Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 21, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
TKMike said:
I suggest people stop compairing the LN with the anime. Just take a step back, ignore the LN and judge it for what it is. Is it bad?If so, what was bad? Don't use the LN as an example, but objective/valid arguments. Don't use subjetivity like: I enjoyed the LN and the anime didn't adopt it, so the episode was bad.
It's not like we're angry at the changes. But the anime is still rushing too much. I read the LN because I couldn't understand what the characters did most of the time, which guild do they belong to, how they relate with each other, etc etc.
A lot of information is swept away, so a few threads popped here and there to clarify a few things, although they are spoiling stuff the viewer should learn later and not telling all there is to know at this point of the plot.

Annick said:
Why is everybody gaming with their coats on?
Rule of Cool ?

GweAnakJakarta said:
It's kinda been in my mind for a while. Does Tang Rou know who Ye Qiu is?
She's clueless about pro players, because she didn't have any interest in Glory before meeting Ye Xiu, besides helping Chen Guo in the Arena. She only knows the names Ye Qui and Su Mucheng because Chen Guo is fangirling over them, but doesn't actually cares whether Ye Qui = Ye Xui or not, as long as he can teach her.
May 21, 2017 10:55 AM
Jun 2014
Beatrice-KF said:
TKMike said:
I suggest people stop compairing the LN with the anime. Just take a step back, ignore the LN and judge it for what it is. Is it bad?If so, what was bad? Don't use the LN as an example, but objective/valid arguments. Don't use subjetivity like: I enjoyed the LN and the anime didn't adopt it, so the episode was bad.
It's not like we're angry at the changes. But the anime is still rushing too much. I read the LN because I couldn't understand what the characters did most of the time, which guild do they belong to, how they relate with each other, etc etc.
A lot of information is swept away, so a few threads popped here and there to clarify a few things, although they are spoiling stuff the viewer should learn later and not telling all there is to know at this point of the plot.

I have to disagree with you. The anime doesn't really rush things from my point of view. What did they rush? Do we really need to see the main character farming materials every single day? Seeing every battles he has encountered without any relevance to the story?

The important informations(incl. the one you hyperlinked) for as far as I can tell has been explained "enough"(since apparently, LN readers disagrees with this in this episode and some people who doesn't pay enough attention to the anime aswell). Everything can be better, but I myself haven't read the arguments so far of how it can be better, since these suggestions are most of the time subjective. Some people have some valid points(not in this forum but in the previous episodes forums), but often they are clouded by subjectivity instead of objectivity.

The guild names has been mentioned multiple times. Leaders are always associated with the respective guilds they are coming from. Mechanics hasn't been explained in depth, since this is an anime ofcourse. People hates info dumps like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei(even though I enjoyed it alot). Now suddenly, people wants info dump? It feels as if people don't even know what they want themself. The 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 5 v 5 matches has been explained enough in Glory. The reason why pros are good has been explained enough to understand it. The reason why classless heroes are early on the best way to play this game compared to classes like battlemages has been explained enough aswell. The reason why classless hero isn't the meta anymore after the difficulty cap in lvl'ing the classless heroes has been explained enough aswell. People who don't like to game doesn't want detailed information in the first place. The anime is about entertaining the viewers, not promoting a game with all these none existing mechanics the 1/2 part of the viewers don't care about.

People who reads the LN knows more about these mechanics, but that doesn't mean the anime is actually skipping things none readers NEEDS to know. The LN pacing =/= anime pacing and it isn't that important for anime viewers anyways. It's about giving viewers enough information to understand it and for as far as I can tell, it does a decent/good job at it, unless you don't understand the language or doesn't fully read the subs.

Heck people asked those 1 v 1, 3 v 3, 5 v 5 stuffs and blamed the anime didn't explain it, while the anime actually addresses it with enough info for none readers to understand it if they actually paid attention. The same with the crack exploit for the graveyard dungeon. Or people claiming the umbrella weapon has no explanations when the anime adresses the umbrella weapon multiple episodes.

I've read arguments of people claiming it's rushed. Yet most of the cases, the reason why it's rushed is because they didn't pay enough attention(this may be because some can't keep up with the subs).

But I need to quote this:
It's not like we're angry at the changes. But the anime is still rushing too much.

