Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2020 7:44 PM
Apr 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
chiakimagoto said:
I only recently started shipping them when he started training with her, she going to his house, visa versa. So damn cute!!!! I feel Arata is very much himself with Shinobu....and Shinobu with him. Funny how he sees right through her little arrogant ways, snickering when he sees her do that.

There is another thing going through n in the manga and it has to do with physical contact....well these 2 easily touch eachother in the cutest way!!!
Noo don't tease me, I'll have to read the manga if I know things happened between them. I agree I feel like Arata is very natural when he's with Shinobu.

Funny how he sees right through her little arrogant ways, snickering when he sees her do that.

I feeeeel you on that!! XD Shinobu is always in her own bubble, maybe Arata can bring her out of it or share that bubble with her <3

Kipo0007 said:
To be Honest Shinobu and Arata have more rivalry friendly relationship. I mean most from Shinobus side, since arata has been the only she has never been able to beat in her life.
and Arata just respects her as a fellow karuta player.friennd and as the queen. They have their fun moments as friends but thats about it nothing special from either perspective.
It's hard to see them just as friend, the way things are portrayed needlessly cute between them. Either it's gonna be sibling-like or hopefully romantic!

Well its not anything romantic even up in the manga, so yea you can say sibling like cute relationship i guess, she just wants to be stronger enough to beat him like a kid, thats all on her mind xD
Mar 19, 2020 8:02 PM

Nov 2007
1Kyo said:
Definitely Chihaya x Arata. They are perfect together. Arata is the only character I could imagine going out with Chihaya, and Chihaya is the only one for Arata. Taichi is simply too... "normal". He doesn't share this irrational karuta obsession that Chihaya and Arata have. Instead, he is obsessed with Chihaya.

I always liked Arata as a character and never understood why people didn't like him as much as I did. His important rule in combination with his absence made him feel more special and mysterious. I rejoice every time I get to see him and appreciate every second he is on screen. And he personifies the image of the most ideal karuta player in my eyes.

Truth.

Kipo0007 said:
To be Honest Shinobu and Arata have more rivalry friendly relationship. I mean most from Shinobus side, since arata has been the only she has never been able to beat in her life.
and Arata just respects her as a fellow karuta player.friennd and as the queen. They have their fun moments as friends but thats about it nothing special from either perspective.

The one Shinobu-chan looks closer to is actually Suou-meijin.

Speaking of relationships, what happened to the @ sensei in twitter several months back from one of the japanese fans asking whether *Hanano-chan has any role to play in helping Taichi get to like Chihaya again* when she completely brushed it off? It felt a bit awkward as if someone hit the nail? I saw similar reactions from other authors when readers actually read ahead of the story. It's more annoying that I cannot seem to find the tweet anymore. =_="

So, my guesses are:

Guess 1: *Hanano-chan will try to bring Taichi's fading feelings return for Chihaya whether it's by telling him something or just dating him on a trial basis (we know Taichi is a Chad and someone who does "Trial" dating LMAO)*

or

Guess 2: *Hanano-chan has been slowly made into someone worthy of Taichi's affections. The moments like confronting Taichi's demonic mother (which I will say the first real moment when Taichi-mama started to change), allowing Taichi to break out of his cowardice and confess to Chihaya (no one could give him such a push - not even Kana-chan) and behind the scenes, her taking responsibility of the club left to die down after the departures of Taichi and Chihaya.*

It's not over and either of the guesses may come true. I am leaning more towards the second guess though.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 19, 2020 8:45 PM
Apr 2018
shanimebib said:
1Kyo said:
Definitely Chihaya x Arata. They are perfect together. Arata is the only character I could imagine going out with Chihaya, and Chihaya is the only one for Arata. Taichi is simply too... "normal". He doesn't share this irrational karuta obsession that Chihaya and Arata have. Instead, he is obsessed with Chihaya.

I always liked Arata as a character and never understood why people didn't like him as much as I did. His important rule in combination with his absence made him feel more special and mysterious. I rejoice every time I get to see him and appreciate every second he is on screen. And he personifies the image of the most ideal karuta player in my eyes.

Truth.

Kipo0007 said:

The one Shinobu-chan looks closer to is actually Suou-meijin.

