Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
Xaliuss said:
ssjokg said:
Xaliuss said:
Sugou is ALO admin, but he doesn't often visit the game, and as he is not the developer of Cardinal system he doesn't know many details, and he can't freely change the code, he just have admin privileges. That's the reason of most of his mistakes.

If he had much power over the Cardinal system

It's because he didn't know everything about the system.
That's what I mean.
Nov 25, 2012 12:53 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

The system fucking up and make Kirito appear near Lyfa's position,instead of his starting city,because Suguha logged in at the same time.

When did we learn that?
We have already said that the anime is a shitty adaptation with no info dumps to cover up plotholes.

Weird thing is I never saw anyone asking about that scene....

But HEY we have fanservice...>_>

We haven't been at that part yet.
Nov 25, 2012 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Although I expected, they really left out Jotunheimr. Well, it could just be an OVA.
A good episode overall, not that exciting yet though. Next episode against countless enemies!!
Signature
Nov 25, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
whatever123456 said:
ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

The system fucking up and make Kirito appear near Lyfa's position,instead of his starting city,because Suguha logged in at the same time.

When did we learn that?
We have already said that the anime is a shitty adaptation with no info dumps to cover up plotholes.

Weird thing is I never saw anyone asking about that scene....

But HEY we have fanservice...>_>

We haven't been at that part yet.

Assuming that they will talk about it....I learned to not expect much from A-1 for SAO.
ssjokgNov 25, 2012 1:06 PM
Nov 25, 2012 1:04 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:

Assuming that they will talk about it....I learned not expect much form A-1 for SAO.

I don't expect much either, but there is no point in complaining about something before we see the part in question.
Nov 25, 2012 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
whatever123456 said:
ssjokg said:

Assuming that they will talk about it....I learned not expect much form A-1 for SAO.

I don't expect much either, but there is no point in complaining about something before we see the part in question.
The budget will most likely go to
Nov 25, 2012 1:09 PM

Mar 2011
whatever123456 said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Another good episode. Although the tentacle part was uhh interesting?..

I really want to see the reaction when they learn who each other is. Can't wait for next week, but only four episodes left :(.

I really want to read the light novels now, but they are only in Japanese currently, unless I am mistaken? How are the manga(s) compared to the anime?

Most of the LNs are translated, you can find them on Baka-Tsuki or nyaa. The manga is bad.

Oh thank you, I never expected them to be translated online, I will have a look =D.

MarkusEA said:

And there's something I've been wondering about for a looong time. Leafa, is that Kirito's sister IRL? the ''onii-chan'' part when she logged in crying beside him made me even more confused. THX in advance!

Yes, I thought it showed that she was (unless I am mistaken). but neither of them know that yet.

As for those saying that the anime is bad, and has plot holes and so on. Yes it does, but that is often the case in anime. From a perspective of only watching the anime, I think the anime is enjoyable despite the plot holes and cheesy parts to it. Although I am sure the light novels are far superior.

It is the same in most media, when any visual media is made from a written one (books to movies, manga/novels to anime etc), 9 times out of 10 the final product is not a true adaptation to the source material.

Is this anime a good adaptation of the source material? Probably not
Is it a enjoyable anime in its own right despite its flaws? imo yes.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 25, 2012 1:41 PM

Dec 2010
How does it make any sense for the scientists to have slug-like tentacle monster avatars?

and Sugu should really learn to put on some porper pants, especially when it's cold outside
Nov 25, 2012 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
ShiroX said:
How does it make any sense for the scientists to have slug-like tentacle monster avatars?

It doesnt.Sugou's ego must be kept high at all times.
Nov 25, 2012 1:44 PM
May 2011
TehWhiteTiger said:
whatever123456 said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
Another good episode. Although the tentacle part was uhh interesting?..

I really want to see the reaction when they learn who each other is. Can't wait for next week, but only four episodes left :(.

I really want to read the light novels now, but they are only in Japanese currently, unless I am mistaken? How are the manga(s) compared to the anime?

