Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2017 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
How lame. This is worse than all the generic shoujo I've read, at least the characters had inner dialogues and thought bubbles. The drawn out silences weren't just awkward, it was questionable and dumb. Saw the twin thing coming from a mile away when she fell silent during the classroom scene. It was frustrating watching no one talk through anything, only satisfaction I had was Towa and Mami's relationship -- even then that was lacking but better in comparison to others.

The background characters all seemed to have more interesting things to show than others. What was the point of adding them to the OP when they barely had any screen time? Still curious how that sibling thing turned out. Was hoping this was adapted from a mango but saw the person in charge of the Script and understood right away. Still, what kept me watching was hoping things would progress more, and the overall atmosphere and scenery. Does anyone know what part of Japan this is? Or what part it's similar to?
Oct 26, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2011
I waited for a KISS in the ending!

Anyway, the story between Honda and Class Rep was handled well. But Haruki's? Nope. Not good. It ended good for them but not for us.
Oct 31, 2017 7:01 PM

Jun 2015
Evenlimbo said:
Idk what it was particularly about this anime, but I loved it. Yeah, the ending left a little to be desired and add me to the list of not understamding the point of the truck. Besides for that this anime was a very very good one to me. 9/10

I kind of understand you, even tho I did not see a lot in this anime, it was relaxing, 24 minutes out of this world with a drama series that didn't even seem to do what it wanted, It covered 2 romances, and half episode of one, and you could see in the OP/ED they had like 5 planned, anyways, my point is, a show I consider to be much better, having kind of a similar feel but with an actual nice pacing, is called Tsuki Ga Kirei, from this year too, I loved it and it gave me a relatable beautiful story, with ending...
Ps: The blonde guy with the inchou girl romance was much better than the MC romance, he was dull.
Nov 12, 2017 7:55 AM
Jul 2008
It's actually pretty good, I did not have any expectation at first.
My complains are there's no story about other pairings and the truck scene ruined the confession.
It would be even better if there's more story about the two store staffs too.
I was surprised about Mihashi's voice too, somehow I've heard her voice somewhere, turned out she's voiced Kugimiya Rie

Otakanime said:
Evenlimbo said:
Idk what it was particularly about this anime, but I loved it. Yeah, the ending left a little to be desired and add me to the list of not understamding the point of the truck. Besides for that this anime was a very very good one to me. 9/10

I kind of understand you, even tho I did not see a lot in this anime, it was relaxing, 24 minutes out of this world with a drama series that didn't even seem to do what it wanted, It covered 2 romances, and half episode of one, and you could see in the OP/ED they had like 5 planned, anyways, my point is, a show I consider to be much better, having kind of a similar feel but with an actual nice pacing, is called Tsuki Ga Kirei, from this year too, I loved it and it gave me a relatable beautiful story, with ending...
Ps: The blonde guy with the inchou girl romance was much better than the MC romance, he was dull.

I disagree. Tsuki Ga Kirei was really boring, the main characters were dull and can't even communicate normally without using phone until the end.
In this series we can see the characters grew up and other characters helping the main pair and grew up too.
Miharu and Mishima were not dull, we can see how Mishima realized his feeling were called love and how Miharu has been trying to get close to Mishima and learned the true meaning behind the Konbini Kareshi title. I also liked the twist about Misora.

That's my opinion. Apparently many people liked that and disliked this one, so I'm sorry if I somehow offended you.
Nov 14, 2017 7:04 PM

Jun 2015
LeonLanford said:
My complains are there's no story about other pairings and the truck scene ruined the confession.
I was surprised about Mihashi's voice too, somehow I've heard her voice somewhere, turned out she's voiced Kugimiya Rie

Otakanime said:

I disagree. Tsuki Ga Kirei was really boring, the main characters were dull and can't even communicate normally without using phone until the end.
In this series we can see the characters grew up and other characters helping the main pair and grew up too.
Miharu and Mishima were not dull, we can see how Mishima realized his feeling were called love and how Miharu has been trying to get close to Mishima and learned the true meaning behind the Konbini Kareshi title. I also liked the twist about Misora.

That's my opinion. Apparently many people liked that and disliked this one, so I'm sorry if I somehow offended you.