Tbf, most of the arguments so far has been: "The LN did this, the anime didn't, so the anime is rushing things." without explaining if we actually need those scenes which may be fillers to most of the people who doesn't read the LN. If you disagree, just reread this forum. I don't argue with objective criticism, but it kinda annoyed me when I read all these subjective criticism.
TKMikeMay 21, 2017 11:22 AM
May 21, 2017 11:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really like the character developments in this episode, Ye Qiu actually helping out a member from another faction. :D

That 1v1 fight was hype, music and animation were especially good here.

Steamed Bun AYYYYYY
May 21, 2017 12:18 PM
Mar 2017
louissnape said:
RandomComment said:
Exactly what I thought...

Honestly, I did feel that all star 24 was the first "great" spot to end the anime, but to do it in 12 episodes is way too difficult. If it was a 24/25 episode season it'd be much smoother but this is getting rushed.

It will not end on all star, the season will be end on Sin City arc.

I know, i figured it'd end somewhere like that. All star isn't even close but its the first "good" part of the story where the anime could have a satisfying conclusion. Unfortunately if they'll only have 12 episodes and they don't wanna butcher the anime they'll have to awkwardly end it at Sin City which doesn't really conclude anything.
May 21, 2017 3:49 PM
Nov 2010
RandomComment said:

I know, i figured it'd end somewhere like that. All star isn't even close but its the first "good" part of the story where the anime could have a satisfying conclusion. Unfortunately if they'll only have 12 episodes and they don't wanna butcher the anime they'll have to awkwardly end it at Sin City which doesn't really conclude anything.

This anime is planned to have at least 3 seasons, so don't ya worry about this anime only having 1 season.
May 21, 2017 3:57 PM
Jun 2016

Looks like someone from the production team has watched Nanoha.

May 21, 2017 5:15 PM
Mar 2016
Anybody think that their will be a season 2 of this? I was just wondering how their is only 4 episodes left of this season. I mean i know its a new thing and all, but i kind of dont want it to turn out like attack on titan, where i have to wait 3 years for a new season.
May 21, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2009
The 1v1 against Magician is so beautiful :D The soundtrack added hype to it! :D I was nearly crying like Plantago Seed lol

However...... I feel there's a lot of holes while watching..... Like I actually looked forward seeing TangRou fight the other guys... And YiFan's story was like thrown from out of nowhere. Hope he ends up in YeXiu's team :))))
Have got to start reading the novel soon. >.<

I miss Shaotian already... Can we see him now? :((

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 21, 2017 7:16 PM

Nov 2012
MotionKT said:
Anybody think that their will be a season 2 of this? I was just wondering how their is only 4 episodes left of this season. I mean i know its a new thing and all, but i kind of dont want it to turn out like attack on titan, where i have to wait 3 years for a new season.

I'm not certain, but i'm positive that it will have more seasons since it's really big for the Chinese, also merchandise from what i've heard is selling good, at least in China.
May 21, 2017 7:56 PM
Mar 2016
MagePhaira said:
The 1v1 against Magician is so beautiful :D The soundtrack added hype to it! :D I was nearly crying like Plantago Seed lol

However...... I feel there's a lot of holes while watching..... Like I actually looked forward seeing TangRou fight the other guys... And YiFan's story was like thrown from out of nowhere. Hope he ends up in YeXiu's team :))))
Have got to start reading the novel soon. >.<

I miss Shaotian already... Can we see him now? :((

https://www.webnovel.com/book/7176992105000305
Their yah go if you ever want to read it
May 21, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2009
MotionKT said:

Thank you :)) Though I actually have the link already. I was just waiting for our final exams to end :)
Oh is there like a download link for the novel?

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 21, 2017 8:33 PM
Mar 2016
MagePhaira said:
MotionKT said:

Thank you :)) Though I actually have the link already. I was just waiting for our final exams to end :)
Oh is there like a download link for the novel?

Sadly i have no clue, maybe coph and pasting into google drive or doc. Right now i just read some chapters a night bevause fina ls are in a month for me.
May 21, 2017 10:15 PM

Aug 2011
I liked the episode. Fantastic action!
Looks like stuff is moving towards a new pro team! Hype!
May 22, 2017 1:20 AM
Apr 2017
GabrielWB said:

they have fixed it in official version

http://i1.piimg.com/1949/3f7b5274a9e0cd2d.jpg
ycchen226May 22, 2017 1:27 AM
May 22, 2017 1:29 AM

May 2015
GabrielWB said:

also looks like someone played cabal online force blader.
May 22, 2017 1:31 AM

Mar 2016
Another awesome episode! I was so sucked into the episode that 20 min went by in what seemed like 5! I can't wait to see the action continue in the next episode!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 22, 2017 2:31 AM
Apr 2017
Ritsu_Kawai said:
GabrielWB said:

also looks like someone played cabal online force blader.

