Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2016 5:17 PM

Jul 2014
Airi, take my life pls
Feb 13, 2016 5:21 PM
Aug 2014
I think the elementary school teacher is the killer he is way too clever and he has all the connections to everyone who has bern killed
Feb 13, 2016 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
moodie said:
lmfao turn on the news if u want more example of stupidity within the police system.

Lol, fair enough :P
Feb 13, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was not as content-dense as the previous 5, but set us up nicely for another "revival".
Feb 13, 2016 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
[quote=TheServant message=44724164]
DiabloMask said:
Why does this show make the police look like a bunch of idiots? -_-
They were fooled many times in one episode (Airi getting out of her room and having her mother stay as her replacement, and that guy sneaking in pretending to be going to the toilet).
Also there isn't enough proof that Satoru killed his mom and set the fire, and he has no motive to do so! did they just decide that he's the murderer without investigating?!

I do not think the police really fooled by Airi. Remember at the end of the episode, the police finally caught Satoru. So the police knew very well that Airi was running out of hospital & let her to lead them to Satoru.
so the police is indeed very nice because even thought they were following airi they did not arrested satori as soon as she meet her but waited a couple minutes so they could talk
Feb 13, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2014
merryfistmas said:
Really not a fan of everyone being a red herring, it just seems a really lazy way to create mystery, and the red eyes... totally lacks subtlety. I liked it apart from that, though it's not quite as good as the first 4 episodes.

how else would the audience know who are the crazy unidimensional villains in the story?
Feb 13, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2009
TheServant said:
DiabloMask said:
Why does this show make the police look like a bunch of idiots? -_-
They were fooled many times in one episode (Airi getting out of her room and having her mother stay as her replacement, and that guy sneaking in pretending to be going to the toilet).
Also there isn't enough proof that Satoru killed his mom and set the fire, and he has no motive to do so! did they just decide that he's the murderer without investigating?!

I do not think the police really fooled by Airi. Remember at the end of the episode, the police finally caught Satoru. So the police knew very well that Airi was running out of hospital & let her to lead them to Satoru.
so the police is indeed very nice because even thought they were following airi they did not arrested satori as soon as she meet her but waited a couple minutes so they could talk

When you put it that way I guess you're right, actually I don't know how I didn't think of that.
But it still doesn't feel right to see how easy they can be fooled by the killer and accuse the wrong person.
For example the knife that Satoru's mother was stabbed with doesn't have his fingerprints on it, and there are three reasons why he couldn't have wiped them out:
1- He was witnessed and then rushed out and ran away, so he didn't have time to plan the murder.
2- His hands were stained in blood when he was witnessed, which means he didn't wipe anything with a tissue or a towel or whatever, this also proof that he didn't use gloves or a towel to hold the knife.
3- He had to pull the knife out of her body first in order to wipe the fingerprints (that's common sense I guess), which he didn't.
That should be enough proof that he didn't stab her, or at least enough clue for the police to consider the possibility that he was framed.
The fact that they didn't notice that means that they're either a bunch of idiots who didn't do their job and investigate, or the killer is connected to the police and managed to stop the investigation somehow (which would make sense in my opinion).
DiabloMaskFeb 13, 2016 6:13 PM
Feb 13, 2016 6:28 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:

Maybe they wanted to hear the conversation & use it as a lead to solving the case.

DiabloMask said:
When you put it that way I guess you're right, actually I don't know how I didn't think of that.
But it still doesn't feel right to see how easy they can be fooled by the killer and accuse the wrong person.
For example the knife that Satoru's mother was stabbed with doesn't have his fingerprints on it, and there are three reasons why he couldn't have wiped them out:
1- He was witnessed and then rushed out and ran away, so he didn't have time to plan the murder.
2- His hands were stained in blood when he was witnessed, which means he didn't wipe anything with a tissue or a towel or whatever, this also proof that he didn't use gloves or a towel to hold the knife.
3- He had to pull the knife out of her body first in order to wipe the fingerprints (that's common sense I guess), which he didn't.
That should be enough proof that he didn't stab her, or at least enough clue for the police to consider the possibility that he was framed.
The fact that they didn't notice that means that they're either a bunch of idiots who didn't do their job and investigate, or the killer is connected to the police and managed to stop the investigation somehow (which would make sense in my opinion).

