Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 9:13 PM

May 2015
Gobrou gave that raiding party two good reasons on why they shouldn't be creeps. Goblins will be better off because of it.
Apr 8, 9:19 PM
Aug 2020
well i like the settings so I'm going to continue watching it
Apr 8, 9:40 PM
Sep 2023
yummy this epsidoe was yummy
Apr 8, 11:02 PM
Nov 2022
Contains spoilers!
This episode really discouraged me. Firstly, the trapped girls don't die out of nowhere; Goburou gives a bottle of poison and says: the decision of how you will face your salvation and yourselves. Finally, they kill themselves with the poison. The fight with the bear is insane, that strong exchange of strength and strategy. The mangaka must be sad about what he's seeing. A story with a Seinen++ rating; becoming an assignment for 14 years. The dialogues seem empty.
Apr 8, 11:24 PM
Mar 2024
We get to meet most of the harem this ep. Goboru is a badass. He asserts his dominance when necessary, but is still kind to his people most of the time.
Apr 9, 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
Well it seems that Gobrou has quickly leveled up yet again, in more than one way.

Firstly, I was shocked to understand that in goblin territory, it’s the strongest who decides the rules. Secondly, that Hobken guy is the worst. I’m glad that Gobrou took care of him real quick.

Now that battle with the Crimson Red Bear… It didn’t go as I expected. It was the first time we got Gorbou legitimately struggling against an opponent and it was close, but he came out on top and evolved into an ogre. How much evolution is possible?

Gobmi chewing him out is fair given that he was gone for a couple of days, so yeah.

What’s gonna happen next?
Apr 9, 2:06 AM
Jan 2019
His skill has a chance to learn the creature's powers, but it basically doesn't matter because apparently he can eat a creature in many small bites and it applies that chance to every bite separately.
He's not regenerating?

CS 2 cheaters have less hacks than isekai MCs
JabokaApr 9, 2:10 AM
Apr 9, 5:51 AM
Apr 2021
Ok I’m fucking surprised at the good ass animation we got with Gobrou vs the Red Bear I mean I had low expectations for the animation bc it’s Studio Deen animating this and we all know how badly they butchered SDS S3 and S4 yet they’re knocking it out of the ball park with the art quality and the animation I’m actually genuinely impressed bc Studio Deen is one of the studios I don’t put high hopes into so good on them😃👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽🔥

I’m happy Gobrou beat the ever living fuck out of those 5 goblins that wanted to raped those 5 women out that was so satisfying to see I loved every bit of it and every hit that he landed on them to the point where they were on the brink of death, thankfully the leader of that group died🥰

Gobrou already got the human redhead on his dick same with Gobmi hahahaha it should be interesting to see if he makes love with the Red head girl and gives birth to goblins babies or some shit bc that’s the only other way I see them making new goblins without raping them btw poor girls at the beginning they died after living a horrible life of being breeding cows😢☹️

I liked the way he looked before he evolved into an Orge bc he had more of a human like appearance but hey it’s not that bad so I won’t mind it for now I’ll get used to it as the episodes go by👍🏽

I forgot how good this story was I forgot everything from the manga since I read it back in 2019 but so far this shit is great I’m definitely staying with it, can’t wait for episode🤩
Apr 9, 6:12 AM
Mar 2012
oof generational conflict. interesting new cast.
Red warrior cute like Chise. Tricorn horse nice design.
Wow that fire bear vs Gobrou was epic metal. wut even 2d bear!? goldenkamuy in shambles.
mc's ogre form looks real cool. Surprise the levelup doesn't regen his arm like other isekais.
Apr 9, 7:00 AM
Feb 2024
The main character had a fast development, looks like he will become some kind of slayer of other races. But he definitely like human womans but not clear if he will become a pervert haha.
Apr 9, 7:06 AM
Nov 2023
saya ga tau mau ngetik apa tapi saya rasa anime ini bagus dari segi ceritanya
Apr 9, 8:05 AM
Dec 2023
For battle isekai actual battle scenes are getting to little screentime. Also chivalry and all but if whole anime wasn`t about MC`s group evolving would be rip they reproduction
Apr 9, 8:51 AM
Apr 2023
Stockholm Syndrome is so strong with Rou that Orcbolg might even reconsider. I can't wait for Mi to hit her next evolution ❤️‍🔥
Apr 9, 9:21 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
My boy Gobrou is growing up so fast... Though it's pretty normal for goblins, I guess, lol.

