Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
ScipioXII said:
Darklight0303 said:
Any anime defenders left now? Oh god the trainwreck just gets worse and worse

You butt hurt viewers are so annoying.

Tatsumi dying was great. It was emotional and seeing a main character die creates a big impact...that's the point.

You kids act like you're critics from rottentomatoes.

This. The butt hurt peeps and give me a great laugh.
Dec 7, 2014 8:03 PM

Jun 2014
I've defended the anime for a while now but i have to say the manga is way better. the anime is good in it's own right as a more origional show but not as a manga adaptation.
Dec 7, 2014 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
ChillKun said:
I've defended the anime for a while now but i have to say the manga is way better. the anime is good in it's own right as a more origional show but not as a manga adaptation.

Agreed, the manga is much better tbh, but the anime is also pretty dang good in its own intrinsic right.
Dec 7, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't really care for this episode, I just want to see the badass Akame fight Esdeath
Dec 7, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2011
HD super rush, woot!! Seriously, the animation was wicked. XD

Screw plot though. They crammed a whole arc into a single episode right there!

And Tatsumi's not the last to die? His scene was animated beautifully though, gotta say. XD
MirorinDec 7, 2014 8:29 PM
Dec 7, 2014 8:25 PM

Jun 2014
THey should've killed that annoying Prime Minister first instead
Dec 7, 2014 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
When the emperor's imperial arms showed up I immediately thought of Zero from Code Geass.

"Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... DIE!"

- Emperor Makaoto 2014
Dec 7, 2014 8:50 PM

Oct 2011
They should have waited for the manga if they can't come up with an original ending.
Dec 7, 2014 8:50 PM
Apr 2014
What the actual hell did I just watch?
This was the single worst episode I have ever seen.
Mors ex machina ffs.
Omg this anime has become a giant cancer.
Kill it with fire.
Lol.
LOL.
WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL DID I JUST WATCH?
This was plain bad.This director should go work in the mc donalds industry.
Dec 7, 2014 8:54 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was like watching G Gundam, Power Rangers and Big O all in one sitting.
Dec 7, 2014 8:55 PM
Apr 2014
LeFlower-kun said:
ChillKun said:

Agreed, the manga is much better tbh, but the anime is also pretty dang good in its own intrinsic right.

Are we really talking about the same anime here?
You know,the one with the transformers,the completely random power ups,the unexplained deaths and the oblivious civilians who walk around happily while the town is under siege from 200 revolutionaries(lol,I guess no one tried to stop them from one hitting the gates cause they werent detected) and the gigantic trasformer/emperor?
I cant understand why anyone would like it since it stopped following the manga.
It just dropped unbelievably in quallity.
Dec 7, 2014 9:01 PM

Apr 2014
raist92 said:
They should have waited for the manga if they can't come up with an original ending.
why to have a cliff hanger season 1 with no chance of a season 2?

cmon man even the manga is losing its juicyness to it the orginal ending is doing it so much justice rn
Dec 7, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
I don't know what to say...
I put this anime on hold for awhiile so I could watch it all at once, then I find out they deviated this much from the source?

......huh?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Dec 7, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2014
ChillKun said:

I think I can agree with this.

I know a lot of people try to judge the anime from episode 18 onward, but before that it was great. I wouldn't say this anime is complete shit, it's still fun to watch. I'd say it's still good even after all the original content, but it's nowhere near the greatness of the manga.

Also does anyone know how the anime/manga is doing in Japan sales wise/rantings? Last I heard that it was doing good, but that was a while ago.

EDIT:

Just checked Wikipedia and saw that as of Nov. 1st the manga has sold 2,100,000 copies in total. That's pretty good! So this series definitely has a good following.... I wonder if the anime will ever get a Hellsing Ultimate treatment where they make 1 hour OVAs every now and then. That way, they wouldn't have have to filter out any mature content.

*sigh* A man can dream right?
LoomyTheBrewDec 7, 2014 9:16 PM
Dec 7, 2014 9:08 PM

Mar 2013
I think he is not dead.
Only me?
Dec 7, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2014
You guys still crying? Good, good.

To the people who don't have an inflated ego, thinking themselves the Simon Cowel's of anime, here's something i noticed.

Run is not impressed with Leone's trained behind. That episode actually gave some weird vibes about those two.

