Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
I felt sorry for Eris in ep8. Poor girl thinks she's being a "good girl" by letting Rudy touch her. Her whole "do it if you want" is more because of what her parent(s) must have told her to do - as a sign of gratitude, rather then her actually wanting any of it for personal pleasure.
Feb 28, 2021 2:58 PM

Apr 2020
They could stop with the minors exploring sex in the most uncomfortable way, wait I mean virgin adult with virgin minors. Extra cringe
Feb 28, 2021 3:05 PM

May 2018
"I'm not a snowflake but this anime made me uncomfortable"

lmao, why are you people still watching something that "makes you uncomfortable"

Imagine me going to watch yaoi and start complaining that there are dudes kissing each other
Feb 28, 2021 3:09 PM
Jun 2019
DanteDeshima said:
Simple solution. stop whining about things happening in a fictional story and don't watch it.

I didnt whine? I just stated that he shows sociopathic tendencies towards people, and its pretty weird. Haven't an emotional reaction to show shouldn't be thrown away by saying "its just fiction", many people become emotionally attached and like characters, and when these characters going genhis khan on woman that should open them up to criticism
Feb 28, 2021 3:10 PM

Jul 2020
Randolph77 said:
IPFdomain said:

When the mc is canonically confirmed a pedophile in the WN

I doubt you read wn, I've read the whole wn and your words are irrelevant

rudeus only has the motivation to live a better life and not be a saint who performs austerities, he will keep doing perverted things until the end of the story.
It was confirmed he was watching loli hentai in the LN also so do with that what you will

Feb 28, 2021 3:11 PM

Mar 2011
ElGuanchetas said:

Are you a troll or are you defending having sex with children?

As long as they're cute girls.
Eris isn't. Sylphie is.
Feb 28, 2021 3:13 PM
Jun 2019
Only_Brad said:
"I'm not a snowflake but this anime made me uncomfortable"

lmao, why are you people still watching something that "makes you uncomfortable"

Imagine me going to watch yaoi and start complaining that there are dudes kissing each other

First off i enjoy the show, but rudeus does a lot of perverted and stuff and faces zero consequences, and i understand jn ecchis, but the groping isnt even done for fan service
Feb 28, 2021 3:14 PM
Sep 2020
IPFdomain said:
Randolph77 said:

rudeus only has the motivation to live a better life and not be a saint who performs austerities, he will keep doing perverted things until the end of the story.
It was confirmed he was watching loli hentai in the LN also so do with that what you will

Ah you mean that part, I think you mean after adult rudeus
Feb 28, 2021 3:20 PM
Jun 2019
[/quote]
Do we watch the same show?
1. Sylphiette
He didn't know she was a girl. Wasn't that obvious enough?

2. Playfully trying to unpanty the insane tsundere
As revenge. Nothing serious, just dumb fun.

3. latest episode

Rudeus did nothing wrong. (apart from forgetting about Sylphie for a moment after)[/quote]
Please what, not his fault?!
In the latest ep her father forced her onto rudeus, rudeus knowing about consent and having a conscious, knows that she was forced into that situation and therefore was not consenting, and did not want it. He couldve asked her she was put asked to be here, anything else instead of trying to grope his cousin
Feb 28, 2021 3:22 PM
Jun 2019
juniorrrbello said:
Sociopathic? He took off sylviettes clothing because he thought he was a boy? And then he apologised and explained that in the same episode?

And rape? He literally joked to eris by saying he was gonna do perverted things to her and she said just a little bit is fine, and then when he pushed his luck he got beaten up and he apologised, and Eris said we can do it in 5 years time. Is he perverted yes, sociopathic is a stretch imo

Acc if u look at the definition of sociopathic and feel like its an accurate description. Hes fully aware that groping women is wrong, yet does it anyway. He tried to have sex with his 11 yo cousin, knowing that she was forced into that situation by her father. Literally rudeus doesnt care about anyone, and only pretends so he can get into there pants
Feb 28, 2021 3:24 PM

Mar 2011
Himeee03 said:

In the latest ep her father forced her onto rudeus, rudeus knowing about consent and having a conscious, knows that she was forced into that situation and therefore was not consenting, and did not want it. He couldve asked her she was put asked to be here, anything else instead of trying to grope his cousin

It is only assumed, not a fact and all evidence points she wasn't forced into anything.

