Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2009 7:25 AM

May 2009
autisticanime said:
TsukikageRan said:
Tracey Moore / Terri Hawkes - the English dubbed Sailor Moon/ Usagi. And I still have a few more episodes to finish the franchise. Shocking voice difference from the original. Horrendous 'adult-trying-to-sound-like-a-kid' acting.

Linda (name may be wrong) Ballantyne was worse.

Was she the one who also did Sailormoon? I swear it's just god-awful sound.
Sep 3, 2009 10:32 AM
Aug 2009
Maybe Aya Hirano ...
KumohiraOct 15, 2010 7:48 AM
Sep 3, 2009 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
Who ever did the voice of Tai in the original Digimon for the English dub, his voice is fucking everywhere and I hate it
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 3, 2009 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
Itachi-san said:
Kugimiya Rie

can't stand tsundere bitches

i agree, i can't stand her voice
i was upset when i found out that shes going to do Happy's voice in the
Fairy Tail anime
Sep 4, 2009 11:57 PM

Apr 2009
On another note someone who is REALLY good in dub is Greg Ayres.

His voice work in Ouran and Beck were..amazing..
He can really sound like a kid :O
Sep 5, 2009 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
Last time I checked, this was a thread for who you think are the worst actors.... not who you think are mediocre or decent actors.

OP IS A LIAR
Sep 5, 2009 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
Defiance said:
Last time I checked, this was a thread for who you think are the worst actors.... not who you think are mediocre or decent actors.

OP IS A LIAR

I knowwwww hahaah..
I had to get my point across though D:
Sep 5, 2009 1:19 AM

Mar 2009
Hirano Aya
i don't like her voice and her bad attitude :(
Sep 5, 2009 1:33 AM

Jul 2008
ANALDEFILER said:
Mjaut said:
Sho Hayami, Norio Wakamoto and Kei Tomiyama.
That has to be a troll post

As for my answers? Johnny Yong Bosch and Vic Mignogna turned me off dubs forever. Japanese? Ai Nonoka, Aya Hirano, and a large portion of Kugimiya Rie's roles. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Sep 5, 2009 2:31 AM
Apr 2008
Whoever voices Shana in SnS. I am not going to bother searching and finding her name because she it is not worth my time.
Sep 5, 2009 9:04 AM

Dec 2008
Splitter said:
kidrobot said:
Nobody can be worst than johnny yong bosch!!!!!!!

You've obviously never heard of David Moo.

Here comes the 4kids One Piece flashbacks

Bella Hudson, Minx Lee, and Chiaki Omigawa
Sep 5, 2009 12:12 PM

May 2009
This thread makes me sad.

Jun Fukuyama is one of my favourite seiyuu.

I agree with the Rie Kugimiya hate in some ways, when whenever you watch something tsundere it's her, but she's still great in other roles. The reason she's on my favourites list is because of her voicing Kagura in Gintama, and in my opinion she's perfect for the role.

As for someone i hate, there probably wasn't anyone absolutely terrible, because i don't really remember anyone in particular.
Sep 5, 2009 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
Junko Takeuchi and Mayumi Tanaka
Sep 5, 2009 4:38 PM
Aug 2009
Don't think there are really bad voice actors from what I've seen. You could have a big hatred on someone I guess. It's just more about the characters and if the voice goes well with it. Then again, I'm quite easily satisfied and don't get annoyed quick.
Sep 5, 2009 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
Asako said:
The only instance of absolutely terrible work I can recall off the top of my head is Kaneda Tomoko's role as Aoi in Myself;Yourself. It was earshatteringly horrific. She was adorable as Chiyo, but wow did Aoi make me want to smash something.
My God. It was like the first time hearing that... that... monstrosity. I couldn't take that anime with a serious face at all even though it's supposed to be somewhat drama-tear-droopy. Bringing this up just makes me remind of that awful, awful sound. I honestly don't know how anyone could possibly like that voice. And yeah, Chiyo's voice actually fits and was nice. (Though I think I watched half of Azumanga Daioh in English.)

Another voice I can't deal with would be Mamiko Noto, who Gosh, features in a lot of anime I've seen already. I can't precisely explain why, too soft? or... weak? or... Meh. It isn't particularly a hate either, annoyance, maybe? Sheesh.

http://myanimelist.net/people/40/Mamiko_Noto
Sep 5, 2009 7:39 PM

Apr 2008
I can't really say I have a least favorite Japanese voice actor since I don't know the language and I can't tell whether the actor's being sincere or not.