Speaking of relationships, what happened to the @ sensei in twitter several months back from one of the japanese fans asking whether *Hanano-chan has any role to play in helping Taichi get to like Chihaya again* when she completely brushed it off? It felt a bit awkward as if someone hit the nail? I saw similar reactions from other authors when readers actually read ahead of the story. It's more annoying that I cannot seem to find the tweet anymore. =_="

So, my guesses are:

Guess 1: *Hanano-chan will try to bring Taichi's fading feelings return for Chihaya whether it's by telling him something or just dating him on a trial basis (we know Taichi is a Chad and someone who does "Trial" dating LMAO)*

or

Guess 2: *Hanano-chan has been slowly made into someone worthy of Taichi's affections. The moments like confronting Taichi's demonic mother (which I will say the first real moment when Taichi-mama started to change), allowing Taichi to break out of his cowardice and confess to Chihaya (no one could give him such a push - not even Kana-chan) and behind the scenes, her taking responsibility of the club left to die down after the departures of Taichi and Chihaya.*

It's not over and either of the guesses may come true. I am leaning more towards the second guess though.

Hmm if thats the case how about Shinobu x Suo ? xD JK

But in all seriousness 2nd one would actually make more sense.
Thoughts * Really dont want Taichi going all through that ordeal for his feelings again after he is slowly being happy again and finding himself. As for Hanano no kidding, that girl understands taichi more than anyone and supports him so hard even against his mother. Also if you recall she and taichi's mom are hanging out casually, getting to know each other, you never know it just might work out at the end * :)
Mar 20, 2020 12:22 AM

Oct 2012
I don't know if Arata and Shinobu will ever be a thing, but she does have a certain "possessiveness" and "protectiveness" for him. In a cute but very determined way! I could actually think she's crushing on him. And they look terribly cute together.

Shinobu and Suou ain't my thing..... I just think their birds of the same flock, they care for eachother in their own weird way. They understand the loneliness of being up there, on top of Mount Fuji. And are waiting......

As for Arata and Chihaya.....is never was my cup of tea. But if they end up together can it really be at the finals??....that seems so meh. I mean really.....at least a timeskip with true every day stuff but as is stands, it feels like a bubble that could burst any moment.

I prefer the guy that loves her for her "Baka wide open mouth" than her beautiful hakama.
Mar 20, 2020 1:18 PM
Nov 2015
Johnny-Jay said:
Does no one care about Chihaya? I don't understand how anyone would want to see her and Taichi end together considering how disrespectful he has been to her all this time. He lied to her, he did a lot of things behind her back and he's fighting Arata over Chihaya like she's a trophy. He's your typical "nice guy" full of insecurities who thinks he's gonna be rewarded if he stays close enough to his target. Don't get me wrong, Taichi is a very well-written and believable character, but that doesn't make him less of an ass. I mean for Christ's sake, the guy pretended to be Chihaya's boyfriend so Suo would stay away from her, that's just awful, he had no right to do that.

Personally I just want Chihaya to find someone to play karuta with, this is her passion and I don't think she needs more than that right now. It's kinda annoying how love is always supposed to be the ultimate goal for an anime character, especially female ones.
well Chihaya still cares about Taichi alot and vice verse and sure taichi has made mistakes bigs ones but he has only been mean to her in regards to her impulsive as opposed to his feelings until recently ofcourse. And Arata at the beginning of the series was also mean to Chihaya. Chihaya has also been very forceful with Taichi tryong to get him into kurata and wasnt really respectful for that.

Fighting over her like a trophy? I understand the issue of this if he treated her like an object and was only attracted to her based on looks but it isnt its predicated on the fact that Chihaya is obsessed with kurata and one of the primary impetus for playing kurata and one of the ways to gain her affection is to be good at Kurata and play with her in the same way Arata did.

How was pretending to be her boyfriend awful, no one was troubled by that or hurt by it the only person in some sort of state of emotional duress was taichi as he was dealing with an insecurity through a lie associated with wish fulfillment that he has a feeling that can never be true.

Why do people want taichi and chihaya end up together? There could be a number of reasons but some of them are, that it is a matter childhood friend and friendzoned syndrome, having both of these for a character makes it easier to sympathize with, his feelings for Chihaya have existed long before Aratas and they were never reciprocated and then Arata comes into picture while he still has a crush on her and they seems to develop feelings for one another and easily reciprocate eachothers feelings. Another could be that throughout Taichi has arguably made more sacrifices for the sake of Chihaya. The only reason he plays kurata is cause Chihaya made him and he did cause Chihaya needed someone to play and in his kurata journey he has only had heartache and disappointment and him being unable win chihaya heart just adds more salt on the wound in that nothing he wanted to work out for him in Kurata , winning games or winning over chihaya. So its easier to sympathize with him than Arata whom everything seems to working out for him except for his grandfather's death but from that low point everything seems to be on the rise for him.

