Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2008
NoulisVraxati said:
Wow what an episode i really loved it, im going to take much hate for it but i really loved the twist at the end were both the princess and Inaho died and i really hope they remain dead cuz i think that spice up the story cuz i really im bored with the concept of the main MC in every story cuz undefeated until the end and saves everybody. Didn't you guys get bored to seeing that happen everytime i wonder?...

Beats watching Slaine cause disaster after disaster every time he has screentime
Sep 20, 2014 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
Imagine Slaine as an outlaw or pirate.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 20, 2014 1:04 PM
Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
v9029 said:

i cannot make a debate with someone who like Shingeki no kyojin and fairy tail the debate will be long and never end

The fact that you have to resort to arguments from my list has already lost you any potential debate you could have even started. Fare thee well Slaine Fandumb.

see ? it will be long and long pointless debate
Sep 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2012
funtimesayshi said:
Fuck.

My heart hurts.

I literally cry.

I'm hopeless.

I'm heart-broken.

I'm conflicted.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 20, 2014 1:06 PM
Mar 2014
Fai said:
deadoptimist said:

I would like to know it too. Maybe it is simply a plothole, one of many, or Slaine has aldnoah, either because of his father's research or because he is related to the martian royalty.
Or Cruhteo. I hope for the latter.

Other than that I hope that they won't ressurect Asseylum, that's simply too much. In that case they shouln't have introduced the assassination attempt on Deucalion.
Inaho may survive unfortunately, but I hope that he won't too.

THen who would be MC?

Because if its Slaine, then fuck no. The only role he can logically have now is that of villain.

I'd rather have asspull survival of princess and/or Inaho, than 12 episodes of Slaine's bullshit

Slaine can only be the villian at this point (whether as main villian or as an falsely guided one (by Saazbaum?)), no way he can be MC. Certainly not since the princess is still one of the driving points of the plot. I really doubt that the emperor would be pleased if he would find out about the raid on the Landing Castle and the story behind it.
Besides, if the emperor finds out about it at all (no matter if he knows about Saazbaum's betrayal or not) I reckon the people at the moonbase will have one heck of a problem.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 20, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
I feel sorry for Inaho in this episode. RIP orange.
Wait for 2015 D:
Sep 20, 2014 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
The Gen Urobuchi has struck leaving the main characters dead. How is there supposed to even be a season 2?
Sep 20, 2014 1:08 PM

Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:
Wow what an episode i really loved it, im going to take much hate for it but i really loved the twist at the end were both the princess and Inaho died and i really hope they remain dead cuz i think that spice up the story cuz i really im bored with the concept of the main MC in every story cuz undefeated until the end and saves everybody. Didn't you guys get bored to seeing that happen everytime i wonder?...

Beats watching Slaine cause disaster after disaster every time he has screentime

So its better to see Inaho victorius every time in every battle? whats the point in seeing it if you already know whats going to happen?

Mar 2013
2nd Season will either be
- Slaine as Main Enemy ( if this then we may see a new Heroine but that don't really make too much sense)
or
- Slaine as Heroine

May 2013
episodes 1-2 Amazing
episodea 3-11 Shit
episode 12 minutes 0-20 shit
episode 12 minutes 20-24 legendary

I was in no way shape or form going to watch season two.... until BAM. Everybody besides Slaine dies. It shocked the shit out of me, but now that I think about it.... thank god. Slaine is the only decent character in this entire show. Inaho was an emotionless shell, the Princess was a flowery moron, and everyone else was just kind of there. Now I'm interested to see what happens in season two and if slaine goes all lelouch on everyone and destroys the world to create it anew.
Sep 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
Fai said:
deadoptimist said:

I would like to know it too. Maybe it is simply a plothole, one of many, or Slaine has aldnoah, either because of his father's research or because he is related to the martian royalty.
Or Cruhteo. I hope for the latter.

Other than that I hope that they won't ressurect Asseylum, that's simply too much. In that case they shouln't have introduced the assassination attempt on Deucalion.
Inaho may survive unfortunately, but I hope that he won't too.

THen who would be MC?

Because if its Slaine, then fuck no. The only role he can logically have now is that of villain.

