Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2017 10:02 PM

Oct 2014
D0T_XD said:
It's so funny to see the weebs triggered cuz their precious overrated garbage is getting overshadowed by Motherfucking Pingu.

Yh they also get triggered by Cory in the house meme.
Oct 9, 2017 2:33 AM

Nov 2014
It was going to be a 12 hour thing, some of us were waiting for the top anime list to refresh with Pingu at the top for some funny screenshots.

I don't believe anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together seriously thought that the most of the 10/10 ratings were going to be left on permanently. Those rating 1/10 in retaliation are just a bunch of people who still take MAL ratings seriously being insecure about their anime having a lower arbitrary number to another anime. Get over it.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 9, 2017 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
This anime was at 3rd position and now at 15th position, i wonder position of this anime by the end of season?
Oct 9, 2017 3:56 AM

Sep 2015
Not sure if you realized this.. but this show is actually directed towards kids so. when you rate it 1 then you are a troll as well
Oct 9, 2017 4:04 AM

Nov 2014
AIDSKrillex said:
underage b& would probably nuke it down from the top 100 because of the sole reason that its for children. God I hate all of you. Honestly, this fucking show is better than all of MALs favourite cringefests.

The permanent placing of Pingu on the top 100 was never really that important, most of us are here to get that screenshot on Pingu on #1 just for half a day. It was downvoted like hell so it never happened.

At some point I had a sliver of hope that it could inspire some change to make MAL ratings less of a joke, but that's over as well.

All I hope at this point is it is thoroughly evident that the toxicity of the deliberate downvoting of anime with MAL scores above 9 is more prevalent than most people think it is.

-NeW- said:
Not sure if you realized this.. but this show is actually directed towards kids so. when you rate it 1 then you are a troll as well

Trolls do things out of fun and getting a reaction out of people. These people who deliberately rate thing 1/10 aren't trolls, they just take MAL ratings too seriously and are insecure that their precious favourite anime isn't as high as they like it.
BurningSpiritOct 9, 2017 4:10 AM

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 9, 2017 4:20 AM
Nov 2015
This is the most pathetic thread I have ever seen in MAL.
to be expected from SNK fans
Oct 9, 2017 4:56 AM

Sep 2017
Mean score of 6. Has attack on titan as a favorite. Im gonna comment here so that I could boost op's ego. Do we have to take this one seriously? Lmao.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 9, 2017 5:42 AM

Jan 2014
yes this is a troll, just to troll the rank and show how pointless it is, i bet this will reach rank 1
Oct 9, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2014
you've rated snk with a 10/10 that must be trolling too, so, i'll rate it with a 1/10.

Oct 9, 2017 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
AOTS

PINGU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SHITGEKI

Oct 9, 2017 5:54 AM

Aug 2016
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pingu in the City. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of penguin biology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Pingu's noot noot, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Japanese literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pingu in the City truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humor in Pingu's existential catchphrase “Noot noot motherfucker.” which itself is a cryptic reference to ancient Chinese texts of war I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Polygon Pictures' genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a noot noot tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

sad that aot got knocked down 1 rank cuz of pingu :cccccc
Oct 9, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2016
AyumiVk said:
I've been reading comments from people who give it a 10/10 and i can say the majority of them is trolling (as expected). Those people must think it is only supposed to be something funny or they just want to annoy/trigger others.
Well then, i am annoyed because there are a LOT of other animes better than this(i understand there are different opinions ofc but this does not apply here since there are plenty of trolls), and yes i have seen more than half of the first episode so don't come say i didn't even watch it or that i don't have good taste because everyone likes what they want.
To be honest i don't even know why i am doing this topic because i will certainly be attacked by childish people but gosh.. i admit it would be funny if this was just for a day or so but it seems it will continue for a while and seeing Pingu in the City everytime i open MAL makes me remember all of this too.
I had to get it out of my chest, thank you.