Well, we do not know yet who the killer is. Maybe he's an influential person among the law enforcement. Who knows? Indeed it would be weird if he's just a normal person & managed all of this himself, but we do not know that yet.
The police never accused Satoru as the killer, he's more of a suspect. The police were chasing him mainly because he's the only person witnessed the murder & he's suspiciously ran from the police.
Feb 13, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2009
TheServant said:
DiabloMask said:

Well, we do not know yet who the killer is. Maybe he's an influential person among the law enforcement. Who knows? Indeed it would be weird if he's just a normal person & managed all of this himself, but we do not know that yet.
The police never accused Satoru as the killer, he's more of a suspect. The police were chasing him mainly because he's the only person witnessed the murder & he's suspiciously ran from the police.

True, we don't know yet, so I hope everything makes sense at the end.
As for the police, they clearly said "you're under arrest for murder and attempted murder resulting from arson" they wouldn't have said that if they're not accusing him, right?
Which leads me to another thing, why the heck are they accusing him for setting the fire? and to make it worse, if they think that he tried to kill Airi by setting the fire then why do they think that she's assisting him?! the way they think is beyond idiocy!
Feb 13, 2016 7:07 PM
Jan 2016
DiabloMask said:
As for the police, they clearly said "you're under arrest for murder and attempted murder resulting from arson" they wouldn't have said that if they're not accusing him, right?
Which leads me to another thing, why the heck are they accusing him for setting the fire? and to make it worse, if they think that he tried to kill Airi by setting the fire then why do they think that she's assisting him?! the way they think is beyond idiocy!

Then maybe that's the work of the real killer. Because it's indeed weird that there are barely any evidence yet the police have come to that conclusion.
In this episode, the two cops who were guarding her at the hospital said that the police believe Airi helped Satoru kill his mother & after that's done he tried to silence her by killing her. I think that's pretty logical accusation.
Feb 13, 2016 7:54 PM

Oct 2014
[quote=TheServant message=44725461]
gabrielrroiz said:

Maybe they wanted to hear the conversation & use it as a lead to solving the case.
i would be really surprised if they did that, as far as the police is concerned satori already tried to kill airi so i do not think they would let the two alone for any second if they knew she was going after him
Feb 13, 2016 8:02 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
i would be really surprised if they did that, as far as the police is concerned satori already tried to kill airi so i do not think they would let the two alone for any second if they knew she was going after him

They only let the two of them alone for only a few minutes, & the police also believed that Airi was an accomplice. So for the police to let them alone for a few minutes would be a logical decision to get more information about their motivations.
Feb 13, 2016 8:06 PM

Oct 2014
TheServant said:
gabrielrroiz said:

They only let the two of them alone for only a few minutes, & the police also believed that Airi was an accomplice. So for the police to let them alone for a few minutes would be a logical decision to get more information about their motivations.

no that would be a certain way for getting airi killed since they believe satoru is trying to kill her because of the fire in her house
Feb 13, 2016 8:09 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
no that would be a certain way for getting airi killed since they believe satoru is trying to kill her because of the fire in her house

Then let's say that the police simply lost Airi a bit when they're tracking her down so they came a few minutes late to the place. How's that?
Feb 13, 2016 8:12 PM

Oct 2014
TheServant said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Then let's say that the police simply lost Airi a bit when they're tracking her down so they came a few minutes late to the place. How's that?