Feb 28, 2021 3:28 PM
Mar 2012
Himeee03 said:
juniorrrbello said:
Sociopathic? He took off sylviettes clothing because he thought he was a boy? And then he apologised and explained that in the same episode?

And rape? He literally joked to eris by saying he was gonna do perverted things to her and she said just a little bit is fine, and then when he pushed his luck he got beaten up and he apologised, and Eris said we can do it in 5 years time. Is he perverted yes, sociopathic is a stretch imo

Acc if u look at the definition of sociopathic and feel like its an accurate description. Hes fully aware that groping women is wrong, yet does it anyway. He tried to have sex with his 11 yo cousin, knowing that she was forced into that situation by her father. Literally rudeus doesnt care about anyone, and only pretends so he can get into there pants

If even her father forces her to do it, i guess that is the standard, or to say it better, it's not that unusual, for that time in the fantasy world and pretty much a common occurrence.

It does sound wrong on real world right now, but the setting is not in real world anyway. So, different standards apply.

At least that's how it goes for me.
Feb 28, 2021 3:30 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah it made me super uncomfortable at first. But then I got over it as I realized I was watching a really good anime and just enjoyed it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 28, 2021 3:30 PM
Jun 2019
Genjurooo said:
Himeee03 said:

It is only assumed, not a fact and all evidence points she wasn't forced into anything.

EXCATLY! BUT HE NEVER ASKS, JUST TRIES HAVING SEX WITH HER. Anybody would ask if she wad forced into this situation. But he doesnt and potentially tries to rape her, and definitely gropped her
Feb 28, 2021 3:34 PM
Jun 2019
hassan-san said:
Himeee03 said:

If even her father forces her to do it, i guess that is the standard, or to say it better, it's not that unusual, for that time in the fantasy world and pretty much a common occurrence.

It does sound wrong on real world right now, but the setting is not in real world anyway. So, different standards apply.

At least that's how it goes for me.

The problem is, is that rudeus is emotionally aware enough yet takes advantage, its really creepy
Feb 28, 2021 3:37 PM

Feb 2016
deg said:
skysurf said:

Japan is not only what you see in anime. The whole country is not "obsessed with youth". Children sexual abuse happens all around the world, this is not "west vs east". Even in Japan you see they try to take action against those creepers that molest school girls in trains.

sure but you cannot deny anime got a lolicon problem or even teenage girls being sexualize problem in anime, manga and light novels there in Japan

or maybe they are just forgiving more about it like how the public there forgives pedo authors like the Rurouni Kenshin and Act Age manga authors

I guess thats why Japan is one of the top 5 countries in the world with lowest % of child abuse/rape
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 28, 2021 3:38 PM

Feb 2016
IPFdomain said:
Randolph77 said:

watching loli hentai doesnt not make you a pedo imo
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 28, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2011
Himeee03 said:

EXCATLY! BUT HE NEVER ASKS, JUST TRIES HAVING SEX WITH HER. Anybody would ask if she wad forced into this situation. But he doesnt and potentially tries to rape her, and definitely gropped her

Sure princess, when a girl offers HERSELF the man should ruin the moment to ask about her circumstances. Also it is rape when a female offers herself, lol.
Feb 28, 2021 3:40 PM

Jul 2019
L0sMichal0s said:
IPFdomain said:

He wasn't watching loli hentai. He watched and masturbated to a video of his actual underage naked niece that he had secretly filmed in the bathroom. Now that makes you a pedo.
Subarashii
Feb 28, 2021 3:41 PM
Jun 2019
FerParaguay90 said:
It's funny that they didn't even bother to analyze and investigate, and find out what the medieval era really was like in real life, as it literally was, they hope. Life was not more than 40, so at 15 you were already an adult and they made you marry at an early age. They complain that we unjustifiably call "snowflakes" those who complain about having these kinds of scenes with lolis and you don't even know what the time was like. In short, he cries out their complaints and how this generation of crystal feels offended. Although one thing is not to like and another to offend you. If you don't like it, then great you are in your right, but feeling "offended" only shows how foolish and innocent they are. And about rudeus if you want it to evolve super fast to the point that it does not make sense, well, you must like badly developed cliche characters and without evolution a lot.

