Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
I'm going to come up with a compromise for the bath scene.

I am of the opinion that the Illya scene made with the intention of some fanservice in mind. Face it. It was not necessary at all. They could've made use of another scene. It did not have to be a bath. It could have been an inferior scene, but at least it wouldn't be fanservice. Assuming that fanservice is suppose to be a bad thing. Fanservice itself is incredibly subjective. It's not like everyone has to enjoy lolicon, so its only natural for people to complain.

But it did not feel out of place. Felt normal to me. Plus I likes its very much. Much more so than Rin shaking her butt at least. But no one is complaining about that. I guess that's a difference between clothed and nude. Plus age. But regardless, the Rin scene felt even less necessary. But I liked it.

Darkmoq said:
So far things have basically been a word for word repeat of the old fate stay night...albeit with much better animation and fight scenes. Has Ufotable mentioned changing anything or adding anything substantive that's not in the old fate/stay night or UBW movie?

You haven't watched anything at all.

EDIT: Acidentally replied without finishing, FYI.
HalfMetalPriestNov 1, 2014 11:43 PM
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 1, 2014 11:40 PM
Apr 2013
What's the big deal with the bath scene? It's common comparing with pre 1990's anime. No one bats an eye with violence but loses their minds when mild nudity is shown. Man, people are fucked up nowadays. LOL
Nov 1, 2014 11:43 PM

May 2014
broandgar said:
What's the big deal with the bath scene? It's common comparing with pre 1990's anime. No one bats an eye with violence but loses their minds when mild nudity is shown. Man, people just want to complain nowadays. LOL

Fix'd

Nobody complains this much about a bath scene that tame, unless they were just looking for something to bag.
Nov 1, 2014 11:51 PM

Oct 2013
Shocked said:
We got the flab line. Holy crap we got the flab line. I didn't see that coming.

This week's episode passed by really fast. It was uneventful, but pleasant. Once again, an enjoyable episode with no complaints from here. Not really much else to say as far as content, but I'm liking how in even the breather/setup episodes, the art is still consistently crisp.

Throughout these few episodes, I keep thinking that I accidentally walked into a Kara no Kyoukai movie, butthinking about it, that lends to some strange implications. On one hand, it makes sense that it looks like Kara no Kyoukai, as it's both by the same studio and takes place in the same universe. Although, it does leave a bit to be desired as far as something that could surpass the movies. On the other hand, it looks like it was made on a movie-level budget, which renders everything moot. Point still stands: everything still looks so damn great.

Same universe? wut.
Nov 1, 2014 11:51 PM
Apr 2013
WrongPriest said:
broandgar said:
What's the big deal with the bath scene? It's common comparing with pre 1990's anime. No one bats an eye with violence but loses their minds when mild nudity is shown. Man, people just want to complain nowadays. LOL

Fix'd

Nobody complains this much about a bath scene that tame, unless they were just looking for something to bag.

True that, anyway that Ayako/Shirou scene made me happy a little bit. It's like a reunion between Shiki and Enjou to me.
Nov 1, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
HueBrDeus said:
Shocked said:

This week's episode passed by really fast. It was uneventful, but pleasant. Once again, an enjoyable episode with no complaints from here. Not really much else to say as far as content, but I'm liking how in even the breather/setup episodes, the art is still consistently crisp.

Throughout these few episodes, I keep thinking that I accidentally walked into a Kara no Kyoukai movie, butthinking about it, that lends to some strange implications. On one hand, it makes sense that it looks like Kara no Kyoukai, as it's both by the same studio and takes place in the same universe. Although, it does leave a bit to be desired as far as something that could surpass the movies. On the other hand, it looks like it was made on a movie-level budget, which renders everything moot. Point still stands: everything still looks so damn great.

Same universe? wut.

The TYPE-MOON verse, bro.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 1, 2014 11:54 PM

May 2014
HueBrDeus said:
Shocked said:

Same universe? wut.
Alternate timelines, same universe. Some characters can even travel between them.

A certain character from knk may even appear near the end of FSN.
Nov 1, 2014 11:57 PM

Aug 2014
HueBrDeus said:

Same universe? wut.

Possibly same universe, definitely same multiverse. Tsukihime as well.

Is it just me or is Shirou picking up all the Seiba points?
And Kuzuki's new voice actor irks me. Doesn't fit after hearing the other guy for so long. :I
Nov 1, 2014 11:57 PM
Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/527827741467361282

ufotable情報:本日もうちの若い絵描きさんの落書きを1点紹介。
今日は、『バイクにまたがる凛』の様。
タッチもいいし、息遣いもいい。
今後楽しみです。

"Rin spanning bike"
WOW, DAT Rin!
gantyNov 2, 2014 12:05 AM
Nov 1, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
Darkmoq said:
So far things have basically been a word for word repeat of the old fate stay night...albeit with much better animation and fight scenes.

