Forum Settings
Forums

Why Is The Idea of Having a Harem so appealing to some of you?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2014 9:11 PM

May 2012
Red_Keys said:
Because immature awkward children who have never been in a close relationship with a member of the opposite sex have retarded expectations and fantasies.

How did you know!!?!
May 20, 2014 9:13 PM

Sep 2013
I doubt people are serious about harems, though I'm not sure since I've never formed one myself.
May 20, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
StardustNyako said:
You're saying you'd like to break the hearts of one to four girls/guts to be with one girl/guy in the end . . .

This is actually a really good question. I've actually been in a situation where several girls were interested in me. Frankly, it was frustrating. Oddly enough, I still love watching harem anime. The reason I can think of is because I like the idea of having all these wonderful options. Because in harem anime almost all the options are gorgeous inside and out. If I met many of the characters from the harem anime I've watched in real life I would want to date them (at least that's what I think now).

Also, I must admit that in harem anime all these beautiful girls that are interested in the MC are magically still single. In real life you may get some girls who are in a relationship but actively looking - which really pisses me off. I don't like the idea of being a stepping stone.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I thought this data might help along the way.
May 20, 2014 9:20 PM
Oct 2012
>>Why Is The Idea of Having a Harem so appealing to some of you?<<

Because then you can form your own tournament softball team of course.
May 20, 2014 9:35 PM

Nov 2013
Because then you have more variety in the physical characteristics of your descendants, which is a +1 for harem round 2.
May 20, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know why someone wouldn't want a group of attractive people trying to prove their love to you.

May 20, 2014 9:54 PM
Jan 2013
Shrabster said:
I don't know why someone wouldn't want a group of attractive people trying to prove their love to you.

Some people prefer to have 'the one'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh, I hate harem anime. So annoying. There are some decent anime out there with harem-esque scenarios that aren't really harem anime in my estimation though (Clannad).

Anyways, I'm not interested in 2D harems (lame animes that resort to "character appeal") or 3D ones. Ugh, real life harem? One woman would be more than enough headaches for an ordinary guy like me.
May 20, 2014 10:25 PM

Jan 2014
Anime is a visualization of my imaginations. Of course having a harem is a part of it.
I love Math equations and 2D, so deal with it.
May 21, 2014 1:18 AM

May 2009
What's NOT to like about being surrounded by pretty girls who all want to have sex with you? Whether it's practical in real life is another matter, but a guy can dream, can't he?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 1:20 AM

May 2014
I think basic knowledge of instincts can answer this question.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
May 21, 2014 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
Because I'm a human being?

Besides, just because I think harem anime is funny, doesn't mean I secretly want a harem.

Don't project onto people.
May 21, 2014 1:28 AM

Dec 2007
"Because everyone is happy in the harem ending" ~ Sugisaki Ken
May 22, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2012
I hate harems, they never get anywhere.
May 22, 2014 4:03 PM

Mar 2012
Because it ruins the plot... Authors think that having harem, wouldn't need story...
So it ruins, any complexity u expected for that story...When they put harem on it, they already give up on making a good story anymore.

And its too:
Jackrabb1t said:
Ugh, I hate harem anime. So annoying. There are some decent anime out there with harem-esque scenarios that aren't really harem anime in my estimation though (Clannad).

Anyways, I'm not interested in 2D harems (lame animes that resort to "character appeal") or 3D ones. Ugh, real life harem? One woman would be more than enough headaches for an ordinary guy like me.

Doflamingo45 said:
I hate harems, they never get anywhere.
May 22, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
Possibilities.
May 22, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
Some harem anime have really interesting characters like Rosario Vampire, Monogatari, and Steins;Gate
May 22, 2014 4:50 PM
Apr 2010
Virgins.

*walks around and suddenly trips and falls face first into a girls tits*

OOPS! How is this funny?
May 22, 2014 5:23 PM
May 2009
A harem is about having multiple partners in addition to having multiple people love you. It has just as much to do with the sex as it does with the self esteem that comes with it.

