Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 18, 2021 4:00 PM

Jan 2018
Great episode, but I gotta admit I didn't see the blood transfusion coming lol.
Poor Sekkekkyuu got transfused into an even worser body the moment the original one decided to take care of himself.

Overall I had a lot of fun watching this anime, I hope we get a second season.

8/10
Mar 18, 2021 4:40 PM

Dec 2018
i definitely didn't expect that isekai ending, haha!
poor mc rbc...
Mar 18, 2021 5:52 PM

Jun 2017
BAD END.

I didn't expect that twist to have them end up in a waaay worse body. lmao

It was a great ride and I enjoyed it more than the main series actually. I am not sure if they will really make S2 or that was just troll but either way I am cool with it.
Mar 18, 2021 7:16 PM

Jul 2011
But the bright times before credits were strange,the person made a 180 turn, no fat,no stress(somehow), and magically no smoking and alcoholism(both looked brink of cancer)

So at least 12 months passed since gonorrhea episode. Seeing that you can just donate blood after 12 months after treatment. Or someone lied to donate.

Mar 18, 2021 7:25 PM
Oct 2018
CanisTomek said:
I expected happy end, but never this what happened after the credits... They were isekaied! (O_o)

There is Isekai of Another Human body and New season 2 next year
Mar 18, 2021 7:28 PM

Mar 2021
I was aiming for the bad ending tho, but yeah this is fine, I loved it, I think this is the best anime I watch in this season. So much we can learn and so much memorable moments in this show. Absolute 8/10 for me.

Mar 18, 2021 7:32 PM
Oct 2018
After Surviving of Human Body of Heart Attack.All Red and While Blood Cellare Donate of Blood Bank. To another Human Body of the Next Chapter and Next Year season 2 of Cell at work!
Mar 18, 2021 7:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
"If one by one, the works may be insignificant. But with all the efforts of us, cells at works. The body was able to live on"
Work, work, and work! The motto suddenly ringing my minds in no time xd.

Well. That after credit scene actually really got me hard. The transfusion ended the poor Rbc-kun into the whole black code lifes cycle again in a completely worst situations. No time for happy end. I even think its an unsatisfying finisher. But that's it all, for you who wanted the never ending desperation for your beloved Rbc-kun xd. Well, at least he got a new friend to be cared off, and a lover to be loved. Together they will be fighting with the new environment from the very first beginning again. Ganbare, cells at works!

About the score, if this spin-off right cutting off at the previous episode, the series shall be easily end at my 9. However, this 'alternative end', and especially that 'additional what if' scene, unbeliavably give me a bit of bad taste in my mouth. So, yeah, i shall reducing my point against that by 8. However, as the overall these black one truly entertaining more than the main series. Its an undeniable truth. So, yeah, hope the franchises are not death, and bringing more spin-off show can be good for the sake of a better educational anime transition to the industry.

That's it all from me.
badabassMar 18, 2021 7:57 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 18, 2021 8:42 PM
Oct 2018
I was expecting that blood transfusion to link up with the one at the end of season 1 of the main Cells at Work, and our cells would have to come together for the corona virus, which I hear is the final part of the main series. Maybe that was wishful thinking lol

I wasn't expecting a "happy" ending, but I guess it gives the message that changing your bad lifestyle can improve your body and health. It sucks for our cells to now be placed into a new body in poor health soon after the other one got better. I wonder if we'll get another season.
Mar 18, 2021 9:55 PM

Apr 2020
eh too bad the bastard lived
i want to learn more about post mortem cellular activity

Mar 18, 2021 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
NO SHIT! Fuck that after-credits scene. Seriously, that was such a "fuck you" to my boy RBC. He just got sucked out of this now healthy body to be placed inside yet another shitty environment via blood donation/blood transfusion. Man, that's so rough.

Well, unfortunate turn of events aside, it was a pretty nice finale for this highly informative spin-off. The body received some CPR which ended up saving its owner's life and said event even managed to make him change his poor lifestyle given the near-death experience. In the end, it was a happy ending for the body but not so much for poor RBC and WBC. The scene with him saying how much he admired her was pretty cute, by the way.

Overall, a pretty good complement for the original Cells at Work! project. Honestly, I will never understand the people who shit on the original for not being "dark" enough like BLACK but well. They can go fuck themselves and as someone above said, both versions have their own charm and should be taken as complements instead of individual shows.