Seem like CMay's staff accidentally use that as materiel without knowing the source. They did change and reupload it on Bilibili.tv few hours later when they realized the problem, but the fansub was still using the previous upload.
May 22, 2017 8:10 AM

Sep 2009
Blaah, didn't show most of the other matches. Also, that yaoi moment o.O
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 25, 2017 3:00 AM
Oct 2016
Beatrice-KF said:
eplipswich said:
But seriously? Nobody here is commenting on Steamed Bun Invasion's real-life appearance in this episode? Lol. I know you guys probably already saw that coming, but still.
Honestly when he appeared, I was even in doubt about his identity, until he said his name. Because he's not supposed to appear in this cafe until Ye Xui and Chen Guo decides to make a pro team and buy a residence, which is around chapter 500 in the novel. Even Concealed Light hasn't been introduced yet, and Yifan barely started his ghostblade.

Ovelhazinha said:
I liked all episodes so far and probably because i never read the novels hehe

does Yifan ever joins Lord's Grim team? :P he gave him tips, saw he has potential and since from what i saw in the last episode Tiny Herb doesnt have big expectations for him, is that a possibility? him joining Lord Grim?

p.s. love how the weapon will evolve into a dual sword in the next episode... cant wait !!!!!

I read the novel in english, so far the translation is up to chapter 635.

awesomeeeee... love it :D
May 25, 2017 3:35 AM
May 2016
Not sure how the series is gonna go, but it is too rush compared to the novel. Many hilarious and good parts are missed out. Will they be trying to finish the whole novel in one season?
May 25, 2017 4:28 AM
Nov 2010
JIAYI_Rawr said:
Not sure how the series is gonna go, but it is too rush compared to the novel. Many hilarious and good parts are missed out. Will they be trying to finish the whole novel in one season?

No, this anime is planned for at least 3 seasons. They're currently only at chapter 145 out of about 1700 chapters.
May 25, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
Was hoping they'd make Wang's eyes more obvious. Ah well.

May 25, 2017 8:05 PM
May 2017
Lemon said:

The Chinese fujoshi fans will burn the Tencent building if they do this..........
May 26, 2017 9:15 PM
Apr 2017
lollideath said:
Lemon said:

The Chinese fujoshi fans will burn the Tencent building if they do this..........

Well, recently I saw news on weibo, Tencent's new building was set on fire....
May 26, 2017 10:31 PM
May 2017
pharali said:
lollideath said:

Hahhaahahah maybe some Glory fans did it, I dunno.....Tencent is located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, is Blue Rain there? I know Excellent Era is in Hangzhou...
May 28, 2017 11:35 AM
Aug 2015
CtrlZED said:
\(^▽^)/ STEAMED BUN INVASION HYPE!!! \(^▽^)/

Probably one of the best entrances I've ever seen! The music is excellent (reminds me of "Stayin' Alive lol xD)
May 29, 2017 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Surprised he would run away and log out like that. Also ending in a draw was strange. Didn't know that could happen.
May 30, 2017 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
Having not read the LN I must say it doesn't seem like anything's missing. Sure, I noticed they skipped over a few of the matches but they showed who won and I gathered that the players were gaining valuable experience. I thought this was a great episode.
Jun 1, 2017 1:16 AM

Mar 2017
Okay, I didn't really pay attention to watching this episode the first time because I was with someone. Now I rewatched it and I'm left dumbfounded.

Is this Magician guy lazy, complacent, or just incompetent? He's suppose to be helping these newbies in the training division yet he couldn't see for god knows how long what MC-kun noticed after just a few matches with Yifan? He's suppose to be helping the kid improve yet he couldn't be arsed enough to notice the playstyle doesn't suit the kid? Is our god MC-kun the only one with half a brain among these fast button mashers?