I'd rather have asspull survival of princess and/or Inaho, than 12 episodes of Slaine's bullshit

Well, I he could get some development... Oh, wait, it's Aldnoah crew we're talking about.
Personally, I didn't care for Assylum or Inaho, so I'd watch the second cour, if Slaine became the sole main character. Inaho is replaceable, in my opinion. Asseylum shouldn't be revived without a very good reason, if they have an ounce of taste.
But I think that most likely we'll have timeskip, and everything is possible after timeskip. Some new characters will be introduced too.
Sep 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2014
Good afternoon thread, were you aware that your going 100 posts per second when the limit is 10. i'm gonna have to write you a ticket.
bad jokes are bad
Sep 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2012
Elxier said:
The Gen Urobuchi has struck leaving the main characters dead. How is there supposed to even be a season 2?
The anime is called ALDNOAH.ZERO not "Super Genius Inaho".

Sep 20, 2014 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
y123y said:
Maryruss said:
I feel sorry for Inaho in this episode. RIP orange.
Wait for 2015 D:

RIP Inaho 2014-2014

He was born in 1999, the year of Heaven's Fall.

Sep 20, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
Elxier said:

And thats why the Princess and Inaho are Alive. The Story just cant continue without them
Sep 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
That ending is actually the most shocking ending I've seen all year! I'm relieved that there's already a season 2 announced. Overall great episode 5/5 and a solid season 8/10. I wonder what kind of route the next season will go down.
Sep 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
zetsubousei_hero said:
- Slaine as Main Enemy ( if this then we may see a new Heroine but that don't really make too much sense)
or
- Slaine as Heroine

Please gimme the second variant.
Sep 20, 2014 1:13 PM

May 2013
God damnit, Slaine. You had one job, one fucking job. You ended up fucking both sides, you prick. I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be the main antagonist in the 2nd season.
Sep 20, 2014 1:15 PM
Jan 2014
Aleskar said:
Elxier said:

And thats why the Princess and Inaho are Alive. The Story just cant continue without them

The story can continue without Inaho.

Mar 2014
Aleskar said:
Elxier said:

^Yes.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Oct 2010
Time to lay down my issues with the show I guess

- The entire conflict sparking from the princess's assassination was stupid. Much like I said in the episode 2 (or 3?) discussion there is no one to hold the martians accountable if they went to war with earth. They are already starving so most of the martians would be in favour of war, not to mention they won't bother negotiating because their military is just that more advanced. You know what makes this fact even worse? MARITO SAYS THIS IN EPISODE 11, they literally broke the logic of their own show.

- The mecha are extremely stupid and impractical, the last fight was the dumbest of them all because all Saazbuum needs to do was fire his missles when they were in the hallway.. that would have killed all of them and they wouldn't be able to dodge. I mean he could have even just kept on his anti-matter shield and flew into them for victory, but nah he had to go with the most impractical option out of them all.

Let's not forget two of their mechs got defeated by water and none of them save for saazbuum's has regular weapons (also if saazbuum's could have so many features why is everyone else not having more features of their own to make up for the weaknesses?).... why don't think they having ranged weapons is a good idea? To purposefully leave a gigantic weakness with their mecha?

- The inconsistency.. I'll go with the stuff I remember. The complete 180 the emperor does in one episode.. absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable, the fact that they can't get LT marito's backstory straight (the flast back in episode 1 and the therapy done in episode 9 or 8 don't match up), Slaine being fucking surprised Saazbuum shot the princess when he and Saazbuum just had that fucking conversation in episode 10 (I believe). How did Marito or Orlene's mech survive that big ass explosion on the island etc.. good lord.

- The lack of character development.. I know the same about inaho, inko and slaine and the princess as I did at the start of the show. There's almost no development at all.. what were they thinking with this? Saazbuum and Rayet are literally the same character just with different levels of power.

Man there's a lot more I had issue with in the show like the meh animation and overused OST but I can barely think straight about it. Even the ending was meh to me because Inaho and the princess did not grow as characters.
GD1551Sep 20, 2014 1:19 PM
Sep 20, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2013
i didn't expect this also i prefer inaho i did find slaine interesting and i was hoping he would develop into something usefull, but in the last 3 minutes i thought he is an idiot :( ... btw great ending a bit harsh but great

Jun 2012
watermelon-boy said:
i'm speechless

crying

hopeless

omg

- I only draw freestyle! -

Feb 2012
Aleskar said:
Elxier said:

Although I would like them to be alive, it is possible for the story to continue without them. View it with a plot-driven viewpoint. It's called ALDNOAH.ZERO because of the Aldnoah technology and it depicts the second war between UE and the Vers Empire, what could a second season depict? Another conflict.