Ofcourse people care about chihayas feelings but people also care about Taichi feelings as well. I don't think anyone is saying that Chihaya has an obligation to be romantic with Taichi if they are they are wrong. Chihaya being with taichi isnt a bad thing as he cares about her as well and vice versa.

I do agree that i would prefer that the story ends with none of them being a couple and that they all just enjoy playing kurata. But you incorrect in saying that love being the ultimate goal for anime characters especially female ones , love is ultimate for a male and female characters as you generally need two people for love in a romantic sense to exist. People or audience do generally like to the characters they care about fall in love as it possibly the strongest emotion humans can experience and seeing a character that they care develop those feelings is very heartwarming and uplifting.

I also agree love doesn't have to be the ultimate goal for story but why is love being the ultimate goal for the story such a bad thing, which is more admirable honestly carrying out actions for the sake of someone else's or carrying out actions for the sake of only yourself.
Black_Sheep97Mar 20, 2020 1:48 PM
Mar 20, 2020 9:49 PM

Jan 2020
I prefer anyone with Chihaya instead of Arata
Mar 21, 2020 1:44 AM
Apr 2018
chiakimagoto said:
I don't know if Arata and Shinobu will ever be a thing, but she does have a certain "possessiveness" and "protectiveness" for him. In a cute but very determined way! I could actually think she's crushing on him. And they look terribly cute together.

Shinobu and Suou ain't my thing..... I just think their birds of the same flock, they care for eachother in their own weird way. They understand the loneliness of being up there, on top of Mount Fuji. And are waiting......

As for Arata and Chihaya.....is never was my cup of tea. But if they end up together can it really be at the finals??....that seems so meh. I mean really.....at least a timeskip with true every day stuff but as is stands, it feels like a bubble that could burst any moment.

I prefer the guy that loves her for her "Baka wide open mouth" than her beautiful hakama.

I dont think shinobu has ever shown possessiveness over him, its just she wants to accomplish the task of finally beating him for once and doesnt want him losing to others before that, she has that respect for him. And not even a sign or hint of crushing or anything feeling of that sort, look cute together? sure, thats something ive noticed as well.
I was just joking about suo and shinobu, they just relate with each other given their positions and background, thats a good bond they share.
As for chihaya and arata its pretty much speculating after the finals and looking good so far and the day he starts living in tokyo right next to her, things are definitely gonna go up a notch.

Everything started with both of them in that city and maybe it is destined it will end there as well.
I prefer the guy who gave her the hope of dreams when she had nothing going for herself and loves for who she is and how she plays & cherishes the karuta they both love.
Mar 21, 2020 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
Well I prefer the guy that stood by her side and helped her reach that dream..... especially since she found out that team dynamics is what she really loves about karuta, thus her future plans for being an advisor/teacher being inspired by their 2 years of Mizusawa team. I also like how Chihaya didn't hesitate to ask serious advice from Taichi for what she should do, convincing her mother.

I have a feeling that she still needs his support to do her best in the end.
Anyways we'll see which kind of love Sensei really likes.

She could easily make different endings and they both would be more than plausible, lol.
chiakimagotoMar 21, 2020 5:39 AM
Mar 21, 2020 10:47 AM
Apr 2018
chiakimagoto said:
Well I prefer the guy that stood by her side and helped her reach that dream..... especially since she found out that team dynamics is what she really loves about karuta, thus her future plans for being an advisor/teacher being inspired by their 2 years of Mizusawa team. I also like how Chihaya didn't hesitate to ask serious advice from Taichi for what she should do, convincing her mother.

I have a feeling that she still needs his support to do her best in the end.
Anyways we'll see which kind of love Sensei really likes.

She could easily make different endings and they both would be more than plausible, lol.

She loves the team dynamics for sure, but doesnt change her ultimate dream of being the strongest in the world.Also Arata made a team after being inspired from her and transformed from a strict solo player. Shows how much they both affect each other.
Yea she asked taichi because he is smart in these matters to be honest, he thinks from a rational point of view and she even thanked him later for helping her out.
He is a great support for her no doubt.

To be honest as much i want everyone to be happy, different endings wouldnt really cut it out, especially for the viewers, it would be a half hearted of a ending.
But yea we'll see.
Mar 21, 2020 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
Black_Sheep97 said:
well Chihaya still cares about Taichi alot and vice verse and sure taichi has made mistakes bigs ones but he has only been mean to her in regards to her impulsive as opposed to his feelings until recently ofcourse. And Arata at the beginning of the series was also mean to Chihaya. Chihaya has also been very forceful with Taichi tryong to get him into kurata and wasnt really respectful for that.