ChillKun said:
the anime is good in it's own right as a more origional show but not as a manga adaptation.

Very true.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 7, 2014 9:15 PM

Oct 2013
WTF!! This story is such a bullshit..
The main problem is the evil minister
and just when he's out in the open without any protection
He's ignored!

They prefer to fight head to head against the giant mecha
Just how freaking stupid is that?
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 7, 2014 9:27 PM
Feb 2013
WHADDAFUCK MEEEEENNNMNN
. IT WENT TOOOOOOOOOOO FAST!. SHIIIIIITTTTTTYYYYYY ANIMATOR .......AND THAT SAINT SEIYA ARMOR DESIGN WAS A FAILED......LAZY ANIMATOR..............
Dec 7, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
Well well WELL now...

Just when you thought the show couldn't get any worse, White Fox pulls another fucking gem out of Studio Pierrot's playbook.

Holy shit, this was just bad on a whole new level.

I don't know what looked worse, the megazord teigu, or Tatsumi's gay ass Incursio transformation. Those wings looked too stupid for words.

Only good thing about this episode were the Jaegers and Night Raid teaming up...sort of. The scene with Braht talking to Tatsumi was kind of badass though.

RIP Tatsumi. Why they killed off the main character? Who knows. They're probably fucking this up for laughs at this point.

Next week:
Obviously we see Akame get an asspull ability. And now we know that she is going to kill Esdese. It doesn't matter that she's the empire's strongest, and could literally go solo against every member of Night Raid at the same time (as proven in the manga) without even getting a scratch...but she's still SOMEHOW going to end up killing her. It'll probably be an even bigger BS asspull than Mein beating Budo.

Judging from the fact that White Fox is killing everyone now at this point, there's probably a good chance that Akame will die at the end of the fight too. Then they'll make some sappy scene where she is joining up with everyone and her sister in the next life.

Also, do they plan on killing the goddamn prime minister next episode? That shit took a back seat to the power rangers fight.
Dec 7, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2010
1 episode left until this shitty anime is finally over.
Dec 7, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2012
Yaay akame vs ice bitch next ep ......
Dec 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
BillyMaloney said:
Z4k said:

Maybe because they've read the manga for years and expect a good adaption?

After 22 episodes prior to this one, most people would have been able to determine whether they're going to get a good adaptation or not. You're missing my point, if you don't like something then don't watch it.

You're argument is invalid seeing as how it was adapted perfectly for 18 and a half episodes. For 3/4 of the anime people were getting a good adaptation. Now people are mad because it's no longer an adaptation. Nobody wants to drop a show after investing so much time into it. So we will all ride the shit train till the end of the line.
Dec 7, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
10th_man_down said:

Don't like it don't watch it! -_-
Dec 7, 2014 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
I actually liked this and am so sick of the people hating on this, geez.
And the people that like the anime keep getting bashed for it by them.
Good episode! Liked how all the dead ones showed when Tatsumi dealt the final blow!
I hope they do a remake so we can relive all the wonderful characters! And to get the haters to shut the hell up!
Dec 7, 2014 9:53 PM
Dec 2014
bastek66 said:
This is so bad

we need akame ga kill brotherhood of course
Dec 7, 2014 10:00 PM
Apr 2014
Shadowsnake777 said:
10th_man_down said:

Don't like it don't watch it! -_-

Too late for that.
Dec 7, 2014 10:07 PM

Jul 2011
I liked this episode. It's been a pretty good run and I can't wait for the last episode.
Dec 7, 2014 10:09 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty sure everyone bitching about this wouldn't be if they hadn't read the manga, because I found Tatsumi's sudden death both well executed and shocking. Out of all characters I expected to NOT be killed off, Tatsumi was perhaps the only one.

Akame vs Esdeath showdown as the finale? I couldn't be happier about that.

The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that the giant ass pseudo-mecha didn't do shit except fire off the Light of Judgment a few times. That was very anti-climactic.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 7, 2014 10:19 PM
Oct 2013
This episode is directed Michael Bay.
Dec 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Oct 2013
i wonder if im the only one who doesnt really bother regarding the death of Tatsumi lol. atleast it was badass.