You did not offend me, but I particulary can't understand what is badly done in Tsuki ga kirei that is better on Konbini Kareshi. At first I think KK had a lack of focus, as I mentioned before. Then, I think Mashiki and the MC weren't actually able to communicate that much, their romance appeared from a pretty normal setting of childhood friendship (Obviously with the plot twist), the guy doesn't develop at all from my perspective, yeah, he realizes he has feelings for Mashiki, but that is not out of his dull attitud, the only thing there is, is that he decides to love a girl he wasn't aiming for, even tho he was actually, and that's not surprising because the fairy tale shit isn't comparable to everything he lived with the girl in that whole year, asides from that, he talks a word per minute, and the show doesn't define him well at all. From the other side, his best friend showed actual background, he had a conflictive relationship with his family and because of that he wasn't able to understand how his girlfriend's parents were so different than his, he got mad at her for that, but at the end, all that mattered is his actual love (I'm actually starting to realize I enjoyed that arc much more than I thought I did).
Even with that pro's, Tsuki Ga Kirei develops its characters much more, from shy stupid teenagers, they get involved with what love is, they get to know how it is much easier to communicate without looking at each others eyes, and that's how the chat thing works, they are full of embarrassment, but with time, they get to actually know each other and go around every stage of a relationship without becoming a dull story, in my opinion.
Nov 15, 2017 6:43 AM
Jul 2008
Otakanime said:
LeonLanford said:

You did not offend me, but I particulary can't understand what is badly done in Tsuki ga kirei that is better on Konbini Kareshi. At first I think KK had a lack of focus, as I mentioned before. Then, I think Mashiki and the MC weren't actually able to communicate that much, their romance appeared from a pretty normal setting of childhood friendship (Obviously with the plot twist), the guy doesn't develop at all from my perspective, yeah, he realizes he has feelings for Mashiki, but that is not out of his dull attitud, the only thing there is, is that he decides to love a girl he wasn't aiming for, even tho he was actually, and that's not surprising because the fairy tale shit isn't comparable to everything he lived with the girl in that whole year, asides from that, he talks a word per minute, and the show doesn't define him well at all. From the other side, his best friend showed actual background, he had a conflictive relationship with his family and because of that he wasn't able to understand how his girlfriend's parents were so different than his, he got mad at her for that, but at the end, all that mattered is his actual love (I'm actually starting to realize I enjoyed that arc much more than I thought I did).
Even with that pro's, Tsuki Ga Kirei develops its characters much more, from shy stupid teenagers, they get involved with what love is, they get to know how it is much easier to communicate without looking at each others eyes, and that's how the chat thing works, they are full of embarrassment, but with time, they get to actually know each other and go around every stage of a relationship without becoming a dull story, in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing your opinion! I agree that Mishima barely got any screen time, maybe because of that you think he's dull. I think Honda's pair is actually the main characters of the show, Honda is also the driving force behind the Mishima's pair. Without Honda and his story, I think Mishima's pair would not be born.

About Tsuki ga Kirei, for me the main characters are really dull and many forced scenarios that seems weird to me. In romance story, I usually want to cheer for the characters but I don't get that feeling at all when watching Tsuki ga Kirei, it's a really subjective thing.
Because the whole anime is about them, it seems they get developed more but I only see a bit difference of their interaction from the start to the end of the anime.

Sorry, I was wrong, I should be comparing Honda's pair not the Mishima's pair to the Tsuki ga Kirei's pair.
Nov 20, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2015
LeonLanford said:
Otakanime said:

Thank you for sharing your opinion! I agree that Mishima barely got any screen time, maybe because of that you think he's dull. I think Honda's pair is actually the main characters of the show, Honda is also the driving force behind the Mishima's pair. Without Honda and his story, I think Mishima's pair would not be born.

About Tsuki ga Kirei, for me the main characters are really dull and many forced scenarios that seems weird to me. In romance story, I usually want to cheer for the characters but I don't get that feeling at all when watching Tsuki ga Kirei, it's a really subjective thing.
Because the whole anime is about them, it seems they get developed more but I only see a bit difference of their interaction from the start to the end of the anime.

Sorry, I was wrong, I should be comparing Honda's pair not the Mishima's pair to the Tsuki ga Kirei's pair.

Well, we've shown our opinions, I don't thinks there's a lot more to share, have good luck!
Jan 2, 2018 9:22 AM
Jul 2015
TragicRomance said:
It was better than Gamers I think. But ye that ending was kinda average gah. 6.5/10

Are you kidding ?

Gamers was way more interesting, funnier, and entertaining than this Konbini crap.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Feb 20, 2018 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
Didn't really enjoy this anime, Animation was off and the episodes just felt really boring. The ED was really nice though. 6/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
May 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
It was a really dull anime.

None of the characters stood out except the SIDE CHARACTERS who barely had any screen time. Main dude likes swimming, other main dude is loud and likes class rep, main girl likes books, other main girl is a studious class rep... Like is that it?

