Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (124) « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Imaishi said:
are there also ghosts that are already born as ghosts?

Yes, they're born to balance the flow of souls, which is disrupted by hollows and quincies.
Also to breed stronger shinigami to protect soul society.
Byakuya should be born a ghost.
Jul 4, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
Imaishi said:
Hey, I've started Bleach few days ago and it's definitely a fun ride so far, I got what I expected. Simple and enjoyable, does it job well.

Anyway, I'm on episode 44 and there is a thing that's bugging me, so I need some explanation regarding the Soul Society and the living world.

Shinigami send Hollows and Pluses to the Soul Society, right? So the residents of Rukongai are basically dead people, but are there also ghosts that are already born as ghosts? I mean, Rukia and Renji grew up there, right? Already as a ghosts. They have never been alive?

Rukia died a human, then passed on. Renji too I'm assuming, since they were all looking for their families in Rukongai.

And like Introver hinted at, there is a cycle of rebirth involved. In reality, Soul Society is no different to the Human Realm bar the fact that it's made of Reishi (spiritual particles) while the Human Realm is composed of Kishi (i.e atoms basically). People are born in both worlds and go back and forth between the two as they die in each. So being born in SS as is the case with Noble families like Byakuya's doesn't mean you never were alive. They're both "living" worlds, with just earthly beings in one, and spiritual beings in the other, and souls getting recycled from each world.
Jul 4, 2015 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
Imaishi said:
Hey, I've started Bleach few days ago and it's definitely a fun ride so far, I got what I expected. Simple and enjoyable, does it job well.

Anyway, I'm on episode 44 and there is a thing that's bugging me, so I need some explanation regarding the Soul Society and the living world.

Shinigami send Hollows and Pluses to the Soul Society, right? So the residents of Rukongai are basically dead people, but are there also ghosts that are already born as ghosts? I mean, Rukia and Renji grew up there, right? Already as a ghosts. They have never been alive?

Enjoy it while it lasts. The beginning is the best part of Bleach.
Jul 4, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Imaishi said:

The arancar arc is the best part IMO, but the soul society arc was really fun too.
Jul 4, 2015 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:

Ewww
Another bleach hating sheep :(

Compared to one piece slow ass pacing and naruto fillers, bleach is a godsend.
It's just that most of the bleach fans are mature adults and are just waiting for the anime to come back.
Because we will wait years for a quality anime instead of a cheaply done anime.
Jul 4, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Ewww

It's just that most of the bleach fans are mature adults and are just waiting for the anime to come back.
Maybe he means to say it was a masterpiece at the start but is still great but that it won't be around after another few years so we have to treat it sort of as our book of revelation.
Jul 4, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Ewww

So which part of my post was hating on Bleach? Fanboys assume everything. And you needed to shit on the other two to boost your morale. But that part was probably trolling so whatever.

SS arc was a masterpiece compared to Arrancar arc.
Jul 4, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
Imaishi said:

Turn Back the Pendulum was as good as Soul Society arc although it wasn't as action packed.
Jul 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Sep 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
So which part of my post was hating on Bleach? Fanboys assume everything. And you needed to shit on the other two to boost your morale. But that part was probably trolling so whatever.

The usual "bleach ss arc is good and the rest is sht" herd mentality from your post. This is a big 3 thread so what else will I compare it with?
The only parts that weren't better than ss arc were the fodder arrancar fights.
Jul 4, 2015 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
ichii_1 said:

There sure were a lot of them
Jul 4, 2015 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know, I kind liked the Arrancar arc. I don't think Soul Society is that much better than it, except for pacing.
Jul 4, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
What day does Dragon Ball super start?
Jul 4, 2015 2:40 PM

Aug 2013
sullynathan said:
Tomorrow the 5th.
Jul 4, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
sullynathan said:
Tomorrow the 5th.

I'm not having high expectation for this. Its a good thing though.
Jul 4, 2015 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
keragamming said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Tomorrow the 5th.

