Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 1:23 AM
Nov 2020
wtf is that masterpiece
Jun 17, 1:30 AM
Mar 2024
They ain't gotta do ts on father's day
Jun 17, 1:41 AM

Apr 2023
Reply to MangagnaM
And in fitting fashion, bots are back to ruin the score of the most important ep of this season. Wonderful... what a shame that this happens constantly.

@MangagnaM Alas this is a fight we will never win, there will always be uncultured swine out there whose whole motive is to ruin the fun for others.

Jun 17, 1:48 AM
Jun 2017
Reply to Saku33
I honestly didn't like at all the fact that Rudeus considers Zenith a stranger he lived with instead of a mother, but the episode was incredible
@Saku33 It's possible Rudy simply doesn't understand his own feelings.

The memories of his mother is what drives him to get up after Eris leaves him. And the face he makes when he realizes Zenith's condition betrays his actual feelings, more than the rationalization he gave Paul earlier.

Rudy is not a reliable narrator. There have been several times where he has become extremely emotional over this family that he "barely knows," but he won't think like that in his own self talk.
Jun 17, 2:00 AM
Feb 2020
Happy Father’s Day Paul we appreciate your sacrifice
Jun 17, 2:22 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Embient
Btw why does Rudy still use incantations sometimes? Does it make it less mentally taxing to cast?
The animation during the fight is beautiful
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
Literally got goosebumps when they showed half of Paul's body laying like that
And that ending... Did Zenith really just lose all of her memories? Like, literally everything? Dear god T_T
Happy father's day everyone
@Embient he cant use heal magic voiceless because he cant imagine how mana is supposed to heal people

And i cant imagine how Norn will be broken after Paul's death
Jun 17, 2:37 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to Saku33
I honestly didn't like at all the fact that Rudeus considers Zenith a stranger he lived with instead of a mother, but the episode was incredible
@Saku33 He obviously likes Zenith but his connection with her isn't quite the same as someone like Paul. But hey, Rudy might also have not been honest with his feelinsg completely since at the very end, the way he felt goes quite beyond tragic for a random roommate feeling.
Jun 17, 2:39 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Embient
Btw why does Rudy still use incantations sometimes? Does it make it less mentally taxing to cast?
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
And that ending... Did Zenith really just lose all of her memories? Like, literally everything? Dear god T_T
@Embient rudy can't use healing magic without chanting, remember when sylphie teach him the healing magic?
Jun 17, 2:40 AM
Oct 2023
Some people maybe forgot the detail but rudy demon eye won't work if he didn't saw the full size of the target or if the target was too fast and can predict rudy movement like ruijerd, you can see his eyes work at the begining because rudy was far enough to see the full size of the hydra, why at that moment he wqs too close so he can't use his demon eyes, well he need to be close to burn the hydra head
Jun 17, 3:22 AM
Jul 2023
Trust man god or else💀
Jun 17, 3:23 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Best episode so far, with very epic fight, but....

First Paul lost his life and there is something very wrong with Zenith.

RIP Paul....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 17, 3:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Having read the novels I knew this was coming but it still hits so hard. Hate him or love him, Paul was an excellent, complex character, the likes of which rarely are seen in this medium.

They nailed the adaptation with the ending specially. The music background, no vocals...really well done.

Next episode will cause an uproar I bet.
FarabeufJun 17, 3:54 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 17, 3:49 AM
Jun 2017
what an episode we have on Fathers day... a very intense and sad episode...
Jun 17, 4:05 AM
Sep 2023
WOW!!!! NEVER FAILED
Jun 17, 4:48 AM
Dec 2021
Finally an episode with the level action i was waiting for!! 🔥🔥🔥
Jun 17, 4:51 AM
Mar 2019
The best episode so far is also the saddest. This is heartwrenching for Rudeus. Happy Father's Day, guys.
Jun 17, 5:02 AM
May 2024
For me, it lost a little of the essence of the anime, making this Hydra in 3D, although it wasn't grotesque, and you can watch the action scene and enjoy the subsequent scenes, in silence...
Jun 17, 5:02 AM
Jan 2017
didnt feel anything about the death
Jun 17, 5:19 AM

Jul 2013
I like how quick and abrupt that was. One moment they were doing fine, then he blinked and his arm's gone along with half of his father. No last word, no warning, nothing.

