Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2015 10:14 AM
Mar 2014
Brain Unglass next ep???
Sep 1, 2015 10:14 AM
Jan 2015
sirwence said:
Quite a handicap given and honestly I think you could sum up this ep with "Rekt" Poor Nabe having to hold back so much against the Weaker of the 2 enemies.

Though I don't think Clementine was 'weak' per say for a human warrior she was quite powerful. But she wasn't fighting a human- and despite everything Ainz says- he still desired to avenge Ninya and did so.

Avenox said:
Daaaaamnn Nabe Ö. Must have been hard for her, holding in instead of just crushing him.
Clementine got stomped as expected, ggwp.

That part after the ED song though when Ains gets the message from Albedo...

I assume that bit in the OP will come to pass... Shelltear vs Ainz? I assume something happened to Vampy-chan ;/ She is a 'true vampire' so maybe corrupted by the blood lust around her? not sure

Well, If she were weaker, Ainz said he would kill her with the dagger... So, it didn't help her very much ROFL
Sep 1, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2009
The Narberal fight was okay. The CG was pretty standard (meaning animators were lazy) but we did get to see some of Nazarick's power from one of the Pleiades, and she's not exactly a floor boss.

The Ainz fight was enjoyable to watch but it felt less entertaining than how a light novel would portray such a fight.

Hamusuke freaking out at seeing Ainz was adorable.

sirwence said:
Avenox said:
That part after the ED song though when Ains gets the message from Albedo...
I assume that bit in the OP will come to pass... Shelltear vs Ainz? I assume something happened to Vampy-chan ;/ She is a 'true vampire' so maybe corrupted by the blood lust around her? not sure
Considering how the opening theme shows the two fighting and Albedo informed him of a revolt, I expect that to be the next ark even if we get 1 episode of him moving Bareare's to Carne Village and teaching them how to make potions for Nazarick.

I believe all the NPCs of Nazarick are fanatically loyal to the guild members. One good reason as to why Shalltear might revolt is simply that she couldn't see her Ainz-sama. I feel sorry for Shalltear because it isn't her fault she was created as an undead with a washboard-chest.

Once this season ends, I'm heading straight for the translated LNs!
Sep 1, 2015 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
Nabe-chan! best maid of tghe seaon imo....Am I the only one who her voice seductive? anyone? ........I'm not an "M" btw

...also that mage kid who died was a girl? seriously? ....
Sep 1, 2015 10:18 AM

Jun 2010
ggYeti said:
neonie said:
The budget for this episode seemed to be $2.67, a bag of lays and stick of juicy fruit. The skeletal dragons were a complete joke and maybe some of the worst CG I've ever seen in an anime. GG animation department, you can shade what looks like a stolen asset from a PS2 game.

The 2D animation also wasn't great and boy Madhouse sure does love taking advantage of the fact Ainz face doesn't require any frames to speak, because apparently body language is beyond him as well, not that the other characters seem to move much either.

All in all I rate this episode: Stilted mess.
Only this episode? Surely you jest.If the budget was more than a teenagers allowance maybe we could actually get a better plot execution but alas.

No, you're right. But it was just especially apparent in this episode with the skeletal dragon. The rest of the show has also been pretty awful animation wise, since they seem to to default to the most garbage CG any time a scene with action happens.

BUT AT LEAST THE ED IS PRETTY GOOD I GUESS.
Sep 1, 2015 10:21 AM

Aug 2008
I love how Narbarel keep insulting Khajit. Shalter revolt? Wonder why is that?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 1, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
As expected of Ainz-sama
Sep 1, 2015 10:24 AM
Jul 2015
Get rekt scrubs - enough said about this ep :]]
Sep 1, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
good thing i dropped this, doesn't seem to improve at all
:3
Sep 1, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
RadonMax said:
Balong said:
Am i the only one who is really not impressed by Nabe fight?
I mean, a "good-looking woman" standing huge monsters with no really probems and crushing them with a flashy attack with a intense music behind, It's nearly in any fantasy-action shows I would like to say. I was like "Here we go again..).
At least, those dragons were undead so I don't care....

But good lord.....
Call my mad or insane but the vision of this bitch trying desperately to escape and dying slowly was......so satisfaying....

It's like watching Yuno of Mirrai Nikki, any those bitchs from Gachiki no whatever Saku or any madgirls like them being killed slowly, painfullly, horribly with a hopeless face...

That's my face during this beautifull moment...

Well you can say we're both insane becuse I was the same way.

There are at least three of us
Sep 1, 2015 10:27 AM
Aug 2015
The only thing I did not like in this episode was that we did not see
Their dead faces, Clementine was just thrown and we did not see hermessed up face
And that old dude was just burnt to ashes.

I wanna see their suffering dead faces!! Why madhouse?
joke_langSep 1, 2015 10:47 AM
Sep 1, 2015 10:28 AM
Nov 2012
alpha_shadow said:
Yet you're still here every singe week
Sep 1, 2015 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Baka-Hiru said:
Nabe-chan! best maid of tghe seaon imo....Am I the only one who her voice seductive? anyone? ........I'm not an "M" btw

It's very sexy. I love scornful, dominating characters like her.

