Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2015 10:47 AM
May 2015
Why Doffy can't just turn the ground to string under luffy and finish him.
I just don't want see Doflamingo losing yet
May 14, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Sabo vs Burgess should not take too long...
these gladiators might only stall like 2 minutes , give or take 1 minute
but still the one that makes me anxious is that by having doflamingo alive
and makes him feel the wrath of Kaido
Doffy himself is proven to be one tough warlord then someone like Kaido
should be even more brutal
And also to point out that weird dream I had
dreaming about mihawk with muscles like whitebeard
May 14, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
I was going to let out the biggest groan that this arc ain't done yet(although admittedly if the battle did end last week that would have been very anti-climatic), but finally Sabo is going to be relevant... for one chapter probably.
May 14, 2015 4:41 PM

Aug 2014
That chapter was awesome. I was expecting Luffy to conveniently not run out of Gear 4th until the end of the fight, but Oda changed it up and made the fight more risky and interesting. I'm so glad that Doffy didn't just get wrecked though, it's great that he's still standing and smiling too! I'm so hyped to watch him just destroy all those scrubs trying to stand in his way. The Sabo Burgess fight has finally come, and it looks like it's gonna be great. We'll now get insight into how people in Blackbeard's crew fight and of course, Sabo's fighting style as well. All the wasted time and waiting is now paying off, this arc is getting GOOD!

Also, this whole 10 minutes until his final attack thing really reminds me of the spirit bomb with Goku vs Kid Buu
May 14, 2015 4:53 PM

Oct 2007
This arc isn't over until big maam shows up with the curlybrow pirates!

Plot twist: doflamingo is kaido (unlikely but really HOW can kaido scare doffy??)
May 14, 2015 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
Gatz new mugiwara? LOL

Pandaman!

Thiago_May 14, 2015 5:57 PM
May 14, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
I NEED see Burgess in action!
This is how we do.

May 14, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
While we all hate that this arc is dragging along, I feel it was very important for Doflamingo to NOT have been defeated by Luffy's last attack. I believe it's very fitting that Doflamingo was able to get up/smile/walk after that. It shows that he is truly the terrifyingly powerful individual we expected him to be.

That being said, I really REALLY hope Oda makes it so that, where we would normally see Doflamingo shred through the gladiators, we instead see that because of all the built-up damage from Law and Luffy (Red-Hawk -> Gamma-Knife -> CounterShock -> Gear 4th), the now weakened Doflamingo struggles against the sheer number of new enemies, but eventually clears them all out JUST at the 10 -minute mark. In which Luffy finishes him off with an epic last attack for everyone to see.

I think that would be most realistic, weighing in how powerful Doflamingo is, and the fact Luffy's and Law's efforts were really worth it.

Just my thoughts though
May 15, 2015 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
Obvious that he wasn't defeated yet...
Now what, another 5 chapters until the (yet another) final confront?
May 15, 2015 3:18 AM

Oct 2014
kakoa1234 said:
1. Donflamingo was already weaken before the fight versus Luffy.

2. Luffy couldnt beat Donfalming with Gear 4

3. Luffy is not at the end yet and he still needs 10 minutes to regain his powers.

4. Even after Law wounding Doflamingo's internal organs and Luffy beating him up with Gear 4, Luffy still needs 1 more attack to beat Doflamingo with his Haki...

Conclusion: Luffy was a let down (Only Luffy's speed is incredible) Luffy was humiliated. Sadly

Kinda expected more from Luffy.... oh well.

PS: So Zoro > Luffy?
May 15, 2015 3:28 AM

Mar 2015
What is amazing in that chapter was Burgess can steal Devil fruit power. O o O

I'm not looking forward to Sabo vs Burgess fight :(
I want to see the end of this arc already.
May 15, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2014
Raijin-sama619 said:
What is amazing in that chapter was Burgess can steal Devil fruit power. O o

Yeah. I thought that he was going to do that, with him carrying a bag with a pattern which resembled an image of a Devil Fruit. But man... I didn't expect Burgess going for Luffy's devil fruit... out of all things. Burgess is not really a smart guy, it seems.
May 15, 2015 4:27 AM
Apr 2013
There's no way the gladiators could would be able to stall doffy for 10 minutes and I don't think sabo vs burgess is going to take 10 minutes but there's still other strong people on the island and they are basically all forced to join the fight. I expect fujitora to make his move as well pretty soon. He didn't anything big so far.

