Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you know is good, but dislike anyway?

New
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Feb 24, 2014 1:53 PM
Jan 2014
wanderingplayboy said:
Ghost001 said:
Where is attack on titan? I though everyone hated that anime? Or was it because of the fans?

Maybe people don't consider it as good. I mean... "Anime you know is good, but
dislike anyway?" and dislike != hate.

Yeah, sadly many people consider Disliking something the same as hating which is very different really
Feb 24, 2014 2:04 PM
Sep 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Jamie-sama said:
Maybe naruto is not as shit as I make it out to be, but you don't have to be a hipster to hate SAO, I'm pretty sure 90% of the people on this site do.

As for me, this question doesn't apply since everything I dislike is bad.
Actually this site shows that 95.7% of people actually rated SAO a 5 or above. So over 90% actually like it or don't mind it.

I can see what you mean (although the general population of MAL grossly overrates things.) My point was that if you saw an SAO hater, it would be normal, and you wouldn't consider them a hipster.
The end is nigh

Feb 24, 2014 2:07 PM
Nov 2013
Jamie-sama said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Jamie-sama said:
Maybe naruto is not as shit as I make it out to be, but you don't have to be a hipster to hate SAO, I'm pretty sure 90% of the people on this site do.

Actually this site shows that 95.7% of people actually rated SAO a 5 or above. So over 90% actually like it or don't mind it.

I can see what you mean (although the general population of MAL grossly overrates things.)

I know a guy that gives 9-10 for everything. 10 for him is good, 9 is lackluster.
Feb 24, 2014 2:10 PM

Nov 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Serial Experiments Lain - too slow and boring Kuuchuu Buranko is a better psychological anime.

I agree, it was VERY boring. A lot of reused scenes of stuff that doesn't really matter plot wise (put symbolism aside for now), characters barely saying anything, making you question if you've skipped an episode because the plot suddenly 'jumps' and also no background music. Was it deep or complex? You could say that. But it failed in serving it's other purpose which is entertainment.
Ergo Proxy had a few similar ideas and themes and I found it way more entertaining than this.
Feb 24, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
Rashkolnikov said:
Jamie-sama said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Jamie-sama said:

I can see what you mean (although the general population of MAL grossly overrates things.)

I know a guy that gives 9-10 for everything. 10 for him is good, 9 is lackluster.
lol thats pretty bad

I love it when you find those people that only do pass fail situations where its only a 10 or a 1, no in between so in the end they do nothing more than just over rate things since a show they find ok is put on part as a masterpiece

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 24, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
JabonHR said:

If there's a show I know is good but didn't like, or rather, if there's a show I want to like that I just don't, the most notable would probably be Trigun. I just couldn't get into it at all.

I'm going to have to agree with Trigun, it's a classic for sure but I can't get that into it and say it's great.
Feb 24, 2014 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
Naruto. Too many fillers but still good
Zero Suit Samus/ Meta Knight
M2k
DBZ
Feb 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
Acchi Kocchi. I love romance, and this one's great, but the plot wasn't really going anywhere, being a slice of life and all, so I dropped it. I never really cared for slice of life.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Newfags can't triforce.
Feb 24, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
gombo said:
JabonHR said:

If there's a show I know is good but didn't like, or rather, if there's a show I want to like that I just don't, the most notable would probably be Trigun. I just couldn't get into it at all.

I'm going to have to agree with Trigun, it's a classic for sure but I can't get that into it and say it's great.

What was it about Trigun that put you off? I liked the show but It definitely has some flaws.
Love and Peace!!!
Feb 24, 2014 5:34 PM

Nov 2011
Such series do not exist.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 24, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
Thund3r1 said:
gombo said:
JabonHR said:

What was it about Trigun that put you off? I liked the show but It definitely has some flaws.

