 2019
spandy said:
I might be misremembering the first episode of S1 but I thought Kuroe was interested in the rumor to save magical girls, implying she didn't want to be one anymore. In this episode she says that her motivation for joining the Magius was that there weren't enough witches to hunt and that she wasn't strong enough

That's right, but I don't see any contradiction here. It's all connected by cause-and-effect relationships. She doesn't want to be a magical girl because she is weak but she is forced to hunt witches. She can't just quit - it doesn't work that way and she can't live without grifsides in Takarazaki, so she decides to come to Kamihama where she joins Magius.
Aug 25, 2021 5:38 AM
May 2016
salarx said:
MenchiK1 said:

Meh the original story was great because it was complete there was nothing more to tell. Milking is when they keep telling (or retelling) the same story in a different way. We aren't getting new concepts and themes just a repackaging of the originals, all the world building that was needed was done in the original, it's just like Star Wars and The Matrix you have to undo the original to tell a new story, NO blowing up the Death Star didn't stop the Empire, NO Neo becoming the One didn't stop the machines. And now NO Magical Girls don't all eventually become witches.

There's supply because there is demand. Also, last time I checked anime wasn't a charity. If fans want to see it, what's the problem? Milking is more of a low effort cash grab, like Pokemon, Onepiece, Detective Conan, the quality is low, but it's consistently low and fans love it, and it doesn't seems to end. Magia Record on the other hand has arguably the best Sakuga this season, and the story fits well in the World of Madoka Magica.

Madoka Magica always had more to tell, concepts that could be expanded further. There are many mangas that haven't been adapted yet, that expand on these concepts. Ever wondered how was the world with wraiths? There's Wraith Arc. What's the deal between Mami and Kyouko? There's 'Different Story'. Sure people have their own fanfic too, but something coming from official source is always a delight. Magia Record is a great edition, and whatever it is, I don't care if Shaft milks the hell out of it, as long as they deliver quality animation and story.

Madoka Magica is NOT a manga adaptation it was an anime original, the manga are actually part of the milking, just like the game this is based on. And this show is written and directed by a different person and it shows.
MenchiK1Aug 25, 2021 5:44 AM
Aug 25, 2021 6:54 AM
Sep 2019
Three days until new episode drops, I hope Kanagi will appear, even if it's just for a while that she appears to help Yachiyo beat up the twins!
Aug 25, 2021 7:00 AM
Dec 2018
MenchiK1 said:

Madoka Magica is NOT a manga adaptation it was an anime original, the manga are actually part of the milking, just like the game this is based on. And this show is written and directed by a different person and it shows.

You don't understand the meaning of milking do you? The original was great, and complete, that is agreeable. Buy you saying there was nothing more to tell is completely invalid. There was a gap between Original Series and Rebellion. It was hinted that Kyouko knew Mami, but that story was untouched. These extensions that help you understand more about the story can't be called milking.

Magia Record is milking though. But that type of milking is called gacha. It doesn't rely on the world of Madoka Magica, or it's Characters, but the Original Characters of Magia Record. Sure, it used the popularity of Madoka Magica characters when it started, but nobody plays the game just for them. One could say Magia Record anime is milking Magia Record game. Having said that, it's a different story about different characters. It's not retelling the original story which was about Homura and Madoka, nor it's continuation of that story. In your other examples, you explained how 'NO blowing up the Death Star, NO Neo becoming the One affects the story. But can you tell the same about Magia Record, what changed exactly, and what was the effect? Magia Record is not a what-if scenario. The cause and effect is well defined when it comes to Magia Record, and you'll know that when story finishes.
salarxAug 25, 2021 7:57 AM
Aug 25, 2021 9:47 AM
May 2011
I don't think necessity infers quality. Does there need to be a Magia Record? Not really, but here it is so why not judge it on it's own merits and not how it stacks up to the original. I was put off on starting the series because I heard that it was an unnecessary spinoff that was poorly written. I think that reputation is undeserved as there is clearly an understanding of story and character and a lot of it is well written, dramatic and emotional. There are moments where the show reminds you of it's mobile game roots but I don't think it's so excessive to detract too much from the overall quality.
Aug 25, 2021 10:19 PM
May 2016
salarx said:
MenchiK1 said:

You don't understand the meaning of milking do you? The original was great, and complete, that is agreeable. Buy you saying there was nothing more to tell is completely invalid. There was a gap between Original Series and Rebellion. It was hinted that Kyouko knew Mami, but that story was untouched. These extensions that help you understand more about the story can't be called milking.

Rebellion was milking TOO. So there is no gap.

salarx said:

Magia Record is milking though.

9_9 well at least you admit it.