The police are still retards but i guess it could happen
Feb 13, 2016 8:16 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
The police are still retards but i guess it could happen

If you say so. It's really hard for you to admit you're wrong, isn't it? Anyway, have you read the article about plot convenience & tried to understand it?
Feb 13, 2016 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
I think this show might be breaking its rules it may have established at this point. Technically, he should be triggered back to the point where he saw Hizunaki's gloves, if a heightened sense of emotion activates it. And a half-hearted explanation of why and what these powers are should be warranted. There's deja vu, Deus ex Machina, and then a magical power you don't really explain so you can weasel your way to a conclusion. Not particularly ragging on this series, because I like it, just offering some critical analysis of what I find to be some plot holes.
Feb 13, 2016 8:26 PM
Jan 2016
Colonelfancy said:
I think this show might be breaking its rules it may have established at this point. Technically, he should be triggered back to the point where he saw Hizunaki's gloves, if a heightened sense of emotion activates it. And a half-hearted explanation of why and what these powers are should be warranted. There's deja vu, Deus ex Machina, and then a magical power you don't really explain so you can weasel your way to a conclusion. Not particularly ragging on this series, because I like it, just offering some critical analysis of what I find to be some plot holes.

I do not think the anime ever established how far Satoru sent back for every "revival," so I do not think the anime broke its own rule so far.
Could you elaborate which part was the deus ex machina?
Feb 13, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
b1GZZ said:

And you have your reasons to do so! =D

I'm so excited *-* Gotta read the manga too, I don't know if I can handle myself from reading the manga before the adaptation ends :x

Probably everyone who is watching this anime is excited, thats why it's already in position 7 in MAL top 100 ;)
Me too, i want so bad to read the manga but i also want to see the ending of the anime, so i don't know if i should read it now or after.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 13, 2016 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
desertkona said:

Satoru will get a chance to "Revival" again and maybe arrest the real suspect

I doubt about that, it would be too fast, even if they get him, they don't have any proofs.
What will happen is that he will probably escape from being caught and will follow him and will find some more info.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 13, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
TheServant said:
DiabloMask said:

Then maybe that's the work of the real killer. Because it's indeed weird that there are barely any evidence yet the police have come to that conclusion.
In this episode, the two cops who were guarding her at the hospital said that the police believe Airi helped Satoru kill his mother & after that's done he tried to silence her by killing her. I think that's pretty logical accusation.

It's a pretty logical accusation if it's based on proof not speculation, I mean if you think about it, Satoru aside Airi has no motive to help him kill his mom! just because she talked to him a few times doesn't mean that she's assisting him in a murder!
It's as you said, it's probably the work of the killer, because other wise it doesn't make sense to me!
I hope we get more answers next episode.
Feb 13, 2016 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
There are a couple of things that I feel pretty strange, or perhaps I miss something?
- The manager conveniently appears -- Or is he stalking her still?
- Satoru first said that the killer killed his friend so that the police would suspect people "not acquaintance" with his friend, thus the killer name would not appear in the suspect list. So why does he questioned that the name of the "chairman" not in the list? Isn't that pretty obvious?

I don't think the police originally know that Airi sneaked out. I believe the killer saw she sneaking out and then inform the police. Or perhaps the killer is someone part of the police itself?
Feb 13, 2016 9:45 PM
Jan 2016
Maelis said:
There are a couple of things that I feel pretty strange, or perhaps I miss something?
- The manager conveniently appears -- Or is he stalking her still?
- Satoru first said that the killer killed his friend so that the police would suspect people "not acquaintance" with his friend, thus the killer name would not appear in the suspect list. So why does he questioned that the name of the "chairman" not in the list? Isn't that pretty obvious?

The manager probably was still stalking her.

I think Satoru was just thinking that the councilman, as Airi said, was the no. 1 suspect so far & he's not acquainted with Hiromi(the trap friend of Satoru) yet he's not on the list.
Feb 13, 2016 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
TheServant said:

The manager probably was still stalking her.

I think Satoru was just thinking that the councilman, as Airi said, was the no. 1 suspect so far & he's not acquainted with Hiromi(the trap friend of Satoru) yet he's not on the list.

But the killer went to the extend of killing his friend so that he would not be suspected right? So if the councilman is the killer, he would have not be in the list right? Because if he does, it means that killing his friend is meaningless.