As for English, it's probably Richard Epcar. He was tolerable in Kingdom Hearts II, but hearing him in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex made me want to break something.
Oct 3, 2009 10:07 AM
Sep 2007
Can't say she's bad or something like that, but I don't see, I mean hear, anything special in Yui Horie's voice, something that makes it different from rather unknown and average anime voices.
Jan 19, 2010 6:26 PM

Aug 2009
Not necessarily certain voice actors, but I don't like it when the voices don't match the characters..
[right]

Jan 19, 2010 9:16 PM

Aug 2009
MRS_FUTOSHI said:
English dub and Japanese

Since I am not fluent in Japanese I can not actually whether or some some Japanese voice actor is a lousy voice actor. I however can say that sometimes I do come across a voice of a character or two I do not like for example in a sub the character Himeji's voice in Himawari! I did not really like,again since I am not fluent in Japanese I can not tell if the voice actress who does that character's voice is a shitty voice actress. A voice I did not like in a dubbed series is the Character Molly's voice in Sailor Moon,if Molly and Serena are supposed to be from the same town then why does she have accent?
ezikialrageDec 29, 2010 7:41 PM
Jan 19, 2010 9:36 PM

Jun 2007
HappyPear said:
Whoever voices Shana in SnS. I am not going to bother searching and finding her name because she it is not worth my time.
Tabitha St. Germain?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jan 19, 2010 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
HappyPear said:

English or Japanese? I've seen both while I didn't like the English voice of Shana I like Kugimiya Rie's job on it.
Jan 20, 2010 1:28 AM

Dec 2007
I usually don't pay much attention to the voice acting because it just needs to be acceptable to be good. So far the worst voice acting I've ever seen and heard is the whole cast of Inukami! and the whole female cast of School Rumble. They don't even match the movements of the drawings for gods sake.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jan 20, 2010 1:38 AM

Jan 2010
English dub is too bad
Jan 20, 2010 1:43 AM

Apr 2009
Sick_Bastard said:

Just shitty: Naruto's voice. Lord, as if I needed another one of my sense assaulted by that show.

agree

naruto's voice actor is garbage -_-
Jan 20, 2010 2:15 AM

Dec 2009
Takkou Ishimori.

He sounds absolutely terrible as Fleet Admiral Sengoku in One Piece.
Jan 20, 2010 4:33 AM

Jul 2009
Tyestor said:
HappyPear said:

English or Japanese? I've seen both while I didn't like the English voice of Shana I like Kugimiya Rie's job on it.

The English and Japanese voices are both crap. Especially Kugimiya Rie's voice, her Tsundere voice sounds like my dog in pain.
Jan 20, 2010 8:53 AM

Jul 2007
Psajdak said:
Can't say she's bad or something like that, but I don't see, I mean hear, anything special in Yui Horie's voice, something that makes it different from rather unknown and average anime voices.

What makes Hocchan great is how versatile she is. Looking at all the different characters she played last year, and how many of them have different distinct voices is quite a feat for one seiyuu.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 20, 2010 10:07 AM

Apr 2008
aquamarineAngel said:
English: That craptastic what's-his-face that did Muraki's voice in Descendants of Darkness

Edward McLeod? LOL that brings back memories. I used to think that he had one of the sexiest voices ever XD. Then I began to realize how God-awful the majority of Central Park Media's dubs were.
Jan 21, 2010 12:25 PM

Jul 2008
It has to be Hino Satoshi for his infuriating voice like in Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no shana.
Jan 21, 2010 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
stpiio said:
Tyestor said:
HappyPear said:

The English and Japanese voices are both crap. Especially Kugimiya Rie's voice, her Tsundere voice sounds like my dog in pain.

Blasphemy. Rie does an excellent job as Shana. I wouldn't have any other VA voice Shana.
Jan 21, 2010 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
wow there are really people who hate Johnny and Jun? Man this world is cruel.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I already knew there were people who hated Chris Patton =(

I don't think any of the well known voice actors are that bad, it's only the ones you come across once in a while who are completely unknown and probably got hired because they were delivering pizza to the cheapass production company that couldn't be bothered to hire real voice actors. Like whoever did the voices in 'when they cry' dub. I couldn't even watch 3 minutes of that.
Jan 21, 2010 3:44 PM
Jun 2008
All the seiyuu cast in Strange Love. My ears literally started gushing blood upon hearing it.

But overrated would be Fukuyama Jun who is massive ham and Hirano Aya who has like three voices that she uses over and over and over again.
Jan 21, 2010 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
tizara said:
wow there are really people who hate Johnny and Jun? Man this world is cruel.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I already knew there were people who hated Chris Patton =(

I don't think any of the well known voice actors are that bad, it's only the ones you come across once in a while who are completely unknown and probably got hired because they were delivering pizza to the cheapass production company that couldn't be bothered to hire real voice actors. Like whoever did the voices in 'when they cry' dub. I couldn't even watch 3 minutes of that.

You could have just said Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, not like it matters anyway. I have heard the dub sucks ass compared to the sub. Also, Johnny and Chris are awesome. Dis them and I'll burn your house down.

Jan 21, 2010 4:01 PM

Jul 2009
Ehh..I'm not really familiar enough with most voice actors to have and specific hated ones, but there have been a few that just didn't seem the fit the character at all..