To give my honest opinion, I found Trigun to be one of the more boring shows I've seen. Nothing about it really interested me. The characters didn't interest me, the action didn't interest me, and I thought the animation looked rather dated, even for 1998. I found it all to be rather unmemorable, and while I liked the idea of a "even if it hurts me horribly, I'll never kill a human being!" protagonist, I think it could've been executed better, comparing it to say, Rurouni Kenshin.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Feb 24, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2012
Ef the one with miyako in it I hated her and for that reason that why I don't like it even it half of the series is good
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Feb 24, 2014 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
white album 2- it was a pretty decent romance anime that was executed well but i really hated the characters. the dialogue was pretty unrealistic and naive too
Feb 24, 2014 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
It's impossible for me to dislike something I haven't experienced yet. Only after that can I like or dislike it.
Feb 24, 2014 7:36 PM

Dec 2013
Stein's Gate.
Feb 24, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
Neon Genesis Evangelion, because although I could see the appeal and what they were trying to do, I simply couldn't enjoy it, much less like it.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 25, 2014 4:49 AM

Jan 2012
I'm not really sure..if i ever disliked the anime if I think it's good.

If by majority thinks the anime is good, then I have to say Clannd AS and Puella Magi Madoka Magika.
I didn't enjoy them as much as I think I would.
Feb 25, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2014
JabonHR said:
Thund3r1 said:
gombo said:
JabonHR said:

To give my honest opinion, I found Trigun to be one of the more boring shows I've seen. Nothing about it really interested me. The characters didn't interest me, the action didn't interest me, and I thought the animation looked rather dated, even for 1998. I found it all to be rather unmemorable, and while I liked the idea of a "even if it hurts me horribly, I'll never kill a human being!" protagonist, I think it could've been executed better, comparing it to say, Rurouni Kenshin.

And you somehow found the characters in Clannad to be interesting?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 1, 2014 12:33 AM

Jan 2014
Oh yeah, Clannad ... man Clannad .. I've been fighting with that one for years ... finally made it to Ep. 5 ...
Mar 1, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
Shylp said:
Oh yeah, Clannad ... man Clannad .. I've been fighting with that one for years ... finally made it to Ep. 5 ...

Retreat while you still have a chance..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 1, 2014 12:42 AM

May 2013
Shylp said:

Lol, i'm at episode 9 and it's still hard to watch -_-

How Clanned got a rating of 8.53 is beyond me.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 1, 2014 12:45 AM

Jan 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Shylp said:

Lol, i'm at episode 9 and it's still hard to watch -_-

How Clanned got a rating of 8.53 is beyond me.

Because giving moeshit a low rating is too mainstream..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 12:47 AM
Oct 2010
I wanted to say lain and tex but those aren't good. So I'll say railgun? I can see the appeal to some extent, it's just a pretty asinine show to me.
Mar 1, 2014 1:00 AM

Aug 2012
Tokyo Magnitude for me. The twist was well executed and brought the feels, I just thought it was a cheap and really unnecessary way to do so.

Also 5cm, I acknowledge it's well grounded and relatable message, it just didn't do anything for me like other Shinkai works.
Mar 1, 2014 5:45 AM
Oct 2013
Attack On Titan.

I just want to fricken know what's in the basement. I hope Season 2 makes me like it a lot again like I used to in the first 13ish episodes.
Mar 1, 2014 5:53 AM
Jan 2014
Clannad, I can't get past the first 13 minutes of the 1st ep. Also NGE, I don't like the main character, I've got it on hold after watching 5 ep.. Will probably return to watch after finishing a few more anime.
Mar 1, 2014 5:59 AM

Jun 2012
If we're going by "majority thinks it legit" then Clannad and Madoka for sure. I can see how people like Clannad but -holy shit-
Mar 1, 2014 6:05 AM

Feb 2014
melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

Mar 1, 2014 6:21 AM
Dec 2013
Elfen Lied
Mar 1, 2014 6:30 AM
Jan 2014
Guilty Crown dropped it at episode 8.
DearS didn't like the style (not sure how good it actually was)
Mar 1, 2014 6:31 AM

Jul 2012
Splash3600 said:
Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied is good?
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 1, 2014 6:42 AM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:
Splash3600 said:
Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied is good?
But Nyu is so kawaii and we occasionally get to see her breasts
Mar 1, 2014 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
I'd say Clannad cause the mother or sister -i don't really remember- who can't see her daughter is super legit.
Mar 1, 2014 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
Fumetsui said:
I'd say Clannad cause the mother or sister -i don't really remember- who can't see her daughter is super legit.

