Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2012
Still haven't watched any show of this season so no idea

Mar 24, 2015 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Death Parade and Yuri Kuma Arashi are pretty much tied in first place for me, although neither of them are really great. Voted for YKA simply because it's lower in the poll and I like it equally.
Durarara x2 was disappointing and what I saw of Rolling Girls, Maria and Yatterman sucked hard.
Mar 24, 2015 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
Kuroko no Basuke and Death Parade are very good.
Mar 24, 2015 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
1. Junketsu No Maria - surprisingly deep and complex for something titled like that. Really loved the in-depth look at the medieval politics and the horrors of religion. Pretty much sleeper hit of the season with brilliant and strong female lead.
2. Yuri Kuma Arashi - Literally one of the best shows in last few years. The amount of symbolism and the ingenuity of storytelling is astounding just as fit of a show written by Ikuhara. The show juggles themes of homophobia, social bullying, victim blaming and obsession. And at the same time it is strong commentary on current state of yuri genre(with most of it focused on gross male gaze otaku) and japan's political situation(the problems gays have in terms of social structure, harassment and legal system). I feel this will need at least two or three rewatches to fully take in. Add in brilliant and jawdropping art direction by Silverlink and this will get more than few rewatches from me.
3. Durarara X2 - Obligatory because this is an adaptation of R.Narita's novels and no one does better the whole "frantic chaos, with its own order" kind of storytelling than this author.

Annnd that's pretty much it as most of other shows were either overhyped nonsense(loldeathparade) or disappointing or both.
Mar 24, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
lol I'm still the only person who voted for KanColle.
Mar 28, 2015 12:42 PM

Nov 2014
death parade.. and the ending kinda dissapointed me, so i gave it an 8, though i was a fan in the first half... I didn't even watch anything besides that from this season. There really wasn't anything worth watching, by my opinion. I read the manga for tokio ghoul, and I don't think tokio ghoul:re was worth picking up, so dunno where this second season picked up, but don't think I want to watch it. Though I am guessing it is worth to watch if you are only into anime. The rest... no comment...

It was such a miserable season that I actually picked up One Piece again, and started watching from around episode 250. I watched like 150 episodes or so... It was that terrible.
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Mar 28, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
Easily Death Parade.
Mar 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Jul 2007
As been said before -> Death Parade.
Mar 28, 2015 2:37 PM

Feb 2015
Of course Death Parade, but I liked Tokyo Ghoul too! (especially the last episode)
Mar 28, 2015 2:40 PM

Apr 2014
From this list, Death Parade for sure. Doesn't have to compete with Parasyte and Seven Deadly Sins lol.
Mar 28, 2015 2:40 PM
Nov 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Death Parade lol
Mar 28, 2015 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
Jojo BY FAR

Death Parade is cool though

Aldnoah.Zero, hahahahahaha
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 28, 2015 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
JoJo, followed by Black Parade.

Aldnoah Zero was disappointing.

I still don't see what's the deal with Assassination Classroom.
Mar 28, 2015 2:53 PM
Nov 2010
Even though I haven't watched its last episode yet, I voted for Death Parade. It was the best anime of Winter 2015 season in my opinion.

After that, I'd go with Durarara x2 Shou and Junketsu no Maria in that order, probably.
Mar 28, 2015 2:55 PM

Sep 2013
Seiken Tsukai no World Break

The action and animation could be better, but I like it :)
Mar 28, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
Well since Winter season is almost over with the only Yuri Kuma left iirc ( not that it matters ) I can confirm once again that JoJo > all else. It's easily 9/10 for me now, the amount of goofiness and creativeness is just amazing.
Mar 28, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Death Parade lol

then

Remv_quevav said:
silverwalls said:
durarara x2
I need 2 finish dis

lol indeed
Mar 28, 2015 3:43 PM

Nov 2012
This one

What really hit it bad was the short time span it had to present itself, only 12 episodes made the characters too flat in order to focus on the plot
Mar 29, 2015 1:35 AM
Dec 2014
What show made you stick up until this very moment?
Junketsu no Maria, I love when an anime breaks out the controversial themes

What show made you cringe throughout the course?
Seiken Tsukai no World Break, Can't believe I actually watched it. Honorable mention is Shinmai Maou no Testament.

What show/s did you hate the most?
Seiken Tsukai no World Break, Shinmai Maou no Testament.

What show/s did you love the most?
Assassin Classroom, Junketsu no Maria, Tokyo Ghoul √A, Kantai Collection

What's your best pick?
Junketsu no Maria
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Mar 29, 2015 1:48 AM

Aug 2014
- Assasination Classroom

- Nothing.

Absolute Duo and Seiken Tsukai for ruining my expectations.

- Assasination Classroom I guess. It's the only show I enjoyed the most. Saekano can too, though the one I love about it is not the show itself..