It felt "real" in a way. Sometimes, seconds is all it takes.
Jun 17, 5:33 AM

Aug 2014
wow so it's not happy ending ? :O

anyway.. so much screen time for boring episodes in first part of season and now the dungeon ended so fast.. and the fight wasn't so great or well animated..
Thyriad-oPPailovJun 17, 2:36 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 17, 5:54 AM

Jun 2016
not worthy zenith traded with paul soul + rudy's left hand LOL
Jun 17, 5:56 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to H8drian
Paul's gone... good riddance. But what about Rudy's left arm?!? Does he get it back? Please, someone spoil it for me! I can't wait another week.
@H8drian Ok, such spoilers will be hard to see in the wiki, so I will be kind to you and spoil you with some damage control lol.
Jun 17, 5:59 AM

Sep 2020
good animation. good soundtrack. very expensive episode. man god told his ass not to go rudeus done fcked up. zenith is retarded now??? oh hell nah
Jun 17, 6:23 AM

Feb 2014
What an episode! Really brutal, the kind that hot-stamped (like the hydra) in your head.
Jun 17, 6:31 AM
Aug 2016
this is everythingggg
Jun 17, 6:42 AM

Apr 2012
So Rudeus actually saved one parent at the cost of the other parent's life? And now his mother is in Casca mode? Yes, this season really jumps more and more into grimdark and dark fantasy without stopping. Also, are major studios choosing special dates for important episodes again?
Jun 17, 6:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Reply to Homura24
"I never considered him my father but he always considered me his son"

RIP Paul
he will be missed
This too on fathers day
they managed to save zenith but at what cost
looks like she isn't herself anymore
feel so bad for Rudy

Some LN Extra Details (Volume 12 Chapter 8-10 (partial))

- Elinalise lends mana imbued crystals to Roxy and Rudy incase they needed to recover their mana.
- Hydra is a type of dragon. It was varied by colors of white, gray and gold in Demon Continent, but they never saw a green type before.
- Roxy said it is a Manatite Hydra that absorbs mana. It was spotted during the second Great Human-Demon War. It was last heard to be slain before the continent split apart.
- They cremated Paul's body there to prevent it from being zombified even though Rudy was conflicted by it. He had hoped to bring some part of him back as a proof to his family, but none is left
- Paul only left 3 things, the metal breastplate that protected his torso, the magic sword and his favourite sword.
- A lot of thinking and reminiscing when Rudy was at the inn. He wonders what Paul is actually thinking seeing his final face in his death, and what is he actually trying to say beforehand (Maybe we will see that more in next episode)
- Rudy had hoped that he could celebrate and then grief together with Zenith once she woke up, but he was truly depressed to see her condition and knowing that he had lost both of them.

Differences from LN
- Part of chapter 10 is shortened after they saved Zenith
@Homura24 Reading this broke the fuck out of me even more....
Jun 17, 7:10 AM
Jan 2022
this left me speechless.
Jun 17, 7:22 AM
Nov 2022
why did it have to be Paul, I just knew it was coming. they didn't even let him have any last words🤬🤬🤬
Jun 17, 7:30 AM
Jul 2021
Embient said:
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO

I don't remember if it's been explained in the anime but Rudy can't cast healing magic without incantation...it has to do with him imagining what he wants to do with his mana and he can't get to imagine how to heal wound....casting doesn't require knowledge of the process so he does that
Jun 17, 7:37 AM
Jul 2022
Playcool said:
@H8drian Ok, such spoilers will be hard to see in the wiki, so I will be kind to you and spoil you with some damage control lol.

Wow, I see... Thank you!
Jun 17, 8:13 AM

Mar 2013
It would be really nice to have an elemental fire sword on hand, but there's none, or is there such a thing? lol

RIP Paul, literally.
Rudy was being careless as he smirked earlier.
What irony and tragedy. -1 + 1 = 0
So they burned his body instead of bringing it back.
Then her mother turned into a child-like state.
Rudy is in for another tragic life.

P.S. I'll refrain from reading the spoilers before my comment. OwO
CrazyButNot4UJun 17, 8:25 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 17, 8:20 AM
Apr 2016
In the end Paul died a proud father and that is all that matters. Thankfully he won’t ever know what happened to Zenith as I suspect it would have totally crushed his soul.