Aug 25, 2021 10:21 PM
May 2016
spandy said:
I don't think necessity infers quality. Does there need to be a Magia Record? Not really, but here it is so why not judge it on it's own merits and not how it stacks up to the original. I was put off on starting the series because I heard that it was an unnecessary spinoff that was poorly written. I think that reputation is undeserved as there is clearly an understanding of story and character and a lot of it is well written, dramatic and emotional. There are moments where the show reminds you of it's mobile game roots but I don't think it's so excessive to detract too much from the overall quality.

If this wasn't a Madoka spin off, which gives it an air of credibility, no one would be watching it. It would have been dismissed as a cheap knock off of Madoka and boring.
Aug 25, 2021 11:34 PM
Oct 2019
MenchiK1 said:
spandy said:

If this wasn't a Madoka spin off, which gives it an air of credibility, no one would be watching it. It would have been dismissed as a cheap knock off of Madoka and boring.

Then quit suckling on the udder, easy to do.
Aug 25, 2021 11:38 PM
Oct 2019
MenchiK1 said:

salarx said:

Magia Record is milking though.

9_9 well at least you admit it.

Why deny it at all? Milking produces milk. Good stuff.
Aug 26, 2021 2:13 PM

May 2018
Poor Kaede indeed. And wow the animation is so good every episode!
Aug 28, 2021 6:24 AM
Feb 2021
The plot of the story getting interesting. War of mahou shoujo, Iroha want to save kaede, and madoka who still want to save tomoe mami by searching the information about magius. I wonder what's gonna happen to yachiyo, but she's strong she will be fine. And the animation is really sick, and until eps.4 the animation still great.
Sep 3, 2021 9:19 AM
Aug 2021
Jujur gua sungguh kasihan pada Iroha, sehingga gua ngerasa ga tahan buat meneruskan season ini loh

Pertama, Kuroe bikin ini anime jadi flat, maaf, bosan ngikutin ceritanya. Kedua, pengambilan scene ala Shaft itu terasa kurang sekali di-episode ini.

Ketiga, Iroha baru sahaja pulih, bukannya disuruh duduk kek, di kasi minum kek... Apa Iroha dibenci sama para staff, gua ga pernah tahu.

Semoga gua bisa nonton season sebelumnya untuk lebih tahu, kerana lagu-lagu Claris dan Trysail gua love banget. Dan akhir sekali Iroha, Stay Alive.
Sep 24, 2021 4:18 PM

Jul 2016
Like when the magical fight gets so flashy you literally can't follow what the bloody hell is going on. I mean, I appreciate Shaft put more notorious effort into the animation for this season but I'm also being honest when I say I have no fucking idea what Iroha, Kuroe and Rena did to stop Doppel-Kaede.

Anyways, another nice episode. I really liked the disturbing revelation of Wings of Magius having a Witch factory for mass production of Grief Seeds. That's dark asf.

Also, Walpurgis is approaching...
Sep 26, 2021 6:47 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwww Rena was protecting her little wife Kaede. And my little lesbians were holding hands,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Don't you worry my sweetest angel! I am sure you will be reunited with her. Then you can adjust her soul gem again like a good magical lesbian,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderSep 26, 2021 10:17 AM
Oct 2, 2021 4:37 AM

Aug 2018
All 4 of you?.. Does voice mean our 3 girls we see now - Kuroe, Iroha, Yachiyo.. Plus small Kyubey?.. Or something else?..
Witches factory, huh.. Or grief seeds factory.. Or something like that.. Well.. I wonder, if with some mistake - it can give birth to tons of witches.. Well, as accidents happen on factories.. Like, for example, atomic energy factories are being used only for some time, it being some years, but still.. And with some fighting in factory going on like this.. Well..
Connect is pretty awesome, not gonna lie..
Hm.. So you can use Doppel only limited amounts, it seems?.. Well, seems like this solution is for only limited amount of time then.. And to magical girls - it pretty much is very little amount of time, to be honest..
Isolation.. Doesn't sound like it solves the problem at all.. "Maybe after Magius will complete its' plans - it'll be alright.. And maybe - not.. Who knows.." Bruh.. Well, we have known that Magius is tricking people organization..
Oct 9, 2021 4:53 AM

Jan 2017
Magius went from a "saving Magical Girls no matter the cost" cause to "Grief Seed factory in disguise" for the top brass, who could have seen that coming

The Iroha and Kuroe connect was awesome though, despite the flurry of an action scene making it hard to get what's going on
Feb 15, 1:53 PM
Apr 2017
For me this episode both made me raise my eyebrow but also be really impressed with the fighting scenes (I noticed that couple of scenes in the beginning had some meh animation, but again the action scenes made up for that). All in all, for me this episode wasn't as exciting as the previous episodes, but I'm excited to see the rest!
HagacchiFeb 15, 3:00 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 7, 2021

83 by Plyc »»
Sep 9, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2021

48 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

38 by Biisoo »»
Apr 28, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 31, 2021

108 by Biisoo »»
Apr 25, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2021

61 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 12:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.