Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 2019 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
The Social Aspect might have more to do with some Social quirks you have always had but you only noticed now becoming insecure. Also you are technically still socializing because when you get in anime you start entering anime Forums; be it MAL, Amino or even Youtube comments in some Anitubers videos.

Your Gacha Addiction would've happened anyway. A lot of Non-anime games use this model nowadays. The biggest example I can give is Clash Royale. A ton of people were playing that game non-stop spending thousands of dollars in them. You would probably get addicted to a game with this model aniway even If you weren't into anime. Maybe if you were a DBZ fan when you were a Kid you would've picked up Dokkan Battle or DB Legends getting into the rabbit hole.

About Anime getting you distracted, You probably always got distracted easily but now just noticed becasue you have something that you can do constantly on your mind. If had gotten into, FOR EXAMPLE, E-Sports you would be constantly wanting to play the certain game you wanna go pro on making you procrastinate.

A lot of these things would've happened anyway. Its just that in you particular case anime was the catalizer for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2019 9:31 AM

Apr 2017
Daemon said:
Ever since I started watching anime, I feel like things have just gone downhill for me. I feel a lot dumber than I used to be, and I am more distracted easily when I should be doing more important things. I also don't feel the need for as much social interaction as I used to. I only watch like 2-3 episodes a day, but I also do other anime-related things, such as playing a couple gacha games and shit like that.

Do you think that anime is bad for you, or am I being overly dramatic? Or has anime actually helped you in your life more than it has hurt you?
I was actually an extremely ignorant and dumb kiddo before I started watching anime, it also increased my guts and confidence and made my vision incredibly clear and correct. It also cured my idiotic victimisation. I don't know what's wrong with you ?

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Apr 12, 2021 12:48 AM
Sep 2019
i feel the same, i'm medical student and i'am distracted easily thinking about attack on titan those 2 last years, i couldn't stop thinking what can happen at the end; and now after it ended, i'm depressed, and angry about it because i hated many things about it.
but i think that the problem isn't in watching anime or reading the manga but getting attached to something way too far that can ruin your mental health after, like it happened to me.
also, social media can really be the 1st cause of that, especially twitter, it will make you more addicted to some manga when you are a part of its fandom.
i'm trying too to change myself, deleting my twitter account, trying to interact with someone without talking about anime and manga, i hope i'll be bettter; and i hope the same to you.
Apr 12, 2021 3:17 AM

Apr 2017
Can't relate, I met the love of my life because of anime and it's gotten a lot better overall since then, so yeah. Guess it's time for some other hobbies for you, OP.
Apr 12, 2021 3:19 AM

Mar 2021
If it disturbs ur life in anyway then u should just stay away from anime
Apr 12, 2021 3:32 AM

Aug 2019
the only drastic changes in my life from picking up this hobby is nowadays whenever I’m at a party I think to myself “man I should’ve stayed home and watched anime”, overall though I find this medium 10x more enjoyable than anything else but at the end of the day I always make sure to prioritize getting work done before anime

granted I don’t think my input helps since this thread is quite old
Apr 12, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2020
Anime is definitely conspiring against you. It is trying to ruin your life. /s

I would advise a level of self control that allows you to live the life you want and not blame anime. Scape goating anything for self control issues is not going to ever be productive. I more or less embrace my lack of self control at times with anime but I don't ever let anything take over and ruin my life. I have anxiety and depression for that, anime is suppose to help with such things.
Apr 12, 2021 4:12 AM

Jan 2021
First of all, what the fuck? This thread's from 2019. @okisou, dafuq bruh.
Apr 12, 2021 6:12 AM

Sep 2020
I was always bad at studies so I don't think anime affected my studies

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 12, 2021 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe consider moving away from anime for a bit. The reason you pick & consume a media of entertainment is because you enjoy it. If you think you can spend your time better, than do it. Go spend it on something else and see if anime really is a problem or you're just going through a tough phase of your life.

For me, it's just one of my hobbies. I still managed to graduate uni no problem. And I watched a lot. Failed relationships actually screwed me over more than anime ever could. So to each their own.

Hope you feel better soon. You sound young, know that things will get better in time.
Leaves from the vine~
Apr 12, 2021 6:32 AM

Dec 2020
Anime is a source of entertainment, it's my choice whether to watch it or not. I personally watch it because I enjoy it. If I don't like something about it, I move on to something else. Nobody is forcing you to like anime or watch anime, if it's ruining your life then shut up, quit complaining, and move on to something else.

Apr 12, 2021 6:33 AM

Sep 2018
Gacha games are trash though I do not consider anime as much more of a hobby. Moderation is needed for everything though.
Apr 12, 2021 6:46 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Daemon said:
Ever since I started watching anime, I feel like things have just gone downhill for me. I feel a lot dumber than I used to be, and I am more distracted easily when I should be doing more important things. I also don't feel the need for as much social interaction as I used to. I only watch like 2-3 episodes a day, but I also do other anime-related things, such as playing a couple gacha games and shit like that.

Do you think that anime is bad for you, or am I being overly dramatic? Or has anime actually helped you in your life more than it has hurt you?