Rough, rough times for Rudy… He needs Sylphie in the worst way right now. Roxy’s here though…
Jun 17, 8:24 AM

Jun 2023
heartbreaking 💔😭
Jun 17, 8:34 AM
May 2014
I'm still processing...
Jun 17, 8:48 AM
May 2024
No more next Father's Days for Rudy T_T goddamn it I bawled so hard in the lsilent last 5 minutes of it
In loving memory of Paul Greyrat

(Gojo: Yah, I'll join you dude)
Jun 17, 9:03 AM
Aug 2020
Fuck this fuckin fuck why did Paul have to die after finally reaching to zenith Damn it man fuck the author dude
Jun 17, 9:21 AM

Dec 2019
@animegamer245 They botted the previous ep as well as this one on same day to make up for the lack of it while airing if you see the 1s on that one.
Jun 17, 9:51 AM
Sep 2011
craziest episode in the history of anime
Jun 17, 9:56 AM
Feb 2021
Once again, the anime delivers. However, small bits of world history are left out in the anime, bits that make the world richer. I get why, but it sucks that these things aren't there.
Jun 17, 10:05 AM
Apr 2019
The best episode of the season so far, one of the best of the series. So sad.
Jun 17, 10:33 AM

May 2022
The ending was hard to watch with both Paul and Zenith. Even though I would’ve preferred a happy ending, it’s nice to get a show with actual stakes.
Jun 17, 10:41 AM
Nov 2022
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really didn't expect Paul's death, it was like a bucket of cold water, I'm speechless......
Jun 17, 10:52 AM
May 2024
🥀RIP Paul🥀
He died on Father's Day. Even though you are a bit of a loser you are still the best father. I will miss you Paul...🍃
Jun 17, 10:58 AM
Mar 2024
Even though i read WN, and I knew what would happen in this episode.. But, Studio Bind did a lot of work on this series.. Drama, perfect animation and voice acting, incredible theme songs, smooth storytelling.. This is all on an epic level.. I'll just say thank you!..
P.S. Press F to Paul..
Jun 17, 11:15 AM
Jan 2017
Paul üzümlü kekim
Jun 17, 11:37 AM

Oct 2020
Holy fucking hell what an episode. Might be one of the best one's I've ever seen. Absolutely a 5/5 episode.

Top tier animation, an intense fight and man that Paul reveal was just BRUTAL! Nice that it played for a little longer and the music just made it hit so much harder.
Damn this show plays with your emotions. I just fall more and more in love with this series after every episode.
Jun 17, 11:44 AM

Jan 2008
I'm sorry but that was just shit writing. Rudeus just randomly spazzes out so Paul has to sacrifice himself and then Rudy goes all reckless and gives his own arm away. Did a monkey write this? Paul was miles away from being the best character but he didn't deserve this. This is basically dropping a bridge on him. The disrespect.

E: And they Casca'd Zenith? OOoooh they really trying to piss people off, huh?
Also, everything Paul said and did this episode was basically setting up death flags. Man had more red flags in him than a Nascar crash.
SentiNelJun 17, 11:53 AM
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jun 17, 11:50 AM
Apr 2024
sad to see Paul go but amazing fight and loved this EP so much 10/10
Jun 17, 12:20 PM

Jun 2020
A true father protects his family, wife and children. Its what gives him meaning. Thats what Paul did in the end, and is why his last expression was of satisfaction, knowing that Rudy is alive and that they succeeded in their mission.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mushoku Tensei is never dodging the allegations ( 1 2 3 )

notrod - Jun 23

102 by Gabu-sama »»
6 minutes ago

» How is the season so far?

YUNGFRENDI408 - Jun 23

24 by Gabu-sama »»
9 minutes ago

» What this fan of the show has an issue with.(Episdoe 11 spoilers) ( 1 2 )

MasterHavik - Jun 24

50 by Gabu-sama »»
11 minutes ago

» Everything is morally wrong in Mushoku Tensei S2 Eps 11 ( 1 2 )

Rango17 - Yesterday

86 by Keitzo_ »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

305 by Xrendr »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.