Also, Bear hug felt satisfying.
Sep 1, 2015 10:35 AM

Feb 2015

Nabe in her armored dress reminded me a bit of Saber.

Poor Clementine. =/ Sucks that a character I started to like died. Though she did deserve it.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
Angelow said:
Just wtf is Shalltear trying to do!? lol

She is from the first floor, then we can considerate her the "least powerful" from nazarick?

Shalltear is guardian of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor, so quite the opposite, she is one of the strongest.

This ep was epic! Nabe is such a badass! Loved her cruel smile :D And Ainz delivered death to Clemantine just perfect! She deserved that, I had creepy smile on my face through whole scene

PS. I want body pillow of Ainz, Albedo make me one too! :D
Sep 1, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
dang that disrespect
clementine got literally squashed like an insect

Sep 1, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2013
I didnt know Nabe is a maid. Well nice way to finish off that annoying bitch. Death by hug lol.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 1, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2008
alpha_shadow said:

You'd be more convincing if you stopped posting too.
Sep 1, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2015
well clementine got rekt GG no re mate
Sep 1, 2015 10:42 AM

Jul 2009
Angelow said:
She is from the first floor, then we can considerate her the "least powerful" from nazarick?

She does guard the first floor but doesn't she alone collectively guard floors 1-3? Maybe that balances out her skill with the others.
Darklight0303 said:
alpha_shadow said:

You'd be more convincing if you stopped posting too.

LOL this. If you dropped it how do you know episode 9 didn't improve?
Sep 1, 2015 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
Damn Momonga showed no respect to that bitch. The way he spoke to her in such a condescending manner throughout the episode was hilarious to me. And her death, so satisfying. Seeing her freak the fuck out in her final moments was pleasing to see.

Nabe also had a pretty cool fight as well, and Hamsuke is still as funny as ever.

And Momonga had the best "what the actual fuck" reaction when he was told that Shalltear revolted lol.

alpha_shadow said:

The fact that you're posting leads me to assume you're still watching. So........I don't know, stop watching and posting in these threads? Doesn't seem to make sense if you already dropped it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 1, 2015 10:47 AM
Apr 2015
Welp looks like we're see the Shelltear rebellion but not the lizard men.
Sep 1, 2015 10:51 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'm glad Clementine got rekt. I liked her character but man she got so annoying at times. The CGI looked a bit improved than before also.

This episode also makes me wonder who'd win in a hug-off, Ainz or Albedo?
Sep 1, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
well, interesting
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 1, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
AntwanMantilla said:
I'm glad Clementine got rekt. I liked her character but man she got so annoying at times. The CGI looked a bit improved than before also.

This episode also makes me wonder who'd win in a hug-off, Ainz or Albedo?

From Albedo's perspective she would see herself as the winner. Also given she's a tank type character, she'd be able to endure it most likely.
Sep 1, 2015 10:57 AM
Jul 2015
alpha_shadow said:
then why you in here?wwww
Sep 1, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2014
For the past couple weeks I've been pacing myself while reading the LN to make sure I don't pass up the anime, but I can't do it anymore. I need to see what this Shalltear rebellion is all about. Adios people, I'm off to binge read volume 3.
Sep 1, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2010
Narberal smirk had me rolling
Hug of Death
Shalltear Revolt next arc ?
MatheineSep 1, 2015 11:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2015 10:59 AM
Jul 2015
Clementine dies
Cause of death?
HUGZZZZZZZ
I also didn't wanna see clementine die she was a bitch , but spiced up the story plus even though I really enjoyed the episode I would've been fine if they didn't add the bit where she purposely foreheads him and breaks all her teeth biting, because the rest was kind hot, death by hugzzzz

BTW
who thinks that this story would be much more interesting if momonga had emotions????? I really would have loved him to be human but with superpowers like 10th tier magic etc... Would a been more interesting, WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Sep 1, 2015 10:59 AM

Feb 2015
What a way to die, kinda felt bad about the slow death but then I thought back to the old gang that she killed, and smiled about her death being painful and slow (Is that wrong)

This was nothing but pure action and without the best girl, it's killing me..

HOLY THAT ENDING, I highly doubt Shalltear truly turned against them, looking forward to seeing that but damn the week wait is going to kill me.

5/5
Sep 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
well I can forgive lame CGI dragons, Clementine's death scene was just too awesome
Sep 1, 2015 11:09 AM
Oct 2011
Inugirlz said:
Angelow said:

She does guard the first floor but doesn't she alone collectively guard floors 1-3? Maybe that balances out her skill with the others.
She is a very powerful all rounder basically a vanguard to take on the the intruders head on first and strong enough to guard first 3 floors- catacombs full of undead. She's the strongest among the guardians, but with that said it doesn't mean the other guardians are below her. She's definitely in their legue.

Of course this doesn't include the other denizens, only the guardians. There are a few in Nazarick who are stronger than her.Sebas for example is said to be on par with her or above.

