Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 10, 2014 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:
amateur said:

Nah ,Sunrise already covered that one out with their other title Cross Ange.

Plus its not like their last serious Gundam title,Unicorn, was anything noteworthy ,same revamped character model straight out of Zeta Gundam,nonsensical plot that keeps going back and forth and has no clear goal,spineless main character that steps into Jesus Kira footsteps with his "thou shall not kill" mentality....

Don't worry, no one in their right mind would believe Gundam Rainbow Unicorns was anything more than cheap cash-in adaptation of a fanfic.

Bad troll is bad.
Oct 10, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2013
What is up with this anime. Why do they keep letting their "prisoner" run around and do whatever she wants. Was looking forward to a Gundam show with actual conflict not this halfhearted shit where they don't even kill each other. (N)
Oct 10, 2014 3:35 AM

Jun 2013
Haytin said:
What is up with this anime. Why do they keep letting their "prisoner" run around and do whatever she wants. Was looking forward to a Gundam show with actual conflict not this halfhearted shit where they don't even kill each other. (N)

Gonna have to wait for Origin for that, sadly. This is not gonna be serious like most UC.
Oct 10, 2014 3:51 AM

Apr 2011
It was amusing and funny to see Bellri still grabbing Noredo's ass after he helped her and shove his hand away. Lol at the jungle animals too

I really don't know why the Colonel was so calm knowing the four leaving away with the mobile suit. I honestly, don't know where this is going,

but I'll stick a bit more 'cause, of its old school, nostalgic feel to it.
MagitoOct 10, 2014 4:08 AM
Oct 10, 2014 3:59 AM
Jul 2014
Oh my, that running gag with the Forest/Jungle animals, haha.

Right now this is pure creativity mixed with worldbuilding, so glad I picked this up. I just recently watched my way halfway through the Gundam franchise and seeing Tomino's storytelling development of over 30 years in such a short amount of time is honestly one of the most rewarding experiences I have had with the Anime medium.
Oct 10, 2014 5:27 AM

Apr 2013
pretty good.

so many random moments lol
Oct 10, 2014 5:30 AM
May 2013
CookingPriest said:
When masterpieces like FSN, Psycho Pass 2, Garo, Parasyte and Bahamut are airing this season, calling this show anything more than trainwreck HAS to be a joke.

Mention overhyped popular anime.
Have little to no tolerance.
Use the word Trainwreak
So over opinionated

Typical MAL collective echo chamber
Oct 10, 2014 5:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This so Tomino. I wonder how many random side changes and Gundam 'stealings' we'll have before the end of the show. Still short of one masked antagonist though!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2014 6:16 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm I don't know. It felt just weird having a prisoner walk free and even having her get to the Gundam. Noredo being annoying @ seeing Bell fell for Aida.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 10, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2014
I think I would have hated this episode if it wasn't for seeing the Colonel being so nonchalant as they walked off with the G-Self, makes me think there's a lot more going on than we've seen so far and that this episode will make more sense with more info later on.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks there's a war on, this ep made it clear that the Capitol Army hasn't even been inaugurated yet, I get the feeling there's more of a Cold War skirmishing going on and that there's a lot of political maneuvering behind the scenes that hasn't been explored yet. Bellri reminds me a lot of Garrod Ran from After War X, whilst Aida is clearly an idealist and probably getting used and manipulated because of it, since I doubt Ameria is going to be altruistic. All this talk of supplying solar powered batteries from a central space elevator is giving me a 00 meets Turn A vibe.

Definitely a lot better than AGE.
Oct 10, 2014 7:05 AM

Nov 2012
btw has no one mentioned AMERIA? its the same place in turn-a
i hope this is direct prequel with moonlight butterfly end
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 10, 2014 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
That Amerian lieutanant reminds me quite a lot of Dio Eracle from Last Exile,which is not a bad thing.

The dialogue can be so cringeworthy sometimes,but it is somewhat,inexplicably entertaining. I think this show has some potential and I hope it won't go totally to waste.