What I want to say is that the people who are not on the list are the most likely killer since so far the killer is trying to put the blame on the other. Thus, it is no surprise that if the councilman is the killer, he would not be in the list.
Feb 13, 2016 9:59 PM

Jul 2015
So in the end Satoru was about to have another revival, right? Otherwise he won't be able to do anything from jail and Airi and his mom's friend will have to find the killer.
Side note: until now I thought Hiromi was a girl too lol it doesn't help that he was voiced by a woman.
Feb 13, 2016 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
Wow great episode, can't wait to see where it goes and I think the killer is the teacher but maybe that's too obvious.
Feb 13, 2016 10:27 PM
Jan 2016
Maelis said:
But the killer went to the extend of killing his friend so that he would not be suspected right? So if the councilman is the killer, he would have not be in the list right? Because if he does, it means that killing his friend is meaningless.

What I want to say is that the people who are not on the list are the most likely killer since so far the killer is trying to put the blame on the other. Thus, it is no surprise that if the councilman is the killer, he would not be in the list.

Hm . . . I see what you mean. Maybe Satoru thought it's weird how the councilman was not on the list(which means he's acquainted with his trap friend) yet he knew nothing about him.
Feb 14, 2016 1:19 AM

Oct 2012
is there any reason for airi to trust satoru
RRRRRRRRRR
Feb 14, 2016 1:28 AM
Jul 2009
UTSANOMIKO said:
is there any reason for airi to trust satoru

She trusts him because she saw him saving a kid, because she saw his interaction with her mother, and because she wants to believe in people for what happened to her father.

Plenty of reasons imo.
Feb 14, 2016 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
Lmao, they pulled off the good o classic 'don't just tell who the killer is and the story would be over'.

Doesn't the killer look like the teacher lol?

So far, it's obvious that the killer has an accomplice. The most obvious suspects is the teacher and one of Satoru's friends.

It seems to be 3 people in total so far.

There were no murders before Kayo's murder so I think the teacher killed her to save her from her parents. Then, the rest of the murders were to cover up. That final scene in ep 2 or 3, made it look like Kenya somehow persuaded the teacher indirectly.

So far, we know 1 person has to be someone Satoru hasn't met before he started working at the pizza place since he was unable to unidentified that person in his workplace.

Then, 1 person has to be a close friend of Satoru or the teacher to know that Hiromo was a guy.

Then, there has to be a third since he walked passed the killer and was unable to recognise him meaning he isn't the pizza place guy or a friend.

We also know that the murder of Sayo wasn't related to the relationship Satoru had with her since that didn't occur in the first timeline. Anyway, I could only narrow it down to Sayo being murder for the reason stated above or because she didn't fit into the class and a student wanted her out but that's highly unlikely.

Alternatively, Himoro was only declared missing not found dead I think. The killer could have been Himoro and after staged his disappearance but that's also extremely unlikely.
dissipatedFeb 14, 2016 5:07 AM
Feb 14, 2016 6:44 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this series better before episode 5, I just don't like how they're handling things now.
It's still exciting, though.
Feb 14, 2016 7:59 AM
Jun 2015
Me at the end of every episode:

"GODDAMN IT DON'T HANG ME LIKE THIS! SHOW ME MOOREEE!"
Feb 14, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
Woah wait. Satoru just (carefully) waltzed in that coffee shop. Some people may have heard about him, and I know that he's vigilant but, seriously? (Just nitpicking on small details don't mind me)

The Mystery genre is so hard to handle especially for a show that incorporates time travel. It tends to suffer from what ifs and whatnots mostly because of its linearistic nature. Though I do hope that they do the last half of episodes superbly, otherwise, the 9.10 something score would fall tremendously.

Anyways, this and Episode 5 was quite weak IMO. I'm still not connected with Airi so I can't say much about her.

I'm still craving for that fantastic feeling I had in the earlier episodes.

Please don't disappoint me.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Feb 14, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2009
I really am dying for him to trigger his Revival again even if it's only a few days before his arrest so that he can find a way to beat the city councilman!

Feb 14, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2015
That manager swooping in like 'Mr. steal yo girl' annoyed me. Also, Airi, come on. There's no way you wouldn't be followed after all that happened. It did make me sad to see her apologizing and crying though. The final moments between Satoru and the killer spiked up my blood pressure so much that I was sad that I had to wait another week to see what happens.