Firstly, ur points are invalid as nothinb your countering is anything i said, except the snowflake part. I understand, in romeo and juliet for example Juliet is 13. However in the show there still seen as kids and adults are a lot older anyway, so the author didnt take this into account. Secondly the guy lived 40 years in the real world. Thirdly he showed sociopathic tendencies to women, to have sex with them. 4thly i never said i felt offended at all, just that rudeus perversion mirros real life sociopaths. Okay?
Feb 28, 2021 3:42 PM

Feb 2016
Avicebrons said:
L0sMichal0s said:

He wasn't watching loli hentai. He watched and masturbated to a video of his actual underage naked niece that he had secretly filmed in the bathroom. Now that makes you a pedo.

Well yeah but that's not what he said.

That's for sure is pedo. No doubt.
Feb 28, 2021 3:44 PM
Jun 2019
Genjurooo said:
Himeee03 said:

Sure princess, when a girl offers HERSELF the man should ruin the moment to ask about her circumstances. Also it is rape when a female offers herself, lol.

She umm never offered herself and was blantly uncomfortable when rudeus was groping her
Feb 28, 2021 3:49 PM
May 2012
Himeee03 said:

He said and i quote:
"if you stay i might do something a little dirty"
THEN she said:
"if is only a little then IT IS OK"
Feb 28, 2021 3:50 PM
Jun 2019
abystoma2 said:
coolshit69 said:

Hasn't the same thread title been made before?
Similar threads had been made multiple times.

Himeee03 said:

Its weird that rudeus is generally a likeable intelligent character, and had potential to be one of the better isekai protagonists. However i cant help to feel that rudeus has sociopathic tendencies. When rudeus took off slyviette clothing, i found it uncomfortable but i felt by the end, he had learned his lesson, however he does the same thing again to red head tsundere which shows that he in fact didn't was borderline about to rap**** her. Which makes it weirder to me, is that he showed no remorse and only regretted being found out instead of the action of stripping her. In the latest ep a similar scenario happens, he was prepared to have sex with her. At the surface is doesnt seem weird however rudeus is shown to be very emotionally intelligent, and logics that she is there because her father told to be there. Knowing this information, that was essentially forced by her family to be with rudeus and yet he still makes advances on her, makes me uncomfortable as rudeus understands what hes doing is wrong but still does it. The guy is literally a sociopath.

1) That is not what "sociopath" means.

2) So what weirds you out is that a character has both good and bad qualities? I would recommend reading/watching more fiction that doesn't have only black and white characters, this really isn't something that should baffle you so much.

Avicebrons said:
But you also forget that underage people are incapable of giving consent.
Just to get into technicalities, the setting quite implies that the concept of "underage" in this fictional world is not what you might be imagining if you're applying the "18+" mentality.

What the hell, are your points. Lmao. The guy literally mirrors real life sociopaths. Also i said in my paragraph i like rudeus and had potential, however him groping woman - not even for fan service is uncomfortable to watch. Lets say for example in game of thrones, Rob Stark makes one mistake to marry the girl he loved instead of who he was was forced to marry. This led to his death. Actions have consequences. Yet rudeus just gripes women with no consequences
Feb 28, 2021 3:52 PM
Jun 2019
[quote=brazileirobr message=62159207]
Himeee03 said:

He said and i quote:
"if you stay i might do something a little dirty"
THEN she said:
"if is only a little then IT IS OK"

Yes you see EXCATLY. HER FATHER TOLD HER TO DO THAT...WHY CANT YOU SEE IT. HE SHOULDVE ASKED IF SHE WAS FORCED.

Mar 2019
man when i see a thread like this i almost feel the need to spoiler everything... Ok. Rudeus being a pervy is part of his old world mindset. It's not because he have a new life that his old world bad habits will go away. It took roxy to break his fears of leaving house. He is a 40 years old virgin and at this point a 50 year old so it not suprise he tries to push his chances but as his character grows he becomes less and less of a pervy... and Eris help him a lot on this.

Mar 2011
Himeee03 said:

She umm never offered herself and was blantly uncomfortable when rudeus was groping her

She was half-naked wearing bed robe inside HIS bedroom saying how IT IS FINE if he does ECCHI things to her "j-just a little".

Himeee03 said:

Yes you see EXCATLY. HER FATHER TOLD HER TO DO THAT...WHY CANT YOU SEE IT. HE SHOULDVE ASKED IF SHE WAS FORCED.

How the F do you get from that to; "Her father told her to do that"????
Feb 28, 2021 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
Apparently the clown just appeared, but seriously bruh, seeing how this kind of thread was as expected just basically make this entire thread a joke
Feb 28, 2021 3:54 PM
Jun 2019
Genjurooo said:
Himeee03 said:

She was half-naked wearing bed robe inside HIS bedroom saying how IT IS FINE if he does ECCHI things to her "j-just a little".

