Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2019 2:26 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BASED AND GAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

Loved loved loved the episode. The soundtrack during that Lugia-rainbow scene was amazing. The new ED (Pokémon Shiritori) unfortunately isn't my favorite.

Team Rocket next week!
frozenpandamanNov 24, 2019 2:31 AM
Nov 24, 2019 2:28 AM
Jul 2016
Good episode.

The reset for Ash and Pikachu is not that big, it seems. They can take Lugia's attack pretty well.

It seems Ash is able to pick up what Lugia wants to say.

Go is pretty interesting. I hope his development is good.
Nov 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Sep 2018
Was I the only one who heard those dugtrio singing the beginning of "the circle of life"? I mean these lyrics: Nants ingonyama bagithi baba!
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Nov 24, 2019 1:02 PM

Jan 2019
Loved this episode. I am really liking the new character Gou. He's adorable and already liking his dynamic with Ash as sort of a rival/best friend. Gou might become my favorite traveling companion to date. The art style is also super cute and doesnt look like Sun and Moon at all. I am excited for what's to come from this series.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Nov 24, 2019 1:24 PM
May 2018
Really, really great episode.
Part with Lugia was perfect.

Make me wish every single Pokemon episode was available with English subtitles.

According to Internet, Wanpachi, little electric puppy is voiced by Inuko Inuyama who was Nyarth since the beginning of series.
Kinda fitting, considering her name.

And I wonder if that was Koichi Yamadera reprising his role of Lugia; he reprised Mew in the first episode, role he had since the first Pokemon movie.
Nov 24, 2019 2:12 PM

May 2019
if i hear deku's voice actor one more time this season im going to cry
honorary member of ninomiya squad
Nov 24, 2019 3:12 PM
Jul 2013
The PokéRap in the final made me have a lot of nostalgic moments :o
Nov 24, 2019 3:16 PM

Apr 2017
Haha Pokérap one more time! Also this look very interesting, can't wait to watch more!
Nov 24, 2019 4:20 PM

Sep 2012
Enjoying it a lot so far! Characters are charismatic and easy to get attached to them.
Also loving every part where Yamper appears even if it's just in the background

(๑ↀᆺↀ๑)✧
Nov 24, 2019 4:41 PM
Mar 2019
This episode seems way to fast pace, gou and ash go from strangers to friend's to rivals in a matter of minutes, and why? Just because they both rode of Lugia or because they both work for the professor? The girl barley any development in this episode. And I'm gonna keeps saying this gou feels like Gary but worst
Nov 24, 2019 5:37 PM

Nov 2017
I really like the new direction they are taking the story, it feels like this will be a updated version of the series up until now. I don't like how common the legionaries look so far though, it kinda steals the magic when you see one per episode so far. I really like Gou as a rival, his and Ash's friendship was a bit forced but the idea of two overly confident and aspiring trainers trying to one up each other is fun to watch. I'm really looking forward to this!
Nov 24, 2019 6:36 PM

Jan 2016
Oh! I had my doubts if this season was a reset but the very beginning with Alola's trophy confirmed this is indeed a continuation of SM. That explained Pikachu hurting Lugia a bit compared to the raid, showing the little Legendary Slayer he is xD But I wonder if that Lugia is the one from the movie? It implied that...

I like the direction of this so far. We'll have to wait some time for the Galar stuff but in the meanwhile we can enjoy a kind of "nostalgic journey" :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 24, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2017
Go seems like a fun character, tbh I like him already. So far both of the episode was nice, looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
Nov 25, 2019 2:06 AM

Dec 2011
Ash becoming a prof assistant this time around and going to go around the world for exciting adventures,
Nov 25, 2019 3:59 AM

Sep 2011
Satoshi really sleeps like a log. lol His reaction when he first met Wanpachi was so cute though, but Wanpachi is even cutter, who wouldn't want to pet it? And I thought he would meet Koharu before meeting Gou, but she really just left his "corpse" back there without thinking twice. XD Lugia appearing out of nowhere was wild though, and that raid battle was cool. But the best part was the flight for sure. It seems Gou analyzes the technical stuff, while Satoshi is all about the feeling. They have a lot of potential as a duo.

I can't believe Satoshi's mother left Barrierd there though, but it's even harder to believe that Gou didn't want one of those three precious beans as his starter pokémon because he wants it to be Mew. If I didn't know he was going to get a Hibanny I would worry a bit. lol I mean, Mew, if it happens, is going to be the "last step" of his journey, at least of his first one, not the "first step." xD Oh, and I liked the ED with the Pokémon Shiritori, but yeah, the OP is the winner here to me, I really love it. I already can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 25, 2019 4:34 AM
Nov 2018
I knew it!!!! When I heard the music I knew it was made by Yuuki Hayashi. The vibe it gives is the same as BnH or Haikyuu, this will be great
Eventually, you'll fall into death's embrace anyway, so it's stupid to be bound by useless ideals.