8/10 - Hoping for a second season or if anything, an adaptation for the Cells at Work! Lady or Cells at Work! Baby manga.
SouthRzVaMar 18, 2021 10:09 PM
Mar 18, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2020
its a good anime 8.7/10
Mar 18, 2021 10:57 PM

Jun 2014
So which chapter should I continue from the manga?
Mar 18, 2021 11:35 PM

Nov 2020
Finally this is over, to bad he got transferred into another body. I love when Seto Kaiba- I means Kenjirou Tsuda become The Narrator.

overall 9/10
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Mar 19, 2021 1:49 AM

Apr 2018
Looks like the body is better after that heart attack and everybody can work better. Man this was a wild adventure in this body and it made me realize how i need to take care of my body as well. That heart attack really scared me ngl. TOO bad when it was just about to get good HE GETS TRANSFERED TO ANOTHER BODY.

Good watch liked it a lot better than regular cells at work. I would give it 8/10

Having Kenjirou Tsuda as the narrator is so goooood.
Mar 19, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2014
Hataraku Saibou Black is probably the most important anime made in 2021 or ever. It has made me feel horrible while watching it but it made me realize I need to take care of my body. It's very dark but I'm really gald I watched it. Take care of yourselves everybody.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 19, 2021 4:15 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, why did they have to end it like that? So unfair for everyone...
Now I feel sad for all the cells of the original body who'll be devastated by the sudden loss of the MC...
Mar 19, 2021 4:18 AM
Apr 2020
Lol.. MC Red Blood Cell can't really take a break. Now he transported in a different body! What a great cliffhanger huh..

9/10 for this. This definitely is one of my favorite shows and a hidden gem in Winter 2021. Lidenfilms really did a good job on every aspect. Enjoyed this more than the original Cells at Work one. Hoping for more Code Black adaptation in the future :)
Mar 19, 2021 5:15 AM

Dec 2015
8/10. Likes this as much as I liked the other seasons (normal Hataraku Saibou). Both had is pros and cons. And tbh a lot of times I liked the normal Hataraku Saibou a bit more - on average.

Some great episodes here though ... that were better than any episode in the original series had been. Last episode was great. With the old lady and the emotional moments. Red guy delivering again and meeting the commander guy.

The ending was weird. Unless it was a blood donatoin for own use and they got injected into a different part of the same body. (Where surgery happened where the situation had been still pretty bad.)
Mar 19, 2021 5:55 AM

Mar 2016
Just when you thought the body finally took care of itself and became healthier, it decides to donate its blood to an unhealthy person. It's a good thing to do, but I feel bad for the cells.

I wanna see a second season.
Mar 19, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2020
I enjoyed this last episode and I got surprised by the after credits scene, god damn it!

What an intense yet informative journey it was! That all told from the Cells prospective made it into an immersive story

The build-up towards the end of the anime was really well done, resulting in an epic final. Although it might look like we are not entirely out of the woods yet...?!
I'm going to miss Wit Blood Cell !

Mar 19, 2021 7:21 AM

Oct 2016
Really great season finale! That shit was inspirational as fuck. So, if any of ya'll got any bad habits here, you can see it's not too late to stop it now and let your body heal. It's really nice to see these cells in a healthy working environment, White Blood Cell blushing was adorable as heck.

Then that ending came, what a kick in the dick. That shit fucking sucks, let my cells live in peace please. With that, we are most likely getting a second season hopefully. 8/10
Mar 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
That isekai ending seems like a new season incoming.

Maybe a corpse with COVID?
Mar 19, 2021 9:21 AM
May 2013
Just finish watching this anime. Interesting (kinda work this out from start of show) very different to original version. Although I am wondering if there be 2nd season? From end clip I saw. 🤔
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 19, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, it's over.
And what the f*** was that epilogue. Who in their right mind would do a blood transfusion from an unhealthy body like that. Was the other body THAT desperate?
Mar 19, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
And it happened right after the former body started getting slightly better too. Looks like the Cells in that body won't ever get any peace lmao.
I miss the old buddy of Glasses. Looks like the kouhai will be taking over, he's not too shabby I guess.
Mar 19, 2021 10:23 AM

Feb 2014
Now that was an unexpected after-credits scene, that's for sure!