Chihaya is very pure and straightforward so even though she can be forceful, Taichi can still say no to her if he wants. On the other hand, he does things behind her back and hurts her by being sneaky and secretive.

Fighting over her like a trophy? I understand the issue of this if he treated her like an object and was only attracted to her based on looks but it isnt its predicated on the fact that Chihaya is obsessed with kurata and one of the primary impetus for playing kurata and one of the ways to gain her affection is to be good at Kurata and play with her in the same way Arata did.

It's more than getting close to Chihaya through karuta, Taichi thinks he needs to beat Arata in order to win Chihaya's heart.

How was pretending to be her boyfriend awful, no one was troubled by that or hurt by it the only person in some sort of state of emotional duress was taichi as he was dealing with an insecurity through a lie associated with wish fulfillment that he has a feeling that can never be true.

The dude is possessive as hell with a girl he's not even dating. What if someone was interested in you and I went and tell them to back off, would you be happy with that? Taichi simply had no right to interfere in Suo and Chihaya's relationship.

-----------

Shinobu x Chihaya would be fun.
Mar 21, 2020 11:02 AM
Apr 2018
Johnny-Jay said:
Black_Sheep97 said:

Chihaya is very pure and straightforward so even though she can be forceful, Taichi can still say no to her if he wants. On the other hand, he does things behind her back and hurts her by being sneaky and secretive.

It's more than getting close to Chihaya through karuta, Taichi thinks he needs to beat Arata in order to win Chihaya's heart.

The dude is possessive as hell with a girl he's not even dating. What if someone was interested in you and I went and tell them to back off, would you be happy with that? Taichi simply had no right to interfere in Suo and Chihaya's relationship.

-----------

Shinobu x Chihaya would be fun.

Shinobu x chihaya huh. I see you are a person of culture xD
Apr 26, 2020 11:32 AM
Jan 2016
I prefer the person who was by Chihaya's side all along and supported her throughout almost everything. Taichi gave up all the things he was good at just to support Chihaya's dream, imagine someone doing that much for you?
On the other hand, I can't for the life of me see how just a few days hours of contact each tournament can make a relationship grow. Relationships are all about being together and supporting each other through hardships.

I'd love if Chihaya ends up with Taichi, and Arata fulfills his dream of being Meijin.
May 11, 2020 9:00 AM

Mar 2009
I think (unpopular opinion) Taichi is just rich, toxic jerk, thinking only about himself and his feelings.
Also, he allowed himself into friendzone and act like a little child just because, he is seen as a friend, after a decade of... being friend.

Arata is a hardworking genius, but also is shy, and not talking honestly witch Chichaya is something that makes him look bad in my eyes.
May 16, 2020 6:52 PM
Nov 2015
This is a serious mess, i support taichi as a character since he has been growing so much , his character developmemt make him relatable + he has been suppoting and helping chihaya FOR SO LONG, that is normal people root for him, as i do.

However chihaya doesnt care about that, in her mind is only karuta + sometimes Arata, there is not Room for taichi in her simple mind. She even ask hIM to not leave KNOWING his feelings for her, thats just cruel, but hey since she is naive and airhaid is ok, right? Right​? NO! ... Thats why i feel chihaya is not normal enought for taichi ... She is just a karuta nerd that fit wonderfull with Arata.

Taichi is loved by the fandom, and Araya fans can not pretend we choose wrong by looking him.
Arata is a nice Guy, thats It, where are his struggles ? His goals, his sadness, where are the things that we see and conect with taichi ?
Nope, Arata and chihaya go thought Life doing what they like withouth any Major struggle that simple humans that take so much trouble to achive can not relate

Mangaka wasnt even planning on having taichi as a male lead, he was a support character that for some reason (mangaka words) keep on writing and fans like him
Is obvious arata is end game, at least mangaka is force by the fandom (taichi is mega popular in Japan too) ....

