Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 20, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2009
jal90 said:
Because, even though the show is rather ineffective at it, you are supposed to hate her with a passion. I guess this works for some people.

Ah yeah and there's the typical incel paranoias but I don't think we should take them seriously anyway so yeah, it's just that the character is meant to be hated.

Yeah, I agree. I kinda hated her in the beginning because it was her "evil" acts that made Naofumi suffer that much but at this point of the story she's turning to be quite innofensive. Naofumi now is strong enough to stood up to her so everything she does to prejudice him turns out to be ineffective.

Right now I just think she's annoying, but if she had been better developed she could have been a better character, especially as a villain. But, oh well, this show is doing a good jod at developing its characters...
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Mar 20, 2019 1:48 PM
Sep 2018
This is one of the dumbest topics for a discussion I have ever seen, Kudos.
Mar 20, 2019 2:02 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Because she is written to be hated.
Mar 20, 2019 2:30 PM

Sep 2018
Bernrika said:
It's a LN/WN written by some incel with a victim complex, what did you expect?

And it's because of people like you that words such as 'incel' are nothing more than empty buzzwords.
Mar 20, 2019 3:06 PM
Oct 2014
She’s a hypocrite. She criticizes Naofumi but when she or spear guy does it, it’s fine just because she’s royalty
Mar 22, 2019 2:53 AM

Jun 2017
Because she hurt their self insert marty stu character for no reason
Mar 26, 2019 4:39 AM
Jan 2014
Well, she's proven to be annoying and each time she shows up, she only continues to contribute to her situation as a hated character.
Mar 26, 2019 12:54 PM

Sep 2016
Lol, I wonder if there is ANY person on earth that don't dislike Malty
Mar 26, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2017
Bernrika said:
HavenofHentai said:
AH yes, magnifier7 and bobby2 hands are very feminine right? By your logic you should be a male too.

Alright, I'm convinced. Post me a picture of this clearly female author, who is clearly not a dude using a female-sounding pen name.

Well? Nobody knows the gender of them. Do you? If so, what prove do you have? By now we only have their pen name and an interview. Do you know more?
Mar 26, 2019 2:18 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
She just comes off like a complete hatesink to me. She has pretty much nothing redeeming about her and a metric fuckton to despise Y'know, one of these types that come off as less like a traditional villain, and more like a wrestling heel - just meant to gain as much heat and revilement from the audience as possible before they, pretty much inevitably, get to see their face shoved into shit by the character who's being framed as the heroic face, and has been getting screwed over by them time and time again up to that point.

Her character feels like every move she makes, anything she adds to another character's arc, or just anything that she contributes to Shield Hero whatsoever, is just tying back into her function of drawing as much ire and hatred from the audience as she possibly can before (inevitably) getting stomped into the ground in some way. I mean, like, I keep saying "I feel" or "it comes off as" but I'd say it's kind of transparent.

So, yeah, there's probably going to be catharsis whenever she gets her comeuppance, and that's probably what her entire character is supposed to be building towards. It's just horrible action upon horrible action and disgusting trait piled upon disgusting trait with her. Of course that works for some people. It works for me, too, but I highly doubt I'd proclaim her to be a good villain whenever all's said and done. "Interesting" isn't the right word, either, it's more "She garners a reaction." That isn't something that tends to leave a lasting impression on me, just a heat-of-the-moment one.

That probably has something to do with it, I'd imagine. Her entire purpose seems to be to just be as disgusting of a person as possible, so people respond to her with, well, disgust. It's fun and engaging in a way whenever I let myself get caught up in it, but yeah, nah, it's not engaging because Malty is a compelling character or even really a particularly interesting one. She's kind of cheap, if anything.
ManabanMar 26, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 26, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2019
kanthorn said:
Come on, she just one annoying bitch. Nothing special from that. And all she can do is just showing up, being bitchiness toward people especially Naofumi, and then get frustrated by Naofumi or other heroes revealing her dirty plan to public. With exception of the memes, Why it’s seem that many fans overhate her so much.

she is underhated imo

the amount of arrogance and narcissm as well as ignorance and pure stupidity and lack of morals or values of any kind while being proud of that on top of that just makes her the biggest bitch in the history of animation

she deserves to be skinned alive
Mar 26, 2019 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
She's completely unlikable if I were Naofumi let's just say she would have met an unfortunate accident long ago.
Mar 26, 2019 7:26 PM

May 2015
People are really using the word incel unironically in this thread? Lol.