All in all, still really love this show.
。 🐑 𝒩𝑒𝑒𝒹𝓈 𝓈🍩𝓂𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 🐑 。
Feb 14, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
This keeps on giving.
That killer is one magnificant bastard.
Feb 14, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2008
It's going to be the teacher, isn't it? I enjoy this anime and all, but it feels like there's a massive sign over the teacher's head that says "He is the killer" with the dog song from Undertale playing over it.
Feb 14, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2013
^
Surely the first suspect, got red eyes and that "Damn my sensei is clever" is call a flag.
Feb 14, 2016 12:49 PM

Nov 2015
It's got to be the teacher, come on! That umbrella scene was not subtle at all.
I hope I'm wrong so the story can surprise me again with another plot twist.
Wouldn't you like that?

Next week is Revival time. I want to know more about the blonde kid...
I don't quite trust him, but anything can happen at this point.

Damn, I'm starting to hate these cliffhangers. At the beginning it was cool,
"ohhh man! What a cliffhanger! Got to watch next week's episode!",
now I'm like: "... seriously? ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER?
You are going to kill me! T_T No plz, gime more now!"

PD: The red eye theory was incorrect this time
(I'm glad about that)
HumbertoZeroFeb 14, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 14, 2016 2:11 PM

May 2010
I am so glad that Airi is alive. And I really like her interactions with Satoru, potential romance option, but it's mostly platonic as of the moment. Then there's Kayo who needs some love, she has suffered too much and needs a happy end...

Most importantly, we want a happy end in which everyone survives. I don't even know how this will end, hopefully it ends satisfyingly.
Feb 14, 2016 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
TheServant said:
merryfistmas said:
Really not a fan of everyone being a red herring, it just seems a really lazy way to create mystery, and the red eyes... totally lacks subtlety. I liked it apart from that, though it's not quite as good as the first 4 episodes.

How's too many red herrings a lazy way to create a mystery? Wouldn't it make the mystery much more intriguing & the pay off at the end would be much more satisfying? And about the red eyes, it could be a lack of subtlety from the anime to indicate a bad guy or that's some kind of foreshadowing about something else. We do not know that yet.
Red eyes are bad because they simply point out who the villain is. Had it not shown the teacher and others with red eyes and an evil glare, would you have realized they were evil, or had something to hide? Now, the show does tip us off in other ways, such as the teacher meeting with Kayo's mom and the manager being a scum bag, but the satisfaction of seeing a mystery applies to more than the big reveal. Figuring out the mystery as it's happening, connecting the dots, and decided whether or not something is a clue. The lack of subtlety removes all that and
gabrielrroiz said:
merryfistmas said:

how else would the audience know who are the crazy unidimensional villains in the story?
This. SAO had the same problem with rape man (same director btw).
Feb 14, 2016 3:09 PM
Apr 2014
Wow that bastard is even on the scene when they capture him? Did he not realize Satoru recognized him or does he simply not care(I mean in this position Satoru's words are basically useless anyway)?

I guess it's time for another revival. Can't see him getting out of that situation any other way unless the ex-coworker of his mother goes insane and tries to rescue him somehow(which I hope not because that would be stupid as fuck). Most satisfying would be if Satoru just starts running and punches him a few times but we are not in some cheap shounen anime so I hope it just triggers his special ability.
NanashiFeb 14, 2016 3:13 PM
Feb 14, 2016 3:34 PM

Jun 2015
This is getting sooooooooooo good.
Feb 14, 2016 4:13 PM
Jan 2016
merryfistmas said:
Red eyes are bad because they simply point out who the villain is. Had it not shown the teacher and others with red eyes and an evil glare, would you have realized they were evil, or had something to hide? Now, the show does tip us off in other ways, such as the teacher meeting with Kayo's mom and the manager being a scum bag, but the satisfaction of seeing a mystery applies to more than the big reveal. Figuring out the mystery as it's happening, connecting the dots, and decided whether or not something is a clue. The lack of subtlety removes all that and