Most of the LNs are translated, you can find them on Baka-Tsuki or nyaa. The manga is bad.

Oh thank you, I never expected them to be translated online, I will have a look =D.

MarkusEA said:

And there's something I've been wondering about for a looong time. Leafa, is that Kirito's sister IRL? the ''onii-chan'' part when she logged in crying beside him made me even more confused. THX in advance!

Yes, I thought it showed that she was (unless I am mistaken). but neither of them know that yet.

As for those saying that the anime is bad, and has plot holes and so on. Yes it does, but that is often the case in anime. From a perspective of only watching the anime, I think the anime is enjoyable despite the plot holes and cheesy parts to it. Although I am sure the light novels are far superior.

It is the same in most media, when any visual media is made from a written one (books to movies, manga/novels to anime etc), 9 times out of 10 the final product is not a true adaptation to the source material.

Is this anime a good adaptation of the source material? Probably not
Is it a enjoyable anime in its own right despite its flaws? imo yes.

I thought that leafa (I don't remember her irl name) knew that kirito in the game was her brother? :S

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Nov 25, 2012 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
MarkusEA said:

I thought that leafa (I don't remember her irl name) knew that kirito in the game was her brother? :S

No she doesnt.Neither does he know that she is Suguha.They have no reason to know it.Their avatars and voices look similar to us only.
Nov 25, 2012 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
Incest, loli, tsundere and now (pink slug) tentacle rape--This has it all!Anime of the year right here folks, 10/10.
Seriously the minute I saw those 2 slug guys I burst out laughing.How can people take this shit seriously?
Nov 25, 2012 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:
I think that he talks about the bug or that Asuna stole the sys admin key

The bug is actually a good thing, nice use of the game setting here. But those scientists were fucking stupid. They were lucky enough to catch Asuna before she escaped, you'd expect they would be more vigilant, but... No.

They weren't security guards or anything and acted completely reasonable. They contacted Sugou after they caught Asuna and followed his orders.
They still allowed her to take the key. Thats the problem.Everything else was ok.
Just wondering WTF will the key do and how does it impact whether she would take it or missed taking it on the future of the show?

I am curious of that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 25, 2012 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

The bug is actually a good thing, nice use of the game setting here. But those scientists were fucking stupid. They were lucky enough to catch Asuna before she escaped, you'd expect they would be more vigilant, but... No.

They weren't security guards or anything and acted completely reasonable. They contacted Sugou after they caught Asuna and followed his orders.
They still allowed her to take the key. Thats the problem.Everything else was ok.
Just wondering WTF will the key do and how does it impact whether she would take it or missed taking it on the future of the show?

I am curious of that.
We probably need 2 more eps for that.
Nov 25, 2012 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ssjokg said:
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

I am curious of that.
We probably need 2 more eps for that.
Oh I see, smart then. I mean the whole thing as it goes.

Nov 25, 2012 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
Well,there it is,a good suggestion for those hentai girls raped by tentacles: bite!
Nov 25, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty obvious Asuna wouldn't be able to escape that easily. That tentacle stuff was a little unnecessary.

Poor Suguha. Now she's seen Asuna in real life she really knows she doesn't have a chance. But damn it; it only takes one time of him mentioning the name 'Asuna' ingame for her to realize he's Kazuto. Why do they spread it out so long?

Yui sensed Asuna up there! I'm looking forward to seeing Kirito making his way up there.

Nov 25, 2012 3:03 PM

Aug 2009
Onyxthegreat said:

But damn it; it only takes one time of him mentioning the name 'Asuna' ingame for her to realize he's Kazuto. Why do they spread it out so long?
I am pretty sure that
Nov 25, 2012 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
O.M.G.. Now that was what I would call a great episode; the previous ones aren't even be comparable IMO O:
But dang, Asuna! You were so close! But now you can see Kirito in the game! That ending.. Total cliffhanger! Kyaa! Can't wait for the next episode! Hopefully Kirito and Asuna will finally see each other^^
Nov 25, 2012 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
BACK TO THE BIRDCAGE YOU GO ASUNA.
Nov 25, 2012 3:41 PM
Nov 2009
Suguha is annoying :(

I want to like this series but idk why I'm just starting to get irritated by some characters.

and WHY Asuna WHYYY??? Finally got out of the cage just to get caught again -.-
Nov 25, 2012 4:11 PM
Sep 2012
whatever123456 said:
AiCon said:
It was obvious from the moment Sugou told Kirito that he was the one keeping her trapped that the girl on the picture is Asuna.