By the way,it would be interesting if the show took a darker tones later as a twist...though it most likely won't happen.
Oct 10, 2014 8:05 AM

May 2013
People acting like the prisoner thing is crazy when it's quite clear the director, the pope and Bell's mum know more than they are letting on.

Those saying it won't get dark because it was meant to be for kids clearly didn't see the second half of ZZ ( Don't blame you since the first half was to say the least painful to sit through).

Chances are this will go one of two ways, a light hearted/ semi serious young adult series similar to those we saw in our childhood, or it will be a prequel for Turn- A (Considering what happened prior to Turn A and Bellri mentioning what happened with the horrors of U.C I'm leaning dark path)

All things considered we are up to episode 3, most Gundam series are notoriously slow starters (Outside of Build Fighters) I've got hope for this series, I'm liking it so far but time its far to early to make a judgement as to whether it will live up to Tomino's other Gundam works.

tl : dr most likely going to get dark, slow start... as the damn ep said ''Even if you don't want to watch, watch''.
AliquesOct 10, 2014 8:11 AM
Oct 10, 2014 8:26 AM

May 2012
07:51 LOOOOL

09:33 dat in-mecha toilet bowl

19:23 close the freaking cockpit

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 10, 2014 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
So will religion have a huge involvement in thsi story? Morning prayers, pope guy, the first episode even has a church scene after Raraiya falls out of the G-self.

ninjastarforcex said:
More like a prequel.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 10, 2014 11:07 AM
Sep 2014
I can't help but hate this show. I really want to like it but the animations are so ugly and the plot is meh. I like the art style but they cant even properly animate explosions and there are random things in the episode that don't make any sense. A dolphin jumping in a river inside a jungle while there is a mobile suit walking in the river... really?

The main characters don't have any real allegiance, and they head back to the pirate's base as if they are just going on a field trip. Weren't they fighting them just an episode ago? The commander lets a prisoner pilot the gundam so she can escape... Oh wait, they had tea just before that to get information from her instead of forcing information out of her. And they were satisfied with no information from the prisoner too...

Even the mobile suits are stupid. A toilet seat/pilot seat, a fire extinguisher in a gundam, are some of the stupid examples.

They should switch the director and the animation studio before this show goes down the drain. I thought it was a Bones studio type of artwork at first too.
Oct 10, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2012
Primus2x said:
So will religion have a huge involvement in thsi story? Morning prayers, pope guy, the first episode even has a church scene after Raraiya falls out of the G-self.

ninjastarforcex said:
More like a prequel.

well, every gundam series are prequel to turn-a
Oct 10, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2013
Still enjoying it a lot. I feel like this has the potential to become something pretty big.
And I'm pretty liking the weird Ost xD
-Bakemono-Oct 10, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 10, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
That scene at the end, wth? This is oddly entertaining still...
Oct 10, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2012
Sigmund05 said:
I can't help but hate this show. I really want to like it but the animations are so ugly and the plot is meh. I like the art style but they cant even properly animate explosions and there are random things in the episode that don't make any sense. A dolphin jumping in a river inside a jungle while there is a mobile suit walking in the river... really?

The main characters don't have any real allegiance, and they head back to the pirate's base as if they are just going on a field trip. Weren't they fighting them just an episode ago? The commander lets a prisoner pilot the gundam so she can escape... Oh wait, they had tea just before that to get information from her instead of forcing information out of her. And they were satisfied with no information from the prisoner too...

Even the mobile suits are stupid. A toilet seat/pilot seat, a fire extinguisher in a gundam, are some of the stupid examples.

They should switch the director and the animation studio before this show goes down the drain. I thought it was a Bones studio type of artwork at first too.

The director is the same that made Gundam-san, what did you expect? :) The good thing about Tomino is that he excels in self-irony as much as making awesome shows.

That is, the dolphin shouldn't be in the river and teh MegaFauna shouldn't be a spin-off of how Shere Khan fell on Kaa, while Mowgli is piloting Gundam with horns, but if you are familiar with the man's sense of humor and how much we already saw from his Gundams, I'd rather say is a fun drive.
Oct 10, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2012
tomino must be surprised that anime fans these age judge every single damn thing badly. like people now watching anime to seek perfectness, not enjoyment -_-
i bet at the end of this series, only UC fans remain while the others keep bitching and eventually drop or watch it till the end just to rant in forum -_-
Oct 10, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
ex_necross said:
I'm getting teary eyed by some of this shit dude. I missed Tomino so fucking much. Getting a serious urge to watch all of the 20th century Gundams again.

THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is REAL anime. It just doesn't get better than this.

So far I haven't been impressed by Reconguista. There are other shows this season that seem far more promising than what we've got out of this one.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Oct 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2008
Sigmund05 said:

A toilet seat in the mobile suit is genius. What else are they gonna do when they're in the midst of space? Mans gotta go when a man's gotta go. I do agree that the fire extinguisher was pretty stupid.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Oct 10, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2010
The toilet seat was one of the most WTF things I've seen recently. And was that guy at the end taking a dump for real? In front of the girls. Seriously?!! The call of nature must have really hit him hard. Jeeeez.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2007
I can already tell that if anything this show is going to be the kind that rewards patience and an open mind. I wouldn't expect that sort of thing to go over well with the average anime fan nowadays that outright demands instant gratification and understanding of everything that is transpiring. Personally I like a little mystery and fun in my shows so still having very little problems with this show and quite enjoying it.

ex_necross said:

I don't remember any bad dialogue from this episode. I guess the way pretty boy was talking about "injuring" people was kind of odd, but that's just grasping at straws.

I think the problem is that a lot of people are used to a certain style of dialogue while Tomino is the sort of writer that likes to keep things moving along and if you aren't keeping up than that's sort of the viewers problem and kind of tough luck. There's nothing I can see in this show that doesn't make sense or that is confusing that I feel like we need to know about right this instance so I think it's largely just a matter of attention span. If people are expecting something like say an Aldnoah.Zero type experience out of this show where everything is very black and white and instantly understandable in all it's simplicity I'm afraid they aren't going to get it here. To me this show looks like it's going to be more about concerns dealing with resource hoarding, adventure, religion, human evolution, racism and concerns that are pressing in Japan at this time as opposed to strictly war and anime tropes.

ninjastarforcex said:
tomino must be surprised that anime fans these age judge every single damn thing badly. like people now watching anime to seek perfectness, not enjoyment -_-
i bet at the end of this series, only UC fans remain while the others keep bitching and eventually drop or watch it till the end just to rant in forum -_-

People just don't really have an open mind anymore and are really only open to a very small selection of subjects, styles and appeals that they're even really remotely willing to give a chance too. I knew this sort of show would never really go over well with people that are used to Visual Novel and Light Novel type stories that have created a certain expectation on how to handle storytelling and character development. To me the real problem here is the show just isn't as simplistic and typical of modern anime, it's very traditional which shouldn't come as a surprise from a guy that's been around the industry long enough to have worked under the tutelage of the likes of Osamu Tezuka who sadly most people here are unlike to even be aware of nor familiar with his legacy as the God of Manga and the guy that got this whole anime thing started in the first place. See in the eyes of Tezuka and his proteges like Tomino anime is for kids (the TV network is really fucking things up trying to put this at a 2:00 am time slot IMO) and they feel a certain kind of duty to try to instill positive values and ideas in the younger generation and tend to be rather critical of the failings of previous generations to make a better world for future generations of humanity. I can already feel that sort of theme at play in the framework of this show and am kind of curious to see how it tackles it cause I really don't think anime has done that sort of thing in quite some time.