And hopefully I can finally see zorro cutting the damn cage. I still don't see why nobody would be able to destroy the damn thing, there way too many strong people in dressrosa. It doesn't make sense ( we only saw normal people trying to shoot or cut the strings, but the strong ones didn't even try yet)
May 15, 2015 4:54 AM
Aug 2009
ok chapter
gear four has limits
sabo comes to the rescue
burgess wants gomu gomu no mi df
that bastard will get rekt by sabo
waiting for next chapter
May 15, 2015 5:52 AM

Oct 2014
Quinius said:
There's no way the gladiators could would be able to stall doffy for 10 minutes

They can. I won't bet on it though. Plus Doflamingo has Haoshoku Haki.
May 15, 2015 7:23 AM

Mar 2015
Quinius said:
There's no way the gladiators could would be able to stall doffy for 10 minutes and I don't think sabo vs burgess is going to take 10 minutes but there's still other strong people on the island and they are basically all forced to join the fight. I expect fujitora to make his move as well pretty soon. He didn't anything big so far.

And hopefully I can finally see zorro cutting the damn cage. I still don't see why nobody would be able to destroy the damn thing, there way too many strong people in dressrosa. It doesn't make sense ( we only saw normal people trying to shoot or cut the strings, but the strong ones didn't even try yet)
I think i remember fujitora sending meteors right through the bird cage. didn't work though
"Forgetting pain provides relief, but only leads to repetition. Life is law, death nearly a sleep" -(?) Persona 3

"Man was born free, and everywhere he shall be in chains" -Jean Jacques Rousseau

"Time does not wait. Those who strives to protect others, walk toward the future and time shall bring us all an equal end" - Persona 3
May 15, 2015 11:45 AM
Apr 2013
Yuma_Arisato said:

I think i remember fujitora sending meteors right through the bird cage. didn't work though

Yeah I know, but I don't really think that counts as a serious attack. It was basically an indirect attack. It proofed that the cage won't break easily but we still didn't see any really strong person seriously trying to break it.
May 15, 2015 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
Quinius said:
Yuma_Arisato said:

Yeah I know, but I don't really think that counts as a serious attack. It was basically an indirect attack. It proofed that the cage won't break easily but we still didn't see any really strong person seriously trying to break it.
If sending a meteor isn't strong enough what else is it?

There's no stopping the birdcage and the only way to stop it by beating DD that's what we know based on what we saw.

Now there is way,I think,they can survive this. Franky said that the thread made by a DF user can't cut the outer wall of the factory,then he had an idea after Zoro said he was trying to stop them(threads) so he can buy everyone some time,soo what I think is Franky will gather evereyone inside that factory so they can be safe.Yes it's very simple but hey they tried everything. I don't know what the heck Zoro has in mind though >.>

Phoenix_Wright said:
Raijin-sama619 said:
What is amazing in that chapter was Burgess can steal Devil fruit power. O o

Yeah. I thought that he was going to do that, with him carrying a bag with a pattern which resembled an image of a Devil Fruit. But man... I didn't expect Burgess going for Luffy's devil fruit... out of all things. Burgess is not really a smart guy, it seems.
Well his primary goal was the Mera Mera no Mi,but Sabo changed his plans.

He is smart though,lying n' waiting to pick up the bones,he was hunting. I mean if DD was like Luffy I'm pretty sure he would've gone after him but Luffy being in this position works even better. Kills him so there goes a serious threat to BB(we all know the reason why he is that) and gets the DF to sell,eat it,give it to someone else I don't even care.

You could argue that why didn't he went for Law for example. I don't know maybe because he saw Cavendish there and didn't wanna get in a fight,maybe he's more fixated to what Luffy does? I don't have an answer lol.
May 16, 2015 6:18 AM
Apr 2013
The_ClownPrince said:

There's no stopping the birdcage and the only way to stop it by beating DD that's what we know based on what we saw.

Now there is way,I think,they can survive this. Franky said that the thread made by a DF user can't cut the outer wall of the factory,then he had an idea after Zoro said he was trying to stop them(threads) so he can buy everyone some time,soo what I think is Franky will gather evereyone inside that factory so they can be safe.Yes it's very simple but hey they tried everything. I don't know what the heck Zoro has in mind though >.>

Well I'd agree if the meteors would be as op as they could be, but from what we've seen so far they're not and of course they're not haki infused.

It just doesn't make sense to me that a cage made by a df users ability is indestructible. It makes no sense in the one piece univesere. Bartolomeo's barrier is not almighty either. Sure he is way weaker than doffy but still.