Mar 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
or
- Slaine as Heroine
loooooooooool XD

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
zetsubousei_hero said:
or
- Slaine as Heroine

He's too far gone to be a heroine

NoulisVraxati said:
Darklight0303 said:

So its better to see Inaho victorius every time in every battle? whats the point in seeing it if you already know whats going to happen?

The point is in the execution of his victories.
Sep 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2011
5/5. Awesome final episode, feels a lot like Code Geass. Now I'm totally hyped for season 2!

Now maybe I should start watching CG R2...

Sep 20, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2013
Primus2x said:
Aleskar said:

Although I would like them to be alive, it is possible for the story to continue without them. View it with a plot-driven viewpoint. It's called ALDNOAH.ZERO because of the Aldnoah technology and it depicts the second war between UE and the Vers Empire, what could a second season depict? Another conflict.
i agree it could go this way

Aug 2008
Looks like they decided to go with the ending where everyone dies (except for Slaine). Man, it would be so BS if in the second season, everyone turns out to be alive (but I get the feeling that's what will happen)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

Sep 2014
clash45 said:
Aleskar said:

And in what direction would the Story go from that Point ?

Jul 2014
Btw, I know that people don't like Urobuchi mentioned when discussing Aldnoah, but it looked like he came back for the last 5 minutes of the show. The ending had the same dark feeling as the first episodes. I would like if the whole show had been like that - with actual deaths and ideological conflicts. I don't say that it did make sense, but the mood and the tension were enjoyable.

Mar 2012
Writers were like "hm what would Urobuchi do? Oh lets just get the useless Slaine to kill off the main characters to add some shock value."
Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
zetsubousei_hero said:
or
- Slaine as Heroine

Did you misspell Princess or misspell hero or are you telling me the second season's protagonist will be a crossdressing Slaine?

Sep 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

I was thinking along the lines of him being f***d a lot, but okay.
Sep 20, 2014 1:21 PM
Jun 2014
welp
I think this is my second post ever.
EDIT: fourth post, but whatever

Just a few things.
1. v9092, you're a fucking idiot, and a prime example of a retarded fanboy.
2. With actual logic, Inaho/Asseylum/Saazbaum should be all dead (If not instantly dead, then from injuries). With anime/Aldnoah.Zero logic, they probably all survived (Not entirely sure about Saazbaum, but he wasn't actually killed)
3. Slaine is a fucking idiot. He knows Saazbaum will stop at nothing to kill the princess, he sees Inaho about to finish off Saazbaum while in the mech, proceeds to tackle him. They all recover, Asseylum goes over to Inaho, and Slaine presumably sees. Saazbaum proceeds to - appearingly - lethally shoot the princess, to which he goes crazy and proceeds to basically turn Saazbaum into swiss cheese, but stop from a lethal shot. Inaho is crawling over to the princess, and probably highly distressed, Slaine gets upset for whatever reason (jealousy?), and tells him to stop, Inaho probably intentionally tried to get himself shot, given the fact he knew he was in a much worse position, yet pulled out the gun when Slaine had already aimed and loaded, Slaine shoots.
4. Ending says the body of the princess was not discovered, and in combination with anime logic and Aldnoah.Zero stupidity, it's almost guaranteed she's alive. The narrator for the ending was Inaho's sister if I remember correctly, and since they were all within the Aldnoah chamber, there's only one spot they could've all been, and I'm pretty sure that she would've made some remark about Inaho/Slaine/Saazbaum if they were there/dead. So presumably they're missing or alive too, but the ending does a shit job of trying to be a cliffhanger.
5. Second part of split cour will probably be a timeskip, given the name of the episode (Childhood's End)
6. Slaine basically guaranteed dead next cour half
7. Inaho is the Sherlock Holmes and Kristen Stewart of anime, with his deduction skills and ability (/sarcasm) to show emotion. Rayet is a melodramatic nihilistic (did I use the right word?) idiot, the princess is naive and idiotic, and a fanservice target, Inaho's sister exists just to be used as a plot point and bug her little brother, the rest of Inaho's friends mean nothing, and PTSD guy is a whiny PTSD guy.

Cruhteo was the one good character in this anime and they go and kill him off.
Saazbaum is far off, but maybe somewhat second best. His super-OP mecha destroying everything was pretty neat, and he's also pretty cunning, but it's only partially from his own intelligence, partially from super-OP mecha, and mostly from every other character being an idiot (except savior Inaho who can find exploits in every Aldnoah mecha).
EDIT 2: Saazbaum is also an idiot, why would he basically break his shield by firing the arms when he could've just charged into them, or swung the plasma sword around. Firing missiles would probably break the shield as well, and charging could lead to off balance = having to disarm shield.

