Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2016 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
Why does Seres have Laphi's comb? And what does Seres wish?
I didn't understand what she means.
Aug 14, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
CC9ers said:
wex89 said:
What the actually F ???? i got it that 2 episode would be enough for marketiong berseria but it will have 12 episode and zestria will not be back till DECEMBER?? I will drop this anime seems.

Dropping because you don't want to wait? Petty reasoning you have there.
There also coming back next week...not december
Sup...
Aug 14, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2009
ryanstrike said:
Why does Seres have Laphi's comb? And what does Seres wish?
I didn't understand what she means.

We gotta play the game to find out.
Aug 14, 2016 1:27 PM
Aug 2016
So besically she want to kill the person who save the world? Because he sacrifice her brother to gain the power?
Aug 14, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
I cant help but laugh at how they decided to do this. We all agree, at least the people who played the games, that ToZ plot is pretty bad, but to do a two episode promotion from 5-6 and then skip them out for the rest of the show? (At least that's what's being implied here) That's retarded.
Aug 14, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
So there was no connection made to the main plot made guess this was just a commercial for Berseria which was a waste of time this should have been separate from ToZ anime.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Velvet she just comes across as a one dimensional revenge seeking character and hate her character design.
Aug 14, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2009
Fayt89 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Velvet she just comes across as a one dimensional revenge seeking character and hate her character design.

Seeking revenge doesn't necessarily means she's one-dimensional. Clearly she's not obsessed with revenge to the point of being self-absorbed. Despite her grudge, she has a clear head on her shoulders and is actually pretty quick witted. She can also think strategically. Also, she's not totally devoid of feelings; she was clearly distressed over what happened to Seres. And on top of that, she's not opposing Artorius merely out of anger; she actually doesn't agree with his world view.

All in all, I don't think she's one-dimensional at all. Not even close.
Aug 14, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2007
Tyrel said:
I cant help but laugh at how they decided to do this. We all agree, at least the people who played the games, that ToZ plot is pretty bad, but to do a two episode promotion from 5-6 and then skip them out for the rest of the show? (At least that's what's being implied here) That's retarded.

I can only hope that Velvet somehow appears in the present times and stuff as a plot twist and the marketing is that you have to play Berseria to find out what happened in between.

Otherwise adapting Zestiria literally makes no sense as advertisement.
Aug 14, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
I feel it's a mistake to have made two episodes of Berseria in the middle of Zestiria - not just because the transition between the two timeliness was janky but - because the appeal of Berseria's more edgy focus on action and revenge will always overshadow the more thoughtful and spiritual tale of Zestiria.

I mean, Zestiria (the game) has its problems, but there's a reason it's my favorite Tales experience. Kind of hard to see it with Berseria looming over it. Like crushing a sprout before it gets the chance to bloom :/

Anyway, that aside, ep 2 of Berseria was an incredible improvement on ep 1. I hope the game ends up delivering on the anime's promises.
Aug 14, 2016 2:26 PM

Dec 2014
Well... I guess that was that, now back to Sorey next week O_o
I suppose these last 2 eps did their job at increasing my hype for Berseria because it certainly looks pretty cool
Aug 14, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
Fayt89 said:
So there was no connection made to the main plot made guess this was just a commercial for Berseria which was a waste of time this should have been separate from ToZ anime.

I think it was pretty obvious that Atorious is the first shephard and he gained that power by sacrificing an innocent life so i don't really think it had nothing to do with the plot.
Aug 14, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Theorder14 said:
Fayt89 said:

I think it was pretty obvious that Atorious is the first shephard and he gained that power by sacrificing an innocent life so i don't really think it had nothing to do with the plot.

If it wasn't stated beforehand there was nothing in these 2 episodes to show that the 2 games are in the same universe.
Aug 14, 2016 2:55 PM
Mar 2016
when FLOW song for Tales of Besteria more better than song for Tales of Zestiria The X LOL
Besteria Concept very good, Daemon Eater who eat "all you can eat"
hope any grand battle Daemon Eater vs Exorciser or Three Way Wars
yeah enough for promote a game

now back to Zestiria
Aug 14, 2016 3:17 PM

May 2015
good fight with dragon.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 14, 2016 3:37 PM