I'm not having high expectation for this. Its a good thing though.
I have my fingers crossed. AT being heavily involved and the anime not following a manga so as to have no need for fillers gives me hope. The only things I'm worried about is the whole idea of retelling Battle of Gods and the possibility of Toei cheaping out with the animation.
Jul 4, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2012
@DrGero

Was that whole "100 episodes" rumor ever confirmed?
Jul 4, 2015 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Kaimon said:
@DrGero

Was that whole "100 episodes" rumor ever confirmed?
No, Toei hasn't revealed episode count as yet.
Jul 4, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

The arancar arc is the best part IMO, but the soul society arc was really fun too.

Both are really great,
but the first one was memorable
Jul 4, 2015 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
3 arcs in 100 episodes seems legit to me.
Jul 4, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
I'm not a Vegeta fan but I can't wait for this episode.

Onward to the Promised Resort! Vegeta Goes on a Family Trip?!

babymimi said:
I guess so but 60 to me would be a better number. 20 episodes each arc.
DrGeroCreationJul 4, 2015 3:58 PM
Jul 4, 2015 4:09 PM

Dec 2012
Vegeta better have a lot of spotlights e.e
Jul 4, 2015 4:26 PM

Jun 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
I'm not a Vegeta fan but I can't wait for this episode.

Onward to the Promised Resort! Vegeta Goes on a Family Trip?!

babymimi said:
I guess so but 60 to me would be a better number. 20 episodes each arc.

I hope the BoG arc lasts about 15-20 eps, I'm not so excited about this one. The rest I don't care, as long as it's not too slow paced.

Vegeta must defeat a major villain this time. But apparently Akira Toriyama doesn't like him so I'm not expecting any impressive feats from him.
Jul 4, 2015 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
@babymimi I just can't wait for when they arrive in the other universe and begin looking for the other Dragon Balls. People kind of over exaggerate that. AT even if he dislikes Vegeta has always given him a lot of focus. For me I'm not that interested in Vegeta I'm more hoping for Piccolo and the human z fighters to get some kind of attention. I haven't seen Resurrection of F yet but it was good how the human z fighters actually took part in the fighting.
Jul 4, 2015 5:12 PM

Jun 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
@babymimi I just can't wait for when they arrive in the other universe and begin looking for the other Dragon Balls. People kind of over exaggerate that. AT even if he dislikes Vegeta has always given him a lot of focus. For me I'm not that interested in Vegeta I'm more hoping for Piccolo and the human z fighters to get some kind of attention. I haven't seen Resurrection of F yet but it was good how the human z fighters actually took part in the fighting.

Yes, that's why I hope the whole thing about re-telling the BoG story is as short as possible. I don't mind the Frieza arc since I haven't seen the movie yet (I may watch it next year at this rate). He does get a lot of screentime but he never really defeated a main villain. For someone who trains that much you'd think he would've caught up on Goku by now but no. I agree about the Piccolo part, I don't care for the human z fighters anymore honestly. I hope Piccolo does more than just saving Gohan like in every movies.
Jul 4, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2013
babymimi said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Yes, that's why I hope the whole thing about re-telling the BoG story is as short as possible. I don't mind the Frieza arc since I haven't seen the movie yet (I may watch it next year at this rate). He does get a lot of screentime but he never really defeated a main villain. For someone who trains that much you'd think he would've caught up on Goku by now but no. I agree about the Piccolo part, I don't care for the human z fighters anymore honestly. I hope Piccolo does more than just saving Gohan like in every movies.
I hope it isn't long as well. Vegeta even though by himself he hasn't defeated a villain he has been influential in their defeat. He helped distract Cell so Gohan could land the finishing blow and it was his plan that led to Kid Buu's defeat. Also in Resurrection of F he has caught up with Goku. The reason he wasn't able to catch up with Goku before is because he never trained under any of the Kais or anyone for that matter, he always trained alone. Resurrection of F changed that because he was willing to train under a sensei like Goku. I don't care for Yamcha , Chiaotzu , Yajirobe but I want to see more of Tien, Krillin and Master Roshi.
Jul 4, 2015 6:14 PM