It's not about anime XDDDD. U just got sucked too deep.
U are not able to prioritise properly, that's the problem. Learn how to do things with moderation.
Try to do ''important'' things first and only then award yourself with anime.
Apr 12, 2021 6:56 AM
Apr 2021
If you enjoy watching them, then. do it. I dont think just watching 2-3 episodes a day will be a bad influence. I do think it can change your viewpoint on things. But maybe try to stop watching them and see how things go. I. personally have my priorities and watch anime for fun. Maybe you should focus on other things in life and see watching anime as a hobby.
Dont think it can be your source of why everything goes downhill. Try taking a break and find the reason for your unhappiness. Hope youre doing okay! :)
"The strong should aid and protect the weak. Then, the weak will become strong and they, in turn, will aid and protect those weaker than them. That is the law of nature." - Kamado Tanjiro
Apr 13, 2021 9:29 AM

Dec 2016
kycnui said:
First of all, what the fuck? This thread's from 2019. @okisou, dafuq bruh.

I don't even use the forums anymore so it was weird to get all these notifications suddenly lol

What's the difference?
Apr 13, 2021 9:36 AM
Dec 2018
I've gained negative pussy through watching anime
Apr 13, 2021 2:21 PM

Mar 2021
It is literally all of these at the same time lol
Mar 9, 2022 7:40 AM
Apr 2020
I think it depends on the anime you are watching, it's content and morals. If you are watching a warm-hearted anime like school babysitters, or an anime that gives a good message, like A silent voice, then the anime is good for you. However, if you're watching something morally dirty, like Gantz, or an anime that doesn't give a good message, then no, it's not good.
As a Christian, one big lesson i have learnt is that bad associations spoil useful habits and I can honestly say that some anime I've watched has spoiled my habits. During my teen years some anime has made me become apathetic and aggressive. I also became hugely disinterested in real people, which made me a loner. I also developed a distorted view of relationships because very few anime gave an accurate portrayal.
It took a lot of filtering out in my anime choices to clean my mind and become socialable again. I'm still dealing with the after-effects of watching some anime. Now, I'm more careful in my choices. As long as they don't have immoral content, or they're not extremely fantastical, but has some realism in them, then they're fine.
Mar 9, 2022 8:09 AM

Nov 2019
Who the fuck digged this shit? OP has already learned that anime was a mistake.

Oh, #69 post.

SgtBateManMar 9, 2022 9:43 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
Welp, it's not just anime any type of fiction, media or games can cause addiction. You can't blame anime for your own life decisions.
Mar 9, 2022 8:49 AM
Oct 2019
Daemon said:

It's half animes fault. I can totally relate. My life is in a huge dumpster right now. I'm unemployed and basically a shut in now after covid. Covid is still a big thing in my country South Africa, but no one really takes it seriously. But it's mainly my fault, because it's easier watching anime and distracting myself from this shit reality and getting lost in someone else's story than fixing my own.
Mar 9, 2022 8:50 AM

Apr 2021
Just a quick question. “Op is cancer” like anime openings?

I voted weebs are cancer. Some people on MAL are just-

My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
Mar 9, 2022 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
Anime, like video games and movies, is just another form of entertainment, and should be kept at moderation if possible. If watching anime is your #1 priority over everything else, and you consume a lot of it everyday, then that could be harmful for you in the long run.

I also wouldn’t say that the act of watching anime makes one dumber, but spending too much time watching anime everyday rather than learning useful things irl, is going to make you fall behind your fellow peers eventually. Your accumulated knowledge over the years might still be intact, but anime addiction will likely make you progress way slower than most people your age. Judging by your descriptions, I don’t think that you’re addicted, so there’s no need to worry about it. 👌

As for whether anime has helped me or not, I don’t think it has at all, and it doesn’t really need to.
Mar 9, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
It is true anime has destroyed you based on your description, what do you want to do next? Stop watching anime or talk shit on anime online, it's up to you!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 9, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2021
Daemon said:
Ever since I started watching anime, I feel like things have just gone downhill for me.
By that phrasing you seem to consider anime responsible for your issues. How did you conclude it's not the other way round? As in your life became harder so you took emotional shelter in anime.
Daemon said:
Or has anime actually helped you in your life more than it has hurt you?
There are quite a few people who seem to enjoy bolstering the idea that anime saved their lives, but when you look into it in detail it's hardly ever as impressive as it sounds. I'm not sure whether anime is capable of providing guidance/drag anyone down, or if people simply attribute to anime a merit/blame that lies within themselves; but I'm fairly certain none of that matters. It's an awful analogy but people generally don't eat only healthy food because it helps more than it harms them.
Mar 9, 2022 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
You're overreacting and being a funny dramatic.

Anime is amazing and enjoyable,how could anime ruin someone's life,I don't think it is really possible that anime would be able to ruin someone's life,however there might be rare cases.

For me,anime helped me a lot by getting rid of my depression,making me happy and on the top of that a specific anime made me start working out at the gym and motivated me to became an machine.
Mar 9, 2022 4:36 PM
Oct 2019
NotTaiga7 said:
Just a quick question. “Op is cancer” like anime openings?

I voted weebs are cancer. Some people on MAL are just-

op is shorthand for the one who made the thread (original poster)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best samurai anime

JoeChip - 3 minutes ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
23 seconds ago

» Are comedy tropes actually funny

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

6 by Lucifrost »»
3 minutes ago

» How easy is it for you to disassociate an iconic voice from a character?

JaaShooUhh - 30 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Why do you dislike historical anime?

perseii - Jun 8

42 by Lucifrost »»
5 minutes ago

» How did the (first 10) anime end up on your favorites list?

JaaShooUhh - 2 hours ago

9 by alshu »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.