FOR ME ! me, the best ending was chihaya alone or with any other Guy being Happy playing karuta( as she always do) while taichi find a girl Who can read a room and love him back for what he is instead of only his looks and arata... Well is hard to say arata Will find another woman Who love a karuta nerd, besides other karuta player... For real taichi can find another girl.... Chihaya and arata personality only fit another karuta players, for real lol
May 17, 2020 8:07 PM
May 2020
Tbvh, I don't understand Taichi sympathizers at all. I don't like him one bit, not from the second I started watching the anime. My dislike for him isn't about Chihaya, it's about him as a person. To me, Taichi is still a bully, and he treats Chihaya like she's his property. He likes to think that he knows her very well, and knows what she wants. Which is why he frequently grabs her and yells at her. Also keeping information that Arata wanted Chihaya to have from her simply because he didn't want her to know, like what gives him the right? His reactions to her affection for Arata is so ugly. And I think my biggest issue with him is how he is with Arata. Taichi has to be the fakest friend to ever exist.
He has sooo many negative feelings towards Arata, mostly because of how Chihaya feels about him. And that makes no sense to me because it's not even Arata's fault that Chihaya looks up to him that much. He doesn't care about any one but himself, I don't even think he cares for Chihaya that deeply. Taichi is also a coward. I was immensely irritated when he told Suo that he's her boyfriend. One guy told her he loved her, while the other guy is telling lies about being her boyfriend. The choice really should be obvious. Arata is more emotionally mature than Taichi, and actually might be a better person. Arata would never have lied to Chihaya about participating in tournaments, and the fact that Taichi did that frequently is a big tell on his character. I just don't like him as a person, which is why I cannot see him as a viable option for Chihaya. I would rather see her end up with Sudo than with Taichi fr.
And as for people who don't really like Arata, I suppose it's understandable. He has barely gotten any attention or character development in the entire series. We watched his Karuta skills develop, and we watched him finally admit to himself and to Chihaya how he feels. But we haven't really had the chance to see him as a person, the way we have seen Taichi. Even Shinobu had more character development than Arata, and she's barely even a main character. This is why I'm so glad that Arata is finally moving back to Tokyo. This will give Suetsugu a chance to properly develop his character. We need to understand his emotions more, and also his drive. He needs more screen time, and hopefully his move to Tokyo will give him that.
As for Chihaya, her own growth has been extremely slow but quite significant. She no longer only sees Karuta, but sees other things now. She's aware of her future, and of her dreams. Yeah, she's lacking a bit in the romance department, but we can work with that. All she needs is a few conversations with a few friends and she'll be able to understand how she really feels about both Arata and Taichi. I actually think it's more important to grow her intellect than her love life, because she needs to be smarter and more strategic if she wants to become the Queen. She needs to have a strong desire besides Karuta, and I'm really glad she's serious about her future. I mean she missed a chance at challenging the queen for her future career. Younger Chihaya would've never done that.
So I guess I'm glad to see the main characters grow, even Taichi. But before Taichi can ever be with Chihaya, he needs to learn what it means to truly love someone. Because right now, his love for Chihaya is more about winning her than it is about really loving her, and that's just not someone you should want your beloved main character to end up with fr.
P.S. sorry for the lengthy post 🙈
May 18, 2020 2:58 AM

May 2013
Everyone who supports Arata x Chihaya and hates Taichi obvious hasn't read or caught up to the manga yet. Just you wait. Taichi will SHINE!!
May 18, 2020 8:48 AM

Oct 2019
BeatStriker said:
Everyone who supports Arata x Chihaya and hates Taichi obvious hasn't read or caught up to the manga yet. Just you wait. Taichi will SHINE!!

Except that a lot of us have read the manga, and we are still staying loyal to our ship.
May 18, 2020 3:48 PM
May 2020
Fionavar said:
BeatStriker said:

Except that a lot of us have read the manga, and we are still staying loyal to our ship.

WORD! Say it again sista!
May 20, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2012
BeatStriker said:

Yeah , so true!!!! Taichi changed so much!! He becomes a bigger man!! Someone who went way out of his comfort zone!
May 20, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2013
wondergirl5 said:
Fionavar said:

Being loyal to a ship is one thing, but talking trash about Taichi while he completely changed himself makes it look like you haven't read the manga. This is why Taichi's fanbase is bigger than Arata's fanbase. It's because of these Arata's fanboys who talk sh*t about Taichi when they don't know about him. The only thing they can think of is Taichi's bad ways at the first half of the mangas. As a matter of fact, currently in the manga, I think Taichi is a better person than Arata right now. Oh my, how the tides have turn :)

May 20, 2020 10:39 PM
May 2020
BeatStriker said:

Being loyal to a ship is one thing, but talking trash about Taichi while he completely changed himself makes it look like you haven't read the manga. This is why Taichi's fanbase is bigger than Arata's fanbase. It's because of these Arata's fanboys who talk sh*t about Taichi when they don't know about him. The only thing they can think of is Taichi's bad ways at the first half of the mangas. As a matter of fact, currently in the manga, I think Taichi is a better person than Arata right now. Oh my, how the tides have turn :)

Well I haven't read the manga. I started with the anime, and now can't bring myself to read the manga. This forum in under the anime anyway, so...
But I'm not "talking sh*t" about Taichi, I'm stating simple facts. He did every single one of those things I mentioned, and as I said in my previous comment, my dislike for Taichi isn't about being loyal to my ship. I still wouldn't like him even if he wasn't one of Chihaya's love interests. He's a bad friend, and quite immature. That's why I'm so confident that even if I do read the manga, I'll still feel the same way about Taichi. But if you're right and he does become a better person later on in the manga, then I'm looking forward to seeing that in the anime. But he has fallen so low in my eyes that it's gonna take a lot for him to redeem himself enough for me to prefer him over Arata.
wondergirl5May 20, 2020 10:42 PM
May 21, 2020 11:05 PM

Oct 2019
BeatStriker said:
wondergirl5 said:

Oh dear.. No ones ever talked trash about Taichi lol. He can be a great character, still doesnt have to mean we have to like him tho. But I love that mentality of Taichi fans about how everyones sooo evil and always poking fun at them. Maybe they should sometimes look into the mirror.
May 25, 2020 5:51 AM

Jul 2012
There is a bit of toxicity in this thread. Yikes!

So, I'm back after catching up with the anime. I have yet to read any further in the manga.

I stay as a Taichi shipper. I have always shipped Taichi with Chihaya and that has never changed. Although, I wouldn't mind if Arata and Chihaya was the endgame either. This anime/manga series is incredible and amazing regardless of which couple is endgame lol.

That scene in the 2nd last episode was so well done, despite being heartbreaking to watch. I feel like there is more effort put into the Taichi x Chihaya scenes rather than Arata x Chihaya, but that is a personal opinion.

As people have seen in Hirunaka no Ryuusei, a first love can easily change just like that. I see Taichi as our secondary male lead rather than first. Chihaya has always had her eye on Arata but never saw Taichi more than a friend. I believe she can fall in love with Taichi if the mangaka wants that to happen.
May 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Oct 2010
Uhm, my first answer would be Taichi x Chihaya, but in the end I just want a happy end for the character I care for the most, doesn't matter with who or how and if Chihaya should be the endgame for him or not.

Arata x Chihaya with the current knowledge I have about the characters is just a platonic romance and it can't be further because they don't know each other and have never cared to.

I see that people call Taichi jealous and he is, and he is aware, and he doesn't act in his own jealousy impulses. He is far from a perfect human being but he has never acted inappropriate towards Chihaya or Arata (except that once when he threw a semiangered response at Arata and felt guilty immediately after), he has never acted against their free will or against their fate together. Somebody here says that he treats Chihaya as his property and my question is when and how because he's never interfered with her will beyond his duties as a captain in the club. Oh well, and that he hides information from Arata to Chihaya, which I think never happened (in the anime), except when he was an asshole as a kid and stole Arata's glasses I guess.

I am not saying that he should totally be with Chihaya. I do want Chihaya to acknowledge and understand him and then decide and whatever decision that comes after that is good.

On Arata... again I'm surprised that Taichi is supposedly so toxic for treating Chihaya as his property and then he gets a free pass for some reason? Okay, both are guilty of seeing (not treating, she is never mistreated by either of them) Chihaya as some kind of target but Arata just doesn't know her. Arata is still in love with an 8-year-old girl he once met. Very clear in the
for instance. Also, both have toxic thoughts. Talking like it wasn't Arata the one that wished that Taichi wasn't there when he and Chihaya were playing, or like it wasn't him who started the awkward conversation about who does Chihaya belong to. They are not perfect characters and I like that but it's not like one is a saint and the other is a demon. It's not like one is sincere and the other is a liar and a hypocrite. Both are and both are decent enough to never act on their selfish feelings hurting other people in the process.
jal90May 30, 2020 9:47 AM
Jun 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Sep 2009
If Chihaya don't end up with Taichi I will be really damn sad...probably I will be sad for many years....I watch this anime since the first season came out...I fell in love with it right away...karuta is such a interesting game I really learned a lot about Japanese literature with this anime...the poems are really beautiful....