You should probably finish the full arc
Mar 1, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
Houndthree said:
Splash3600 said:
Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied is good?

No.
Mar 1, 2014 12:00 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
i didn't like bakemonogatari, but i started watching Monogatari series 2nd season yesterday and it's amazing
Mar 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
yhfxirai said:
i didn't like bakemonogatari, but i started watching Monogatari series 2nd season yesterday and it's amazing
You should probably stop and watch Nisemonogatari and Neko:Kuro, 2nd Season is a bit of a misdirection if you don't do your research.
Mar 1, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
Whilst I personally thought it was terrible, Clannad. I only say this because both seasons have a ridiculously high rating. Even when I try to view them objectively, I can't see the appeal. What does this series have that another series doesn't do better?
Mar 1, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
Mawaru Penguin Drum
Mar 1, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
skuka said:
Whilst I personally thought it was terrible, Clannad. I only say this because both seasons have a ridiculously high rating. Even when I try to view them objectively, I can't see the appeal. What does this series have that another series doesn't do better?

The bug eyes
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 12:23 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
yhfxirai said:
You should probably stop and watch Nisemonogatari and Neko:Kuro, 2nd Season is a bit of a misdirection if you don't do your research.

yes i've already watched Kuro before starting on 2nd season, i just forgot to mention it, sorry!
Mar 1, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
^Ohh okay. Nise is necessary as well if ya haven't watched it, 2nd Season is a direct sequel to it.
Mar 1, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
Death Note, I can't find any serious flaw in this series, yet I don't like it.
Mar 1, 2014 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
skyzblue said:
skuka said:

The bug eyes

Clan ad also has a fully autistic harem. Pretty unique.
Mar 1, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2011
skuka said:

The thing about Clannad is that if you aren't attached to any of the characters in any way, then the series won't impact you at all or barely. Especially in the Afterstory portion of the series.

Mar 1, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
SolBlade said:
skuka said:

The thing about Clannad is that if you aren't attached to any of the characters in any way, then the series won't impact you at all or barely. Especially in the Afterstory portion of the series.

The attachment factor holds for any drama if not all anime. I don't think its really a valid way to look at it.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 1, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2011
skyzblue said:
SolBlade said:
skuka said:

The attachment factor holds for any drama if not all anime. I don't think its really a valid way to look at it.

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing that out as a reason why you might not like Clannad, though as you said, it applies to just about every character-centric anime/story out there.

Mar 1, 2014 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
Steins;Gate - I think it's quite good, I mean, I understand why it's rated really high but I didn't get attached to any of the characters and found it a little boring.

I didn't like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya that much either.
removed-userOct 8, 2014 6:54 AM
Mar 1, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
Thraheg said:
Steins;Gate - objectively I think it's quite good and I understand why it's rated really high but I didn't get attached to any of the characters and found it a little boring.

I didn't like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya that much either.

I agree with both of these. I didn't hate steins;gate, but did really like it that much either.

I did hate haruhi and I also think that it's bad
Mar 1, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2011
Mahou SHoujo Madoka Magika apparently. Tried watching the movies and was bored out my mind, although with it being essentially a recap of the original series I might just find it incredibly boring once I know all the plot twists. That's probably true, because let's be honest, the characters aren't that great,
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Today

18 by DX_impulse »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you marry your favorite character if your government allowed this?

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

13 by KittenCuddler »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

19 by OmegaMilo »»
36 minutes ago

» Has there been an anime fanbase that hyped up their anime so much that you were turned off from watching it?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

26 by Merve2Love »»
39 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 4 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

166 by FFandMMfan »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.