Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 7, 9:42 AM

Jan 2008
The gassing of the colony was indeed chilling, proper space nazi type shit. Really effective writing to put a human face on the tragedy with the doomed couple, rather than leaning on spectacle. Sure it was melodramatic, but that's Gundam in a nutshell.

I also loved how the show keeps making you want to sympathise with Dozle while making you feel repulsed at the same time. Nevermind his self-delusion, although the writing doesn't explicitly say as much, but I wouldn't be surprised if his poor wife was basically cooerced into marrying him and pumping out babies too. I mean what was she going to do when he demanded her marriage and babies, turn him down and suffer the consequences? Her kid is probably the only thing keeping her sane.

The look on Sayla's face when she finally had enough gave me goosebumps.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 6 Discussion

Led_Wayline - Aug 8, 2018

29 by Beatnik »»
Oct 7, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 4 Discussion

Boltz - Nov 19, 2016

43 by Beatnik »»
Oct 7, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zurgboy00 - May 21, 2016

68 by Beatnik »»
Oct 6, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fortress_Maximus - Oct 24, 2015

64 by Beatnik »»
Oct 6, 6:54 AM

» Why did that 🤡 Declare war instead of making Peace Negotiations?

Perfectly_Balanc - Nov 5, 2023

4 by Armio »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.