Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 30, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
Rarely a problem. The only things I can recall that have gotten to me are:
Nov 30, 2015 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
When I first watched a gore film - Peter Jackson's Bad Taste - it was fresh, shocking, hilarious and all that.

But having seen 3, 4, 5 films with gore - it soon became old, boring, and too try-hard.
"Ooooh, we're gory, so we're serious, no-kids-stuff, oh-so-edgy."

:meh:

In the very most cases gore adds nothing beyond itself.

And those few times "gory" actually adds sth. beyond itself, then in most cases that could also have been conveyed without gore.
But by instead going the gore way - because so cool and manly, say all my highschool mates :rolleyes: - they typically smother the maybe even interesting subject under all their blood and intestines and whatnot.

So I try to stay away from gore, because generally I do not expect anything gory to hold anything interesting.
Basically I feel it is meant for teenagers and equivalents.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Nov 30, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2015
gore is alright when it makes sense to have it in an anime. It's hard to say how much gore is "excessive" because it varies based on the individual anime.
Nov 30, 2015 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
It's okay. Not really a fan but it doesn't really disturb me either.
Dec 1, 2015 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
Aria-da-Capo said:

Warning, this spoiler contains images that may hurt the sensitivity of some people.

dafuq did i just see
Well Duh...

Dec 1, 2015 2:10 AM

Oct 2014
romagia said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I watch a lot of edgy mature seinen anime like K-On! and Non Non Biyori so I think you would know how much blood I tend to see in anime.
lol yuruyuri does have a particularly bloody scene

There was some in today's episode too

They don't even bother with the double tissue anymore.
Dec 1, 2015 2:21 AM

Nov 2011
Dec 1, 2015 2:27 AM

Feb 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:

This. Stuff was intense af.
Dec 1, 2015 3:07 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah sure....show horrific shit that is utterly disgusting and disturbing.

But god forbid you show sex in anime.
Dec 1, 2015 3:14 AM

Feb 2015
JustALEX said:
Yeah sure....show horrific shit that is utterly disgusting and disturbing.

But god forbid you show sex in anime.

Double standards of japan never fail to amuse me. (well not only in japan to be fair lol)
Dec 1, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
watch go noagai ova son. they are soo smooth. like violance jack.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 1, 2015 3:22 AM

Nov 2015
I'm fine with gore in context if it's not overdone.
〜(^∇^〜)Life is meaningless! 〜(^∇^〜)
Dec 1, 2015 4:38 AM

Mar 2014
pretentiousgabby said:
Comic_Sans said:
The gore in TG and AkG was only gory for the sake of being gory

That's why I don't like TG's and AkG's gore
Then you shouldn't like the 2 listed in op either for they're the same
I haven't watched any of them so I can't comment on that
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 1, 2015 4:39 AM
Jun 2015
Blood and gore is fine. The more brutal the death, the more I feel sorry for them.
Dec 1, 2015 4:40 AM

Apr 2015

AYYY LMAO
Dec 1, 2015 4:43 AM
Jun 2015
Hunters said:

AYYY LMAO

I liked that scene better in the game. Her eye was crushed repeatedly until it became a soup like substance. In the anime, she just ripped it out with scissors.
Dec 2, 2015 6:02 AM
Mar 2014
i never got people who complained about gore.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Dec 2, 2015 6:51 AM

Feb 2015
Gore in anime is boring. It's just one of those things that works better when done in live action.
Dec 2, 2015 6:54 AM

Jun 2008
BTW....this thread reminded me of the uber hypocrisy that SOME anime fans love to engage.

Ecchi/Fanservice is probably one of the most criticized elements of anime....because many fans feel that it takes from the plot in order to be a cheap device to lure people in to watch the anime and be creatively lazy.

B-b-but gore and over the top violence....no, see, that's an acceptable device, cuz it's deep and it has meaning to it.

Nevermind the fact that it ALSO incorporates the same element as sexual fanservice in the sense that it lures people to watch, nevermind that it can also take from the plot be used solely for shock value and nothing else....just as fanservice is used to entice the viewer and distract from what is actually going on.

But how many threads do we get on MAL complainig about gore? Very little to none.

And how many do we get constantly BITCHING about ecchi? Every fucking day!

You can kill a loli in the most disturbing way possible and many will simply look away.

You can sexualize a loli and the ANIME SJWs will call you a pedophile will say THIS is what's wrong with anime and this what we need to censor.

Yeah....ok.
Dec 2, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2015
I don't mind it. If it's going to be gorey, though, be stylish. Don't spill buckets of blood without fun. There's nothing deep about brutality, so at least give it verve.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 2, 2015 10:53 AM
Jul 2015
One of the reasons I like Elfen Lied so much. I want to see limbs split three ways and back.
Dec 2, 2015 11:06 AM

Mar 2015
The only thing I hate about gore related anime is the censoring

shit going out of hand, can barely see anything ¸

Japan what are you doing
Dec 2, 2015 12:37 PM

Nov 2014
I don't have a fundamental problem with gore and violence in anime or any medium for that matter. However, if I find the violence in a specific title to be expressly hateful or if it feels out of place regarding the title, I don't find it amusing and it makes me roll my eyes.
Dec 2, 2015 6:14 PM

Oct 2013
If I like the series, then it doesn't matter if has a lot of gore.
Dec 2, 2015 6:26 PM

Oct 2014
JustALEX said:
BTW....this thread reminded me of the uber hypocrisy that SOME anime fans love to engage.

Ecchi/Fanservice is probably one of the most criticized elements of anime....because many fans feel that it takes from the plot in order to be a cheap device to lure people in to watch the anime and be creatively lazy.

B-b-but gore and over the top violence....no, see, that's an acceptable device, cuz it's deep and it has meaning to it.

Nevermind the fact that it ALSO incorporates the same element as sexual fanservice in the sense that it lures people to watch, nevermind that it can also take from the plot be used solely for shock value and nothing else....just as fanservice is used to entice the viewer and distract from what is actually going on.

But how many threads do we get on MAL complainig about gore? Very little to none.

And how many do we get constantly BITCHING about ecchi? Every fucking day!

You can kill a loli in the most disturbing way possible and many will simply look away.

You can sexualize a loli and the ANIME SJWs will call you a pedophile will say THIS is what's wrong with anime and this what we need to censor.

Yeah....ok.
You're 100% right
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Are there any hobbies you do that are influenced by anime?

otaku2000anime - 2 hours ago

9 by traed »»
7 minutes ago

» Dub translation errors

JoeChip - 5 hours ago

8 by traed »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime carried by Animation ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - Yesterday

66 by DigiCat »»
18 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

191 by Gashadokur0 »»
32 minutes ago

» Best episodic anime

JoeChip - 4 hours ago

15 by etran3016 »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.