Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 7, 2018 5:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Of this episode 00, I am a little disappointed with the characters draws, I prefer the before!!
The development it was not a surprise because it´s High School DxD and all can happens!!! lol and it was more logic that the before series, because in the insane is the normality!!! lol
Aug 8, 2018 7:14 PM

May 2012
Oppai really does save men! Pretty funny yet ecchi special episode before the new season! Looking quite forwards to see this season and all the characters again!
Aug 28, 2018 2:43 AM

Mar 2015
I was wondering why I was a bit confused, thanks for clarifying!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 31, 2018 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
lmao, Rias tits are officially a kill switch.
Sep 6, 2018 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
So I got mixed feelings, but the biggest mistake is Rias face :(
Its not my waifu anymore ;/ ok she changed hair color (its not crimson red anymore) I can accept that, barely but can. But her face is chubby now (especially chin) and sometimes longer :(
The problem for me is that I first started to watch season one anime, then novel, then season 2,3 and now 4, also I don't think she looks like Rias from novel they even changed her eyes to bigger ones;/
Still I can say that they made Rias ok few times for example when she was looking at juggernaut drive Issei and Kiba came to Rias. If they make it like that or better in next episodes I will be happy.

Other characters are not so bad. Issei is ok, Koneko is good, Akeno is also ok. The mouth and smile style of characters is better in Passione. Irina was only a little better in TNK, but Xenovia from TNK was totally better.

The animation is better in Passione version, I like how characters are more lively and not stationary as in TNK, but I am not sure about battle animation both were good.
Colors were way better in TNK, characters art style was better in TNK, background style is better Passione, climatic scenes art been better in TNK it gave more depth and emotions.

I fully understand that some f***er big boss in TNK changed the scenario, and he should be fired/fined or whatever and then it would be better for TNK animators to continue :( Too bad that Ishibumi was forced to changed animators and that he found Passione. I rly hope they will fix Rias, because that is actually only thing that bothers me.
Thyriad-oPPailovSep 6, 2018 10:00 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Eh that was alright I guess.
Pretty much a recap though with some slight differences.
Sep 21, 2019 1:32 AM
Jan 2017
i know its gonna be bad series of dxd series but i never thought its would be this bad..
a total different studio making this series losing the dxd soul and i think its weird adaptation.. the character change and story too.. its very uncool..
3/10
May 1, 2020 4:44 PM

Mar 2010
This was actually pretty good. I enjoyed how they played the oppai song and like a real thot Rias takes her top off and shows her breasts. I still don't understand why their enemy helped them.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2020 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
Soooooo, this kinda caught me off guard. It basically connects last season with the new one I guess? I don't remember much about the ending of last season anyway, but reading my responses back then I really hated the ending. So this version seems much better, glad they made this episode.
GatorMay 5, 2020 1:25 PM
Nov 25, 2020 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
Shalba Beelzebub.
Diodora dead.
Juggernaut Drive!
Dat Divide.
Akeno and Xenovia oppai.
BOOSTO!
Longinus Smasher!
Vali with Asia.
Rias oppai?
Song?
Irina.
Oppai Dragon!
Irina nipples on point. lol at Vali.
Rias oppai! Sugoi!
Dat poke.
Great Red. Dragon of Dragon. DxD.
Orphis.
Azazel.
Who is that?
The true Longinus?
They got 1st place.
Dat kiss.
Dat I love you.
Issei falls with a smile.

A great recap with the correct content. The character designs are good and Rias oppai looked lovely. Looking forward to the next episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 13, 2021 7:34 AM

Apr 2020
Lol the tit song was canon?
Decent episode, and the art looks fine as well.
Not enough tits tho.
Nov 16, 2022 8:21 AM
Dec 2020
fuck that song fr....
Nov 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
Did the graphism downgrade or something since the end of BorN? IDK, the art style seems to be a little blunt to me in this one...

Anyway, funny cameo for the end of the last season. It does not substitute the eps in any mean or situation, but it's a funny interpretation of the facts xD
Let's face it if we remove Loki's plot, RiasXIssei love development, Issei's Harem dream development, white and red dragon rivality and perks, and Rias new and final chess piece (pretty much 80% of the good things that the end of BorN had) this could fit perfectly.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Dec 22, 2023 10:18 AM

Jul 2021
well this was shit. made me sleepy. the original was much much better. i don't even understand why there was a need to make this when this was basically just a summarised version with shitty art-style.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 9, 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
I like TNK's artstyle more.
Jan 9, 1:15 PM

Oct 2018
He back because song? I like previous version better since it's serious.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» High school Dxd Drinking game.

GrimAtrament - May 1, 2018

4 by Jamester_UWU »»
Aug 1, 2022 11:39 PM

» Since this retcons the last 4 episodes of season 3 should i just skip the last 4

Omnitrix10 - Apr 17, 2018

4 by ChartTopper60 »»
Mar 20, 2021 8:19 AM

» Difference between Borns Ending (last 3 episodes) and this episode?

-_Removed_- - Apr 14, 2018

3 by TheDeadWalk »»
Feb 7, 2020 8:10 PM

» What is this? ( 1 2 )

begija - Apr 12, 2018

52 by GrimAtrament »»
May 1, 2018 4:16 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero: Taiikukan-ura no Holy Episode 1 Discussion

joe_g7 - Apr 12, 2018

27 by julyan »»
Apr 13, 2018 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.