Yeah, because I remember Archer definitely being in the fight against Berserker in the old show, and I remember Shirou being instantly whacked by Berserker's sword in this show.
Has Ufotable mentioned changing anything or adding anything substantive that's not in the old fate/stay night or UBW movie?

They'll be adding in a mysterious device called characterization and fleshing out of characters and events.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 2, 2014 12:07 AM

Jul 2013
JabonHR said:
Darkmoq said:
So far things have basically been a word for word repeat of the old fate stay night...albeit with much better animation and fight scenes.

Yeah, because I remember Archer definitely being in the fight against Berserker in the old show, and I remember Shirou being instantly whacked by Berserker's sword in this show.
Has Ufotable mentioned changing anything or adding anything substantive that's not in the old fate/stay night or UBW movie?

They'll be adding in a mysterious device called characterization and fleshing out of characters and events.

I love you so much. No Homo.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Nov 2, 2014 12:16 AM

May 2013
Aww, I really want to see more Saber eating but that Ilya fanservice was quite cute but shame that she doesn't know what really happened...

Mod Edit: No Spoilers
TyrelNov 2, 2014 12:29 AM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 2, 2014 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
HalfMetalPriest said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwN0gcfrSxs
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 2, 2014 12:17 AM

Nov 2012
That was an okay episode, it was adapted really well, but even this part in the visual novel was just slow and kinda meh to me to begin with. I like how the anime keeps adding additional scenes that weren't in the visual novel, like Illya talking to her maid and then Rin fighting those bone creatures that was cool.

It felt like Taiga and Sakura gave in to Saber living with Shirou way quicker than in the VN xD

Looks like its back to business next episode..
Nov 2, 2014 12:19 AM

Apr 2014
They didn't explain how Shirou got injured. I thought that was supposed to be explained but I guess I was wrong. I don't know but I find it kind of stupid how Rin didn't say anything to Archer about that huge explosion that could have killed both her and Shirou. I expected her to flip out at him. Rest of the episode was fine. The art and animation was top notch as usual.

4/5
Nov 2, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
Overall, I didn't quite enjoy this episode as much as the last one, but I enjoyed it more than I expected to.

JabonHR said:
HalfMetalPriest said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwN0gcfrSxs

Gold.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Nov 2, 2014 12:52 AM

Sep 2014
I thought it was a good episode and it makes you wonder could Rin really kill Shirou.
Nov 2, 2014 1:12 AM

Dec 2007
Darkmoq said:
So far things have basically been a word for word repeat of the old fate stay night...albeit with much better animation and fight scenes. Has Ufotable mentioned changing anything or adding anything substantive that's not in the old fate/stay night or UBW movie?

There have been many differences from both. Most notably the Illya vs. Rin fight was completely new. Also episode 00 was done completely different from either earlier series, and the detailed introduction of their school-mates.

I'd also safely assume that there has been more dialogue so far than almost the entire first half of FSN 2006 (might be a slight exaggeration lol)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2014 1:22 AM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
They didn't explain how Shirou got injured. I thought that was supposed to be explained but I guess I was wrong. I don't know but I find it kind of stupid how Rin didn't say anything to Archer about that huge explosion that could have killed both her and Shirou. I expected her to flip out at him. Rest of the episode was fine. The art and animation was top notch as usual.

4/5

They showed it. Shirou was left with a large wound in the back, obviously caused by a shrapnel. However, it quickly healed.
Nov 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2009
The nostalgia doesnt let me like Kuzuki's new voice.

That old, indifferent way of speaking that all of us new and loved in the VN,DEENnight, UBWmovie and of course Carnival Phantasm, will be really missed.
Nov 2, 2014 1:34 AM

Sep 2011
Saber y u so awsome!! Too bad this is ubw route saber>rin nuff said.
Nov 2, 2014 1:40 AM

Sep 2013
Darkmoq said:
You must be seriously blind or deaf if you really think it's word for word the same old FSN just with better animation.
Nov 2, 2014 1:40 AM

Jun 2011
FakePriest said:

Nostalgia does not have have much to do with that, though. The old VA was probably the most emotionless, coldblooded, 'murderer-like' voice I've ever heard and fit completely to his personality. The new one more temperamental and warm colored (only in comparison), even if it great fit otherwise.
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
Nov 2, 2014 1:50 AM

May 2014
LIFE_TO_PRIEST said:
FakePriest said:

Nostalgia does not have have much to do with that, though. The old VA was probably the most emotionless, coldblooded, 'murderer-like' voice I've ever heard and fit completely to his personality. The new one more temperamental and warm colored (only in comparison), even if it great fit otherwise.
I actually liked the sound of his voice, not that there was anything wrong with his old one. Maybe that was his teacher voice? It sounded very warm.
Nov 2, 2014 1:51 AM

Aug 2014
Why exactly isn't he in this again?
Nov 2, 2014 1:53 AM

May 2014
Probably in Jail for whispering into his lovers ear during lovemaking.