There's also definitely a sort of all or nothing approach to how people watch anime these days compared to how it was when I first got into it for sure though. Everyone always seems to be looking for that "epic masterpiece" type show or feel they've already found it on day one and thus by comparison everything else must be crap, and boy can the pendulum swing to outright crap in an awful hurry. Everything is always also a colossally big deal and there's very little room for just calm and collected introspection on what one is watching. Usually most discussion tends to revolve around one very specific little thing that happens as opposed to a consideration of an episode as a whole as well so you just don't get the sort of analysis you used to out of shows except in very rare occasions where you have a predetermined masterpiece kind of show. I'm not sure I'd say there's no attempt to enjoy anime anymore per se, but rather enjoyment seems largely predetermined by attitudes going into a show and kind of comes across as fake or just people saying the things they think their friends or other forum goers want to hear creating this sort of echo chamber effect. Also declarations of enjoyment tend to be incredibly over the top (leading to that "fake" feel) and based around things that to me at least really just shouldn't be that much of a tipping point between enjoyment, evaluation of quality and that sort of hyperbolic tortured reaction that a lot of fans love to give.
PeacingOutOct 10, 2014 3:43 PM
Oct 10, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
that was a good episode especially near the end
Oct 10, 2014 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
One other thing I think people are making a huge mistake on is trying to look at this as the kind of show where you have a bunch of characters on one side and a bunch of characters on the other and that's the way it stays. I mean yeah you have your factions, but Tomino and Gundam at large has really never been about a sort of us vs. them approach so much as characters following the sorts of things they believe in and trying to maintain their humanity in the face of armed conflict and war. I will be very surprised if we get that sort of these are the good guys and these are the bad guys simplicity out of this show and where it just focuses on a simple war is bad and lots of people die theme.
Oct 10, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
Its more like people act like tomino now cause that guy criticizes just about everything, pretty much every interview of him for this show was him bitching about something whether it be how the animation procsess has changed and voice acting hes been pretty much bitching and gloating he'd be improving on the supposed criticisms hes boasted. Thats pretty much the main reason i went into this with such caution is cause he sounds like a relic whos stuck in the past refusing to accept change and i believed that was going to negatively effect the series, it ended up feeling way more modern than i was anticipating i still cant shake the feeling hes trying adapt to the present and simply cant

Primus2x said:
I hope so as religion is an interesting device not really used in any of the other gundam, maybe its religion can be based around newtypes or such which would make sense in context of this show's history. I just hope they dont play it off as a corrupt religion like in every god damn show/movie/game ever with its in world religion

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 10, 2014 6:25 PM

May 2013
Eh, whats with the pink-haired girl joining the three that piloted the G-Self? I don't get it at all, she'll become a nuisance if ever.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 10, 2014 6:27 PM

May 2013
Sigmund05 said:

Uhh you do know that the Zeta and Rick Dias suits had built in sealant launchers as well as signal flares and fire extinguishers in their fingers? Most of the suits during Zeta ended up having them.
Oct 10, 2014 8:31 PM
Feb 2010
ex_necross said:
I'm getting teary eyed by some of this shit dude. I missed Tomino so fucking much. Getting a serious urge to watch all of the 20th century Gundams again.

THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is REAL anime. It just doesn't get better than this.

As fun as the show is right now having the G-Self's seat, and other MS' apparently, be a crapper is something I didn't need to know.

I guess Tomino having the MC take a dump in the G-Self is saying Gundam is the Sh@t or Gundam is Sh@t. Remember he did not want to make this a Gundam series originally.
Oct 11, 2014 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
What was Bellri doing in the end with blanket?
Oct 11, 2014 1:23 AM
Feb 2010
Holybum said:
What was Bellri doing in the end with blanket?

Taking a dump. MS seats can function as toilets in this series.
Oct 11, 2014 1:36 AM

Nov 2010
So I guess the main female character spontaneously breaks out some ballet dance moves every time she walks into a room. Right...

Most nonchalant and laid back way to handle prisoners and kidnappings I've seen in my life. I guess it came as a huge shock when the prisoner who walks absolutely freely 99% of the time and was let into the super robot that can only be piloted by three people used said opportunity to get back to her base. Monday's treatment and handling is still as illogical as ever. Relationship between the leads is forced and as unnatural as unnatural gets. Just what the hell am I even seeing... This isn't old-school, Zeta for example didn't handle things in this stupid a manner. Hell even the original Gundam didn't have so much stupid stuff and it came out, what? 30 years ago?

Characters are less likely to be hit by shots according to their importance. Falling bodies/objects are easier to hit (in fact for a pro it would be a fairly easy job) than flying ones using some kind of a propeller. It's funny how the rescuer lieutenant could make such precise shots on the wings of flying mechs but could not hit the falling one anywhere.