Jun 2012
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh. welp

And I guess it was streaming early(?) and some of my friends managed to catch it, apparently it's big on the SOL/Family theme, so far at least.
Jul 4, 2015 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Kaimon said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh. welp

And I guess it was streaming early(?) and some of my friends managed to catch it, apparently it's big on the SOL/Family theme, so far at least.
Not sure I haven't seen it yet. Going by what AT said that makes sense. It's 6 months after the Buu fight so it would start off with cool down episodes. You know those episodes in every battle shonen after a big fight where the characters are just chilling until the next arc begins.
Jul 4, 2015 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
It's 6 months after the Buu fight so it would start off with cool down episodes. You know those episodes in every battle shonen after a big fight where the characters are just chilling until the next arc begins.

That might be it but I still wouldn't mind if the whole show was SOL/Comedy, it's one of AT's strengths that he doesn't get enough credit for, Dr. Slump was hilarious

Unrelated note but it looks like Ed and Al's mom is going to voice Hancock in the One Piece dub

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-04/funimation-reveals-dub-cast-for-one-piece-season-7/.90075

I was sorta hoping they'd grab Laura Bailey but oh well
Jul 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Aug 2013
Kaimon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
It's 6 months after the Buu fight so it would start off with cool down episodes. You know those episodes in every battle shonen after a big fight where the characters are just chilling until the next arc begins.

That might be it but I still wouldn't mind if the whole show was SOL/Comedy, it's one of AT's strengths that he doesn't get enough credit for, Dr. Slump was hilarious
I agree that is one of his greatest strengths but I would only want that for one arc not the entire show.
Jul 4, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

The usual "bleach ss arc is good and the rest is sht" herd mentality from your post. This is a big 3 thread so what else will I compare it with?

So does me liking the SS arc more than anything in the show make me look like I feel the rest of it were shit? Sure...

I never even stated the the Arrancar arc was utter garbage. All I said was the SS arc was the best part of Bleach. Good heavens.
Jul 4, 2015 10:31 PM

Jun 2014
^ichi didn't play enough when he was a kid so he's trying to compensate that by trolling you.

Lord, the third version of the Big three thread is incredibly boring, and no one seems to be respecting the rules anymore.
Jul 4, 2015 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
Agafin said:
]
Lord, the third version of the Big three thread is incredibly boring, and no one seems to be respecting the rules anymore.

Cause it went from general battle shounen thread to big 3 thread.
Bleach taking it's time for a better quality show.
One piece being slow as sht/mediocre.
Naruto with endless filler.
Jul 5, 2015 2:07 AM
Dec 2013
Congratulations to One Piece for reaching its 700th episode.
Jul 5, 2015 2:23 AM

Sep 2014
I really don't like any of the big three or any long running shounen do to filler and other garbage. But if I had to chose one bleach up until the end of the soul society arc.
Jul 5, 2015 7:33 AM

Jun 2012
Agafin said:

Just make it a club like O/U, re-open a manga thread, and everything will be back in order. The 'Big 3 only' rule hardly gets enforced in here anyway.
Jul 5, 2015 10:33 AM
Oct 2013
Just done watching Dragon Ball super. The Big 3´s Dad is back again.

Does anybody remember Mr Satan being that honorable?
Anyway it´s a nice layer to his character if I didt miss it during Z.
I mean the guy was just a total goof before and what´s with the severe design change, he was massively beefy in Z and now he looks like his head is half of his size.

Also looks like that´s where Toei´s animation budget One Piece goes. Here and into Sailor Moon.
IsterioJul 5, 2015 10:36 AM
Jul 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
For a TOEI anime.......DBZ Super actually looks okay. And I'd just when I pulled out my Anti-TOEI Bible again
Jul 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Dec 2012
ichii_1 said:
Bleach taking it's time for a better quality show.