Mar 26, 2019 10:48 PM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
Because, even though the show is rather ineffective at it, you are supposed to hate her with a passion. I guess this works for some people.

Ah yeah and there's the typical incel paranoias but I don't think we should take them seriously anyway so yeah, it's just that the character is meant to be hated.
Incel paranoia? Dustin Hoffman David Copperfield and many others have been falsely accussed. How many men must be accusses falsely before you stop the incel bs?
Mar 26, 2019 10:51 PM

Aug 2012
NthDegree said:
Tbh, I don't really understand why people hate her so much either. She's not even an actual character, just a plot device to move the story on. As has been already pointed out, she has basically no motive, depth nor character on her own. She's just there for clumsy emotional manipulation to make the audience hate her and act as a justification for MC's revenge. It's incredibly cheap.

Saying you hate her is basically the same as saying you hate Saturday morning cartoon bad guy. The writing is so bad that I can't take her seriously no matter what.
She has many motives including wanting Spear Hero D.
Mar 26, 2019 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
Cleckeroo said:
HavenofHentai said:
Actually it's pretty much assumed she is a woman due to her pen name and some other things. An ann editor freaked out when they realized her pen name was literally big sister bunny so they had to write out a whole web page trying to counter this. (due to them hating shield hero)

For me it's really safe to say that the author's gender is unknown since he/she didn't have an interview in any media. I just don't want to assume for now until it's really confirmed to has enough evidence to prove.
Is true that many romance novels women love to read are written by men but I do not know if there is a precendent in manga.
Mar 26, 2019 10:56 PM

Aug 2012
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
She’s a hypocrite. She criticizes Naofumi but when she or spear guy does it, it’s fine just because she’s royalty
she suffers from the daddy princess syndrome like most modern women unfortunately
Mar 27, 2019 1:23 AM
Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
she suffers from the daddy princess syndrome like most modern women unfortunately
stop stalking me lol
Mar 27, 2019 2:53 AM

Oct 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
jal90 said:

Incel paranoia? Dustin Hoffman David Copperfield and many others have been falsely accussed. How many men must be accusses falsely before you stop the incel bs?

False accusations certainly exist in real life, which is not the same as false accusations being an issue worth being mentioned and treated as a structural problem.

Malty is a villain, what she did was nasty and she is supposed to be hated, but I'm not going to feed the paranoid thoughts of incels who believe her presence is some sort of political discourse that fits their agenda and their delusion, just because they have an issue against the female gender in its entirety and see Malty as an excuse to vent their totally fabricated frustrations.

If you are not one of these, cool, Malty is a villain, she is evil, hate her. If you are one of these, I don't think I need to show you any respect from now on.

Then again, seeing your other posts here, I can't say I expect much from you. I hope I can be proved wrong.
Mar 27, 2019 7:27 AM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

False accusations certainly exist in real life, which is not the same as false accusations being an issue worth being mentioned and treated as a structural problem.

Malty is a villain, what she did was nasty and she is supposed to be hated, but I'm not going to feed the paranoid thoughts of incels who believe her presence is some sort of political discourse that fits their agenda and their delusion, just because they have an issue against the female gender in its entirety and see Malty as an excuse to vent their totally fabricated frustrations.

If you are not one of these, cool, Malty is a villain, she is evil, hate her. If you are one of these, I don't think I need to show you any respect from now on.

Then again, seeing your other posts here, I can't say I expect much from you. I hope I can be proved wrong.
1. It is a structural problem. The whole me2 thing and trust and believe is a problem. The reality is that if you do not file a police report or wait for years in 99,99% of cases you are lying
2.there are plenty of extremely rich and famous people that got accused falsely in the last few years. In your opinion are they incels? Can you be called an incel when groupies are throwing themselves at you? That was my point.
3. I do not see how laws that convict people without any proof are a fabricated frustration. A woman can kill a man and be seen as a victim but a man has to only be accused and even if he is proven beyond doubt to be innocent people like you still will consider him to be guilty.
4. I do not want to prove anything to you. I just hope you will sop spreading lies.
Mar 27, 2019 7:30 AM

Aug 2012
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
stop stalking me lol
I am not stalking you.
Mar 27, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
jal90 said:

1. It is a structural problem. The whole me2 thing and trust and believe is a problem. The reality is that if you do not file a police report or wait for years in 99,99% of cases you are lying
2.there are plenty of extremely rich and famous people that got accused falsely in the last few years. In your opinion are they incels? Can you be called an incel when groupies are throwing themselves at you? That was my point.
3. I do not see how laws that convict people without any proof are a fabricated frustration. A woman can kill a man and be seen as a victim but a man has to only be accused and even if he is proven beyond doubt to be innocent people like you still will consider him to be guilty.
4. I do not want to prove anything to you. I just hope you will sop spreading lies.