May 2015
Velvet is badass. That was some great music as well. So it seems like we will switch back to Zestiria next time? Kinda unfortunate, since I like Berseria more so far... Such a weird transition. Well, guess that's advertisement for you.
ReverberateAug 14, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 14, 2016 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
Dat Berseria opening kicks ass!
TBH, I'd prefer Berseria anime over Zestiria.
We have better characters here. Also, story seems to be more interesting.
Aug 14, 2016 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
This adaptation is making me more and more excited, the battle in this episode was quite exhilarating, and I'm curious about the characters, but what makes me really excited is to imagine how the two storylines will cross, I'm already looking forward to the next episodes ..
Aug 14, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
Seres' "dead" so that means one less confirmation that she is indeed Lailah.... though I'm still hoping that's the case considering she might just turned into that ring so she still kind of "lives".

FLOW nailed the OP again, as usual. No complains here.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Aug 14, 2016 4:16 PM

Nov 2015
I though Rewrite's CGI is bad... But now this?
Great soundtrack and the opening at the end though, 3/5.
Aug 14, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
I love Velvet. She is so freaking badass. That was an impressive throw.
Amazing sword play with Oscar.
That dragon was menacing. Magilou showed up. She is quite cheerful.

R.I.P Seres. At least she was able to give Velvet a power up & absorb the dragon in the end. Loved the insert song during the battle.

Great OP song for Berseria.
Let the adventure begin in the game which I am looking forward to next year.

Back to Zestiria next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 14, 2016 4:41 PM

Aug 2015
We finally got to see the OP for Berseria so I'm satisfied. I'll be looking forward to the next episode since it seems we'll be going back to Zestiria's story.
Aug 14, 2016 5:07 PM

Sep 2014
If you look at these episode apart from Zestiria, they're pretty good. But throwing these in the middle of another story? I hope they had a sound reason to do this in the middle of Zestiria other than advertising their new game.
Aug 14, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2008
Starting to think this is just gonna be a advertisement for the Berseria game. Nice to see the game opening at the end. Lookin forward to the actual game too.

Magilou looks like she's gonna be quite the fun and cheeky character. Every tales game has one.
Aug 14, 2016 5:31 PM

Jul 2016
I certainly did not see Velvet devouring Seres at all! HOWEVER, it does not remove the possibility that Seres is indeed Lailah. If you played Zestiria, you would know why it's not impossible!

I didn't expect a dragon fight either. It came out of nowhere, but I enjoyed it regardless. I expected Oscar to be a typical sword-user. I did not expect him to have magics and all :P

Aug 14, 2016 6:12 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I got to say Velvet had a great start for the beginning of her journey I can't wait to see what unfolds later in the game whenever it releases in english. Whoa was that the games opening? I got to say I like the song but it wasn't the best one for the series. Though I enjoy those scenes they really nailed it.

Dab1za9 said:

She isn't fighting him and i wouldn't expect any crossover those two episodes was just to the promote the game and nothing else.

It look more like she was assisting him but I don't expect a crossover other then what they did just now for the two episodes. This is clearly what they did last year for Tales of Zestiria's release but instead of just making an hour prologue special they give me the best possible thing. I get a story within a story about what happens in the past, if I want to know more then get the game in 4 more days. :P I rather have this type of promotion since I feel it flows way more and this anime even though it could be Zestiria for the rest is still giving the new game promotion.
Aug 14, 2016 6:55 PM
Jan 2015
Berseria anime please, we need more Velvet and her badassery.
My Queens

Aug 14, 2016 6:57 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode but I'm really glad we are back to Zestiria next week
Aug 14, 2016 7:18 PM

Oct 2014
This really should've been an OVA or placed elsewhere. As an anime only watcher, I'm very confused as to what's going on.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Aug 14, 2016 7:29 PM
Jan 2016
Well animation and the two eps in general were good, however I can't help but but feel mad to have two ad episodes that basically has nothing to do with the principal anime

If they wanted to promote the game so bad, well make ova or sth idk
Aug 14, 2016 7:31 PM
Nov 2015
2 many waifu 4 me

3/5
Aug 14, 2016 7:45 PM
Mar 2015
zzshcl said:
Well animation and the two eps in general were good, however I can't help but but feel mad to have two ad episodes that basically has nothing to do with the principal anime

If they wanted to promote the game so bad, well make ova or sth idk

Probably we will see more of Velvet and company in future episodes. The X in the title must meen something and we just have to wait to find out
Aug 14, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
as much as i enjoyed this glad were back to Zesty next week,mainly because this felt like the first 2 -3 hours or so.

just glad i can finally listen to Burn without the characters talking over it!
Aug 14, 2016 8:12 PM

Feb 2014
I really don't see the point of the last 2 episodes. They have been cool and entertaining but why have it smack in the middle of a Zestiria anime. Please get back to Zestiria and some story/world building.

Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
This really should've been an OVA or placed elsewhere. As an anime only watcher, I'm very confused as to what's going on.

Yep my thoughts exactly.
Aug 14, 2016 8:19 PM

Jul 2015
FLOW with great OP as usual <3 and Eleanor!

Meh, JP getting Berseria on the 18th, while we wait for next year :'(

Aaand we're back to Zestiria!

As for the Berseria episodes, I can only think of it as what happened before Zestiria, how 'Seres' may be Lailah, and the Shepherd story.

Oh well, we'll know how they're going to relate the two Tales when someone with a JP version finishes soon
ronpdeeAug 14, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 14, 2016 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
I liked this side of the story more...

Aug 14, 2016 8:44 PM

Mar 2015
What a fight!!

That dragon was glorious!

Looking forward to seeing how they tie this together with eps 1-4.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 14, 2016 8:53 PM

Jun 2011
eXtacy67 said:
I really don't see the point of the last 2 episodes. They have been cool and entertaining but why have it smack in the middle of a Zestiria anime. Please get back to Zestiria and some story/world building.

Toa_of_Gallifrey said:

Yep my thoughts exactly.

In this ep, we saw Artorious sacrificing some1 to gain the power to save the world. He was surrounded by spiritual beings which are spiritual beings a.k.a seraphims. Surely you guys can make an connection. It seems likely that this was the origin of the shephards powers.
Aug 14, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2013
Zestiria will be back next week. I'm glad it's back to its course(coz even if Berseria was good, the transition between the two series is bad).

Still, I hope there will be more on Berseria materials though.
Aug 14, 2016 10:09 PM

Oct 2015
Finally this is the last one. I didn't came here to see a typical revenge rpg plot whose protagonist is a emo girl with Allen Walker's arm.
SaeLiuSAug 14, 2016 11:40 PM
Aug 14, 2016 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
Dodokoce said:
I though Rewrite's CGI is bad... But now this?
Great soundtrack and the opening at the end though, 3/5.
Rewrite's CGI is shit. You can't really compare the CGI's. I bet you a dragon CGI is far more tougher than those crappy whatever Gaia creatures were.
Aug 14, 2016 10:49 PM
Aug 2012
Sigh do people really believe Beseria cast is going to show up again or steal the show? Nobody is stupid enough to show the full story of a new game that's going to come out in a few months or the next year to be exact. It was advertising at it's best and you can try to make connections with Zestiria cast and events.
Personally i am more interested in the connection between Ceres and Lailah but we will have to wait for that. It would be really funny if Lailah was actually Velvet+Ceres (Fused) at the end of Beseria.

Aug 14, 2016 11:23 PM

Sep 2009
Theorder14 said:

In this ep, we saw Artorious sacrificing some1 to gain the power to save the world. He was surrounded by spiritual beings which are spiritual beings a.k.a seraphims. Surely you guys can make an connection. It seems likely that this was the origin of the shephards powers.

I REALLY fucking doubt they needed to fully animated an entire two episode side story, which is really another main story, to delve into seraphim lore; and to drop it in the middle of a completely different story no less. I mean honestly, did we really need to know that much to understand what's happening currently? It's like if you asked me about the PS1 and I go on a tangent about the history of gaming. We don't need a crash course when a simple explanation is more than sufficient.

Having said that the last two episodes were interesting on their own but sets up an entirely new plot... in the middle of a plot. It's just probably the weirdest thing I've seen in the history of unnecessary Anime expositions. It's completely off topic, but just as intriguing. Completely detached from what we were shown previously, but it seems more interesting than the former. Bears no consequence to the narrative, but oddly is the most satisfying to watch so far. It's not bad, I'd actually consider it great if it had been on it's own, but it's just really fucking odd.

Tyrel said:
Rewrite's CGI is shit. You can't really compare the CGI's. I bet you a dragon CGI is far more tougher than those crappy whatever Gaia creatures were.