As for the anime versions, it is escapism to pretend that the watcher may one day be in a position where they can have multiple loving sex partners and the social status that comes with that. Plus they have tons of T&A to make it an enjoyable experience.
May 26, 2014 2:49 AM

Dec 2013
"guys guys look at these 50 girls who likes me because i did something small!!"- Said no real life person ever.

seriously though, i bet those guys who likes harem tend to delusioning themselves to become the MC.
Thats what losers irl do

also, all harem MC is so dense, never use their chance to have sex with those 50 ppl
SlowDancerMay 26, 2014 2:52 AM
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
May 26, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
TheFilthyCasual said:
I think basic knowledge of instincts can answer this question.
May 26, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2011
SlowDancer said:
also, all harem MC is so dense, never use their chance to have sex with those 50 ppl

School Days
May 26, 2014 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
SlowDancer said:

School Days

yea except that
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
May 26, 2014 5:28 AM

Jun 2008
StardustNyako said:
You're saying you'd like to break the hearts of one to four girls/guts to be with one girl/guy in the end . . .

No we hope they will be fine sharing.

Red_Keys said:
Because immature awkward children who have never been in a close relationship with a member of the opposite sex have retarded expectations and fantasies.

If a fantasy is based on reality then is not much of a fantasy is it?
And i doubt many expect to actually get a harem, is just a fantasy dude, relax your asshole genes.

ReaperCreeper said:
SlowDancer said:

School Days

A hero to us all.
Jun 1, 2014 3:34 AM

May 2013
Because of their instincts? Lmao.

But seriously, I think some people hates harem basically because of dense MC's, annoying girls of his harem and the harem destroys the plot. But there are some good harems out there. People's instincts, again.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2014 3:57 AM

Sep 2009
Here I thought harem was a symbiotic relationship between a group of people and one person's idiocy. If said person choose a partner out of the group then naturally it'll cease to be a harem correct?

Leaving formalities aside and getting back to OP, I think it's because there's no such thing as a perfect women. A harem solves that problem by offering multiple partners each with a piece of the puzzle. Thus by not choosing you have a collective group of people that offer the company and services of a perfect women.

But then again it's 4 in the morning here so I might be pulling this out of my ass, who knows. Who knows........
Jun 1, 2014 4:17 AM

Dec 2012
Ask Genghis.
I think it was something like 0.5% of all the men in the world carry his gene. That is ALOT of people!

Okay in all seriousness.

Lets rule out society: morals, ethics, etc. Just biology.

Biologically at least, you'd be mixing your genetics with multiple different cross-overs when done with multiple specimens. Therefore, genetic variation is increased vastly compared to say, reproducing with one partner. Genetic variation allows for diversity + evolution. This all ties up in the end which accounts to survival of your genes.
Jun 1, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:
I want a harem like this.

Or a hentai harem that's always the best, because they actually have sex with no real drama.

Lol that manga is hilarious in a messed up way. I think probly cause it's something thats more or less unattainable or atleast extremely unlikely in real life and we all want what we can't have. Personally I think it just doesn't make sense to be with more than one person at a time.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 1, 2014 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
I like reverse harem anime... but what you like on anime and what you'd like IRL aren't always the same. The thought of a bunch of guys falling in love with the same girl and doting on her is attractive in thought. Of course I'd hate to be in a situation IRL where more than one guy was in love with me... that'd just be chaotic and you'd have to break somebody's heart no matter what.

I joke to my husband that my friend is in a real life reverse harem situation... but it's not really a joke at all I guess. She's married to one guy that she separates with off and on, has a child with another that she has left and gone back to over and over again (violent man), and has another guy that is kind of in the background openly in love with her and will help her out financially whenever she needs it, but she maintains that relationship as flirtatious but nothing more. Now... she's not really "two timing" any of them physically as she's always with only one person... but she also seems to just lead them on and can't make up her mind and stick with it. All the guys know the situation with the other guys thoroughly too.

It's odd... and while I find the concept kind of hot in an anime of a girl with lots of guys chasing after her, the real life situation is really messed up and I'd NEVER want to be in a situation like that. Even in the anime, I always have to pick one favorite guy character, and I want her to end up with one guy... but unlike real life, the other guys always end up happily accepting their fates and moving on with life.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - 1 hour ago

9 by solacez »»
10 seconds ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 1 hour ago

12 by solacez »»
2 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - 10 minutes ago

0 by MaximumHolder500 »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 2 hours ago

9 by solacez »»
25 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

76 by Mirthmaxxing »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.