Here's her status card
Sep 1, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Liked the episode, both enemies were crushed !
Looking forward to the next episodes !
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Sep 1, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
Hoho, Clementine butt so sexy.

She resemblant with Mellow from DNote
Sep 1, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
Goddamnit they left out the good parts, stupid ass censorship :'( :'( :'(

ggYeti said:
There were quite a few things left out esp in the Clementine fight but here you go my treat.

Narberal was GOOD, like a dominatrix ;)
I'd let her insult me and beat me up in that maid outfit <3

The cgi was fine, I prefer hand drawn too, but whatevs.
ichii_1Sep 1, 2015 11:35 AM
Sep 1, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2008
AAkingofanime said:
Clementine dies
Cause of death?
HUGZZZZZZZ
I also didn't wanna see clementine die she was a bitch , but spiced up the story plus even though I really enjoyed the episode I would've been fine if they didn't add the bit where she purposely foreheads him and breaks all her teeth biting, because the rest was kind hot, death by hugzzzz

BTW
who thinks that this story would be much more interesting if momonga had emotions????? I really would have loved him to be human but with superpowers like 10th tier magic etc... Would a been more interesting, WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Strongly disagreed. Overpowered skeleton is much more commanding
Sep 1, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
Eh, it was OK. The CG'd dragons were a bit meh, the way they did it made the fight look far from her, or rather, she was fighting some image screen.. As in when she hit them or they hit her, it doesn't evven look like they were even in range of touching each other.

Well regardless, always fun seeing overpowered characters pick on characters that think they're strong but completely destroy them effortlessly.
Sep 1, 2015 11:27 AM
Sep 2015
The anime version of Clementine death is not as gruesome as the LN version, where her organs were visible from her mouth.
Sep 1, 2015 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
Very satisfying episode. Loved it. Both battles were great. Though can't really consider them battles since Ains and Nabe were so OP lol. Glad Ains decided to keep his pet alive.

Sep 1, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
If I were Ainz I'll just use - Death by "Penetration".
Sep 1, 2015 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
I thought he had their absolute loyalty, as their creators wonder how , but more importantly why would she revolt.

I like that we have come to the end of this little arc, and teased some information about the next one.

Wonder why he needs a potion maker, doesn't he make them ? But guess it's good to expand resources into areas.
Sep 1, 2015 11:36 AM
Oct 2011
liddojunior said:

Wonder why he needs a potion maker, doesn't he make them ? But guess it's good to expand resources into areas.
Potion making is quite different in this world as we saw from the previous episodes.Later on he makes a potion that never existed in this world and of course Nazarick. He also has an inner talent to use any magic item,which is why clementine was after him in the first place. So a very important asset.
Sep 1, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2011
Angelow said:

Actually the novels stated that Shalltear is the strongest of the guardians though since it has been said that both Albedo and Sebas have transformations they may be stronger but in the third novel in which Shalltear rebels it is said Shalltear is the strongest, she is also a very bad match up for Ainz to fight so if they adapt this fight well it will be very good I really enjoyed reading their fight in the novel.

They did show/foreshadow Albedo's transformation in the first novel when she lost her shit for someone flinging a mere stone at Ainz as a weapon during the angel people fight but the anime did not really show her body showing signs of it under the armour very well and they also toned down her angry rant which was a shame.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 1, 2015 11:40 AM

Jul 2009
Say LN readers, about how many volumes have been fully covered so far? I'd like to get an early start on the LN without getting spoiled over the events of the anime too much. Of course there's likely subtle spoilers since the LN would have more data from earlier events but that's not something to worry about.

Please and thanks! :)
Sep 1, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
kyled00m said:
Say LN readers, about how many volumes have been fully covered so far? I'd like to get an early start on the LN without getting spoiled over the events of the anime too much. Of course there's likely subtle spoilers since the LN would have more data from earlier events but that's not something to worry about.

Please and thanks! :)

They just finished volume 2 and the rest of series will probably cover volume 3
Sep 1, 2015 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
One episode all alone for a one sided slaughter by the nazerick duo xD
Damn! Nabe roasted that grandpa and ainz took his sweet time to crush the crazy b1tch!
Hamster is totally useless and got stomped by Nabe lol :p

Next up is a revolt by shaltear. exciting :)
Sep 1, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2012
Such OPness in this episode. 😍
"The opposite of boredom is not pleasure... but excitement. People will gladly seek out any kind of excitement, even pain." -Makishima Shougo
Sep 1, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
Aww i kind of liked Clementine, especially her weird sheep voice stuttering.. or whatever that might be called. Stabbed in both eyes, with electric shock, fire and more.. damn.
Overall a good and intense episode.
Sep 1, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2015
Fuck me, i actually cringed when he finally took down Clementine. Call me a freak, but i actually kind of liked her. :(

Anyhow, that arc seems to be finished. I smell a "read the light novel ending." Hope i'm wrong.
Sep 1, 2015 12:07 PM

Nov 2008
Angelow said:

No shes actually quite powerful.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

246 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.