And don't get me started on the APM again. When you play the game at the highest level, the APM gap tends to narrow a lot. It becomes more about knowing all the options available to the enemy, predicting which one he'll chose, and then proactively stopping it instead of being reactive and defensive.

When you play a game with peers, its the prediction game that matters which comes down to boring things like good game sense, game knowledge, and vision. When there are four enemies missing on the minimap and you are overextending and in a bad position without any allies nearby, you know there is a good chance that they are ganking you. Because if you're in their shoes you'd be ganking your out of position ass too. You move to the trees, under the fog of war and teleport out as fast as you can. If your first warning of trouble isn't an empty minimap but a Fissure through the fog of war and a gank party jumping on top of you, you're dead.

For once could someone say "He's going to do this thing. How do I know? Because if I were him, that's what I'd do."
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jun 1, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2009
le_halfhand_easy said:
Is this Magician guy lazy, complacent, or just incompetent? He's suppose to be helping these newbies in the training division yet he couldn't see for god knows how long what MC-kun noticed after just a few matches with Yifan? He's suppose to be helping the kid improve yet he couldn't be arsed enough to notice the playstyle doesn't suit the kid? Is our god MC-kun the only one with half a brain among these fast button mashers?
Qiao Yifan and Gao Yingjie joined Tiny Herb at the same time I believe as newcomer pros.
Gao Yingjie stood out as a bright star who could become the next Magician (inherit Wang Jiexi's character and title), so he is being trained to inherit it.
Living in Gao Yingjie's HUMONGOUS shadow, Qiao Yifan didn't get much face. Although he pays attention to his teammates and tries to support them, the treat him like a gopher rather than a teammate.

Later in the WN, Ye Xiu mentions that most of the Clubs aren't set up to nurture people, but more like a group to mold people into copies of the previous owners of the high-end character's owners. There's a quote, something like: Pro players grow old and weaken, but the characters are forever.
Jun 6, 2017 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
lollideath said:
pharali said:

Hahhaahahah maybe some Glory fans did it, I dunno.....Tencent is located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, is Blue Rain there? I know Excellent Era is in Hangzhou...
Yup. They're annoying canto speakers in G-city which is Guangzhou.

I shouldn't laugh about the Tencent fire but considering this comment chain it's kinda hilarious.
Jun 6, 2017 6:46 PM
Jun 2017
le_halfhand_easy said:
Okay, I didn't really pay attention to watching this episode the first time because I was with someone. Now I rewatched it and I'm left dumbfounded.

And don't get me started on the APM again. When you play the game at the highest level, the APM gap tends to narrow a lot. It becomes more about knowing all the options available to the enemy, predicting which one he'll choose, and then proactively stopping it instead of being reactive and defensive.

When you play a game with peers, its the prediction game that matters which comes down to boring things like good game sense, game knowledge, and vision. When there are four enemies missing on the minimap and you are overextending and in a bad position without any allies nearby, you know there is a good chance that they are ganking you. Because if you're in their shoes you'd be ganking your out of position ass too. You move to the trees, under the fog of war and teleport out as fast as you can. If your first warning of trouble isn't an empty minimap but a Fissure through the fog of war and a gank party jumping on top of you, you're dead.

For once could someone say "He's going to do this thing. How do I know? Because if I were him, that's what I'd do."

Wang Jiexi's personality is elusive BUT he said in the novel that Yifan would do better in another environment and he ain't stopping the kid from doing whatever he wants. Team Tiny Herb is 2 time champion so they require their members to strive harder than Ye Xiu's team; therefore, in such a pressure environment, Yifan would not do his best. Yifan showed some promising skills as an assassin but his ghostblade is better. All parties: Ye Xiu, Yifan, and Jiexi understand this dilemma so they accept Yifan's decision. It is a matter of where you grow up and Yifan doesn't do well in high pressured teams. In fact, Yifan is not even bullied in the novel version. The captain really respects his playstyle as a Ghostplay, even reprimands other Tiny Herb members for dissing Yifan when they find out Yifan's new character.

All the tactics you said are in in the novel. The anime does a bad job at describing it but they do say some about the skills ( 4 shadow steps, aerial fire, curse trap, throwing weapons to lessen character's weight, etc) so you should not focus too much on the APM.

kyled00m said:

Gao Yingjie stood out as a bright star who could become the next Magician (inherit Wang Jiexi's character and title), so he is being trained to inherit it.