(this is the first time i ever give a 1/10 because i wanted to lower an anime's score, i am even feeling bad right now but well giving it a 10/10 bc trolling it's as bad as this) Also i am a serious person and i can't find this funny at all even i want or try, don't come and say i am the one being childish or that if i don't like it then i have to ignore because it's almost impossible.

I m agree , its so annoying
BRAWLERS
Oct 9, 2017 6:17 AM

Nov 2016
CreativeNam3 said:
Honestly I don't get them either I usually like trolling but this is just annoying now. It's a dead meme.

The meme was Born Dead Here on M.A.L since Pingu was already a dead meme.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2017 6:19 AM

Nov 2016
TKB928 said:
You are the one being childish and if you don't like it then you have to ignore it for now.

I'm not even joking. If you suspect there's trolling afoot and don't like it why are you feeding those same trolls? Many of the people involved are contributing specifically to point out the inherently flawed nature of a voting system that only requires you to check a box. It's meaningless and proves nothing, and it only took 600 voters and their influence to prove that. Everyone's opinion differs and no one uses the same rating system under the same perspective. What do the numbers mean when they mean something different to everyone who submitted one? They don't mean anything remotely concrete. That is a primary source of anime's subjectivity.

Don't fall victim to emotional manipulation. If your opinion on the issue means that much to you, writing a constructive review highlighting your honest thoughts backed by reasoning will influence things in the direction you desire far more than pouting and submitting a number that may or may not represent your actual thoughts in the name of "balance". This will be far more effective when this season is over and can be reviewed in full, hence the need to wait for the best possible result.

This is becoming a meme and may never fully die down, but that doesn't mean that honest discussions and true community opinions are impossible. Just realize that these things have far more value than a single number between 1 and 10 will ever hold.

I Had Pingu as a 1/10 but then changed it to a more Fair 6/10 and made a review (The review got deleted :c)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2015
Ohhhh said:
you've rated snk with a 10/10 that must be trolling too, so, i'll rate it with a 1/10.

You're doing God's work, my friend. Noot on.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 9, 2017 6:31 AM

May 2015
Another 1 to shitgeki here.
Oct 9, 2017 6:37 AM

Dec 2014
-KaneKo- said:
CreativeNam3 said:
Honestly I don't get them either I usually like trolling but this is just annoying now. It's a dead meme.

Just because u dont like the meme doesnt mean its dead.
ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ

Oct 9, 2017 7:27 AM

Feb 2013
-KaneKo- said:
CreativeNam3 said:

You're claming in many threads that this is a "dead meme" when is the opposite, this hasn't even begun.
Oct 9, 2017 7:30 AM

May 2015
The salt is so real.

Oct 9, 2017 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
The ranking is a joke anyway, might as well have some fun with it.

Oct 9, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2016

You guys makes my pet triggered.
♿250♿KG♿BEAST♿COMING♿THROUGH
Oct 9, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2014
-KaneKo- said:

Dead meme is pretty relative, I get bored pretty easily. It's only been 2-3 days, yet I've gotten bored of laughing at Pingu being so high up and typing NOOT NOOT.

Then there's some people are still getting triggered over or finding a laugh over "Cory in The House" somehow. I wonder if people are even capable of moving on sometimes...

My MAL Interview
Oct 9, 2017 8:05 AM

Jul 2015
People are thinking it is funny.

- Pingu is our savior
- Pingu will save anime
- Pingu increases your IQ
- Pingu is better than Gintama

Although some of these remarks might be true, one thing is definitely wrong, he's not your saviour. Before regretting giving power to the antichrist you should know how evil Pingu is.

He has his own agenda and it is only a matter of time before before the cleasing begins. Anime will be destroyed and your spam is just a stepping stone for his plan.

When he thinks he has enough power and people crown Pingu as the Emperor of Anime, his swiss and britsh minions will shut down japanese animation once and for all. Britsh cartoons with bland humour and a lot of sarcasm will be the only thing authorized.

Pingu will not stop there! It is clearly humanity extinction and the establishment of a penguin communist state are his ultimate goals.