What's your best pick?
-Assasination Classroom again. I want to say Shirobako but its not a Winter 2015 anime..
Mar 29, 2015 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Well, the best one I watched was Aldnoah.Zero, but that's not saying much since the only two anime I watched were that and Tokyo Ghoul 2nd season.

Both were just okay anime. Neither one was particularly great, but neither one was awful either...so...*shrugs*
Mar 29, 2015 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
For me it's Durarara.

Though its got its primary advantage cause it was missed by most fans, its first season aried 5 years ago and having another one now was a blast. The cour didn't disappoint too. It had its own bad moments (Episode 7 iirc, with that terrible animation), but other than that it was an enjoyable ride.
Mar 29, 2015 4:10 AM
Mar 2013
I would have to say Durarara but honestly this was a terrible season overall.
Mar 29, 2015 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
I voted for Death Parade.

Durarara!!×2 Shou and Assassination Classroom were okay too.
Mar 29, 2015 6:19 AM

Aug 2013
the whole season was pretty average but if i would pick one it would be DRRRx2
Mar 29, 2015 6:21 AM

May 2012
The absence of Shirobako from the poll is criminal.
Mar 29, 2015 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
SeijiSensei said:
The absence of Shirobako from the poll is criminal.

shirobako is from the autumn season
Mar 29, 2015 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
Since everyone is saying death parade I'll go with Yuri Kuma because it didn't disappoint me.

Mar 29, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2012
I can't believe that Death Parade got highest votes. It is not that good, and ending was not good.

I say that Junketsu No Maria is most underrated anime this season. I still didn't finish it yet, but it so good so far. And I think that not so many people voted for it because it is not popular

JoJo S2 is also one of the top in this season, but I voted for Maria because it deserve higher votes.

I don't like sport anime a lot but Kuroko no Basket 3rd season is also one of the best in this season. I can't wait for the final match, want to see Akashi Emperor eye again with that OST
Mar 29, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
alright who voted for root my ass
Mar 29, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
thepath said:
Death Parade is overrated.

No kidding, it's tagged "psychological" but never went deep into any single character.

It was simply "Scraping the surface: The anime". Too many characters, not enough time with any of them.
Mar 29, 2015 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
Aldnoah zero 2

Death parade

Death parade
Seiken Tsukai no World Break, Shinmai Maou no Testament.

What's your best pick?
Shinmai Maou no Testament.

PS. Shinmai Maou no Testament season 2 will be better than everything this season x 5
Mar 30, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
Looking at this list... just makes me think how mediocre this season really was.
I watched a lot of other already completed anime though; if I hadn't done so, I would have probably lost faith in anime. Shows from past season were also good like Parasyte, Cross Ange and Log Horizon.
Mar 30, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
wow until I saw the list like this I didn't realize how bad this season was. I picked JoJo's for the best and I'd only rate that like 5/10 and that's a soft 5.

Death Parade is a dumb show with a dumb and completely pointless premise. Im not sure why anyone likes it.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 6, 2015 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
lunaticsrus said:
wow until I saw the list like this I didn't realize how bad this season was. I picked JoJo's for the best and I'd only rate that like 5/10 and that's a soft 5.

Death Parade is a dumb show with a dumb and completely pointless premise. Im not sure why anyone likes it.

Yeah, the plot is stupid. But hey, it's anime. what do you expect :P Find the meaning of life in it?

Anyway, I liked it because it started up kinda cool and death biliards was a real 9 to me.... And given the shit this season had going, I thought it deserved at least some + points for standing out.

But to be honest, the second part of the show was... plain dissapointing. Oh well, the art was great at least. The whole time I was like 'oh man, this is gonna be huge, the next episode is gonna be amazing for sure'... and then it ended, and i was like: 'ehm, sooo, what now?'... It felt like the whole thing was trying to go somewhere and then got axed or something...
edwardoApr 6, 2015 5:22 AM
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Apr 6, 2015 5:20 AM

Feb 2015
I feel sad for people who didn't watch death parade, it was pretty amazing.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Apr 6, 2015 5:31 AM

Jun 2011
Malicre said:
It's like the most well known anime of Winter 2015.. ~.~

I feel sad for people who didn't watch shounen hollywood, it was damn amazing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 6, 2015 5:38 AM

Feb 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Malicre said:
It's like the most well known anime of Winter 2015.. ~.~

I feel sad for people who didn't watch shounen hollywood, it was damn amazing.

There are still people who haven't seen it, trust me. I recommended the show to 3 different people in the last 2 days and all of them PM'ed me back telling me how good it was and how they can't believe they passed it off as "just another anime".
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - 13 minutes ago

5 by Serafos »»
10 seconds ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - May 24

21 by Kenzolo-folk »»
6 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - Yesterday

31 by ColourWheel »»
8 minutes ago

» The Impact of Anime on Global Pop Culture

LenRea - 1 hour ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
9 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - Yesterday

41 by Guilmon1 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.