I must admit, the two main pairings were kinda cute. It's rare having a romance anime that has a lot of progress.

Also, this anime has an incredible OST. That's one of the saving graces.

6/10 for now. Might bump down score later but ending gave me a good after taste.
Dec 19, 2018 4:11 PM

Nov 2018
I originally started watching this show because I saw the of the out-of-context scene between Mishima and Honda and I thought the brothers reaction was hilarious. So I guess I kinda expected something funnier and though was a bit disappointed. All in all it's still an okay anime - the pacing was quite off sometimes but the story overall is wholesome and leaves you with a nice feeling. 6/10

I'm currently on level on mal-badges!
Mar 18, 2019 11:19 AM
Jun 2013
i swear to god ppl are so misleading or can't write right. i was reading reviews and spoiled myself, ppl saying the main girl dies, but that obviously didnt happen. i understand now ppl ment the main girl as in the main girl's sister dies, the first girl he met. and i was preparing myself for a said ending but i was so glad that it wasnt! ppl need to learn how to be more clearer when writing, jesus christ. great anime and great ending.
Oct 23, 2020 6:55 PM

May 2017
That truck keep ruining every anime confession , i wonder why , maybe girl watching the show would be like "no you dont like her you like me !" So they cut it

Anyway short hair girl look cute , mainly that cute face she have , personality i liked her perverted things she does in store , shes a calm girl with a wild personnality !

Also liked the others couple , all of them , even if most of them couldnt talk

6/10 , cute girl saved the show from a 5

I was expecting boys love at least -_-

Time to find some hent** picture of that girl 🤤
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Feb 12, 2021 3:03 AM

Feb 2020
Kind of click romance story. But I am a sucker for happy ending romance.
It was kind of similar to honeyworks anime (but that's better than this one)
For this, I didn't like the character design and animation. Romance was kind of uncomfortable at some places. The side character were wasted (wasn't there supposed to be 6 couples based on intro? only like 2 and the half coupling was shows.). Ending was kind of good and kind of bad (use of the storybook story was a good choice but what about the surgery and afterwards? I don't like open ending very much)
Overall still a decent anime, 6/10 for me.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 2, 2021 6:36 PM

Dec 2014
I really love anime like this. Its nice, simple, and charming in its own special way. Sucks that its an original otherwise I would have loved to see more of it or continue reading from it's source.
Jan 2, 2022 6:07 PM
Apr 2016
The truck interrupting the confession got me. Was laughing so hard I ended making a parody of the scene. Was gonna make it a GIF at first but the file size ended up being way to large so I just put it on YouTube.

CarnageChaos420Jan 2, 2022 6:39 PM
Mar 28, 2022 4:26 AM

Jul 2021
This doesn't feel like the end of it and there were major nitpicks especially with the goddamn slow pacing that gives me pain all the way through. The visual is not on a stellar level by any means but they were fluid all the way through with it's mediocracy level. Hugely disappointed, the other side characters are a waste of potential. 2/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 17, 2022 10:38 AM

May 2018
One thing for sure, I want more episodes. Didn't expect it would end just like that, doesn't feel like an ending at all. Especially how the OP shows the other couples in the series, and we didn't even got a chance to see their stories yet. Hoping there are more to watch.

May 1, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2021
This was an interesting anime for sure to say the least, I never would've expected it to be surrounding an convenience store, so that was a first for me.

Towa & Haruki went through a lot of obstacles to find the ones they love and when they did that it wasn't easy but they managed it together and i'm glad that Towa found love in Mami and Haruki in Miharu. I only hoped that it wouldn't censor the "I love you" with a truck passing by when Haruki was about to confess but it is what it is. It was sad to see the girl passing away, rip to her. I think each character had their own personality in this anime and that's what i liked the most. I hoped that the other characters would've got more screentime but I guess the focus was mainly on the main 4.

Nevertheless it was a nice experience.
May 28, 2023 12:15 AM
May 2023
Personally, I was worried that they would fail to include enough long, drawn out scenes where men run through the streets at night. Luckily, they started to pull through in the second half, though the running scenes were covered with the book's narrative in the last few minutes, which really ruins the feeling of anticipation slowly turning into boredom and then a deadpan stare as I contemplate my own existence. 

Did alright overall but again, could definitely use more long runs through the city at night. 
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM
Aug 2022
Mahiru-San seems to be fine now for surgery.
she's not afraid anymore.
I like the plot.
8/10 by me.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Apr 23, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2017

44 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 20, 2023 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.