The problem is that rudeus knows her father told her to be there in his bed. Thats why she was so cleaned. She was prepared and being forced. Yet rudeus still continues knowing that she could have been POTENTIALLY forced
Feb 28, 2021 3:59 PM

Jan 2009
L0sMichal0s said:
deg said:

sure but you cannot deny anime got a lolicon problem or even teenage girls being sexualize problem in anime, manga and light novels there in Japan

or maybe they are just forgiving more about it like how the public there forgives pedo authors like the Rurouni Kenshin and Act Age manga authors

I guess thats why Japan is one of the top 5 countries in the world with lowest % of child abuse/rape

to be fuck Japan have the lowest crime for any kind of crime

although sexual assault is problematic there

Sexual assault in Japan: ‘Every girl was a victim’
Sexual assault of schoolgirls is commonplace on Japan’s public transportation, but now more girls are speaking out. https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2017/3/8/sexual-assault-in-japan-every-girl-was-a-victim
Feb 28, 2021 3:59 PM

Mar 2011
Himeee03 said:

The problem is that rudeus knows her father told her to be there in his bed. Thats why she was so cleaned. She was prepared and being forced. Yet rudeus still continues knowing that she could have been POTENTIALLY forced

NO HE DOESN'T know! He just assumes because of previous dialogue with both her mother and later with her father, but NOWHERE IT IS SHOWN AS FACT.
In fact her behaviour in the bedroom shows she was into it (well until she remembers to be a aggressive-passive tsundere lunatic) .

"why cleaned"?
to look more appealing to her (not so) secret crush, obviously
GenjuroooFeb 28, 2021 4:12 PM
Feb 28, 2021 4:00 PM
May 2012
Himeee03 said:

There is where you are mistaken

brazileirobrFeb 28, 2021 4:06 PM
Feb 28, 2021 4:01 PM
Jun 2019
Genjurooo said:
Himeee03 said:

NO HE DOESN'T know! He just assumes because of previous dialogue with both her mother and later with her father, but NOWHERE IT IS SHOWN AS FACT.
In fact her behaviour in the bedroom shows she was into it.

"why cleaned"?
to look more appealing to her (not so) secret crush, obviously

How is she going to have lingerie if her parents didnt give to her
Feb 28, 2021 4:05 PM

Mar 2011
Himeee03 said:

How is she going to have lingerie if her parents didnt give to her

From her own wardrobe of rich noble daughter.
Feb 28, 2021 4:07 PM
Aug 2011
Doiben said:
Alphaz said:

I get what you're saying as i've felt uncomfortable myself on a few occassions, but arguably your last few sentences which describe todays episode are a bit incorrect. I mean it's very hard to not notice that Eris started to get fond of him few episodes ago. And the way she acted this episode is clear that she's even fine marrying him eventually. Like when they mentioned marriage first she didn't deny anything just said it's too early. The dirty stuff at such young age is a bit uncomfortable, but this particular one wasn't that big of a deal, after all Eris does seem somewhat okay with it.

One main thing a lot of people are forgetting is that it's a story about fantasy world. This is not bound by the same rules that you live in your real life, for gods sake Paul is having children with two different women in their household. There's hundreds of old-fashion rules from middle ages in this series.

Yes indeed it's a world with different rules, what he tried to do isn't illegal or even morally wrong from that world's perspective per say, however 1 Rudeus has the mind of an adult and that makes the situation a little more uncomfortable and 2 Scenes like this break the flow of an otherwise amazing show imo. I feel it goes a tad bit far, and that makes it hard to recommend it to my friends. I would be much happier if they kept the lewd scenes for Ghisglaine and the other adult characters. Edit: Try showing this clip to someone who is not familiar with anime and see their reaction.

Yeah, i get your point and why a lot of people are uncomfortable about those scenes. Arguably his past life is not one that would make him a grown-up mentally so i guess that's why i'm giving it benefit of the doubt.

I think they're willing to put a lot of triggers, there's a lot of sexual scenes in the series, some of them are bound to not appeal to everyone. I felt uncomfortable on a few scenes prior to this one, like the one he tried to take her panties when she was sleeping, that was mega weird to me. But considering the fantasy/middle-age period and Eris clearly falling for him and being okay with most of it, this ep was alright.

