Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 5, 2018 10:39 AM

Feb 2010
people still watch SNK? also probably not especially with all the old faves of die hard fans coming out which will have the advantage of being fresher in the minds of anime watchers. i.e jojo part 5 and Toaru majutsu no index, lets not forget Metal Panic! Invisible Victory also came out this year
GrimAtramentSep 5, 2018 10:54 AM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 5, 2018 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
hazarddex said:
people still watch SNK? also probably not especially with all the old faves of die hard fans coming out which will have the advantage of being fresher in the minds of anime watchers. i.e jojo part 5 and Toaru majutsu no index, lets not forget Metal Panic! Invisible Victory also came out this year

It's the most popular series of the summer season, so yes? Jo jo is trash! full metal panic is not even in this argument, its ratings tells the story, Toaru majutsu no index, a series that a lot of old fans liked back when they were casual watchers, I myself, but it wont survive in these times, it will just be look as another generic harem anime.

At this moment base off strictly ratings, Steins gate and bnh3 are leading the way, but both series are slowly declining in ratings, while SNK season 3 is slowly climbing up, and we haven't even touch on the really good stuff yet, that is if the anime does it justice.
keragammingSep 5, 2018 11:58 AM
Sep 5, 2018 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know what is more laughable, the users saying that Shingeki no Kyojin is the AOTY or those who say it is Boku no Hero.

Well, at least Shingeki isn't fujobait like BnHA.
Sep 5, 2018 3:11 PM

Aug 2012
hazarddex said:
Yes people still watch SNK...
Sep 5, 2018 3:33 PM

Feb 2010
YorukaWaifu said:
I don't know what is more laughable, the users saying that Shingeki no Kyojin is the AOTY or those who say it is Boku no Hero.

levi shippers would beg to differ.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 5, 2018 4:34 PM

Aug 2012
YorukaWaifu said:

Sorry for making you laugh, but Shingeki no Kyojin is going down as one of the best anime ever. Just deal with it
Sep 5, 2018 11:54 PM

Dec 2017
Aardwolf94 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Now that's a stretch I know I would not be willing to make if I were to retain my sense of what is true.

Steins Gate does not even get to compare! It is a (pseudo)scientific drama stretched almost to the point of not resembling reality. Almost. The rest is action packed... something. Anyone comparing them to S:G and trying to determine which is better should drink some brain vitamins or something.

Its not a stretch at all. I'm not saying AoT doesn't have its "juvenile" aspects but it clearly deals with more mature subjects and the writing improves a lot (S3 currently shows that). BNHA is an enjoyable but overall very childish & cliche Shounen, it just avoids the worst aspects of other popular Shounen and somehow people think its a masterpiece
I agree with @Aardwolf94, @keragamming, and @thiago52192
To put it simply: if we are talking specifically about a group of more mature audiences, then Attack on Titan would always be the Anime of the Year of its respective year. You would get it if you read the manga. I don't want to leak any spoiler as it might ruin the enjoyment for some people.

The 'juvenile' aspects might just be a mean to attract younger audiences since anime is more popular among kids and teenagers. Once it becomes popular, the more mature folks will get curious and then join in the train.
Aardwolf94 said:
keragamming said:
It will be interesting to see if any opinion change for the good or the bad once December 31/Janauary 1 2019 arrives when the season ends.

I think it will be good but BnHA will sadly still be higher ranked and maybe even more popular. AoT has had the "its overrated" circlejerk since S1 and BnHA seems to have avoided it somehow.

Also they took too long for S2 and the hype has died down compared to BnHA
We can't be so sure about that. As @keragamming said, we haven't even gotten to the good parts yet. If by 'good' means shounen-ish battle/action scenes. Also, we are only one year apart from its previous season.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 5, 2018 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
No, because this year we got SAO 3 and JoJo part 5.