I personally love this anime because they dont bullshit about the death. if you are to fight the whole empire, then sacrifices and death is imminent. Getting tired of anime where the main chars or sub chars still lives although they received a fatal wound

cant wait for the last eps. Akame ga Kill o.o
Hinasaki_KDec 7, 2014 10:29 PM
Dec 7, 2014 10:24 PM

May 2013
Tokoya said:
Darklight0303 said:
Any anime defenders left now? Oh god the trainwreck just gets worse and worse
The anime let the true MC live so I don't give a shit

Doubt it. That trump card she pulled is probably a suicide one. I'm thinking the only character to survive will be Ran. Simply because mangaka killed him off. JK. He'll die, too.

Esdeath gonna take out everyone but Akame, Akame's gonna kill her then die from her curse, and Najenda will go out showing us a lame-ass Imperial Arms that nobody even cares about anymore.
Dec 7, 2014 10:32 PM

Jan 2014
This was seriously ridiculous. The preview for
the last episode looks promising, though ^_^
Dec 7, 2014 10:34 PM
Jun 2014
Not gonna lie,
Although I'm not so happy that the anime is completely different from the manga
This was actually an enjoyable episode and I really like it unlike the previous eps.
The art and fighting scenes were overall great.
And it's interesting to see this adaptation...

R.I.P Tastumi <3 You played your role greatly.

For once, I'm actually excited for the next and final episode.
Dec 7, 2014 10:44 PM
May 2014
At my point of view, as this anime isn't longer an adaptation i think it was very obvious that at the final of the story the plot had to be changed, but in the first part of the episode i noticed that dialog quality went down as well as character's development.

or, am i the only one who thinks like this? D:
Dec 7, 2014 10:55 PM
May 2014
Maic00l said:
At my point of view, as this anime isn't longer an adaptation i think it was very obvious that at the final of the story the plot had to be changed, but in the first part of the episode i noticed that dialog quality went down as well as character's development.

or, am i the only one who thinks like this? D:

I agree with your idea. So this means that esdeath may live. :)
Dec 7, 2014 11:07 PM
Jul 2011
dunsparcedude said:
so this is what spiral power feels like

Haha.

In terms of just being full nutty like I expected and want this series to be after Lubbock died and all the questionable stuff that followed, it was enjoyable. This episode probably had the best animation out of any of them so far. Looking at the preview it seems to have to gone back to normal quality of previous episodes. Kind of nice to see the potential if this series had more money to throw around. Though that still doesn't excuse everything else going on that was kind of head scratching.

They summed up Ran's whole story in a few sentences and a brief scene. His deal in the anime seems to be wrapped up and even some weird Ran x Leone seed has been planted. Not that I mind that part, good to see he (may) have happier ending than his manga counterpart.

Wave has one more episode to not come off as not so underwhelming which will be disappointing since his manga version was so great through and through. Outside of saving Tatsumi in typical fashion he just gets tossed around through out the whole fight.

Esdeath was just kind off on the sidelines and was cool with everything being blown up by Megazord Teigu? Even Tatsumi? Oooook. Whatever.

Megazord Teigu was more clunky in movement than I imagined him to be from previous episode preview, basically just spammed beams for most of the fight. If Wave was more useful maybe Tatsumi wouldn't have had to die.

Tatsumi armor evolved as expected but...eh? Expected to look more amazing. "Golden Batman" indeed.

Dat Bulat flashback, similiar scene from the 1st OP too so things was planned to head this way for a long time in the anime it seems.

Tatsumi promised not to die too many times, broke the limit and death flag was set.

Akame vs. Esdeath in the final, most saw that coming. She has the right weapon for the job after all. Just needs a way to actually hit Esdeath but that's what her upcoming trump card is for. Will be interesting to see what it actually do.

Leone might actually be the only one to actually survive for lulz factor. She'll be the one to past down the story of the Night Raid to the rest of the Revolution Army or whatever. Seriously though for a series people are dropping left and right she is mighty good at dodging death. Leone fans may end up with the last laugh in the end. She got one more episode to dodge death.
Gen2K_Dec 7, 2014 11:13 PM
Dec 7, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2008
Even though this isn't following the manga any more it's still bad ass. Looks like Akame goes full bad ass next week.
Dec 7, 2014 11:25 PM

Jun 2014
Seems like they went full retard and let Tatsumi die.

