Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2019 6:28 AM

Jul 2013
Really liking this season so far. It looks different from the previous ones. Great episode. The Lugia scene was beautiful and the OST was amazing. I also really like Ash and Gou's dynamic as well.
Dec 20, 2019 1:58 PM
Jun 2013
As I am watching this episode, I had noticed that they put in pokemon go, like when one of the many trainers try to catch Lugia, he says 'it's a raid battle'.

As anyone who plays Pokemon Go, knows to get a certain pokemon, one would go to a raid battle and if there are enough people, one might catch a pokemon.
Dec 23, 2019 7:20 PM

Mar 2019
Lugia lowkey tried to kill them both
Jan 4, 2020 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was genuinely wholesome.

Honestly while I feel like the idea of Ash and Go becoming assistants seem a little bit of a downgrade compared to the comfy and more relaxing side of Sun & Moon, I like how they just changed things up a bit rather than just using the same typical idea of trying to become the champion in a respective region.

It's experimental and I tend to be welcoming for experimental stuff as long as there's some purpose behind it or can be entertaining to watch.

Also the female character is by far my favorite despite not getting much of her, but Go is also my favorite from the bunch and I gotta love (spoiler)

Overall a fantastic episode. Not something I'd say it's 10/10 worthy, but its generally nice to watch.
Jan 19, 2020 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
I just made this account, so my reviews might be a bit late. Go is interesting for sure and this episode was pretty good. I’m curious about Koharu and wanna get to know her more, she seems super up tight. Also, I’m not sure if I like the idea of Ash and Go being assistants for the professor. However, I’m super excited for the rest of the series
Feb 6, 2020 5:05 PM

Nov 2016
Another pretty good episode. This is just brimming with life and after Mew we even got a Lugia in episode 2 already. Can't wait to see what else they got in store.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2020 2:03 PM

Apr 2016
Good episode, I'm enjoying watching this new series. Finally, after so many years, I've decided to watch another Pokémon series. I believe this can be a good one. Some day I could catch up Pokémon XY too.
Apr 8, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2020
I really enjoyed this episode. I have a feeling that I will enjoy this new season of Pokemon!
„And the future never comes. What comes is always here now.“ - Osho

Apr 30, 2020 11:50 AM

Apr 2020
Though Lugia was shown a bit overpowered in spite it's weakness to Electric, the ride was good overall. Satoshi and Go have uncovered a trait of Lugia, it's friendly face.
Also, The constant fight between Satoshi and Go tells us that they're growing fond of each other. Both have been appointed as laboratory assistants! Cool! I'm looking forward to see what's next
Sep 30, 2021 5:32 AM

Dec 2007
the way go and ash made friends is mysterious for me, it happened so fast and unexplained, go feels much different character as paul was and he and ash befriended were out of blue.

but as for the episode itself, the story was nice, and presenting lugia like this was really great way to show how this series going to fix the serious problems SM had, though it feels the story haven't started yet...
Jan 23, 2022 7:08 AM
Dec 2014
Nothing better than original legendary pokemons
Jan 24, 2022 12:08 AM

Aug 2017
the lugia dive into the sea scene was awesome. even though lugia was CGI olm did a really good job of not making it look like so, far better than many studios out there
May 16, 2022 9:35 PM

Jan 2020
Pikachu has a Substitute plush that he sleeps with, that's cool. And, Ash clearly doesn't appreciate that Pidgey alarm clock. I would though -- I would appreciate it.

Raid Battle? What is this Pokemon Go? The Lugia battling and flight look pretty good though.

Yeah, Gou/h is still rather annoying. How many times is he going to say "Future in the palm of my hand"?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 17, 2022 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
So far it looks like a weird mixture of male homosexuality and christianity. First episode Pikachu evolved AFTER he shouted his name. This time Lugia cosplayed Moses and showed guys a proper rainbow, Noel style. Prof literally married Satoshi and Gou in their shy bromance. Well, karma can be tough after everything Satoshi did to Misty he became a bottom.
Feb 7, 2023 1:03 AM

Dec 2012
lol at Pikachu shocking Satoshi.
Hanako.
Okido.
Hanako's coming?
Satoshi will become a Pokemon Master with Pikachu.
Satoshi sees a new Pokemon.
It shocked him.
Wanpachi. lol at Koharu seeing Satoshi then walking around him.
Sakuragi.
Go.

Another good episode. Definitely better than Sun & Moon. That Lugia battle looked so good. And because of that, my main issue (and it will be for the whole series unless they change it mid series) is why did they decide to make Satoshi look goofy for this (Aside from the fact that they wanted a episodic series on the weekend where you can miss an episode and not miss any story)? The scene showing Satoshi telling Pikachu to use Jewmanbolto was so serious while he looked goofy. If this was his XY design, the scene would have been epic. Its obvious they kept the goofy look for a more comedic Satoshi like when he's getting shocked as shown with Wanpachi, but it just clashes. The trainers in this episode were dressed better than Satoshi and that dont sit right with me. The Gangar trainer was dressed so cool.

Man, that Kalos loss hit Satoshi so hard that he went to school the next series and now he's a research fellow in this. Satoshi spent 22 years traveling regions and battling gyms/leagues while Go was in school. lol

Dat ED song. I love it more than the OP. Reminds me of Oingo to Boingo and I love that song. Lastly, I love the Kabigon blocking the road callback.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 12, 6:11 AM
Oct 2017
This episode was full of fan service with so many references. When Lugia was flying besides the Rapidash I was half expecting for Arcanine to show up too, like in the opening of the first season. I wonder how often Ash oversleeps and if he gets that alarm clock fixed or has to buy a new one every time.
Seems like some elements from the Pokemon Go games will start to show up in the anime, as we see here with the raid battle. Wonder what other features will be adapted.
The animation was amazing and I hope they can keep up this level throughout the season, at least for the "important" episodes.
May 12, 8:17 AM

Feb 2015
Yep, I reeeeally don't like Koharu/Chloe. She stomps all over Goh's enthusiasm, then expects him to prioritize her? Yeah, nope. And complaining about his lateness after she did a favor for him that he didn't even ask for? Yikes. I really have to remember that these are just kids LMAO

That said, I thought Goh and Satoshi/Ash's interactions were great, I loved this episode. It was filled with so much wonder that really let you see things the way the kids are seeing them, like they're seeing it for the first time.
lovelive is relevant and the rest is garbage

it's joke
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 10 Discussion

Ri22rk - Jan 26, 2020

47 by lowlifeloveliver »»
May 12, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

46 by lowlifeloveliver »»
May 12, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

52 by lowlifeloveliver »»
May 12, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 4 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 8, 2019

32 by lowlifeloveliver »»
May 12, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

frozenpandaman - Nov 17, 2019

111 by lowlifeloveliver »»
May 12, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.