You have been warned!

AdrianRubinskyOct 9, 2017 8:29 AM
Oct 9, 2017 8:06 AM

Feb 2013
BurningSpirit said:
-KaneKo- said:

Dead meme is pretty relative, I get bored pretty easily. It's only been 2-3 days, yet I've gotten bored of laughing at Pingu being so high up and typing NOOT NOOT.

Then there's some people are still getting triggered over or finding a laugh over "Cory in The House" somehow. I wonder if people are even capable of moving on sometimes...

Maybe they need to read the VN of Grisaia no Kajutsu for that
Oct 9, 2017 8:07 AM

Feb 2013
AdrianRubinsky said:
People are thinking it is funny.

- Pingu is our savior
- Pingu will save anime
- Pingu increase your IQ
- Pingu is better than Gintama

Although some of these remarks might be true, one thing is definitely wrong, he's not your saviour. Before regretting giving power to the antichrist you should know how evil Pingu is.

He has his own agenda and it is only a matter of time before before the cleasing begins. Anime will be destroyed and your spam is just a stepping stone for his plan.

When he thinks he has enough power and people crown Pingu as the Emperor of Anime, his swiss and britsh minions will shut down japanese animation once and for all. Britsh cartoons with bland humour and a lot of sarcasm will be the only thing authorized.

Pingu will not stop there! It is clearly humanity extinction and the establishment of a penguim communist state is his ultimate goal.

You have been warned!

SHUT IT DOWN, THEY KNOW
Oct 9, 2017 8:15 AM

Sep 2017
CatSoul said:
Ohhhh said:

You're doing God's work, my friend. Noot on.

Mark it as completed or else it wont count. It is just an edgelord anime anyway.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 9, 2017 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
It was funny for about 1 minute, now it's even more dull than boku no pico jokes.

Don't expect much from memeteens. To them this is hilarious.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 9, 2017 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
Infatuate said:
It was funny for about 1 minute, now it's even more dull than boku no pico jokes.

>Clannad
>Any good
>Not reading Kannon original VN
Oct 9, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2016
Just like every meme it gets kind of annoying after 10 minutes of seeing it posted everywhere. Although you can just choose to ignore it since it's not really hurting anybody, I find the people who get pissed off at it makes it even worse by making a big deal out of it.

But tbh I kind of cringe every time they say its the best anime since it's not, because Bananya is the actual best anime.
Oct 9, 2017 8:35 AM
Feb 2016
AyumiVk said:
I've been reading comments from people who give it a 10/10 and i can say the majority of them is trolling (as expected). Those people must think it is only supposed to be something funny or they just want to annoy/trigger others.
Well then, i am annoyed because there are a LOT of other animes better than this(i understand there are different opinions ofc but this does not apply here since there are plenty of trolls), and yes i have seen more than half of the first episode so don't come say i didn't even watch it or that i don't have good taste because everyone likes what they want.
To be honest i don't even know why i am doing this topic because i will certainly be attacked by childish people but gosh.. i admit it would be funny if this was just for a day or so but it seems it will continue for a while and seeing Pingu in the City everytime i open MAL makes me remember all of this too.

(this is the first time i ever give a 1/10 because i wanted to lower an anime's score, i am even feeling bad right now but well giving it a 10/10 bc trolling it's as bad as this) Also i am a serious person and i can't find this funny at all even i want or try, don't come and say i am the one being childish or that if i don't like it then i have to ignore because it's almost impossible.

you're pathetic, and childish. stop crying about a children's show and ignore the ratings. should I make a topic in the Attack on Titan form called "Really..." and complain that it has over a 7/10?
Oct 9, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
im sure you wouldnt have said shit if attack on titan got even close to the top 10. im sure everyone knows the whole series isnt good in the first place. but you must have shit taste to think that this deserves a 1 but AOT doesnt.
no
Oct 9, 2017 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
Well I gave Pingu in the Citys first episode a 3/10. It may get better. Who knows? As of right now though I'm not enjoying it as much as everyone else is.
Oct 9, 2017 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
Infatuate said:

I'm not joking about my score for Pingu in the City. People who are giving it a 1 are the fuckers who think they're hilarious.
Oct 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2013
DancingTheBa said:
Just like every meme it gets kind of annoying after 10 minutes of seeing it posted everywhere. Although you can just choose to ignore it since it's not really hurting anybody, I find the people who get pissed off at it makes it even worse by making a big deal out of it.