You haven't answered my question about too many red herrings.
Like I said, we do not know what the red eyes mean yet. It does not necessarily mean those who have red eyes are evil. Maybe it's a foreshadowing for something else. I mean, how did you come to the conclusion that in this anime red eyes = evil? If later it's revealed that indeed the red eyes indicate the evilness of character, then you can criticize it. But for now, you can't.
Feb 14, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
TheServant said:
merryfistmas said:
Red eyes are bad because they simply point outwho the villain is. Had it not shown the teacher and others with red eyes and an evil glare, would you have realized they were evil, or had something to hide? Now, the show does tip us off in other ways, such as the teacher meeting with Kayo's mom and the manager being a scum bag, but the satisfaction of seeing a mystery applies to more than the big reveal. Figuring out the mystery as it's happening, connecting the dots, and decided whether or not something is a clue. The lack of subtlety removes all that and
You haven't answered my question about too many red herrings.
Like I said, we do not know what the red eyes mean yet. It does not necessarily mean those who have red eyes are evil. Maybe it's a foreshadowing for something else. I mean, how did you come to the conclusion that in this anime red eyes = evil? If later it's revealed that indeed the red eyes indicate the evilness of character, then you can criticize it. But for now, you can't.
Too many red herrings isn't a bad thing, it's the way they go about doing it. If you want to show me there's more to a character than meets the eye, tip me off with their behavior or maybe a slip in conversation, or anything that adds characterization. My biggest problem, as I have said before, is the lack of subtlety, which is very important in a mystery. I know the red eyes don't necessarily mean evil, but they mean something suspicious, the point is how it's executed.
Feb 14, 2016 5:33 PM
Jan 2016
merryfistmas said:
Too many red herrings isn't a bad thing, it's the way they go about doing it. If you want to show me there's more to a character than meets the eye, tip me off with their behavior or maybe a slip in conversation, or anything that adds characterization. My biggest problem, as I have said before, is the lack of subtlety, which is very important in a mystery. I know the red eyes don't necessarily mean evil, but they mean something suspicious, the point is how it's executed.

I see. So why did you say you did not like "everyone being a red herring?" Could you elaborate on that?
Feb 14, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
TheServant said:
merryfistmas said:

I see. So why did you say you did not like "everyone being a red herring?" Could you elaborate on that?
I'm not totally against it, but at this point I just expect every male character to become a red herring, and they're all just given red eyes, their suspiciousness isn't differentiated. I don't think having more possible suspects necessarily makes the mystery more engaging anyway.

To clarify, I do like the show, I've been giving nothing but criticism here, but there is far more that I do like.
Feb 14, 2016 6:08 PM

Nov 2015
Whoah, so I finally caught up with this, and damn did that escalate. All these cliffhangers are bad for my soul.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 2016
merryfistmas said:
I'm not totally against it, but at this point I just expect every male character to become a red herring, and they're all just given red eyes, their suspiciousness isn't differentiated. I don't think having more possible suspects necessarily makes the mystery more engaging anyway.

I see. I understand what you mean. Well, let's hope the red eyes are more than an indication of a suspicious character. Though I have to say even without the red eyes, those characters are already pretty suspicious judging by their dialogues, behaviours, etc. So I disagree with you regarding the red herrings are red herrings just because of the red eyes.
Feb 14, 2016 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
TheServant said:
Colonelfancy said:

I do not think the anime ever established how far Satoru sent back for every "revival," so I do not think the anime broke its own rule so far.
Could you elaborate which part was the deus ex machina?

This show in particular isn't utilizing deus ex machina, I was listing one of the several elaborate manners in which ERASED and shows like it handle this kind of subject matter. The rules have been vaguely explained, Satoru said he can travel back as accurate as a matter of moments, prior to it happening. Those rules change(?) when he sees Hinazuki's gloves and warps back to present time, after the murder. The idea, I believe, is to get him back in time before Hinazuki is killed, but that's technically too late.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1401 by masons_anime78 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

833 by saranglolxd »»
May 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1107 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

899 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.