One being Mugen in the Japanese version of Samurai Champloo. (Looked it up: Kazuya Nakai) From the first episode I saw of that series through watching the entire thing twice, I'd only heard the English dubbed version. I was in for a huge surprise when I started watching it in Japanese one day. Mugen's voice scared the bejeebers out of me (seriously)! I know most anime fans usually prefer the Japanese voices over English dubs (for the authenticity, I guess? And sometimes the English dubs just suck), but I usually pick dubs whenever they're available so I can focus more on the action/art without having to worry about missing a line. And in my opinion, Mugen's Japanese voice does not fit him AT ALL. Steven Blum, who does the English voice, definitely seems to capture the character perfectly, but of course it's all relative.

Obviously that doesn't mean Kazuya Nakai is a bad voice actor...I've only really listened to a couple minutes of him anyway XD But other than that, no one specifically comes to mind.
Jan 21, 2010 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Tyestor said:
stpiio said:
Tyestor said:
HappyPear said:

Blasphemy. Rie does an excellent job as Shana. I wouldn't have any other VA voice Shana.

I couldn't agree more. Kugimiya Rie all the way.
Jan 24, 2010 7:36 PM

Nov 2008
i'm a dub hater.

need more be said? i think not.
Jan 25, 2010 5:30 PM

Jun 2009
Chris Patton makes me hate characters instantly. I try really hard to stay far from him.
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Jan 26, 2010 7:39 AM
Oct 2009
Well in the Japanese I never really hated any voice; just kinda loud and high pitched.

Dub sometimes it seems like the actor isn't putting any effort in to it.
Jan 26, 2010 7:50 AM

Jan 2009
Mariko Kouda, her voice makes my ears bleed so badly. No need to say about dubs.
Jan 26, 2010 8:14 AM

Oct 2007
Aya Hirano

>:(
Jan 26, 2010 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
Jun isn't bad! He's just the object of affection of thousands of yaoi fangirls. and he gots glasses.

http://myanimelist.net/people.php?id=273 she's bad
Jan 26, 2010 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
Maile Flanagan - Naruto Uzumaki (English VA)
Jan 26, 2010 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
samsnapshot said:
Maile Flanagan - Naruto Uzumaki (English VA)

no way

i reckon she is pretty talented for her age
and she can sound like a younger boy
its pretty cool
Jan 27, 2010 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
I can't think of any Japanese seiyuus that really irk me at the moment but as for English dub voice actors the one that I hate the most is Spike Spencer. His voice as Shinji in Evangelion and Akito in Nadesico made my ears bleed. :\
Jan 27, 2010 7:10 PM

Jan 2009
tehnominator said:
But overrated would be Fukuyama Jun who is massive ham and Hirano Aya who has like three voices that she uses over and over and over again.

Quoted for absolute truth. Are they terrible VAs? No. Are they overrated? Yes.

Jan 27, 2010 7:27 PM

Jun 2008
Yorokobu said:
tehnominator said:

Quoted for absolute truth. Are they terrible VAs? No. Are they overrated? Yes.
Who exactly are rating them? It's not like there's a system where we "rate" them from 1-10 or something. There's just a favourite list, (which is a long way from rating something), and I happen to like her songs, much more so than her voice acting career. Even when a lot of people call her or Jun "the best!", it's only because they like the voice (and there's no need to change it) or they haven't heard anything more charismatic.

I may just be tl;dr because I "hate" the word overrated. So uh, don't worry about it.
Jan 27, 2010 11:42 PM
Dec 2008
Tachii said:

Another voice I can't deal with would be Mamiko Noto, who Gosh, features in a lot of anime I've seen already. I can't precisely explain why, too soft? or... weak? or... Meh. It isn't particularly a hate either, annoyance, maybe? Sheesh.

http://myanimelist.net/people/40/Mamiko_Noto

I actually liked Mamiko a lot, but I'm not sure how I started to hate it. Now I can't stand her character in Kimi ni Todoke and it's just...annoying. I'm not sure if it is too cute or something, but there is something that bothers me when I listen to her. I do have to say that her acting is good, is the voice that's the problem.
May 25, 2010 8:21 AM
Jan 2010
Brian Beacock (Takato) Digimon Tamers.

He makes him sound much older and much odder.

He should be better for Agumon and Puppet shows.
May 25, 2010 5:28 PM

May 2010
all those freakin voice actors who dub anime!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 4, 2010 2:52 PM
Jul 2010
The English voice of Rena from Higurashi no naku koro ni was HORRIBLE
...but only if you give me your cookies.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What if aliens made every anime have aliens in it?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

19 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 7 hours ago

23 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

38 by DaCraziGuy »»
14 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Today

37 by Neterosan »»
27 minutes ago

» The Impact of Anime on Global Pop Culture

LenRea - 5 hours ago

3 by LenRea »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.