Well, considering how they keep fast-pacing through years i'm expecting the story won't revolve much around Rudeus as a child.
Feb 28, 2021 4:12 PM
Dec 2018
deg said:
skysurf said:

of course, I agree, there clearly is a problem in certain circles of the otaku world, I was just clarifying that implying things like "Japan is ok with this" is overgeneralizing.

There's a reason why Japanese diehard lolicon otaku usually keep that stuff for themselves...

cultures are not a hive mind anyway its just the social norm

Is Japan turning a blind eye to paedophilia?
Another customer tells Stacey, “the age gap thing for some people is off-putting but, in Japan, maybe it’s our culture - our attitude is quite different”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/57eaaf23-0cef-48c8-961f-41f2563b38aa

lets not forget about the sex culture there in japan too

sure sexual assault is problematic in japan but that is because of lack of consent right

Thanks for the article. Good read.
Even though it's easy to go to Akihabara and write an article about questionable stuff happening around the otaku culture, I agree that currently the legal system could do much better to help with the problem. Still rather lax.

Mind you, the story of Mushoku Tensei was originally written before Japan banned child pornography posession in 2014, so things may be slowly changing.

Those issues also exist in America:

L0sMichal0s said:
Japan is one of the top 5 countries in the world with lowest % of child abuse/rape

Source?
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Feb 28, 2021 4:20 PM
Sep 2019
He gets better.
Does he become a saint? No, does it take a long long time before it's better? Yes.

I can completely understand not liking the show because of him, it's a majour character flaw and is suppose to be something we actively hate about him.

Does this show disgusting depiction and objectification of woman? Yes, does that mean your are not allowed to enjoy it? No, though it is nice if you are able to look at it and understand the terrible depiction of woman in it.

It's a good story with excellent production that pushes the character flaw a little to far but is better then the bland perfect nice guy saint that is flanderization of isekai heroes that came after this story (the light novel was one of the earlier ones).

This series is one of those that I watch because I read the LN, I want to enjoy the story over again but I can't recommend to anyone. So all in all I don't blame a lot of people for not wanting to watch it.
It would probably be better if they cut back MC"s perversion by about 30%.
VouruFeb 28, 2021 4:23 PM
Feb 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Nov 2013
Himeee03 said:
The guy literally mirrors real life sociopaths.
How?

Himeee03 said:
Rob Stark makes one mistake to marry the girl he loved instead of who he was was forced to marry. This led to his death. Actions have consequences. Yet rudeus just gripes women with no consequences
This isn't a Game of Thrones and groping someone (who already has a crush on you) is not going to get you killed.

L0sMichal0s said:

One slight detail - *reported* abuse.
You all need to watch Nami.

Feb 28, 2021 4:30 PM
Jun 2019
Vouru said:
He gets better.
Does he become a saint? No, does it take a long long time before it's better? Yes.

I can completely understand not liking the show because of him, it's a majour character flaw and is suppose to be something we actively hate about him.

Does this show disgusting depiction and objectification of woman? Yes, does that mean your are not allowed to enjoy it? No, though it is nice if you are able to look at it and understand the terrible depiction of woman in it.

It's a good story with excellent production that pushes the character flaw a little to far but is better then the bland perfect nice guy saint that is flanderization of isekai heroes that came after this story (the light novel was one of the earlier ones).

This series is one of those that I watch because I read the LN, I want to enjoy the story over again but I can't recommend to anyone. So all in all I don't blame a lot of people for not wanting to watch it.

The problem i find, is that compared to other isekais this could easily one of the best, and i could recently to a friend like rezero. But this show really reminds me, that isekai gotta ve isekai and has awful fanservice. If i ever recommended this show at ep 1 to a friend who doesnt watch anime id feel embrassed, but this couldve been a very good gateway anime unlike all other bland isekai
Feb 28, 2021 4:32 PM
Jun 2019
abystoma2 said:
Himeee03 said:
The guy literally mirrors real life sociopaths.
How?

Himeee03 said:
Rob Stark makes one mistake to marry the girl he loved instead of who he was was forced to marry. This led to his death. Actions have consequences. Yet rudeus just gripes women with no consequences
This isn't a Game of Thrones and groping someone (who already has a crush on you) is not going to get you killed.

L0sMichal0s said:

One slight detail - *reported* abuse.