Yet, what I find most amusing about this show is not its kid-oriented flaws but the way some hipsters and elitists that take a hyper-cynical attitude towards every anime they see and nitpick every single episode of those shows for stupid stuff now feel this is the AOTS and see nothing wrong/stupid here just because it is "old-school".

Such a pity. I find the setting to be fairly interesting and want to see where the story goes, the art and animation work pretty well and at times it has a really nice feel. But they just keep ruining it with some frustrating scenes.
Oct 11, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2010
Well that's how most UC Gundam is like, especially Zeta and ZZ where a bunch of stupid kids (and adults) do whatever they like, even if it makes no sense at all and gets them killed. It's still fun to watch though, at least for me, Tomino has his own special way of doing things.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 11, 2014 5:06 AM

Oct 2011
ninjastarforcex said:

Are you saying that quality has no correlation at all to one's enjoyment of a show?
CheesekaoOct 11, 2014 5:25 AM
Oct 11, 2014 6:16 AM

Mar 2011
CookingPriest said:
*yawn*

Still don't care about any of characters or setting.
Still have no idea what the fuck is going on or why should I care it is going on.
The art style is still horrible and the animation meh.
2/5

One more episode and dropping this shit.

Harsh as fuck for no reason.
Oct 11, 2014 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
iCards said:
ex_necross said:

As fun as the show is right now having the G-Self's seat, and other MS' apparently, be a crapper is something I didn't need to know.

I guess Tomino having the MC take a dump in the G-Self is saying Gundam is the Sh@t or Gundam is Sh@t. Remember he did not want to make this a Gundam series originally.
oh god i forgot he didnt want to do this as a gundam series originally, oh fuck we may have another victory gundam on our hands where he purposely tries to fuck things up, oh god now that whole

rumor makes alot more sense in this mindset

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2014 10:37 AM
Sep 2014
Oh I didn't know that. In that case, I will keep an open mind while watching this show. It was a love and hate relationship when I watched the episode though.

Love the Art Style - Hate the Animation and what the robots look like
Love the Characters' personality - Hate their dialogue and motives
Love the Comedy - Hate the random nonsense
Oct 11, 2014 12:17 PM
Jan 2012
Sigmund05 said:

Rofl. Not sure if you're trolling or just plain ignorant.
Oct 11, 2014 2:46 PM
Jul 2009
kurosaki_kabuto said:
So I guess the main female character spontaneously breaks out some ballet dance moves every time she walks into a room. Right...

Most nonchalant and laid back way to handle prisoners and kidnappings I've seen in my life.
[long-ass post]

I'm not totally sure this is what Tomino intended, but I think some of the "stupidity" we're seeing from the characters is because war is totally foreign to them. This show is at least a thousand years after Victory. They've been living in peace so long that they don't understand concepts like kidnapping.

I could be totally wrong, but that's what I'm guessing based on the first 3 episodes.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Oct 11, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
kurosaki_kabuto said:

Most nonchalant and laid back way to handle prisoners and kidnappings I've seen in my life. I guess it came as a huge shock when the prisoner who walks absolutely freely 99% of the time and was let into the super robot that can only be piloted by three people used said opportunity to get back to her base. Monday's treatment and handling is still as illogical as ever. Relationship between the leads is forced and as unnatural as unnatural gets. Just what the hell am I even seeing... This isn't old-school, Zeta for example didn't handle things in this stupid a manner. Hell even the original Gundam didn't have so much stupid stuff and it came out, what? 30 years ago?

Characters are less likely to be hit by shots according to their importance. Falling bodies/objects are easier to hit (in fact for a pro it would be a fairly easy job) than flying ones using some kind of a propeller. It's funny how the rescuer lieutenant could make such precise shots on the wings of flying mechs but could not hit the falling one anywhere.

Yet, what I find most amusing about this show is not its kid-oriented flaws but the way some hipsters and elitists that take a hyper-cynical attitude towards every anime they see and nitpick every single episode of those shows for stupid stuff now feel this is the AOTS and see nothing wrong/stupid here just because it is "old-school".