Now, as an upgraded Goblin, Gobrou, evolved from a Goblin to a Hobgoblin. As he began training other Goblins of his generation, the older generation of Goblins, who had been working outside, returned to the cave. They had captured a human woman for breeding purposes, which Gobrou found unacceptable. He asked to be entrusted with the handling of humans himself, but being told this by a newborn Goblin was infuriating for the older generation. Thus, the duel between the older generation and the new generation began.

The first group of women poisoned themselves to escape being r-worded... the second group was going to face the same fate until Gobrou stepped in. Goblin Slayer was right. It's funny how he used his skills to become Head Gobo. Saving those women is teaching him about humans. Now he's going to make the goblins behave, even if he has to force them.

Just another day for the boy Gobrou... Soon enough, he'll be the leader of these goblins.
@IzanaSolos like I said I smell slime aka rimuru all over it
The quick evolution and I love it since I’m a big fan of isekai and one of the greatest fan of That time I got reincarnated as a slime
Apr 9, 9:23 AM
Feb 2022
Can’t wait to see Goburou establish his own harem and world building which will differ from his mentor and boss Rimuru
Apr 9, 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
An information is much more valuable than to satisfy your carnal desires. Though the older generation would be satisfied with that since I doubt, they even want to go somewhere and improve their way of life. The red girl got the Stockholm way too quick.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 9, 11:29 AM
Jan 2024
I liked it quite well the anime has decent pace as compared to manga but the animation could have been better.
Apr 9, 12:22 PM
Jun 2012
Solid production. Good adaption of the source.

Well done fight sequences. Keep it up.
Apr 9, 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
No matter how much of a badass killing machine you are you MUST sit seiza and be yelled out by your woman who you haven't even banged yet because you're a punk ass Japanese MC.
[/URL]
Apr 9, 4:08 PM

Feb 2019
Ok so finally got around to watching Re:Monster after my boy begged me to get on it and I’m glad I did. Definitely has shades of Tensura and undead unwanted adventurer but still managed to feel very fresh in these first two episodes. I’d say watching the first two back to back is really nice because they feel like one mini prologue arc getting wrapped and the true story beginning.

Gobrou’s journey from a newborn goblin to an ogre feels satisfying and I enjoyed the group dynamics with him rising to a leadership position in the village. Not to mention the military training aspect, preparing the other goblins for combat and totally changing the culture around the goblins, like with eating and sexually abusing human women

Speaking of human women, bro already has an interspecies harem going on lol. I’m interested in where this’ll go and just how strong Gobrou will get. I’d imagine at some point, he’ll have to branch out and form relations with the human villages around ala tensura which will be fun to see.

Animation isn’t the strongest, but the fights are surprisingly well done. Supporting characters are good and just an overall good time for now 👌
Marinate1016Apr 9, 4:17 PM
Apr 10, 12:38 AM

Jun 2016
not gonna lie !! this show is fucking gooodd
Apr 10, 2:03 AM

Dec 2018
The last thing anyone wanted was another isekai but it is nice to see it from this perspective. Not sure if I like the MC or not, we'll see how he leads the tribe.
Apr 10, 6:22 AM
Feb 2020
atrociously fast pacing, 10 chapters of manga, in 2 episodes, at least 18 of 35 days omitted.
Apr 10, 10:24 AM
Sep 2017
Tensei Shitara Slime - esque but with hot goblins? Why yes!
Apr 11, 9:50 AM
Oct 2018
They skipped a lot of the improvements that Rou achived and give no context of how he have weapons nor some spells, kinda sad :(
Apr 11, 9:53 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to Krazie316
I never thought the day would come where I would be the manga snob, but...It seems like, so far, I dig the manga more. So much is being sped over and more aggressive scenes cut out. Could it be because the anime is adapted from the LN instead? I know it's only been two episodes so I still have high hopes for it.
@Krazie316 The light novel is even more detailed, so it's only an anime thing...
Apr 11, 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like so much happened in this episode, I was wondering if it was a 40 minute one lol