Yingjie is supposed to inherit Vaccaria (Jiexi's character) but not the Magician title. It is only rewarded to Wang Jiexi because it is his personal playstyle.
pla-btoomJun 6, 2017 6:51 PM
Jun 6, 2017 8:55 PM
Jun 2017
le_halfhand_easy said:

Say...why does captain Wang just HAS to notice the kid while there is an entire team for him to manage plus a much more promising player (Yingjie) to get trained also plus matches probably to play against the others? Could he just 'happen' to ignore this kid's talent simply because he's not bothered to invest time and effort on him? It's like asking why no one else in Log Horizon figured out how to make food tasty right before Nyanko Sensei did? (No offense, just don't quite get your logic)
Jun 7, 2017 12:34 AM

Mar 2017
pla-btoom said:

Wang Jiexi's personality is elusive BUT he said in the novel that Yifan would do better in another environment and he ain't stopping the kid from doing whatever he wants. Team Tiny Herb is 2 time champion so they require their members to strive harder than Ye Xiu's team; therefore, in such a pressure environment, Yifan would not do his best. Yifan showed some promising skills as an assassin but his ghostblade is better. All parties: Ye Xiu, Yifan, and Jiexi understand this dilemma so they accept Yifan's decision. It is a matter of where you grow up and Yifan doesn't do well in high pressured teams. In fact, Yifan is not even bullied in the novel version. The captain really respects his playstyle as a Ghostplay, even reprimands other Tiny Herb members for dissing Yifan when they find out Yifan's new character.

Not much of a teacher then, is he? Did I say I have a problem with how they treated the kid? No. The problem was how could someone supposed to guide them, heck paid to guide them, can't be arsed enough to do stuff like guiding them. That's like a prof giving up on someone who's making the effort to pass without offering consultations.

pla-btoom said:

All the tactics you said are in in the novel. The anime does a bad job at describing it but they do say some about the skills ( 4 shadow steps, aerial fire, curse trap, throwing weapons to lessen character's weight, etc) so you should not focus too much on the APM.

Look, Armlet-toggling and Manta-disjoints are cool and all, mechanical reflexes reliant as they are but kindly focus on my statement? It happens to seek something not, well, overly reliant on how much faster can you mush a button.

le_halfhand_easy said:

And don't get me started on the APM again. When you play the game at the highest level, the APM gap tends to narrow a lot. It becomes more about knowing all the options available to the enemy, predicting which one he'll choose, and then proactively stopping it instead of being reactive and defensive.

chzcy said:

Say...why does captain Wang just HAS to notice the kid while there is an entire team for him to manage plus a much more promising player (Yingjie) to get trained also plus matches probably to play against the others? Could he just 'happen' to ignore this kid's talent simply because he's not bothered to invest time and effort on him? It's like asking why no one else in Log Horizon figured out how to make food tasty right before Nyanko Sensei did? (No offense, just don't quite get your logic)

Nyanta, in the Akihabara server, yes. And frankly, that's not as laughably idiotic as how incompetent Brigandia was during the first mini-arc battle or why Shiroe made the final raid in S2 with player levels less than Lvl90. Oh and because it happened to flow into the Burger arc, which I can't holler much about because it's brilliant how they manage to setup something so simple and minute a detail into one of the greatest turning point in the show.

As for the rest, look up.
EankiJun 7, 2017 12:37 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Jun 7, 2017 4:11 AM
Jun 2017
le_halfhand_easy said:

Not much of a teacher then, is he? Did I say I have a problem with how they treated the kid? No. The problem was how could someone supposed to guide them, heck paid to guide them, can't be arsed enough to do stuff like guiding them. That's like a prof giving up on someone who's making the effort to pass without offering consultations.

He did guide him in becoming an Assasin since Yifan has some team support talent and their previous Assasin player retired. Therefore, Yifan inherited it with the support of his captain. Why doesn't he help Yifan play Ghostblade? Because the captain is stuck with many problems if he switches to Ghostblade, mostly how it would have affected other more talented members' classes. So he will sacrifice three or four more players just to fit with Yifan, who is not really the prodigy
? Even Wang Jiexi has to sacrifice for the team. Look, no one is perfect. If the captain can resolve the dilemma, he would have been the Supreme God of Glory aka the OP MC.
Jun 7, 2017 6:44 AM
May 2017
Lemon said:
lollideath said:

I shouldn't laugh about the Tencent fire but considering this comment chain it's kinda hilarious.