It was really inspiring to see all of the RBC working as hard as they could when the heart got restarted and, in a way, we did get a happy ending with this body. Just seeing all of the recognisable characters filled with more happiness and optimism than before is nice, but we were also treated to something incredible...

Our WBC, U1196, BLUSHING! Just seeing someone as cool and sexy as her blushing in embarrassment after AA2153 told her that he looked up to her was such a cute moment. X3

However, the peaceful times were over as the host body decided to donate blood, which took both our main WBC and RBC characters into another body, which looks to be less healthy than the original host body ever was. What a way to get isekai'd, you know? XD
Mar 19, 2021 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
they should include isekai tag in the next season lol
Mar 19, 2021 11:40 AM
Aug 2019
spaesu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
oh wow, its finally over and what a finale. looks like they went with the happy redemption ending for this which was quite nice but i wouldn’t have minded a dark ending either. the episode was really tense throughout, good thing the guy who owns the body got some medical attention and they saved him with the cpr and stuff or else he most definitely would've died. that ending scene though, red blood cell just can’t catch a break! honestly feel bad for him being transported to another body but oh well, we’ll have to wait till (potentially) next season to find out lol.

overall this was actually pretty good, i think i probably liked this spinoff more than the original cells at work and found it more interesting + enjoyed it a lot more. also wouldn’t mind if this got a second season either, think i'd give this a 4-6/10.

Did you watch what's after the ending? I mean the post credit scene? Happy ending,huh?
Mar 19, 2021 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
MINATO8622 said:
spaesu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
oh wow, its finally over and what a finale. looks like they went with the happy redemption ending for this which was quite nice but i wouldn’t have minded a dark ending either. the episode was really tense throughout, good thing the guy who owns the body got some medical attention and they saved him with the cpr and stuff or else he most definitely would've died. that ending scene though, red blood cell just can’t catch a break! honestly feel bad for him being transported to another body but oh well, we’ll have to wait till (potentially) next season to find out lol.

overall this was actually pretty good, i think i probably liked this spinoff more than the original cells at work and found it more interesting + enjoyed it a lot more. also wouldn’t mind if this got a second season either, think i'd give this a 4-6/10.

Did you watch what's after the ending? I mean the post credit scene? Happy ending,huh?
yeah i did, i was talking about for the main body
Mar 19, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
One of my most favorite shows of this season finally ended, i was completely amazed by Code Black, it put the 2nd season of the main show in the pocket, easily.

We got to see a way different and darker side of the human body and learn about what several complicated situations can generate inside our bodies and how our organism reacts to those. Super informative as always and this show displayed every single one of the cases in a splendid way. I'm totally amazed by this, no doubts about it.

I just wanted to point out my favorite part of this show, wich was on episode 11, that cry for help, the cry of the own cells of the host's body, screaming their hearts out for the host to wake up to life and realize wtf he/she is doing to his/her own body. That scene completely moved me, not joking.

And now it seems that even after that body was saved from a life threatening situation, he/she got his/her blood taken for donation, RIP cells who thought they finally had an in shape (not totally in shape yet xD) body to work on. I do feel bad for them, but im hella happy because that means a 2nd season will be coming soon? I just hope so! (Though, it was weird that someone with a body like that would be available to donate blood right away but i guess it was just a twist to open up a 2nd season kekw)

9/10 fantastic show
Mar 19, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Solid final episode, the old lady ordinary cell crying was kinda touching. Overall, Black was better than the original, specially the characters
Mar 19, 2021 12:41 PM
Dec 2018
What 👁️👄👁️
Mar 19, 2021 1:28 PM

Dec 2016
Everything seems fine now that the body is changing for the better little by litte :)
Well, what do we have here? A moment between Red and White Blood Cell being embarrassed at each other? X3 Oh, the awkwardness, now that's cute and I like it! <3

Oh no, the after credits were pretty harsh and now they all start from zero ^^; does this sound like a season 2 comming up? Great season, and my final score will be a well deserved 8/10 from me :D I enjoyed watching this dark side versio from the body!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 19, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
OMG poor red blood cells who got transferred to a worse body...
Mar 19, 2021 2:59 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit that post credit ending, they got isekai-ed to even worst body... Talk about a hard day at work!

NGL Black was way better that the OG S1+2, solid and well deserved 9/10 because nothing in my 30 years of live has motivated me more to take care about my health.
Mar 19, 2021 4:00 PM

Nov 2011
Blushing White Blood cell is everything I needed to end this series lol.