I didn't spread a single lie, you are talking about "plenty" with whatever statistic you never bring, speaking random bullshit about laws that convict people without any proof (not that you'd bring it yourself for your claims) and completely misrepresenting who I am calling incels, who are not exactly millionaires with several known affairs, a public life and a position of power in society.

I really hope that you are just a troll.
Mar 27, 2019 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
nightcrawlercyp said:
jal90 said:

1. You're making yourself look pretty bad by saying that without providing a source to back it up.
2. Of course there are, but they're few and far between compared to unreported cases of rape/sexual assault muchless cases that are immediately reported.
3. This is simply not true at all. There has to be evidence of some kind that she was a victim of abuse.
4. Pot calling the kettle black, right here.
Mar 27, 2019 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
Demyx_IX said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
1. You're making yourself look pretty bad by saying that without providing a source to back it up.
2. Of course there are, but they're few and far between compared to unreported cases of rape/sexual assault muchless cases that are immediately reported.
3. This is simply not true at all. There has to be evidence of some kind that she was a victim of abuse.
4. Pot calling the kettle black, right here.

1. I can provide sources not that would matter to some people
2.no they are not https://www.vox.com/a/sexual-harassment-assault-allegations-list https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-me-too-anniversary/ Also as a side note how do you know how many cases are unreported if they are unreported. This whole histeria is based on a very questionable study that included a lot of false data.
3. This is exactly what #meetoo militated for. see the case of Kavenaugh . Also as a side note being fired for allegations does not count?
4. Orly now?
nightcrawlercypMar 27, 2019 8:55 AM
Mar 27, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2017
KaiserNazrin said:
Because she remind you of a real woman.
Haha so accurate! Literally that's what a lot (not all!) women are nowadays, maybe they won't accuse you of rape but are still entitled nagging bitches.
Mar 27, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2014
The only reason you don't hate her is because she's pretty... She has absolutely no redeemable qualities. Plus she's the antagonist, you're supposed to hate her, it's how she was written.

She cheats, manipulates, steals from those who trust her, thinks she's the most important character, ruins everything, etc. There's not a single nice thing to be said about her.

She's no better than a rapist (and I'm going to take a guess and assume you don't like those character types). She falsely accused another person of rape to an entire kingdom. Just for fun, just because she doesn't like the shield.

She's a despicable character that was created for everyone to hate. Up to this point in the show (ep12. And I doubt she'll change) there's no objective or subjective way to like her. It's not like she's that badass antagonist, she's just a bitch.
CrimsonRuinMar 27, 2019 7:24 PM
Mar 28, 2019 12:22 AM

Feb 2014
Konpurekkusu said:
terminador_2397 said:
I haven't seen this much hate for a character since the fallout with Ichigo from Darling in the Franxx from last year.

Haha that's so true!

She's more annoying than that.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 28, 2019 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
Katojana said:
Bernrika said:

Alright, I'm convinced. Post me a picture of this clearly female author, who is clearly not a dude using a female-sounding pen name.

Well? Nobody knows the gender of them. Do you? If so, what prove do you have? By now we only have their pen name and an interview. Do you know more?

Yes, you can tell pretty much a lot of things about him by his writing. Which is basically the same as any male LN author writing their issues into fiction. It's why the whole genre get laughed at and you can predict what is going to happen 90% of time.

Example in this very thread of the typical person who would write some like Incel Hero:

Bunta27 said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Because she remind you of a real woman.
Haha so accurate! Literally that's what a lot (not all!) women are nowadays, maybe they won't accuse you of rape but are still entitled nagging bitches.
Mar 28, 2019 12:56 PM

Sep 2018
Bernrika said:
Yes, you can tell pretty much a lot of things about him by his writing. Which is basically the same as any male LN author writing their issues into fiction. It's why the whole genre get laughed at and you can predict what is going to happen 90% of time.

Example in this very thread of the typical person who would write some like Incel Hero:

Ironic post of the thread. In response to someone who criticized another person for making hasty assumptions, you end up making the same mistake, in turn.
Mar 28, 2019 1:07 PM

Nov 2009
VeryLTTP said:
Bernrika said:

Ironic post of the thread. In response to someone who criticized another person for making hasty assumptions, you end up making the same mistake, in turn.