Nov 25, 2019 4:39 AM
Jun 2014
So is this series gonna be like sun and moon where they stay in the school/lab while going on a mini adventure to investigate on pokemon, return to the lab and go to another mini adventure? I would prefer if they go on an actual adventure without returning at all
Nov 25, 2019 4:55 AM

Nov 2013
LOL when the girl just ignored Satoshi after her own pokemon shocked him :v

indeed, pokemon is one of my favorite series (even if i ended up skipping sun and moon due to how behind the subs were)... no matter what they do i always enjoy it =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 25, 2019 5:02 AM

Mar 2008
winddevil1 said:
even if i ended up skipping sun and moon due to how behind the subs were

Some-Stuffs picked up fansubbing the series soon after PM fell behind (due to some IRL issues, and then they just didn't have interest/motivation to catch back up), and their releases were always very speedy. Anyway, I'd HIGHLY recommend checking out Sun & Moon still; my favorite series to-date, by far.
Nov 25, 2019 6:22 AM

Jan 2015
Wow such a good episode. This Pokemon is shaping up to be a great series

Nov 25, 2019 8:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wild battle theme of Galar for a battle against Lugia in Kanto ? weird
I guess the anime is different to the game, not a problem.
Animation seems to be really good for the moment, especially during the Lugia ride, Ash meets Go, I see in the opening he's going to uses Scorbunny, it's a good choice between Sword & Shield starters, I don't know if I can expect to see some dynamax in the show.
I also really appreciate the many S1 references, but Pikachu is back to lvl 5 I guess.
Ending is also like the Pokérap lol.
I'm looking forward to the next episode to see the Team Rocket
Nov 25, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, the animation was wonderful
Nov 25, 2019 8:50 AM
Sep 2016
Go is a boy, right? His character design is too damn girly lol. No traps or reverse traps I hope. I know I may sound a bit paranoid, but Japan made me like this T_T .
Nov 25, 2019 9:17 AM

Feb 2016
This anime is so full of life and fantasy. The animation is outstanding!

I haven't seen Pokemon since 3rd gen but damn, this is amazing.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 25, 2019 10:34 AM
Feb 2018
Concerning the look it's definitely the second best season, just behind XY(&Z). Ashs face looks a bit strange, but way better than the S&M version... and I have taken a liking to Koharu, let's see what she will contribute to the story :)
Nov 25, 2019 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
Koharu ignoring Ash was hilarious xD
SkyLETVNov 25, 2019 10:54 AM
Nov 25, 2019 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
he just ignored getting a starter because he wants Mew LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

nazsa said:
Go is a boy, right? His character design is too damn girly lol. No traps or reverse traps I hope. I know I may sound a bit paranoid, but Japan made me like this T_T .
the fan subbers translate it as "he"
Nov 25, 2019 12:57 PM
Jul 2015
frozenpandaman said:

Some-Stuffs picked up fansubbing the series soon after PM fell behind (due to some IRL issues, and then they just didn't have interest/motivation to catch back up), and their releases were always very speedy. Anyway, I'd HIGHLY recommend checking out Sun & Moon still; my favorite series to-date, by far.

Regarding PM, they reason they got behind is some people bailed, and they had to find new staff until recently. If you go to their other site pocketmonsters.net, they've been keeping up to date on episode titles and translating episode descriptions, among other Pokemon-related news.
Nov 25, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
What a duo! Those two will be a ton of fun to watch together.

That was such a nice episode for their meeting, both already had an unforgettable adventure together thanks to that Lugia, that took them for quite an amazing ride after connecting with Ash. I can't wait to see more!
Nov 25, 2019 1:37 PM

Mar 2008
AoiHonoo said:
Regarding PM, they reason they got behind is some people bailed, and they had to find new staff until recently.

Well, not exactly – Adamant (who doee the bulk of the work) was sick and out of commission for half a year, and the rest of the staff weren't interested on working on the series as they weren't big fans of it. There are lots of people involved with PM, the site, etc. who don't work on the fansubs/show. :)
Nov 25, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2017
gou is best boi now, thank you for being cv daiking and thank you atr for the opening im still in love with it. great episode!! was really pretty!
Nov 25, 2019 2:50 PM

May 2011
A really enjoyable episode.
''I was dead serious''

Nov 25, 2019 7:23 PM
Sep 2016
frozenpandaman said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BASED AND GAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

Loved loved loved the episode. The soundtrack during that Lugia-rainbow scene was amazing. The new ED (Pokémon Shiritori) unfortunately isn't my favorite.

Team Rocket next week!