Damn they were both transfused to a different body...thats unfortunate lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
That was a really great finale.................................. until that god awful post credits scene. That was an absolute kick in the balls and it spat all over the rest of the episode. They should have saved that Ozzy and Drix BS for the opening scene of a potential season 2.
Mar 19, 2021 7:28 PM
Aug 2017
Ya'll... Please watch the post-credits......
Mar 19, 2021 8:05 PM

Mar 2016
How is possible a guy with a record of alcoholism, smoking, STD, and heart attack was allowed to donate blood? Not even in the IMSS (my country's supposed-to-be social secure institution) they would do that.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 19, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2019
el_morris said:
How is possible a guy with a record of alcoholism, smoking, STD, and heart attack was allowed to donate blood? Not even in the IMSS (my country's supposed-to-be social secure institution) they would do that.

Mangaka said it was creative liberty for adding more volumes IIRC.
Mar 19, 2021 11:39 PM

Nov 2015
I'm in the minority because I enjoyed the original Cells At Work more. I wasn't a fan of the constant dark tone, and the characters and drama bored me. Buut, the medical stuff here was more interesting than the original, and Cells At Work CODE BLACK made me want to take even just a bit more care of my body.

I did not see the blood transfusion ending coming. Feel bad for the characters, but it's great for more content.

A lot of awkward critique towards Japan's work culture. Might be looking too deep though.

we're going to work ourselves to death! it's a toxic workplace environment! etc etc! isnt that horrible?!

well, yes, but its also the right thing to do!!

lol
Mar 20, 2021 12:22 AM

Apr 2020
Geez, this episode.(⌯˃̶᷄ ﹏ ˂̶᷄⌯) It's crazy that despite all their hardwork it isn't good enough. The way they struggle just to save the body pulled my hearstrings. I'm glad that the owner of that body is also trying to live. The ending tho, it seems like the red blood cells would not catch a break huh? Well, I'll be waiting for season 2! ♡✧( ु•⌄• )

»»————- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇs ʜᴇʀᴇ ————-««
Mar 20, 2021 12:28 AM

Oct 2020
it was a happy ending then the post credit scene......

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Mar 20, 2021 12:29 AM

Oct 2020
RBC be like: Ah Shit, Here We Go Again

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Mar 20, 2021 8:53 AM
Jan 2021
Ah, the last episode of Cells at Work Code Black. I can say that I am satisfied with the end of Season 1. The happy scenes we have seen in the OP and ED envisioned by AA 2153 has finally come true. I love how he has done a monologue about his experiences in work while looking back at his hardships.

I have predicted how this show will end as early as when Episode 10 aired. Turns out I was right. The post-credits scene is a de facto announcement for Season 2 of this show which I can't wait.
Mar 20, 2021 9:10 AM
Oct 2019
Wow there is a miracle in every situation and this is one of them...

The emotion hits hard when our boy delivered the oxygen to that lady...

When they thought everything is fine, then transfusion blood happened and they ended up in different body...
But I'm so surprised how can this Trash body allowed to have blood transfusion... Lmao Plot Twist...
Possibly next season?

Surprisingly a very good Spin-off
8/10 👏
davidyodo24Mar 20, 2021 9:13 AM
Mar 20, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
The body was saved! I can praise all cells including AA2153 and U-1196. But post-credits...chance of 2nd season?
Overall, this spin-off was very nice than I imagined. I enjoyed story and characters so much. Definitely underrated. One of my favorites.
Mar 20, 2021 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
Man that ending is a kick in the nuts, poor red and white cell, just when everything was looking fine needle-kun came and isekaed them.
Mar 20, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2017
wow that was nice to see the original body decided to pull itself together and get its shit straight, but damn, that ending was messed up. Why can't the RBC just get the freedom he wanted D:

Overall though, I did enjoy this one as much as the original. It's nice to see and learn about what a fuked up body is like, very informative

tbh I feel like a lot of people completely forget that this is meant to be the POV from the cells themselves, so all these "glorifying over work" complaints just seem so silly lmao

body of an ugly bastard/10

el_morris said:

i think the author admitted himself that it's unrealistic (cause people with heart attack/heart surgery cant donate blood or smth) but decided to add it in anyway
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 7, 2021

178 by Seraschi »»
May 14, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 28, 2021

68 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 19, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 4, 2021

68 by Distrekzy »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.