I think people like Fujitora, Zorro and Law should be able to damage those stupid strings. At the very least somebody should be able to bend them (similar to luffy in the upper left panel here:)

Just think about it. If those strings would be that almighty doffy could simply hide in a cocoon of strings and attack from inside there however he wants.

The birdcage should only able to trap people significantly weaker than doffy.
QuiniusMay 16, 2015 6:24 AM
May 16, 2015 10:13 AM

May 2015
I get the feeling the gladiators won't even last that long.
May 16, 2015 5:36 PM
Apr 2012
Three mediocre chapters in a row. Usually Oda puts a spin on shonen tropes but now he's just kind of writing them. How long was he in gear fourth? Like a minute? Time limit powers are lame and super limiting. This means luffy pretty much outright lost this fight. He went from having no challenge in the new world to "Here's my new form!" and having it get crushed in an instant. The other guy lived through your form luffy, your form sucks if it leaves you that vulnerable for ten minutes.
May 17, 2015 12:19 AM

Aug 2013
Quinius said:
The_ClownPrince said:

Well I'd agree if the meteors would be as op as they could be, but from what we've seen so far they're not and of course they're not haki infused.

It just doesn't make sense to me that a cage made by a df users ability is indestructible. It makes no sense in the one piece univesere. Bartolomeo's barrier is not almighty either. Sure he is way weaker than doffy but still.

I think people like Fujitora, Zorro and Law should be able to damage those stupid strings. At the very least somebody should be able to bend them (similar to luffy in the upper left panel here:)

Just think about it. If those strings would be that almighty doffy could simply hide in a cocoon of strings and attack from inside there however he wants.

The birdcage should only able to trap people significantly weaker than doffy.
Just think it from the point of the story. If Zoro or anybody at this moment manage to destroy the birdcage,that would be plot hole. Why? The reason is if they could've destroyed it then why didn't they do it earlier? they had their chances.

I think is a trope from Oda to give other characters to do some instead of standing there and watching Luffy.
May 18, 2015 12:37 PM
May 2015
It is going to be interesting to see what is going to happen in those 10 minutes that Luffy needs to recover. I hope someone does help the gladiators though since I can't see them lasting 10 minutes, but if they do then good for them.
Make Burgess burn Sabo. Do it!
May 18, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2009
Zoro says he can cut anything. Including the strings I guess.
Before the birdcage began to shrink, he was occupied dealing with Pica. As soon as the birdcage began to shrink he began to move toward the cage walls.
I can't see how this is a plot hole, pica was bothersome to deal with, Zoro had his hands full before the birdcage began to shrink. And the birdcage was not an immediate threat before it began shrinking, pica was.
May 18, 2015 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
That fucking cover page was really hillarious!
May 19, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
God damn Doffy! O_O
May 20, 2015 5:42 PM

Nov 2014
Why isn't this fight over yet? I could see dragging out the actual fight itself if it hadn't taken so damn long for Luffy to actually find Doffy, but this is ridiculous. Even after Doffy finally becomes wreckage, there is gonna be a ton of cleanup to do, with all the stupid side characters and the non stupid side characters and getting off the island and finding the rest of the crew. Srsly Oda, plz stop. It's starting to feel like homeboy has written himself into a corner and is just buying time until he sorts out for himself how to resolve his Meerenese knot.
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2015 12:45 AM

May 2013
Badass and exciting chapter. Sabo's mastered the art of perfect timing. "Luffy you're never alone". So brotherly <3

May 16, 2018 6:43 AM

Feb 2013
He needs 10 minutes to get his haki back, man, he has to do something about his powers, there are too many risks.
Sep 27, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2021
I know it's absolutely random, and Idk why, but I feel so sad for Luffy in this panel :(

It might just be the reminder that Ace isn't with them :(((

Nov 2, 2022 2:32 PM

May 2021
Both Gear 4 + Law were unable to defeat Doffy. What a threatening villain.

Mar 9, 2023 12:43 AM
Apr 2022
a masterpiece, uwu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1116 Discussion

FMmatron - 2 hours ago

0 by FMmatron »»
2 hours ago

» Just for fun [MANGA SPOILERS & PREDICTIONS]

Ghost-of-Uchiha - 4 hours ago

3 by Animeunderrated »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1115 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 21

58 by ErenJaegar2304 »»
Yesterday, 7:38 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1098 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 7, 2023

116 by Eksevis »»
Yesterday, 7:52 AM

» How many chapters egghead got left?

Deanomac2010 - May 16

16 by SIMNO4517 »»
May 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.