It's not Gay if Go's a girl xDDD
I'm thinking of shipping these two (just thinking, okay :p )
Nov 25, 2019 10:42 PM

Mar 2008
nazsa said:
It's not Gay if Go's a girl xDDD

Well, official website and character bios describe him as a 10 year old boy. I still headcanon him as NB though. :P
Nov 26, 2019 5:35 PM

Oct 2018
That is the catchiest ED in the world.
Nov 26, 2019 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Fun episode! Beautifully animated, and with exciting music, also references to previous seasons and games. I hope that the dynamics between Ash and Go don't wear out so fast, and that the series maintains this good leve :D...
Ngel55Nov 27, 2019 6:00 PM
Nov 26, 2019 8:17 PM

Nov 2016
I stopped watching Pokemon After XYZ but knew about some stuff that happened in Alola from Twitter. This Season is The perfect Reintroduction I needed.

The Episodes have been really fun until now.Seems like the Level reset didn't hit Ash and His Pikachu as hard as in other seasons (like when he got beat by a lvl 5 snvy) since he could take on Lugia Pretty well. My Only Question Now is, Is this Lugia the same as in Pokemon 2000 or was that a AU?

Gou and Koharu are some of the better Companions Ash has had in a While. Or at least it seems like they will become that eventually. If Koharu had an Ekans and Gou had a Fighting type mon it would be perfect (References to Nadeko for HanaKana/Koharu and to Deku for Daiki/Gou).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2019 12:15 AM
Pokémon Master

Aug 2015
I just can't stop watching (and listening to) that Lugia scene, Yuki Hayashi really is the GOAT.

Nov 27, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
surprisingly another solid episode! I can't exactly pinpoint if writing or directing is making it so damn good. I didn't expected to like Go and Ash's character dynamic this much already.

Haven't finished sm series but could say this season is going as consistent as the XY series were. Doesn't feel like there was level reset for Ash because the way he fearlessly challenged Lugia felt like he met him before (he also has the old gym badges as shown in beginning!). The new OSTs are really great too. Can't wait for Team Rocket's entrance!
Nov 27, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2012
Loving this season so far! Just like how Sun and Moon started to switch up the formula a bit, this one is taking it even further, and in a new and interesting way. Looks like the series will focus a lot on learning new information about all kinds of Pokemon, which explains Ash and Go traveling to many different regions. Definitely has a Pokemon Go style feel to it. Ash may not even do the Galar gym challenge this time, and I don't even mind it if he doesn't or doesn't do it for awhile.

It looks like Go is very analytical when it comes to Pokemon, judging from his recording of Lugia's fin movements and feeling of it's skin. Ash on the other hand is much more in tune with Pokemon, connecting with them on an emotional level and through feelings. It's a very good combo with the two which will give us a lot of info through the Pokemon they'll be encountering.

(Also poor Go totally isn't going to get Mew as his first Pokemon since it looks like he'll have Scorbunny lol).

I'm really into this season, let's hope it keeps the excitement in full force.
Nov 29, 2019 12:12 PM

Oct 2019
I liked this episode a lot more than the first episode, which I found to be very messy. Everything feels a lot more... consistent. Hard to explain why I choose the word, but everything just flows better. However, I'm not a fan of how Go and Ash instantly become friends and rivals. That part just seems to be rushed. Hopefully, future episodes can develop their relationship better. The animation looks really good so I can look forward to that.
Nov 30, 2019 10:53 AM

Jul 2019
Okay this feel more like a real episode to me. It's still lacking in comedy, but it makes up for it by seeing all the Pokemon in bright colorful HD and the animation is pretty good too. It's starting to feel like an actual adventure now too which makes me happy.
Dec 4, 2019 11:31 AM

Aug 2009
I really disliked the first episode but this episode is very good.
Dec 5, 2019 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Any fansub who uses the american names?
Dec 5, 2019 5:08 PM

Nov 2009
Kinda funny how they make Lugia speaking to Ash with telepathy sound like a big deal...

Did no one remember the Lugia movie?... lol

And "learn Mew's secret"? wha?.... did they also forgot the FIRST MOVIE???!!!

Are you sure this is not a "reboot"?... they all somehow forgot every single movie events...

___ ___ ___

BTW, I just noticed, will Ash meet up with his old "released" pokemon?

IE: Butterfree, Pigiot, etc etc...

___ __ ___

Also, Ash's mom as MILF as ever, giggles.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 5, 2019 7:18 PM

Mar 2008
zFo0x said:

No. You can watch the dub if you want dubtitles. Groups typically actually translate what's being said.
Also, many of these characters don't have non-Japanese names yet.
Dec 6, 2019 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
frozenpandaman said:
zFo0x said:

No. You can watch the dub if you want dubtitles. Groups typically actually translate what's being said.
Also, many of these characters don't have non-Japanese names yet.

Ah, too bad, I'm just not used to the japanese pokemon names. Thanks!
Dec 10, 2019 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
The animation is pretty good and I like the new style now,which is quite similar to Sun & Moon.
Dec 10, 2019 6:51 PM

Mar 2014
Hearing Deku's voice in a Pokemon anime is weird but I like it
Dec 11, 2019 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
I love the idea of this season, this looks different and that's really good for a long series like Pokémon. Wanna keep watching this!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.