My point is that he has made the same mistake multiple with times, and in got rob makes 1 mistake and leads to his death - bare in mind he way literally the main character and him paying the prove led to the most iconic deaths in tv history
Feb 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
Himeee03 said:

My point is that he has made the same mistake multiple with times, and in got rob makes 1 mistake and leads to his death - bare in mind he way literally the main character and him paying the prove led to the most iconic deaths in tv history

I don't understand why do you keep to comparing this to Game of Thrones, this is nothing like Game of Thrones. They are both fantasy but that's it.

"literally the main character"
Nah. Main cast, maybe, but GoT doesn't have a single protagonist, so again, not a valid comparation. Rob is pratically closer to being a side character.

Feb 28, 2021 4:38 PM
Jun 2019
abystoma2 said:
Himeee03 said:

I don't understand why do you keep to comparing this to Game of Thrones, this is nothing like Game of Thrones. They are both fantasy but that's it.

Nah. Main cast, maybe, but GoT doesn't have a single protagonist, so again, not a valid comparation. Rob is pratically closer to being a side character.

No man, at the start you said i dony read fiction so i chose the most popular fiction fantasy show - GOT, and showed how he paid the price for his 1 mistake - good writing. Rudeus - makes sames mistake over and over again no repercussions
Feb 28, 2021 4:38 PM
May 2020
Himeee03 said:
Let me start of saying, that I understand that any criticism of this show instantly makes you a "crybaby", and a "snowflake", and I would also like to say that Ive seen plenty of ugly bast**** 18+ anime, however none of these shows have made me feel as uncomfortable as this show.
Its weird that rudeus is generally a likeable intelligent character, and had potential to be one of the better isekai protagonists. However i cant help to feel that rudeus has sociopathic tendencies. When rudeus took off slyviette clothing, i found it uncomfortable but i felt by the end, he had learned his lesson, however he does the same thing again to red head tsundere which shows that he in fact didn't was borderline about to rap**** her. Which makes it weirder to me, is that he showed no remorse and only regretted being found out instead of the action of stripping her. In the latest ep a similar scenario happens, he was prepared to have sex with her. At the surface is doesnt seem weird however rudeus is shown to be very emotionally intelligent, and logics that she is there because her father told to be there. Knowing this information, that was essentially forced by her family to be with rudeus and yet he still makes advances on her, makes me uncomfortable as rudeus understands what hes doing is wrong but still does it. The guy is literally a sociopath.

ok so don't watch the show, simple as that. the MC is clearly not for you.
Feb 28, 2021 4:41 PM
Jun 2019
yourgloominmay said:
Himeee03 said:
Let me start of saying, that I understand that any criticism of this show instantly makes you a "crybaby", and a "snowflake", and I would also like to say that Ive seen plenty of ugly bast**** 18+ anime, however none of these shows have made me feel as uncomfortable as this show.

ok so don't watch the show, simple as that. the MC is clearly not for you.

Did you read what i said, i said i like the show. However that doesnt mean because i critize rudeus actions, and lack of reprocrussions i should drop the show
Feb 28, 2021 4:43 PM

Nov 2013
Himeee03 said:
abystoma2 said:

No man, at the start you said i dony read fiction so i chose the most popular fiction fantasy show - GOT, and showed how he paid the price for his 1 mistake - good writing. Rudeus - makes sames mistake over and over again no repercussions

"showed how he paid the price for his 1 mistake - good writing"
That's not how this works.

You're comparing apples to oranges. The scales of the mistakes are like comparing choosing a wrong career for life and losing a match of chess.

Feb 28, 2021 4:43 PM
Apr 2020
juniorrrbello said:

I see a lot of people postign stuff like this guy. They try to defend the MC but let me make something cear. THE ANIME OVER ALL IS NOT BAD but the anime happensa arround the MC an in this case the mc is a +40 years old guy that is literally trying to fuch 10 year old kids and if u that are reading this still thinks he is a good mc for the anime I think you sould ask your self if your life is going well

There is a big difference between an adult anime and a gross anime. Its awesome to see such a great animated anime. Again its ovious that tere is a great deal of fan service to hook the pervs. Imagine this anime but instead of a fucked up mc a guy that, for example, isnt interested in 10 year old kids or in his mother and wants to explore and discover the new world rather than building a harem for fan service. That would be way better.
(I wanna make clear that I get that this hole anime thing is very subjective but to be onest the fact that the mc is disgusting is a fucking objective observation for Gods shake dont defend this stile of mc.)
TunekaleneFeb 28, 2021 4:55 PM
Feb 28, 2021 4:47 PM
Sep 2019
Himeee03 said:
Vouru said:
He gets better.