She was killed instantly... The next day.
Nov 2, 2014 1:05 AM

Jun 2011
Now that is what I call 'guilty laughing', hah
Nov 2, 2014 1:13 AM

Aug 2014
That was actually really good, apart from the cgi but what can you do.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Nov 2, 2014 1:20 AM

Sep 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
Health issues. He's taking a break.
Nov 2, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
Three major differences from the FSN route that I can count in this episode, including the chance to see Rin in bad-ass mage mode taking care of the bone beasts and rescuing the office workers. More Rin is always a good thing...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 2, 2014 1:28 AM

Sep 2013
So uh...... did Saber and Shirou bed?
Nov 2, 2014 1:29 AM

Sep 2013
th3pwnsh0p said:
No.
Nov 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Jun 2011
th3pwnsh0p said:

You are in wrong route.
Nov 2, 2014 1:48 AM

Aug 2014
CorePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:
Health issues. He's taking a break.

Ah, I see, a shame.

LIFE_TO_PRIEST said:
th3pwnsh0p said:

You are in wrong route.

Well....unless they go for a certain end.
Which they probably won't.
Nov 2, 2014 1:59 AM

Jun 2011
InsertPriestHere said:

This thought is more disturbing than unrejoiced priest.
Nov 2, 2014 2:18 AM

Aug 2014
LIFE_TO_PRIEST said:
InsertPriestHere said:

The shitstorm will be funny as hell, though.
Nov 2, 2014 2:44 AM

Dec 2011
Naked Illya is naked :3

LOL, emotional flab... so she's fat eh...

So Shirou rarely has fun and smiles hmm.

It looks like Rin has been quite busy to be honest.

Great episode overall.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 2, 2014 2:46 AM

Jul 2007
There's no way ufotable is stupid enough to go for "Good End" and not the "True End". Good End is terribly unfitting ine very single way.

RinPriest said:
>Come back to discussion thread

>See people arguing about a 3 minute scene for almost the entire thread

>Walk out.

This.

The episode was full of far more interesting things...and people are discussing fanservice that is not even fanservice -_-

Typical MAL

Reminds me of how Shin Sekai Yori discussions turned into homophobic arguments for 10+ pages.
Nov 2, 2014 3:03 AM

Jun 2011
InsertPriestHere said:
LIFE_TO_PRIEST said:

You should change your username to PriestSadist (amazing rhyme btw, lol). You got your first victim already.
Nov 2, 2014 3:05 AM

Aug 2014
LIFE_TO_PRIEST said:
InsertPriestHere said:

You should change your username to PriestSadist (amazing rhyme btw, lol). You got your first victim already.

What kind of priest of the Kotomine Church would I be if I didn't derive my pleasure YUETSU from the suffering of others?
Nov 2, 2014 3:10 AM

Apr 2014
Rinth said:
Z4k said:

4/5

They showed it. Shirou was left with a large wound in the back, obviously caused by a shrapnel. However, it quickly healed.

Yeah and why was Rin so surprisingly calm about that when it was clearly Archer's fault?
Nov 2, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2012
Rinth said:

What shrapnel? I did not see any shrapnel on episode 3.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 3:38 AM

May 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Rinth said:

You don't see it hit him, he has his back turned the entire time.

But if you look at the wounds it's literally the only thing it could've been.
Nov 2, 2014 3:46 AM

Dec 2012
WrongPriest said:

I see, but it was weird that they deliberately did not show his back the entire time.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 3:50 AM

May 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
WrongPriest said:

I see, but it was weird that they deliberately did not show his back the entire time.

2 Spooky 4 Me
Nov 2, 2014 3:53 AM

Sep 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
WrongPriest said:

Might have been cut due to the 30 minutes timespot they got. The episode might have more footage when they release the BDs.
Nov 2, 2014 3:57 AM

May 2014
Z4k said:
Rinth said:

Yeah and why was Rin so surprisingly calm about that when it was clearly Archer's fault?
This is actually a good point, but I guess we can't say she didn't chew Archer out about it considering we're seeing Shirou's perspective. Rin was kind of Irate when Ginger boy woke up as well.

Edit* I Remember Archer getting chewed out by Rin in the VN but I think that's another scene. Can't remember if it happens twice.

Oh and Archer tells Rin to get clear of the blast, the only tools in danger are Saber, Shirou and Berserker.
WrongPriestNov 2, 2014 4:04 AM
Nov 2, 2014 3:58 AM

Dec 2012
WrongPriest said:
2 Spooky 4 Me

Too spooky for you? You easily get spooked by a mere wound?

CorePriest said:
Might have been cut due to the 30 minutes timespot they got. The episode might have more footage when they release the BDs.

We will see.
I like anime.
Nov 2, 2014 4:06 AM

Aug 2014
^lurn2sarcasm
Nov 2, 2014 4:08 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

You don't see it hit him, he has his back turned the entire time.

Seriously I don't see what the fuck is with fixation on showing how he got wounded - he was close to a freaking nuke exploding. Makes sense he would get wounded. Does every single thing needs to be spelled out nowadays?
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2752 by Hawks10 »»
Jun 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.