Why Taichi? Because I like his personality more he's more human his emotions are real...his love for Chihaya is way superior....I loved how Taichi grew as person and I relate with Taichi a lot....he's that character that always works hard and fails...I see myself in Taichi my hard work my dedication and life still fails on me....I think Taichi will grow even more now that he's away from Chihaya I think this time away from her he will learn to love himself more and put himself first more...

I started reading the manga and I see that the only interesting part from me its Taichi and the Meijin arch...

Arata he's an ok character but I don't like him very much...I think the relationship of Chihaya with Arata is not love...I think Arata needs Chihaya and vice versa for them to grow as people but I don't think they match well together as a couple...Chihaya affection for Arata is obviously just admiration and she seems him as her idol...someone to look up for but she's confusing that with love... Chihaya was an important person for Arata because it made him more open to others to socialize and make friends...he grew alot as a person thanks to her...

Anyway I do think its possible Arata and Chihaya to be together ofc it depends of the mangaka wishes...but I also think its possible for Chihaya and Taichi be together...I have hopes they will be together...They are totally my favorite...if Taichi doesn't end up with Chihaya I hope he ends up with a beautiful and cute girl...but not Sumire u.u I don't like her that much...

For me Arata is not an interesting character at all and all his archs are really boring I feel that Arata character development is only related with the game and not with his personality....Arata is not that perfect either and he's also really mean and jealous too but at least Taichi feels guilty about it and tries his best to improve himself as a person...to improve his toxic feelings and behaviors...in my opinion Taichi grew to become a better person than Arata...but that is just my opinion...

Right now I just want Taichi to be happy...I just hope he have an happy ending even if he doesn't end up with Chihaya....
AnimangaGirlJun 16, 2020 4:58 PM
Jun 21, 2020 2:53 PM
Sep 2009
Arata, Taichi has way too many hidden agendas share of which are fairly selfish while Arata has been a genuine nice guy most of the times.
Sep 6, 2021 4:45 AM
Aug 2021
SPOILERS !! SPOILERS !! FOR SEASON 3 !!

Arata is clear water. He is courage and talent, he is memory and passion. He is gentleness and calm wind.
Taichi is dependability. He is leadership and responsibility, he is friendship and comfort.

I think both are wonderful characters. I do understand why most viewers may empathize with Taichi more, because we get to see his up and downs, his personality and flaws up close because he has a LOT of screen time. But, if you look closer, we can see Arata's, too. We see Arata's kindness, his gentleness and passion. We also get to see his flaws, like his selfish thoughts (When he sighed in relief when Taichi did not win), we see a hint of his rivalry with Tachi (When he wondered if he could defend the chihayafuru (Impassionate) card from Taichi) hinting a little bit of his possessiveness towards Chihaya.

(I'd like to add that I love when he said that Chihaya didn't really belong to anyone)

I feel like we are going to see more of Arata in the future, and I really do hope so.

Between the two boys, I prefer Arata for Chihaya over Taichi. I feel like Chihaya hindered Taichi's growth a lot, and when he distanced himself from her a little in season 3, we see Taichi get a lot better. I also think that Taichi's love for Karuta never really was because he enjoyed playing it as a game, but because he enjoyed playing it with Chihaya by his side (and decided to dedicate himself because of his jealousy and rivalry with Arata) That was at first of course, I feel like if he distances himself from her a little more, the fog in his mind will vaporize and he'll start to get his thoughts straight (what he feels about Karuta, Arata and Chihaya)
Taichi is not only jealous of Chihaya's admiration for Arata, but maybe a little jealous of Chihaya in general, hence why he would go off into tournaments alone (although that is just my interpretation of it) Taichi feel inferior to both Chihaya and Arata, when he shouldn't be because Chihaya and Arata ar his friends, especially towards Chihaya, who believed in Taichi. Chihaya has also, somewhat, been selfish towards Taichi. Scratch that, not somewhat, Chihaya HAS been selfish a plenty lot.

Arata and Chihaya share the same passion and love for Karuta, and I feel like they would benefit each other more,

Arata's confession and proposal (yes proposal) had me star struck. I see people saying that Arata knows nothing of Chihaya, and that's true. But his words prove so much more.

"If you wan't, we can play Karuta together"

To two people who has so much love and passion for Karuta, Arata's words is an invitation, it's his way of saying he wants to get to know her more, not just the Chihaya who loves Karuta. it shows that he is willing to know her, and he wants to know her, and he communicates this the best way he knows how, the way that he knows Chihaya will understand; through Karuta.
(THEN THAT BOW??!?!? The level of respect he has for Chihaya makes me wanna sob) this is proven in ep 23 of season 3 in chihaya's pov.