We get it, you self insert into the incel hero and can't stand criticism to your badly written revenge fantasy, move on.
Mar 28, 2019 1:14 PM

Sep 2018
Bernrika said:
We get it, you self insert into the incel hero and can't stand criticism to your badly written revenge fantasy, move on.

Gets called out for making a hasty assumption. Proceeds to make another hasty assumption. Flawless logic right there...

Not to mention, that projection, though... Are you really insecure about yourself? Who is this "we" you're referring to? You and your imaginary friend?
Mar 28, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2015
Bernrika said:
VeryLTTP said:

You using incel unironically makes you look very stupid, just so you know.

Mar 28, 2019 2:11 PM
Dec 2018
Why is this post still active? Theres no reason to try figure out why people hate this character is just a woman manipulating and use her royal stats to ruin a guy life and now we got to see she willingly try to kill her own sister so she can go back to become the next ruler. If you dont hate a person like that then ur a saint
Mar 28, 2019 4:07 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Do you know what it means to use a word unironically, or are you just parroting something you heard a dude say in a youtube video?
Mar 28, 2019 4:10 PM

May 2015
SSL443 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Do you know what it means to use a word unironically, or are you just parroting something you heard a dude say in a youtube video?

Yeah, I do actually. Do you people understand what incel means? Because it doesn't look like it.

Mar 28, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Yeah, I do actually.

So please inform us of your unironic definition "incel".
Mar 28, 2019 4:21 PM
May 2018
This Malty girl seems like a character I would have liked.

Btw, betrayal at the beginning of isekai was done way back in Juni Kokuki, so stop talking like it's something revolutionary.
Mar 28, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2015
SSL443 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Yeah, I do actually.

So please inform us of your unironic definition "incel".

You can look it up yourself. It's not that fucking hard. There's no anti-women or anti-feminist message in the series, so the author is not an incel, and neither is anyone that likes it. It's a pretty simple thing to understand.

Mar 28, 2019 4:38 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
and neither is anyone that likes it

Really? I guess you haven't read some of the posts in this thread, let alone the rest of the sub.
Mar 28, 2019 4:43 PM

May 2015
SSL443 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:
and neither is anyone that likes it

Really? I guess you haven't read some of the posts in this thread, let alone the rest of the sub.

Mind pointing out the incels to me? I'm not seeing any. Unless you consider anyone that hates her and calls her a bitch an incel.

Mar 28, 2019 4:55 PM

Sep 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Mind pointing out the incels to me? I'm not seeing any. Unless you consider anyone that hates her and calls her a bitch an incel.

They (the people accusing others for being incels) would have to prove either (1) the alleged "incels" wanted to get laid and (2) the alleged "incels" didn't get laid. I've yet to see them fulfill #1, let alone fulfill both...
Mar 28, 2019 5:03 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

You can look them up yourself. It's not that fucking hard.
Mar 28, 2019 5:22 PM

Sep 2018
SSL443 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

And will looking up the definition make any difference on @TsukuyomiREKT 's argument?
Mar 28, 2019 6:41 PM

May 2015
SSL443 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Lol, good one. But the difference here is that you will actually find what you're looking for, I won't since nobody in this thread is an incel. ;)

Mar 29, 2019 10:18 AM

Jun 2017
I assume some people really have no clue what incel means and are just throwing it around as "women hating men".
Mar 29, 2019 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
She is based on real events .
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2019 3:29 AM
Nov 2015
MALTY is reminder for us.

Bicth real life is real and they are much more worst.
Mar 30, 2019 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
Because she is written to be just a horrible piece of shit and the show hasn't even tried to justifiy her actions or showed how she became a horrible being?

nice wizard level comments in the thread btw
Mar 30, 2019 10:47 AM
Dec 2018
AnimeIsBadLOL said:
Because she is written to be just a horrible piece of shit and the show hasn't even tried to justifiy her actions or showed how she became a horrible being?

theres ben a few hints on why but it will get clearer in the 2nd cour. But mostly she just a whore princess that ben spoiled roten by her daddy.
Mar 30, 2019 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
Aniteku said:
AnimeIsBadLOL said:

theres ben a few hints on why but it will get clearer in the 2nd cour. But mostly she just a whore princess that ben spoiled roten by her daddy.

Ye I know but I am not exactly sure I would call that "justified"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

429 by Prupel1 »»
Jun 8, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

402 by MaauFe »»
May 20, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

546 by ridly »»
May 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

243 by ridly »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.