Also, for fuck's sakes, Urobuchi wasn't directing any of the episodes in this first half-cour, besides the first two.

I think that's it for now, I remember having more to say, but forgot it at the moment.
Sep 20, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
Primus2x said:
Aleskar said:

The Earth has no chance of winning against the Martians without Aldnoah Drives or do you think Slaine goes Kira Yamato and kill entire Fleets solo~
Sep 20, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2013
y123y said:
telmo_trooper said:
God damnit, Slaine. You had one job, one fucking job. You ended up fucking both sides, you prick. I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be the main antagonist in the 2nd season.

Seeing how this anime quickly eliminated the villains, maybe they need a strong villain. Maybe Slaine can be that.

If that's the case, I hope he gets it right this time around. Guy can't even choose a side, half the time it's "I must save you, princess!" and then "Guy who wants to kill the princess, I better save you too!". He even killed Inaho who saved the princess countless times.
telmo_trooperSep 20, 2014 1:27 PM
Sep 20, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

NoulisVraxati said:

What execution? in episode 11 not even a single bullet scratched his mecha while falling down to the castle cuz god forbit the MC is hit by a bullet when they are shooting hundreds of them to him while he is mid air...
NoulisVraxatiSep 20, 2014 1:28 PM
Sep 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2012
Aleskar said:
clash45 said:

And in what direction would the Story go from that Point ?
WWII wasn't just 1 ally fighting 1 Nazi with the rest being background events, look at the bigger picture, what will Earth do to the Martians now? What will the Martians do to the Earth?

Sep 20, 2014 1:23 PM
Sep 2008
WTF!!! like omgggg what was that fudging ending O_O

how slaine could do that ???!?!?!!?! like for reals.. doesnt he on the princess side... is he blind that inaho helping her O_O

sooo confusing T_T
remindes me the end of valvrave
Sep 20, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
Urobuchi only directed the first three episodes.
http://www.mygeekreview.com/anime-expo-2014-day-1-gen-urobuchi-and-nitro/

Aug 2013
The original theme was good. Average opening episodes , horrible writing, one dimensional characters, average enjoyment. Final score 5/10.
Anime recommended for brain offline, you will probably want to suicide if you watch this in an intellectual mood.
blazeredApr 3, 2015 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
i only watched this for ost and animation
dont really care about the plot the only names i know are inaho , slein or samething and hime-sama
i saw the main dying but due to slain going full tard mod damn
well terror in tokyo you are my last hope for a good ending
as for sinon ass online i hope they dont repeat the same discuission for the 4th time-_-
Sep 20, 2014 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
Aleskar said:
Primus2x said:

The Earth has no chance of winning against the Martians without Aldnoah Drives or do you think Slaine goes Kira Yamato and kill entire Fleets solo~
If that's the case then we have a hook for a post-apocalyptic series like After War Gundam X.

Slaine wonders a barren Earth subjected to overkill by the Martians...

Oct 2012
So did Urobutcher write this episode or was he confirmed just for first three?

Jul 2013
WHAT DA HELL WAS THAT!!!! Inaho and princess are both dead!? How will s2 manage without 2 main characters?? The best surprise ending of the season!

Now Slaine becomes enemy of both world.
Sep 20, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
NoulisVraxati said:
Darklight0303 said:

What execution? in episode 11 not even a single bullet scratch its mecha while falling down to the castle cuz god forbit the MC is hit by a bullet when they are shooting hundreds of them to him while he is mid air...

There is such a thing as LUCK and his chances increased with the decoys he threw ahead of time.
Sep 20, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2012
Watashi20 said:
So did Urobutcher write this episode or was he confirmed just for first three?
He's not the only writer that does kill 'em all.

Sep 20, 2014 1:27 PM
Sep 2012
assaylum is dead, now way she is coming back to life after the bath thing. And to those of you saying there will be some ass pull revive, why the hell did she not revive when she was in the shower and was strangled?
Sep 20, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
What's up with Slaine? Why would he save Saazbaum when he knows he's after the princesses life? I don't get his actions at all...

Loved the ending though, and the narration gave me a "nice boat" feel with the crazed Slaine + dead missing princess. If only there was an ending scene like this (with Slaine and a decapitated princess):
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Pages (43) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.