I'm not usually a CGI whore as long as it doesn't break the immersion. I am however always gonna moan about things being cloaked in absolute darkness (I.E pitch fucking black). At worse the dragon appears to be just a blur and at best you can just make out that it's suppose to be a dragon. I doubt having it done by hand would of been much better as you could barely even see the damn thing.
Aug 14, 2016 11:35 PM

Sep 2011
@LordLagann

I could see it just fine lol o_O. Everything about from the moment it appeared, to when it died was a dragon. There was no moments of "Just a blur".

https://puu.sh/qBRZy.jpg
https://puu.sh/qBRZy.jpg
Aug 14, 2016 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
If they're serious in going through with this Berseria promotion then I just hope that plot in Zestiria and Berseria would interconnect because otherwise, this would've been a waste of time. A separate OVA would've sufficed.
Aug 14, 2016 11:43 PM

Jul 2015
ah... so basically these past two episodes were like an advertisement of the future game in the anime!?! WTF!
All of my theories are useless now :|
I thought they were flash forward and the "Artorius" they talk about is the future "Sorey" that gone too far to save the world. Even that "Seres" character ( the one that sacrifice her self in the end) was so slimier to "Maltran" (the adviser for the Alisha hime) by the hair color, voice and body shape! So i thought they are the same.
Damn you studio, the story would have been so cool that way x)
John_MaxAug 14, 2016 11:48 PM
Aug 14, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2010
i know Velvet is cool, and Berseria definitely looks cool, but at this point i dont care about it since nothing in the two episodes seems relevant to Zestiria. except the very subtle mention that the dragon was a form of malevolence... but wasn't it obvious? if that's the end of Berseria involvement then i will be very disappointed.
Aug 14, 2016 11:58 PM

Jul 2016
petalshreds said:
i know Velvet is cool, and Berseria definitely looks cool, but at this point i dont care about it since nothing in the two episodes seems relevant to Zestiria. except the very subtle mention that the dragon was a form of malevolence... but wasn't it obvious? if that's the end of Berseria involvement then i will be very disappointed.

Velvet appears to be the first Lord of Calamity. Before focusing on Berseria (last 2 episodes), Lailah talked about the Lord of Calamity a little. Given enough time, the Lord of Calamity can alter the world itself.

The episode that introduced Velvet is called "The Dawn of Chaos". Velvet's actions are going to cause chaos around the world and change it, forever. In that sense, she may very well be the Lord of Calamity.

In Zestiria, the Shepherd is the savior of the world (well, mostly, I could go into details but that may be a bit spoiler-ish). In Berseria, it paints the Shepherd as not so good.

In Zestiria, the Lord of Calamity is painted as an evil being. If Velvet is indeed the first Lord of Calamity, she's being painted as an anti-hero. She may even be Chaotic-Good.

Aug 15, 2016 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
The prequel of Zestiria's story is finally finished (Berseria) for now . . . the origin of malevolence. Now back to the present. Berseria and Zestiria are in the same world. Berseria is in the past. I don't know how long the time gap is.
Aug 15, 2016 12:07 AM

May 2010
FrozenSheep said:
petalshreds said:

Velvet appears to be the first Lord of Calamity. Before focusing on Berseria (last 2 episodes), Lailah talked about the Lord of Calamity a little. Given enough time, the Lord of Calamity can alter the world itself.

The episode that introduced Velvet is called "The Dawn of Chaos". Velvet's actions are going to cause chaos around the world and change it, forever. In that sense, she may very well be the Lord of Calamity.

In Zestiria, the Shepherd is the savior of the world (well, mostly, I could go into details but that may be a bit spoiler-ish). In Berseria, it paints the Shepherd as not so good.

In Zestiria, the Lord of Calamity is painted as an evil being. If Velvet is indeed the first Lord of Calamity, she's being painted as an anti-hero. She may even be Chaotic-Good.

that's interesting. if it's not because of my dumbness not noticing these point, if it's known only to gamers, i hope they elaborate it in the future.
Aug 15, 2016 12:28 AM

Sep 2009
@Tyrel

Maybe you feel differently but the only times it looked like a dragon was when it was fully in the frame, which is lucky most of the time. Otherwise all the subsequent close ups and crops is either a blur or so dark it might as well be a silhouette, with a few exceptions. In the grand scheme of things it's actually a good dragon and I've defiantly seen worse be it CGI or just poorly lit action scenes. I just don't feel having it done by hand would of made it better in this case since the CGI works just fine.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.