The problem i find, is that compared to other isekais this could easily one of the best, and i could recently to a friend like rezero. But this show really reminds me, that isekai gotta ve isekai and has awful fanservice. If i ever recommended this show at ep 1 to a friend who doesnt watch anime id feel embrassed, but this couldve been a very good gateway anime unlike all other bland isekai

agreed, if Jobless reincarnation was one of the first isekais that set most of the tropes that later isekai flanderizaed then Re:Zero is the subversion of the newer flanderizaed isekais.
Feb 28, 2021 5:03 PM
Apr 2020
Malufeenho said:
man when i see a thread like this i almost feel the need to spoiler everything... Ok. Rudeus being a pervy is part of his old world mindset. It's not because he have a new life that his old world bad habits will go away. It took roxy to break his fears of leaving house. He is a 40 years old virgin and at this point a 50 year old so it not suprise he tries to push his chances but as his character grows he becomes less and less of a pervy... and Eris help him a lot on this.

It takes him a lot to improve very little. And is true that he acts acording to his past but that past is also part of how the mc is created. Its not a excuse to make it like that. Is as simple as changin the background to. Y like the show but I think it could had been better 😭.
Feb 28, 2021 5:05 PM
Jul 2016
Lets not try and act like this isn't a 'technical' way for pedo's to achieve a fantasy without breaking laws.

As in they got together and said: Well we can do, and show this, because technically it isn't illegal because he's reborn into a kids body.

You'll have to defy your own logic or lack it to think anything other.

I absolutely hate it and i hate that minus that awful shit its extremely interesting as a story. 'Snowflake' doesnt apply to this, this show is literally edging the very borders of morality.
Its the author+studio that presented the plot for us to follow of "a 35+ year old pedo reincarnated into in a kids body and did what legally couldnt do before."

If you repeated that description to a stranger which is 100% accurate and not a misrepresentation, you would not be surprised if the response was negative or in disgust. The show is fukin with peoples morals and i dont know how much more people are willing to take. I hope that they will listen to audience feedback and discard those scenes.

to any one who disagrees id ask: if raising your concern makes the studio discard those scenes would you voice it or would you rather them keep those scenes in?

Depending on your answer i can know who im talking to lmao
Feb 28, 2021 5:16 PM
Jan 2021
ItsBritneyBitch said:
Lets not try and act like this isn't a 'technical' way for pedo's to achieve a fantasy without breaking laws.

As in they got together and said: Well we can do, and show this, because technically it isn't illegal because he's reborn into a kids body.

You'll have to defy your own logic or lack it to think anything other.

I absolutely hate it and i hate that minus that awful shit its extremely interesting as a story. 'Snowflake' doesnt apply to this, this show is literally edging the very borders of morality.
Its the author+studio that presented the plot for us to follow of "a 35+ year old pedo reincarnated into in a kids body and did what legally couldnt do before."

If you repeated that description to a stranger which is 100% accurate and not a misrepresentation, you would not be surprised if the response was negative or in disgust. The show is fukin with peoples morals and i dont know how much more people are willing to take. I hope that they will listen to audience feedback and discard those scenes.

to any one who disagrees id ask: if raising your concern makes the studio discard those scenes would you voice it or would you rather them keep those scenes in?

Depending on your answer i can know who im talking to lmao

I feel like this series is meant to be binged rather than watched one by one. It's easy to judge that Rudy's basically a scumbag these first 8 episodes. Then again, they have 24 volumes to work with so I would expect the character development to be slow, even if we have to watch Pedo Rudy for this long. Yes, I would keep those scenes in. Some may think they're played off as comedic, but I think that they're just to show how much of an ass Rudy is. He's a lustful scumbag who'll jump at every opportunity, & he also doesn't take the world seriously at all. He's living in a safespace & is traumatized when he sees the kidnapper in episode 5 getting decapitated. Restating the question, are those "Pedo" scenes worth it? There's no true answer for that, given the full story for season 1 hasn't been laid out yet.

I'm not watching the series because of Rudy, but because of the exceptionally world building & animation. I just wanna see more dragons because they're cool af.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

298 by Kkkkkkazu »»
Jun 2, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by PEEWEEjames »»
May 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.