Keeping the dream alive.
Jul 5, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
Kaimon said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Unrelated note but it looks like Ed and Al's mom is going to voice Hancock in the One Piece dub

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-04/funimation-reveals-dub-cast-for-one-piece-season-7/.90075

I was sorta hoping they'd grab Laura Bailey but oh well

I keep on forgetting that the dub is that close. Not sure I feel the voice is fitting though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 7, 2015 4:12 AM

Nov 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-EE_ZEWTlc

crackpot theory time, togashi is illuminati confirmed
Jul 7, 2015 4:14 AM

Aug 2014
Dahaka_ said:

Fun theory, watched it this morning. But the sheer thought of Togashi degrading himself to TG is very laughable.
Poltergeist18Jul 7, 2015 4:19 AM
Jul 7, 2015 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
Poltergeist18 said:
Dahaka_ said:

I find it hard to believe that Togashi would degrade himself from HxH to TG. Still, interesting conspiracy. Watch it already this morning.

More like he upgraded after the heinous CA arc ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 7, 2015 4:23 AM

Aug 2014
tsudecimo said:
Poltergeist18 said:

I find it hard to believe that Togashi would degrade himself from HxH to TG. Still, interesting conspiracy. Watch it already this morning.

More like he upgraded after the heinous CA arc ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Heh, but even if it was true, he'd just have more work since neither of the works are tied up. Especially HxH, the disjointedness of the arcs in it will be his downfall. Maybe he already gave up.
Poltergeist18Jul 7, 2015 4:27 AM
Jul 7, 2015 4:34 AM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:

I just watched it.

Did ou know that Seth McFarlane was supposted to be on the 9/11 flight?
But he cancelled his booking.

Do you also know that Seth McFarlane is a jew?
Togashi Jew confirmed he´s one of the shapeshifting lizardmen!
OPEN YOUR EYES!
Jul 7, 2015 4:36 AM

Aug 2014
Isterio said:
Dahaka_ said:

I just watched it.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

EVERYTHING IS SO FUCKING CLEAR NOW!
Jul 7, 2015 4:39 AM

Jun 2014
Poltergeist18 said:
Dahaka_ said:

Fun theory, watched it this morning. But the sheer thought of Togashi degrading himself to TG is very laughable.

?
Tokyo Ghoul is not bad.
Jul 7, 2015 4:43 AM
Oct 2013
Poltergeist18 said:
Isterio said:

I just watched it.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

EVERYTHING IS SO FUCKING CLEAR NOW!

Jokes aside everyhing is possible till proven otherwise, it is possible but unlikely we didn´t get to see officially Kishi´s face till Naruto ended and Oda took also around 10 years to release a picture. It´s nothing special for mangaka to hide their faces.
Jul 7, 2015 4:43 AM

Aug 2014
Agafin said:
Poltergeist18 said:

?
Tokyo Ghoul is not bad.

Well, in my case it was. It wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.
Jul 7, 2015 4:53 AM

Jun 2014
Poltergeist18 said:
Agafin said:

?
Tokyo Ghoul is not bad.

Well, in my case it was. It wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.

It's no HxH but decent at the very least imo, and I'm talking about the anime which is considered inferior to the manga by most. But I can't see Togashi writing it though.
Jul 7, 2015 4:59 AM

Feb 2013

What, you mean the same Sui Ishida that releases a chapter weekly or so?? Bullshit!

Now Togashi is Kentaro Miura...........That's a theory I can wrap my head around
Pages (124) « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How tall is you favorite character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 13

67 by juanlqr »»
21 seconds ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

39 by JaniSIr »»
7 minutes ago

» Favorite word

JoeChip - Yesterday

35 by Shirayukin »»
7 minutes ago

» What cartoon did you come to learn was actually anime

JaniSIr - Yesterday

34 by LoveYourSmile »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - Yesterday

44 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.