Such a pity. I find the setting to be fairly interesting and want to see where the story goes, the art and animation work pretty well and at times it has a really nice feel. But they just keep ruining it with some frustrating scenes.

I agree with you. They really know how to treat their prisoners. >.>

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 11, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
Lets set an ever sliding scale of increasingly impossible and forced standards for the show to meet that it clearly never intends to in the first place and then point out why it sucks for never meeting those standards. 0_o
Oct 11, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Lets set an ever sliding scale of increasingly impossible and forced standards for the show to meet that it clearly never intends to in the first place and then point out why it sucks for never meeting those standards. 0_o
when those standards are very basic and bare minimum levels of coherency which it fails to meet then its very deserving of those criticsms, no series deserves immunity from criticsm especially something as flawed as this has been so far, if it improves than thats great those criticisms will slowly fade but if it doesnt then it will stay the same deserving.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 11, 2014 5:41 PM

Oct 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:

So generic ecchi harem pandering fanservice anime shouldn't be criticized because it isn't trying to be more than what it is?
CheesekaoOct 12, 2014 6:58 AM
Oct 11, 2014 6:51 PM
Mar 2014
Liked this episode. The combat was nice and things are becoming a bit more clear. Can't wait to see next episode!
Oct 12, 2014 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
this show isnt UC is it? by UC you mean universal century?

tis is the first official gundam to take place after universal century.

in this very ep bellri was even talking about how all the power is consolidated and controlled by capital guard or whatever so they dont make the same mistakes of the universal century, when mankind almost got destroyed. (Im guessing they are talking about all the wars and especially gundam unicorn in that line)

anyway, UC is over. this is a new era. I forgot what it was called tho.

I really like this show though, I think its awesome. Original animation style, and feel.

Almost feels like eureka 7 or something lol, im really enjoying it.
Oct 12, 2014 6:09 AM

Nov 2012
GarudaAiacos said:
this show isnt UC is it? by UC you mean universal century?

tis is the first official gundam to take place after universal century.

second.
first is turn a
Oct 12, 2014 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
Also what do people mean with no killing? didnt the main character bell kill someone in the very first ep in the g self?

the guy that came to save the red headed girl. tats why she got so mad and cried and hit on him. And in ep 3 she was talking to him about it again and he said many people died on our side too.

Anyway, people will die in this show, there will be wars. It is not a complete kids show like AGE. its more like an eureka 7 or the very first original gundam from te 70s or what ever. That very first gundam that introduced both CHAR and amuro was very similar to this.

People WILL DIE. This ep I think wanted to show us that cocky little kid wasnt all evil.. it seems maybe the main char will fight with the "space pirates" who knows but they might not be the bad guys and that battle was showing us they werent complete evil I believe.

Why do people have to die all the time anyway? In our world the first response isnt always to kill people either. The cops confront an armed robber they at least attempt to tell them to throw down their weapon and arrest them. Thats what Bell did in the first ep he tried to capture the girl alive and take her prisoner.

There will be deaths in this but just because one ep they try to fight without killing someone you gonna complain? That is ridiculous.
Oct 12, 2014 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
I think instead of blaming the Colonel for not confining the prisoner, there is a counter point that he treated her like a guest, which makes some sense if the objective is to learn more about the G-Self, which they should because they are the research division. Remember Aida is 1 of 3 people that can activate the mysterious MS, Raraiya's mental state is a mess and the third is of course our protagonist Bellri who has no knowledge of its origin.

And while it appears that there was no resistance against them making it out with the G-Self, a missing detail in the discussions was the Colonel giving them directions to the cockpit. I have no idea why he did that and how it will help the research of the MS, but if it is up to the conspiracy theorist in me to make a guess, he may have a hidden agenda that we do not yet know of and by staging this escape and sending Bellri into the middle of the conflict that is building up, somewhere along there is a bigger fish to catch?

Well no thanks to the show's haphazard presentation, I think us viewers might have to connect the dots ourselves but even that may be difficult without more coherent info. A couple of times I've noticed that when a character was about to speak more on a subject matter, he/she was cut off by some distractions thrown in and left things unsaid lol. Hopefully the plot and world view will begin to make sense later in the series.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.