Pretty fun tho
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Aug 2018
I came into expecting some wild Gobo love scenes, but so far it’s been milquetoast. What gives?
Apr 13, 6:03 PM

Nov 2012
How to make a boring as hell mc, make sure hes op by episode 2.
This just feels like that slime trash show except with goblins.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Apr 13, 9:16 PM
Apr 2021
makin keren, semoga ke depannya masih berlanjut transformasinya
Apr 14, 6:33 AM

Jul 2017
Gobrou encountering a group of goblins hoarding human women, though this is decided quickly by him assuming leadership and taking them under his rein to see them through, despite the natural temptation to mate with them. As the days pass into a month, Gobrou is still relentlessly trying to train the goblins, though the human women are easy to be attracted, leading Gobrou to take drastic measures as a hard-and-fast rule for his goblin village into meritocracy. Aside from new skills learnt, Gobrou...is acquiring a harem himself lols.

The training continues with Gobe being evolved into a Hobgoblin, which meant one more capable warrior alongside Gobrou, who ventures outside onto the northern woods, encountering a red bear. Any rational person would've fled, but not Gobrou to face it with his new skills, which led to the others worrying about him, most particularly Gobmi. As the battle rages, the fire-breathing bear is a beast to beat, and Gobrou takes his chances to also grow his skills and beat the bear, thereby consuming it to evolve further, from a Hobgoblin to an ogre.

Gobrou evolves to the chagrin of everyone.
Apr 15, 1:39 AM
Mar 2024
The fight is quite intense, the background music really increases the intensity, the MC analysis process for the opponent is not boring. The only drawback is that there is more MC analysis than real combat. so it feels like reading a story rather than watching an anime
Apr 15, 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
Gobrou harem is real. Red hair human girl is cute. Gobmi still best though. Cool action, if only the animation was good enough to compliment it. Gobrou already became an ogre.
Apr 15, 6:18 PM
Mar 2014
Disappointment with episode 2, they skipped soooooooo much details that was relevant to MC current evolution progress, also skipped a lot about everything else.
Apr 15, 9:24 PM

Jul 2008
This does feel like the show is rushing.

Also all the sex slaves killed themselves....let's just gloss over that.

And we have new ones....kinda.
Apr 16, 5:27 AM
Mar 2019
So, I suppose this is this season's Unwanted Undead Adventurer. But, it involves eating to evolve. Now Gobrou really has to leave his nest to get better.
Apr 16, 10:20 PM

Feb 2020
What the hell was this episode?? Ayo???
Apr 17, 11:30 PM
Oct 2019
The episode is cool, but I want to see it more and more delicious
Apr 18, 4:53 AM
Sep 2021
Goburou evolved into ogre after a fierce battle against the red bear. So, what will his next step be after this.
Apr 22, 1:22 PM
Dec 2021
Dept of the story is low even for the standards of the lowest ecchi animes. Seriously, few women were kidnaped, all of their party was killed, they were naked and raped. But no the next episode they are in love of the leader of the monsetrs, just because he didn't kill them, and show everything that humas have in spite of adventuring.
Apr 23, 11:34 AM
Oct 2022
Anti naive & anti Idiot
Apr 24, 6:24 AM
Apr 2022
I kinda like this fast-paced narrative ^^
May 22, 10:42 PM
Nov 2023
That fight with the so-called Red Bear was so epic. That got me hyped up, and I wasn't even sure he was going to win that fight from the size and strength of that bear alone! But with his human spirit existing inside him, he never gave up! That bear sure was a formidable foe! Also, after eating the corpse of the red bear, why was there a skill among the other skills he received named "God" but with other words censored? I sure wonder what it is. Maybe he evolved into "God of Goblins" or something?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1243075589976358993/1243075777025540126/image.png?ex=66502808&is=664ed688&hm=98e5c976c9518f14b72d1ea46ea75e2936bf99954606dfd58a5ea51ae34a83c2&