To be with Chihaya, you have to love Karuta as much as she does. Her world literally revolves around Karuta. You need to understand her passion for the game. Taichi may understand her passion, but he can't reciprocate the love Chihaya has for the game, and I think it makes it hard for him. Arata and Chihaya share the passion and love for Karuta. Plus Chihaya is naive and its clear that she has never been aware of Taichi's feelings despite it being so out in the open, so obvious that I think anyone could see it from so far away. Arata's confession was straightforward, no hesitation, no doubt, he said it as soon as he realized he loved her. Chihaya need that straightforwardness for her to understand ig.

tbh It would be wonderful to see Arata and Chihaya's relationship blossom, to see Taichi shining, to see Arata and Taichi's friendship build up stronger. I just want a good ending for them all, even if Chihaya does not end up w/ arata. Chihayafuru is NOT about romance, and romance is not this anime ultimate goal. It would be nice to see, of course, but its not what this is about.

I don't dislike any of the characters, but I do prefer Arata over Taichi. Arata excites me, and I think theres something deeper about him. I'm excited to see how Taichi grows, and tbh I would love to see the two battle for who gets to challenge Suo meijin.

I think chihaya x arata would just be a wonderful bonus .

++ pls i need someone to talk to abt chihayafuru.
Jul 31, 2022 6:28 PM
Jun 2019
Taichi won.. he ends up with chihaya
Sep 11, 2022 4:36 PM
Aug 2010
I am in half of the series and for me they can go even triangle, but i hope they focus more about Karuta till the end.
Taichi is cool, Arata is cool but i so much love Karuta then i can't focus on anything else !
Dec 13, 2022 10:49 AM

Nov 2020
Saeedlfc said:
I don't really care if Chihaya ends up with Taichi as long as the author doesn't do Arata's character dirty in the process.

I mean, Arata was done dirty at the very beginning as soon as he had to move away from the rest of the cast and was relegated to being a side character ever since.
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 PM

Nov 2020
Saeedlfc said:
Lemurians said:
I mean, Arata was done dirty at the very beginning as soon as he had to move away from the rest of the cast and was relegated to being a side character ever since.

I feel like you're trying to take a dig at him, but I mean from this point on, I would have definitely liked to see more Arata near the beginning but I guess the author didn't want to because he was too OP at the sport.

No, not meant to be a dig at him. I wish he was more prominent throughout the story than he was. Was kind of set up for failure (in terms of narrative and popularity) by being away from the main events of the series for so long.
Jan 18, 2023 7:50 PM
Jan 2023
Justin707 said:
After watching the three series in two days, I realized that the love triangle of Chihaya, Taichi and Arata is surprisingly crazy and also so unpredictable. But, I think Chihaya would be better with Arata. Although Taichi spent more time than Arata with Chihaya, I still prefer Arata. Never forget the first season, when Taichi pushed Arata and also hid his glasses, that pissed me off the whole time, watching throughout the seasons. I finished watching the latest episode. And his jealousy over Arata is so much and have no idea why people still shout out ChihayaxTaichi? Who do you guys like? Tell me why?

should we tell her🥺
Jan 28, 2023 7:51 PM
Jun 2013
I'm Chihaya X Arata 100% always and forever. I have never liked Taichi. I think Arata deserves it all; he's put in insane amounts of work, is righteous, honorable, respectful, brave, and has endured true hardship.  Taichi has been given the pretty boy looks, money, privilege, success in all other sports and competitions, is top of his class, and lucked up by going to the same high school as Chihaya (whereas Arata had to be away from her) ... he has had the most privileged life of everyone in this series and in my opinion, for most of the series, Arata and Chihaya worked harder than him. I don't care if he's sad Chihaya won't notice him; I think that's pathetic. He should have stepped up and made his feelings known, as Arata did, a long time ago. Taichi is a weak, manipulative, cowardly beta male. I don't want to see him win tbh. 

I could see Arata being with Shinobu or that girl Yuu (she definitely seems to be into him), but I want him to get Chihaya. I feel like he deserves it. 
Jul 21, 2023 1:44 AM

Jul 2021
it was clear arata is the one for chihaya since season 1. just feels bad for taichi, he deserves to be with her just as much but chihaya has already chosen. maybe i'll read the manga now that i finished season 3 and find out for myself.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

78 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2019

46 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:35 AM

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

22 by mythical_k »»
May 27, 1:36 PM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.