Cough cough I am Cantonese Hakka and I speak s bit of canto I like Blue Rain >< Huang Shaotian, Lu Hanyun and Blue River are adorable ><
Beijing dialect speakers are more annoying including Ye Xiu
But I will support Big Eye Wang and his tiny herb even though it's a BJ team
The green theme color of tiny herb reminds me of their soccer team Beijing Guoan....who we call "green hair turtle" LOL
Jun 7, 2017 9:51 AM
Jun 2017
[quote=le_halfhand_easy message=51013103]
pla-btoom said:

No. The problem was how could someone supposed to guide them, heck paid to guide them, can't be arsed enough to do stuff like guiding them. That's like a prof giving up on someone who's making the effort to pass without offering consultations.

I see. So first, it seems we can both accept that even in great shows such as Log Horizon there are just settings like 'things are just the way it is' so story can go on.

Now, let's get back to this kid: although the anime hasn't revealed how the coaching system works for 'Glory' yet, but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out that Glory is still quite young as a competitive game (10 years seems long for an e-sports but really isn't a 'history' compare to any kind of traditional sports), there isn't any textbook that systematically covers how 'right things' should be done in all aspects, and even if the club 'did' hire coaches, they are very likely to be retired players who just train with their own experience as players.

Besides, we all once had bad teachers/coaches at school in real life, right? So why it surprises you that the coaches from the club (if they exist) aren't doing their job well?

I see you always have a problem with our MC being OP but consider this, MC is good enough to spot the kid's talent because he is a good and also VERY EXPERIENCED player (who witnessed the entire history of this game), so 'being excellent as a coach' is not just some random gift that suddenly added to this character in order to make a story.

I fully understand why you don't like stories with an OP MC, but as far as I can see, everything is still holding up logically.
Jun 7, 2017 7:03 PM

Feb 2014
lollideath said:
Lemon said:

Cough cough I am Cantonese Hakka and I speak s bit of canto I like Blue Rain >< Huang Shaotian, Lu Hanyun and Blue River are adorable ><
The green theme color of tiny herb reminds me of their soccer team Beijing Guoan....who we call "green hair turtle" LOL
lololololol 龟安 I feel you re: Ye Xiu's arrogant BJ grumble. The show's actually pretty standard on the voices, I expected heavier regional accents actually since the fans seem pretty into that.

I'm a Mando and Wu speaker, so there's always Samsara since Excellent Era was a bust but I doubt my real N-city bros at 呼啸 will appear this season.
LemonJun 7, 2017 7:30 PM
Jun 7, 2017 8:17 PM
May 2017
Lemon said:
lollideath said:

lololololol 龟安 I feel you re: Ye Xiu's arrogant BJ grumble. The show's actually pretty standard on the voices, I expected heavier regional accents actually since the fans seem pretty into that.

I'm a Mando and Wu speaker, so there's always Samsara since Excellent Era was a bust but I doubt my real N-city bros at 呼啸 will appear this season.

Ahh Samsara is in Wu area? The novel said it's in City X and I was thinking of Xiamen. Didn't know 呼啸 is in City N either. Ningbo? 赵禹哲 is pretty cute
Is Butterfly Blue from Wu area? So many teams there....

I saw people complain about YE Xiu's accent although I can hardly tell he has an accent...he has been living in HZ for about 10 years, it would be weird if he still speaks super Beijing-y.
lollideathJun 7, 2017 8:37 PM
Jun 7, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2014
lollideath said:
Lemon said:

Ahh Samsara is in Wu area? The novel said it's in City X and I was thinking of Xiamen. Didn't know 呼啸 is in City N either. Ningbo? 赵禹哲 is pretty cute

I saw people complain about YE Xiu's accent although I can hardly tell he has an accent...he has been living in HZ for about 10 years, it would be weird if he still speaks super Beijing-y.
Nah 虚空 is in X. Like 呼啸 I don't think they've got an English name yet.