The hobgoblins and others he killed when they tried to r*pe the human women deserved the corporal punishment. Nice job Gobrou! If there are Goblin women anyways, why need to kidnap female humans? The goblins of this world sure are weird.

Also, these are scenes I got that somehow makes me feel so nostalgic. This anime has beautiful scenes ngl.
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1243075589976358993/1243075743219454012/image.png?ex=66502800&is=664ed680&hm=c6e12b099b96f657a9e6c2572d0aaf56444983ef3ce35c9bb444a7f706f46829&
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1243075589976358993/1243075754380754994/image.png?ex=66502803&is=664ed683&hm=012c2d4358c2fd0612207179d8c257be150c74be41c9c2313c83fe001f877c5e&
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1243075589976358993/1243075771069632522/image.png?ex=66502807&is=664ed687&hm=bc76c30241ca3dfe4343e296332929cd1c8e59877fd4ca560d3ae0c5af3cf8ca&
May 24, 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, He evolved to ogre XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 25, 10:51 PM

Feb 2021
They've been rushing through quite a lot to get to this part in just 2 episodes.
It didn't show Gobru talking to the humans in the cave and giving them the poison so they could kill themselves, it also didn't show him eating some of the humans, which is how he acquired the human language ability and was able to talk with those 5 girls. It also didn't show him killing kobolds or the slime, which is how he acquired the ability to shape-shift any part of his body.
Though they did a really good job with the red bear fight scene, since in the LN the fight is completely skipped and they cut to after the whole thing is done.

Krazie316 said:
Could it be because the anime is adapted from the LN instead?
The anime is rushing the LN too

Songani4 said:
The mangaka must be sad about what he's seeing
The author of this series is not a mangaka tho.
May 31, 5:25 AM
Nov 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
They've been rushing through quite a lot to get to this part in just 2 episodes.
It didn't show Gobru talking to the humans in the cave and giving them the poison so they could kill themselves, it also didn't show him eating some of the humans, which is how he acquired the human language ability and was able to talk with those 5 girls. It also didn't show him killing kobolds or the slime, which is how he acquired the ability to shape-shift any part of his body.
Though they did a really good job with the red bear fight scene, since in the LN the fight is completely skipped and they cut to after the whole thing is done.

Krazie316 said:
Could it be because the anime is adapted from the LN instead?
The anime is rushing the LN too

Songani4 said:
The mangaka must be sad about what he's seeing
The author of this series is not a mangaka tho.
@MadanielFL

When I said mangaka; I spoke in the sense of the person who created it; illustrator, writer or owner of the project/ideas. In fact, I feel that rush that you mentioned too.
Jun 5, 4:11 PM

May 2023
this isekai is realistic atleast which i like. really enjoying it so far
Jun 5, 6:44 PM

Nov 2019
Yo wtf is up with this lore? Goblins reproduce using human women?

Gobrou meets the older generation and defeats the leader with ease; He treats the human captives well and the defeated leader plots agains him. Gobrou makes an example out of the goblin leader and they die.

Gobrou gains several attributes from rare species like the tri horn unicorn animal and goes up against the legendary red bear (that Gobjii tells them to stay away from in their childhood days)

Decent episode, that human part gives goblin slayer vibes.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 10

30 by S2P_cinephile »»
9 hours ago

» Almost dropped this (episode 2 spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

145 by NoviSun »»
Jun 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

76 by frozen401 »»
Jun 11, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 3

87 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 10, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 27

28 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 10, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.