Sep 5, 2018 11:57 PM

Apr 2016
YorukaWaifu said:

Lmao did you even met the fandom of SNK ?

hazarddex said:
levi shippers would beg to differ.
Sep 8, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
hazarddex said:

index is garbage lol
Sep 10, 2018 10:13 PM

Aug 2012
KaiserNazrin said:

>SAO 3
Yea....no.
Sep 10, 2018 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
sim0n2170 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

>SAO 3
Yea....no.

Yes, it will. Go read the novel before you say anything.

Sep 10, 2018 10:29 PM

Aug 2012
[quote=KaiserNazrin]
sim0n2170 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

[quote=KaiserNazrin]
sim0n2170 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

>SAO 3
Yea....no.

Ahahah. No thanks.
Salamander2170Sep 10, 2018 10:33 PM
Sep 10, 2018 10:44 PM

Nov 2011
sim0n2170 said:
sim0n2170 said:

Ahahah. No thanks.

Then stay ignorant fools.

Sep 10, 2018 10:45 PM

Aug 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
sim0n2170 said:
Ahahah. No thanks.

and you keep dreaming
Sep 10, 2018 11:00 PM

Nov 2011
sim0n2170 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

and you keep dreaming

If its a dream, its already becoming a reality. You on the other hand, are trapped in mind of a sheep.

Sep 13, 2018 1:13 AM

Jan 2018
By seeing the quality of each episode so far, even though it's apparently in it's worst arc according to manga readers and that it'll pick up in the next arc, this is definitely anime of the year. My hero academia season 3 is a close second though, because the villains are just so well made imo.
Sep 15, 2018 7:11 PM

Oct 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
sim0n2170 said:
Ahahah. No thanks.

Sao is not even in this equation since technically it is ending in 2019, so it cant be a contender for 2018.
Sep 22, 2018 3:58 PM
Aug 2018
Boobsftw said:
Aoun29 said:

Fanboy my hero has the worst anime art ever
Even the training is not good
In dbs dbz and naruto the training was intense and hard and they still lost sometimes
Haha all might took a 100 punches vs nomo in season 1 and only one punch to defeat all for one in s3
But 2nd season of my hero was great

Wtf man??That's a fact that BNHA ss3's ranking and popularity are higher than SNK ss3.What a fucking SNK "fanboy"

Lmao aot is only 9 episodes in. I want to see mha get 8.6 mil viewes in 4 days on youtube.
Sep 22, 2018 4:00 PM
Aug 2018
Username23489023 said:
No. Third season is fairly boring with plot holes, and continuity errors. MHA has less errors but still fairly limp. So far, out of all the anime I’ve seen this season, Gegege takes the cake. Art, animation, story, plot, characters, actors, all pretty top notch. I’m not really a fan of episodic anime, I prefer continuing with arcs, but this is the only one with good stories, plot follows through even though it’s sometimes predictable. Nice normalized characters, no bipolar shit. Well, except for catchick, that tsundra. Art is retro but done well.

What plot holes, what continuity errors? Are you paying attention. Yeah its boring to you because you enjoy trashy anime.
Sep 23, 2018 3:57 AM

Oct 2017
Snkmasterpiece said:

What plot holes

Whats the point in a wall when titans can fly. Why not close the hole with stones from above. Why not give the people all memories of blind obedience.

Snkmasterpiece said:
what continuity errors?

Horses run through boxes throwing them aside, later they're borken. Dude refers to historia as queen/ruler while her father was still alive.

Snkmasterpiece said:
Are you paying attention.
Yes, are you?
Sep 23, 2018 5:04 AM
Aug 2018
Username23489023 said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

What plot holes

Whats the point in a wall when titans can fly. Why not close the hole with stones from above. Why not give the people all memories of blind obedience.

Snkmasterpiece said:
what continuity errors?

Horses run through boxes throwing them aside, later they're borken. Dude refers to historia as queen/ruler while her fat
Username23489023 said:

Horses run through boxes throwing them aside, later they're borken. Dude refers to historia as queen/ruler while her father was still alive.