Samsara is in S, which people seem to agree is Shanghai but that Hangzhou to Shanghai plane journey?????? who knows... As for 呼啸 I'm rooting for Ningbo but Nanjing is the most popular guess ):

赵禹哲 is okay... This guy's so much more fun though:

Butterfly Blue is from BJ but the Wu bias amongst the fans is so real:

Once a BJ人 always a BJ人. Ye Xiu's not like taxi-driver level bad but idk man the way he always sounds like he's sneering, that 霸气...
LemonJun 7, 2017 9:33 PM
Jun 7, 2017 9:40 PM
May 2017
Lemon said:
lollideath said:

Nah 虚空 is in X. Like 呼啸 I don't think they've got an English name yet.

Samsara is in S, which people seem to agree is Shanghai but that Hangzhou to Shanghai plane journey?????? who knows... As for 呼啸 I root for Ningbo though Nanjing is the most popular guess ): 赵禹哲 is okay but this guy's so much more fun:

Butterfly Blue is from BJ but the Wu bias amongst the fans is so real:

Once a BJ人 always a BJ人. It's not taxi-driver level but idk man the way he always sounds like he's sneering, that 霸气...

LOL Tyranny is in Shangdong...I can totally see that. Hundred Blossoms in Yunnan and Misty Rain in 江南 too
No Sichuan, Dongbei teams or more Canton teams...so disappointing!
Jun 8, 2017 11:55 AM
Jun 2017
chzcy said:

I fully understand why you don't like stories with an OP MC, but as far as I can see, everything is still holding up logically.

Ah I have read the whole novel and I am just a bit uncomfortable with how much the MC and his team can get away with.
My feeling when reading the novel is like: Pick a fav who is not in his group -> watch it as they cry being destroyed, I cry -> pick another fav who is not in his group -> watch it as they cry being destroyed, I cry -> etc. I mean by the end of the novel, you will pretty much realize Ye Xiu is the only "evil" in this story. He comes here to fuck everyone up. (<- this is not spoiler, you guys know he is pretty shameless since episode 1). I don't deny he is an interesting character but he gets boring after 1700 chapters.
Jun 8, 2017 6:02 PM
May 2017
pla-btoom said:
chzcy said:

Ah I have read the whole novel and I am just a bit uncomfortable with how much the MC and his team can get away with.
My feeling when reading the novel is like: Pick a fav who is not in his group -> watch it as they cry being destroyed, I cry -> pick another fav who is not in his group -> watch it as they cry being destroyed, I cry -> etc. I mean by the end of the novel, you will pretty much realize Ye Xiu is the only "evil" in this story. He comes here to fuck everyone up. (<- this is not spoiler, you guys know he is pretty shameless since episode 1). I don't deny he is an interesting character but he gets boring after 1700 chapters.

I am already feeling the same after 600+ chapters....I am still reading because I want to know more about the other teams, but knowing that they will eventually be fucked by the OP MC is annoying
Jun 8, 2017 7:00 PM
Jun 2017
lollideath said:

I am already feeling the same after 600+ chapters....I am still reading because I want to know more about the other teams, but knowing that they will eventually be fucked by the OP MC is annoying

To be honest, other teams are the things that hooked me up so please keep reading.
Jun 11, 2017 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
... wow, he really did combat log...

The pro duel was pretty exciting.

"Retired" pro is training his new team to take the championship it seems.
Jun 15, 2017 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
Even his trash-talking is worth learning? Hot damn! That is one sweet compliment there from one of the top 5 Glory players.

The Magician is being dragged down by skills of his own teammates? Unleash The Magician! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 19, 2017 2:14 AM

Dec 2016
Ye Xiu is such a cocky bastard (XD) but he's the fucking best so it's not like anyone can do anything about it!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 10, 2017 3:56 PM

May 2012
Nice episode and quite an interesting introduction of a new character at the end? Looking forward to see what's next!
Jul 10, 2017 3:59 PM
Jul 2017
RafaelDeJongh said:
Nice episode and quite an interesting introduction of a new character at the end? Looking forward to see what's next!

Dude really? U gonna marathon this season in one day? Why rush it man, take it easy, lol
Jul 10, 2017 4:26 PM

May 2012
SolonC said:

Dude really? U gonna marathon this season in one day? Why rush it man, take it easy, lol

I marathon practically everything, you might want to check my profile description ;) I must say though, that this series is slower as I do find it lacking in some parts, it's interesting but it doesn't keep my attention for two episodes after each other :p
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

164 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

226 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

echiomega - Apr 14, 2017

139 by nightjasmine »»
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjkm »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.