And when would that be? Could you please stop being retarded?
So I made one mistake with an episode that I saw well over a month ago and you immediately launch into a personal attack. All the others that I debated were respectful enough argue with me without having to resort to personal attacks. You didn't even try to counter what I originally stated along with your personal attack.

Does it really hurt in your butt that I dare blaspheme your beloved Kirito over that one incident?

Anyways, I'm bored with this argument. Believe what ever you want. For the record, I actually like the episode and I do find SAO somewhat entertaining so I'm not some random hater.
IconicNov 25, 2012 5:46 PM
Nov 25, 2012 4:18 PM
Nov 2012
transcendent12 said:
lol rly, hentai tentacles... They must have really tried to put that in some how... was so random.
^^
Nov 25, 2012 4:24 PM
Aug 2012
It seems the more popular youtubers have taken to shitting on SAO.

Good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TPpq2HRx98
Nov 25, 2012 5:45 PM

Apr 2012
Dessiato said:

Good.

Don't need Youtubers. The show is shitting on itself.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 25, 2012 6:01 PM
Dec 2009
I personally found this episode ok.

Things I liked about this episode:
- Discussion about continuing education on the bus
- Suguha's enthusiasm in becoming Kazuto's tutor / his counter, regarding maths/data processing (with added sly expression)
- Leafa crying: Facial expression + voice acting.
- Leafa reaction upon seeing the Cait Sith & Gnome(?) couple; reminded me of Kirito & Silica upon arriving at the garden in SAO
- Yui detecting Asuna -> Kirito's reaction (expression, ignoring Leafa, rocketing off) after ascertaining Asuna's location. Guess he'll just fall back down and create another crater again, but he'll be fine; he's probably built up high Resistance to Stupid Semi-Impulsive Falls anyway (Crystal Dragon lair x2 @SAO, 1st arrival @ALO, saving Leafa, arriving at Sylph town, undoubtedly many more)

Things I would have liked / improved:
- Asuna doing more before being recaptured. I keep reading about Tonkii / Jotunheim in various posts, so I shall look forward to reading the LNs once I have time
- More interaction with the town/townsfolk/players/npcs would have been nice
- No cliff hanger / battle scenes NAO. Because I'm impatient and greedy ^__^

Questions probably better left unasked:
- Why didn't Kirito buy a 2nd sword at any of the previous towns, to better utilize his skill at dual wielding (Even without system assist dual wield bonus / extra skills)
- Are there no pots / crystals in ALO?

Overall Personal Satisfaction / Random Rant:
- 75%
- I saw no annoying apparent animation inconsistencies, music was nice as per usual, they dealt with some IRL stuff which I like every now and then.
- Lack of any (combat) fighting scenes makes me sad (counterbalanced by actual progress towards bird cage).
- Hologram/Brain room was interesting; Map was interesting; admin terminal was interesting.
- Slugs/tentacles was a bit overused/unnecessary, but at least for me it allowed Asuna's character to be portrayed as not just a useless damsel in distress like she has been the whole time, and determined to escape (biting, toes reaching towards console / toes stealing key card). Seems like she really needs a sword in her hands to be effective though =(
- Each ALO episode makes me want to just read the LNs asap and see what happens in the big "surprise" (Suguha finding out Kirito = Kazuto). And I guess saving Asuna is important...
Nov 25, 2012 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
Malkinor said:
I keep reading about Tonkii / Jotunheim in various posts, so I shall look forward to reading the LNs once I have time

You don't need to worry about Jotunheimr that much though, since it doesn't add any development to the current Arc. But it's supposed to be a "quest starter" for another Sidestory, "The Caliber SS". It's just about the strongest sword in ALO that Kirito won't use that much.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 25, 2012 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
Malkinor said:

- Why didn't Kirito buy a 2nd sword at any of the previous towns, to better utilize his skill at dual wielding (Even without system assist dual wield bonus / extra skills)

Not enough money.He needs a sword with at least the same stats of his won sword.Hegave most of his money to the two Lords.If they can afford only for a cheap inn then it means they dont have much left.