Yes, are you?
her was still alive.

Snkmasterpiece said:
Are you paying attention.
Yes, are you?

What doesnt make sense about horses throwing boxes a side when they run trough theme lol? They step on them and they are pushed aside because of the high speed.
What guy references Historia as a queen? WHAT TITANS CAN FLY LMAO WTF??? 😂😂😂 are you insane? You must be trolling dude. Clearly didnt watch the same show as me. What stoness from above? Are you drunk? Why not give them memories? Because the first king wanted to protect his race from the truth. He deleted their memories so titans can rule them. Titans rule them because if there were no titans Marley nation would attack eldia and destroy the walls and whole eldian race. Marley doesnt want to attack walls because it's impossible when titans are there. Landing on the island would be impossible. Dude you are du*b hoe can you call that a plot hole when you didn't even give the show a chance to get to that part and explain it? Wtf are you talking about lol titans can fly? Since when?
Sep 23, 2018 5:21 AM

May 2012
Username23489023 said:

Horses run through boxes throwing them aside, later they're borken.

This part is anime only. In the manga it was different and there is no horse. I recommend reading the end of chapter 59 and chapter 60
Sep 23, 2018 6:10 AM
Aug 2018
Boobsftw said:
Aoun29 said:

Fanboy my hero has the worst anime art ever
Even the training is not good
In dbs dbz and naruto the training was intense and hard and they still lost sometimes
Haha all might took a 100 punches vs nomo in season 1 and only one punch to defeat all for one in s3
But 2nd season of my hero was great

Wtf man??That's a fact that BNHA ss3's ranking and popularity are higher than SNK ss3.What a fucking SNK "fanboy"

dude that's cuz BNHA started 3 months and half before SNK, u can't compare ...
and in terms of animation SNK3 is the best anime I ever saw till now, I mean did you see the Levi vs Kenny's squad fight?? I watched a lot of action animes and I saw alot of fights, wasn't the best but it was the most intense fight I ever saw this year, and the movements of characters Levi when he got scratched above his eye they didn't stop the scene to show us they focused on it without taking half of the episode to physically explain to us why the earth is sphere (lol jk) ... and it was in episode 2, see episode 2, in BNHA all they did in first episode was swimming, in episode 2 they trained a little and that dwarf grape boy tried to molest the girls in his class. Compare it to what happened in the first two episodes in SNK 3 ...comparing won't be logical at all. I mean they did nothing important.
AoT > anime
Sep 23, 2018 7:31 AM
Aug 2018
thepath said:
Username23489023 said:

Horses run through boxes throwing them aside, later they're borken.

This part is anime only. In the manga it was different and there is no horse. I recommend reading the end of chapter 59 and chapter 60

Although, I don't agree with Username23489023, You shouldnt rate an anime based on the manga, you rate it as a single show.

Sep 23, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2018
TheDucc1 said:
Boobsftw said:

and in terms of animation SNK3 is the best anime I ever saw till now, I mean did you see the Levi vs Kenny's squad fight?? I watched a lot of action animes and I saw alot of fights, wasn't the best but it was the most intense fight I ever saw this year, and the movements of characters Levi when he got scratched above his eye they didn't stop the scene to show us they focused on it without taking half of the episode to physically explain to us why the earth is sphere (lol jk) ... and it was in episode 2, see episode 2, in BNHA all they did in first episode was swimming, in episode 2 they trained a little and that dwarf grape boy tried to molest the girls in his class. Compare it to what happened in the first two episodes in SNK 3 ...comparing won't be logical at all. I mean they did nothing important.