The fight was really epic tho, Tatsumi and Wave make a great combo.
Akame letting out that emotional yell again "YOU PROMISED ME"

Mhhhh Im wondering what the last episode is gonna be like and whats next for this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 11:41 PM
Jan 2014
Despite the story....umm "complications" the art I feel was actually pretty awesome this episode.
Dec 7, 2014 11:43 PM

Aug 2012
LMAO am i the only person that felt like this episode was super 90's? tatsumi went full on g gundam with his golden form hahaha. Not only did this anime not follow the manga (which i don't even read) but they didn't even try to cover their tracks and just abandoned the concept of pacing and just sprung an assassination mission on the biggest villian next to esdeath at the drop of a hat. I just wanna know who tf thought that a giant robot was a good idea.

The worst part about this is that out of all the episodes to spend money on and make the animation and character designs half way decent they had to pick this one!! literally every other episode is the most bland boring painfully average thing to look at but they make what is easily the worst episode look pretty just to cover up how terrible everything else is.

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
LeFlower-kun said:
Not bad actually, quite a good episode, anyways 5/5 as usual.

Can't wait for next, damn...one episode left...will miss the show.

You will never know the epic armor Tatsumi could have gotten if they followed the manga

well
no matter how much you complain
we can't stop the original ending

just suck it

Jan 2014
Fully regretting all the time i wasted and all the high hopes i had for this show . Really?? You're just gonna kill the MC like that ? what the hell man . And to think i actually liked a male lead for a change .
[/url]
Dec 7, 2014 11:45 PM

Apr 2014
bloodiemonster said:
Akame ga killis the game of thrones of anime holy shit
Well i don't think Tatsumi is dead but he might be>.>
Crazy fucking episode
Holy shit next episode looks fucking amazing with akame's new look O_O

Stop comparing this with GoT. Its like comparing shit with gold.
Dec 7, 2014 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
Zadion said:
Pretty sure everyone bitching about this wouldn't be if they hadn't read the manga, because I found Tatsumi's sudden death both well executed and shocking. Out of all characters I expected to NOT be killed off, Tatsumi was perhaps the only one.

Akame vs Esdeath showdown as the finale? I couldn't be happier about that.

The only thing I didn't really like was the fact that the giant ass pseudo-mecha didn't do shit except fire off the Light of Judgment a few times. That was very anti-climactic.

I didn't read the manga at all...still thought the episode was really bad and out of place. tatsumi's death means almost nothing to me since every week they kill off another person so I prepare for their demise before I have time to care about their well being.
Dec 7, 2014 11:48 PM
Oct 2014
Oh man this megazord is gonna make so much epic mockery in my fanfic. I won't say a bad word about this anime original episodes again, they provide valuable material!
Dec 7, 2014 11:52 PM

Oct 2013
As an anime only viewer, the episode was fantastic and the whole anime too.
Can't wait for the final episode. Esdeath vs Akame this is going to be freaking EPIC!
NapokDec 7, 2014 11:56 PM
Dec 7, 2014 11:58 PM
Dec 8, 2014 12:02 AM

Aug 2012
Blind_Guardian said:
So much butthurt hate in this thread, lol. That was an amazing episode, and I didn't think they'd actually kill off Tatsumi in anything except the final episode. Now his girlfriends get to fight over his corpse I guess.

I'm so glad I'm not reading the manga, I get to enjoy the adaptation while the fanboys are bawling their eyes out that their favorite panel got changed. Anime changes shit, get over it already.

5/5, I can't wait to see the conclusion, which will probably result in both girls being ran through and then a meteor hitting the capitol city to finish killing LITERALLY EVERY CHARACTER ON THE PLANET.

lol is this not supposed to be a discussion of the episode or are we just supposed to circle jerk the same opinions to one another in fear of being labeled " butthurt". you're basically saying "im so glad i don't read the manga so that im not aware of a higher quality version of the same story so that i can enjoy this mediocre version and pretend it's the best option". I don't even read the manga and this episode is so obviously an anime original episode that it hurts my feelings that someone thought that they could pass this off as belonging in the actual narrative.
Dec 8, 2014 12:06 AM
Dec 2014
WHAT?? Tatsumi died ... This anime is totally a tragedy ....Dammit i guess at last all night raid will be die
Dec 8, 2014 12:12 AM
Oct 2014
You guys actually think Tatsumi died ?Wait and see
Pages (20) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1214 by 2kK »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.