I dont remember about crystals but potions do exist.

And Asuna actually did something important by taking that keycard with her.
Nov 25, 2012 6:10 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Malkinor said:

Not enough money.He needs a sword with at least the same stats of his won sword.Hegave most of his money to the two Lords.If they can afford only for a cheap inn then it means they dont have much left.

I think Malkinor meant the towns before he gave his money.
Nov 25, 2012 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
Malkinor said:

I think Malkinor meant the towns before he gave his money.

He used dual wielding out of desperation.He didnt think that it could be used before that fight or he didnt think that he would go through all that shit to reach the Tree..If Eugene didnt have Gram, but a normal sword with no abilities, then he wouldnt need to use 2 swords to defend and attack at the same time. himself.
ssjokgNov 25, 2012 6:31 PM
Nov 25, 2012 6:23 PM

Apr 2012
This episode is pretty horrid LOL
Tentacle rape really? LOL
At least the story progressed I guess. They finally confirmed Asuna's location and she got the keycard after being raped LOL (Sorry still can't get over it). Oh right more wincest moments LOL

Nov 25, 2012 6:45 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
ShiroX said:

It doesnt.Sugou's ego must be kept high at all times.

seems that way
seriously, that was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in this anime

Dessiato said:

Good.

that was brilliant
every line was fucking hilarious XD
Nov 25, 2012 7:10 PM

May 2012
I voted 5/5

A like anime with good plot. I also like ecchi animes. This anime combines both.
Nov 25, 2012 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
entertaining but sooo many plot holes and fails everywhere D;

slimy octopus thing scene was super awk to watch...especially when a tentacle shaped like an AHUM was right beside her mouth >_<
Nov 25, 2012 9:33 PM

Oct 2012
Malkinor said:

- Asuna doing more before being recaptured.
Actually this annoyed me more than anything. I hate this kind of plot device. She used her time going around saying, "I have to save these virtual brains" when she could've dashed out of there quick, and either logged out or teleported to any random location. I hate it when in any anime or movie when a character hesitates on something so obvious, and because of that hesitation, something bad happens.

Imagine if you were running from some criminals. Then just when you're given the opportunity to get away, you see an old lady and you help her walk across the street. Then you get captured. That's how I feel about Asuna.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 25, 2012 9:34 PM

Sep 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Dessiato said:

Good.

Don't need Youtubers. The show is shitting on itself.

Fair enough, I don't mind it..
Anyway, that video.. As the person 4 posts above me said:
ShiroX said:
every line was fucking hilarious XD

I agree!

And ye tentacles, for a second I almost mistook this for a normal cartoon.
Nov 25, 2012 9:40 PM

Aug 2011
More 1/5 scores than normal this week. Awesome.
Nov 25, 2012 10:31 PM

Jun 2010
I think the tentacles pretty much just stopped me from dropping the series.

On a serious note: this seemed to have all gone downhill for me as soon as they removed the real death aspect.
Nov 25, 2012 11:21 PM
Sep 2012
Brevity said:
I think the tentacles pretty much just stopped me from dropping the series.

On a serious note: this seemed to have all gone downhill for me as soon as they removed the real death aspect.
If you like the tentacles then you'll probably like what will happen later on - from what I've heard.
Nov 25, 2012 11:38 PM

Sep 2010
tentacles, idiot sister that loves her brother and stuff, fail escapes, almost as good as your average harem.

quality episode again D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2012 12:57 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh. The God Class monster chapter was skipped. They're probably gonna do a blu-ray about it. I was really looking forward to that getting animating... :(

4 more episodes. 2 more to finish ALO arc, at most. Then wut? GGO arc coming next? They can't do it in 3 episodes...
Nov 26, 2012 3:04 AM
Oct 2012
AiCon said:
whatever123456 said:
AiCon said:
It was obvious from the moment Sugou told Kirito that he was the one keeping her trapped that the girl on the picture is Asuna.