Just my prediction.I mean BNHA had about 300k members or more when it realesed 9 episodes iirc,plus SNK isnt as hyped as it used to be (probably because of the long delay of ss2).For the animation I think both are decent.I havent watched SNK ss3 yet but i read the manga and I gotta say that some good shits really went down in the manga.I have watched 20 eps of BNHA ss3 and it kind of dissapointed me tbh,the fights were really...boring.It was more about who punched harder than who was more strategic.
Sep 23, 2018 7:55 AM
Aug 2018
Boobsftw said:
TheDucc1 said:

Just my prediction.I mean BNHA had about 300k members or more when it realesed 9 episodes iirc,plus SNK isnt as hyped as it used to be (probably because of the long delay of ss2).For the animation I think both are decent.I havent watched SNK ss3 yet but i read the manga and I gotta say that some good shits really went down in the manga.I have watched 20 eps of BNHA ss3 and it kind of dissapointed me tbh,the fights were really...boring.It was more about who punched harder than who was more strategic.

dude then how are you going to discuss with us when you haven't watched it yet???
AoT > anime
Sep 23, 2018 7:56 AM

Jan 2018
TheDucc1 said:
Boobsftw said:

dude then how are you going to discuss with us when you haven't watched it yet???

I just looked at the ranking and popularity of both shows and made a conclusion lol
Sep 23, 2018 8:09 AM
Aug 2018
Boobsftw said:
TheDucc1 said:

I just looked at the ranking and popularity of both shows and made a conclusion lol

so you were responding on me while depending on nothing...
AoT > anime
Sep 23, 2018 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
TheDucc1 said:
Boobsftw said:

I read the manga so i know what's going in the anime,i also saw some clips of SNK somewhere on facebook to know what the animation looks like,so cant say that I depended on nothing
Sep 23, 2018 8:52 AM
Aug 2018
Boobsftw said:
TheDucc1 said:

I read the manga so i know what's going in the anime,i also saw some clips of SNK somewhere on facebook to know what the animation looks like,so cant say that I depended on nothing

well, all that isn't enough... but still you gotta watch the anime its another level compared to previous seasons of AoT.... u can imagine the difference between it and BNHA s3 and other animes. and they haven't reached the good part in the season yet.
but I as a manga reader was surprised more than many of my friends (we watch it together) cause of the drastic changes and the surprising speed in showing events in the uprising arc
AoT > anime
Sep 23, 2018 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
@Boobsftw

"SNK isnt as hyped as it used to be" https://youtu.be/xzIbbJPlWZE literally a scene from the latest episode got 9.1 million views in just 6 days. Show me a my hero acadamia season 3 or any season as a matter of fact, scene on youtube that can gather so many views in such a short period of time. My guess you can't!

Ofcourse it wont reach the popularity that it had in 2013, but it is still popular than my hero acadamia.
keragammingSep 23, 2018 9:26 AM
Sep 23, 2018 9:55 AM
Aug 2018
the thing is AoT got no famous channel on youtube to share videos and scenes and information about it, which is kinda problem cause then people won't be able to subscribe for it and get everything new by one source... you have to look for a lot of channels at one time, which is a problem
AoT > anime
Sep 23, 2018 10:40 AM

May 2009
JoJo is going to be the best, obviously.
Sep 23, 2018 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
Shoryuuken said:

Isn't that ending in 2019? If so it wont be a nominee for this year.
Sep 23, 2018 11:11 AM

May 2009
keragamming said:
Shoryuuken said:

Isn't that ending in 2019? If so it wont be a nominee for this year.

We're talking about nominee's? Oh, nevermind.
Sep 24, 2018 4:51 AM

Jan 2018
keragamming said:
@Boobsftw

"SNK isnt as hyped as it used to be" https://youtu.be/xzIbbJPlWZE literally a scene from the latest episode got 9.1 million views in just 6 days. Show me a my hero acadamia season 3 or any season as a matter of fact, scene on youtube that can gather so many views in such a short period of time. My guess you can't!

Ofcourse it wont reach the popularity that it had in 2013, but it is still popular than my hero acadamia.

Woah that's a lot of views...I always thought that BNHA's popularity was somewhat on par with SNK's(probably because of the crunchyroll anime award),gotta change my mind now:)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

114 by therealnagora »»
May 27, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.