But tbh I kind of cringe every time they say its the best anime since it's not, because Bananya is the actual best anime.

>Implying we're joking here
Oct 9, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2016
It's better than a lot of anime memes out there, but at some point it has to be removed, or not?
Oct 9, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2017
AyumiVk said:
Nicholaevich said:
Ignoring it would've made you seem less pathetic.

the people trolling are even more pathetic.

oh yeah because them giving it a 10/10 will change so much in your life, can't live in a world with Pingu at the top 20 of MAL

african childs dying everyday ? terrorists attacks ? homeless people ? who cares about this shit, better make a rant about how Pingu is killing an anime website
Oct 9, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 2013
SuperDickKong69 said:
AyumiVk said:

the people trolling are even more pathetic.

oh yeah because them giving it a 10/10 will change so much in your life, can't live in a world with Pingu at the top 20 of MAL

african childs dying everyday ? terrorists attacks ? homeless people ? who cares about this shit, better make a rant about how Pingu is killing an anime website

/thread to be honest
Oct 9, 2017 9:19 AM

Aug 2016
WeabooTV said:
DancingTheBa said:

>Implying we're joking here

I can't see how anybody can seriously think Bananya isn't the best.
Oct 9, 2017 9:20 AM
Feb 2017
fabizk said:
It's better than a lot of anime memes out there, but at some point it has to be removed, or not?

Why would it be removed?

Oct 9, 2017 9:22 AM
Jun 2009
The ranking system is a joke and all of us know that. All this attachment to the position of our favorite anime is very childish.

Mal don't give you a prize for this position.
Oct 9, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2013
Wow... If this is happening because of pingu, I wonder what would happen if was Cory in the House...
Oct 9, 2017 9:25 AM
Feb 2017
AyumiVk said:

You give snk a 10 but pingu a 1. How pathetic. Apparently giving a 1 just because you want to lower a show's rating is taking stuff seriously. You didn't even bother finishing the episode.

Oct 9, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2015
If Pingu goes below a 9 I will destroy MAL
Oct 9, 2017 9:38 AM

Dec 2016
Some people are giving 10 cuz deserve or everybody are trooling?Or just kids voting?
Oct 9, 2017 9:40 AM

Feb 2013
Tiago_KT said:
Some people are giving 10 cuz deserve or everybody are trooling?Or just kids voting?

>Tokyo Ghoul as a favourite anime

Talking about kids...
Oct 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
@WeabooTV
at least i dont give 10 to pingu,xd
and tokyo ghoul is very good, and u saying its for kids, if u understand a little beat of give score try to be more smart
Oct 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
Tiago_KT said:
@WeabooTV
at least i dont give 10 to pingu,xd
and tokyo ghoul is very good, and u saying its for kids, if u understand a little beat of give score try to be more smart

>TG
>Good anime

Pick one
Oct 9, 2017 9:48 AM

Dec 2016
@Scomz
im only curious why are trolling this anime when are others where u can troll too
Oct 9, 2017 9:50 AM

Mar 2017
I hope everyone realizes this is just a giant MAL meme and it'll pass like any good trend...

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LuceoEtzio - Oct 6, 2017

97 by MyWeebCringeList »»
Aug 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 11 Discussion

lanblade - Dec 15, 2017

14 by Goo-mah »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 24 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

10 by Frezlaj »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 26 Discussion

BoosterGold - Mar 30, 2018

25 by PenisButtFart »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 25 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

13 by CQLLIST »»
May 24, 2022 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.