And when would that be? Could you please stop being retarded?
So I made one mistake with an episode that I saw well over a month ago and you immediately launch into a personal attack. All the others that I debated were respectful enough argue with me without having to resort to personal attacks. You didn't even try to counter what I originally stated along with your personal attack.

Does it really hurt in your butt that I dare blaspheme your beloved Kirito over that one incident?

Anyways, I'm bored with this argument. Believe what ever you want. For the record, I actually like the episode and I do find SAO somewhat entertaining so I'm not some random hater.

You should review the facts carefully before you complain about something. Your claim is completely invalid and this time not even the flawed adaption is to be blamed. I didn't attack you in any way.

What does that have to do with anything? You claim 1+1=3, I tell you that you are wrong and you infer that I'm butthurt over something unrelated because I corrected you?

EstelleBright said:
More 1/5 scores than normal this week. Awesome.

Dessiato said:

Good.

Funny how butthurt people are over an anime they dislike being popular.
A normal reaction to disliking something would be dropping it, but instead you shitpost here every week. Oh well.

Edit: Your example wasn't the best one since that guy even likes SAO and just wanted to make fun of the tentacles.
whatever123456Nov 26, 2012 3:12 AM
Nov 26, 2012 3:09 AM

Sep 2012
Dessiato said:

Good.

Those guys took their time. It's like beating a dead horse. I don't see any reasons to hate on SAO anymore, even the anime staff don't try anymore and add fanservice at every occasion, when it was barely there during the first part.
Nov 26, 2012 3:25 AM

Aug 2009
meepsheep said:
entertaining but sooo many plot holes and fails everywhere D;

slimy octopus thing scene was super awk to watch...especially when a tentacle shaped like an AHUM was right beside her mouth >_<

Just curious about what the plothole was in this ep.I can think of 1 and that is because of how they skipped an entire chapter.

Genix said:
Ugh. The God Class monster chapter was skipped. They're probably gonna do a blu-ray about it. I was really looking forward to that getting animating... :(

4 more episodes. 2 more to finish ALO arc, at most. Then wut? GGO arc coming next? They can't do it in 3 episodes...

You serious?The next 4 are all ALO.
Nov 26, 2012 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
http://thecartdriver.com/sword-art-online-episode-21-of-giant-tentacle-slugs-and-men/

It's almost as good as SAO.

Actually it is even better.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 26, 2012 11:28 AM

Nov 2008
Why ending it with a cliffhanger?!!

I don't like where things are going with Suguha, she will end up depressed on both worlds.
Nov 26, 2012 11:29 AM

Nov 2008
Why ending it with a cliffhanger?!!

I don't like where things are going with Suguha, she will end up depressed on both worlds.
Nov 26, 2012 2:59 PM
Jun 2008
I feel sorry for suguha.

I liked how Kirito took off without saying a word to her though.
Nov 26, 2012 3:46 PM

Oct 2010
Renzokuken said:
I feel sorry for suguha.
When you see her:

like that, it's all depressive and sadness. By the end of the series lots will feel sorry for her.

Sure her acting and stuff was not the best and some hatred she got but her feelings are quite genuine IMO.

Nov 26, 2012 4:11 PM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Renzokuken said:
I feel sorry for suguha.
When you see her:

like that, it's all depressive and sadness. By the end of the series lots will feel sorry for her.

I won't, she will eventually find someone else and her relationship with him will be less akward that the relationship she would have with Kirito anyway.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 15, 2012

903 by stverc »»
Yesterday, 5:13 AM

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

106 by Owlblocks »»
Yesterday, 12:04 AM

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

20 by Swyzen »»
Jun 14, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.