Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, though it annoys me that Satoru thinks he is clever and can get anything past his mom, and has to constantly bring up his age when he acts alot closer to the age of the body he's in.
Feb 26, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2011
Perfect,I think thats enough to describe that episode. If only episodes were longer...
Maybe I'm asshole, but that crying animation got me laughing :-)

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Feb 26, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
oh god, episode definitely felt rushed, especially the last 10 mins.

hopefully it will finish strong and save the time skip for a season 2...
Feb 26, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
I think Satoru's mom stole the show this episode. Her interaction with Kayo and the others were heartwarming. It was heartbreaking to see Kayo cry and her flashbacks to instant noodles and meager lunch money that she is accustomed to. It's like Satoru's mom is the only real mom that Kayo ever had.

I'm agree with those who suspect the teacher. He seems shady. Not only did he claim to know where Kayo was being kept, he also appeared to have the same coat as the suspect that visited the bus. I could be wrong of course.
I'm wondering if the teacher manipulated Kenya into revealing any secrets?
Feb 26, 2016 5:59 PM

Apr 2014
Don't know why Kayo had to start crying looking at the food. I mean, if you're not hungry just say so. No need to cry.
Signature removed for being too cool. That signature was too cool. Please make something less cool to use, following stuff defined in the Site & Forum Guidlines.
Feb 26, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 2014
7/10 episode, sorry boku dake no Machi, but I've watched steins gate now and I think you should bow down before your king.

Feb 26, 2016 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
the cliffhangers are getting annoying
Feb 26, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2016
Another amazing episode.
i will be so disappointed if the teacher is the killer because it's so obvious.
Feb 26, 2016 9:59 PM

Dec 2014
Shit, the Teacher knows Kayo's whereabouts.
Who did he call though, still remains a mystery
Feb 26, 2016 10:43 PM

Apr 2014
What a sweet episode!! I'm literally terrified to watch anymore, I don't want her to die!! T-T This show gives me anxiety xD, every new scene i'm like oh shit is she gonna die? No!!
Feb 26, 2016 11:31 PM
Jul 2015
aLotQuestion said:
The Fuck? Hiromi is one of the 3 kid that being kidnapped? I just realized that.

Ain't Sataoru too focus on Kayo? How about Hiromi?
Is he thinking that the 'first' kidnap Kayo won't happen and then the 2nd and 3rd will not happen also? Is that why he is not worry about Hiromi?

Why do you think he asked hiromi to play cards with them in the hideout? So he can watch hiromi as well
Feb 27, 2016 12:21 AM

Aug 2015
A heartwarming episode is a good change of pace what with the recent episodes and all, I especially liked the breakfast scene and flashback the feels are real lol. Somehow even after seeing this I always have that looming feeling that something bad is going to happen
They said to be yourself, but then they judge you...
Feb 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Oct 2013
A simple but very heartwarming episode. Boku Dake is in it's best form whenever it's focusing on past events. This episode and last week's are much better than the two previous.

The breakfast scene was really well handled. The overly accentuated brightness of Sachiko's the food combined with the steam really conveys a lot in terms of Kayo's appreciation and growth throughout the series thus far. The contrast with her flashbacks of the single untoasted bread and uncooked pop noodles with the vibrant food really shows how Kayo has gone from hating life to loving it in a few short days.

Hopefully the rest of this cour stays mostly in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to the present next week. One of the best episodes so far, and a nice change of pace from the more hit or miss mystery elements of the series.
Feb 27, 2016 12:50 AM

Dec 2014
CrisiasRex said:
Don't know why Kayo had to start crying looking at the food. I mean, if you're not hungry just say so. No need to cry.

hold this L
fuck the character limit
Feb 27, 2016 1:39 AM

Apr 2009
I also suspect the teacher but here's what really confuses me... We saw the killer in 2006, didn't he look young? And when Satory came back to the past he said, that the teacher at his school was approximately 30 years old. So in 2006 the teacher must be almost 50, but the killer didn't look like 50 at all!
Feb 27, 2016 1:39 AM

Jul 2010
SoraSenpai said:
Kikoro said:
I'm officially want to mary Satoru's mum! *___*
This. Was. So. Heartwarming.

Those lips though <333

Wait, are you my rivial?! o3o
(And yes! *-* Pillow lips!)
Feb 27, 2016 2:12 AM

Sep 2011
Lararin said:
SmallDanger said:

20/4 = 5 Chapters Per Episode.

Yea I know

Does anyone know about how many chapters they've been covering per episode so far? :X
2-3 chapters an episode lol. And expecting them to cover 5 chapters per an episode for the most crucial episodes? Yeah... Not happening and or rushed hard.
Feb 27, 2016 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
I don't really get the breakfast scene. I mean - yes, the contrast was huge - but is it a reason to cry?
Do normal kids really get that high spec breakfasts? It seems unreal for me.

My breakfasts were only a little bit better than Kayo's - my mom was leaving the house at 5am and I was waking up at 6-7 so I had some dry sandwiches and cold tea for breakfasts. And my dinners were even worse - I had money for dinner but I spent it on on snacks. So I was either macguyvering something up at home using stuff in refrigerator, joining my friends for dinner (based solely on their parents kindness) or having to prepare dinner for dad under treat of being yelled at and possibly hit if I don't. Dad was working shifts - so he was either at work, sleeping after work(be silent or he wakes up angry), or awake and waiting for dinner.

I don't really get Sataoru house environment. What was his mother doing for life that she had so much of free time to spend hours in kitchen?
Well, to be honest my cousins household is also like this - but he has a stay home mom with passion for cooking and his dad is earning all the money they need. My mom always hated cooking. And so do I (perhaps the trauma of being forced to cook dinner for dad from very young age).
Feb 27, 2016 3:11 AM
Apr 2015
Kiriae88 said:
I don't really get the breakfast scene. I mean - yes, the contrast was huge - but is it a reason to cry?
Do normal kids really get that high spec breakfasts? It seems unreal for me.

I was wondering too. I never got such a wonderful breakfast. Maybe two or three time in my life but it was weekend. Usually, we don't have enough time to prepare similar breakfasts.
Well, I'm not a Japanese, but I've read somewhere that they really spent more time and give attention to preparing their food. For example: bento in schools.

Anyway, great episode, I've almost crying. I like Satoru's mum more and more, she's fantastic mother.
Feb 27, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2016
Caution for young mothers: please do not follow action behaviour.

I don't expect that an abusing parents story could be appeared such complicated than most dramas in tv.

Satoru: hell yea by now we can consider that he is a pedofilia \o/

We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Feb 27, 2016 3:49 AM

Mar 2015
That phone call between the teacher and Satoru's mom makes me believe it's the teacher..
That breakfast scene was perfect.
Feb 27, 2016 3:57 AM

Feb 2012
Why did they have to cut the scene where the teacher was on the phone discussing kayo's whereabouts to someone? And how does he know where kayo probably is? Very sketchy!

In another note, I really enjoy seeing Kayo happy and safe! Even though Satoru is actually old, it's hard to not ship for Kayo and Satoru. They're so cute together.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 27, 2016 4:37 AM

Aug 2014
Damn... Why does my cheeks feel so warm? Why does my heart ache? So, this is what it means to be human. This hit home guys.... Fuck me
Feb 27, 2016 5:18 AM

Mar 2015
KirmiShinigami said:
Well then.
She is a good person who can time-travel and her intention is to save Kayo too?

While she did helped Satoru considerably, she didn't show any hint she is aware of the time travel or tries to directly affect the original timeline (or preserve it).

She is aware of Satoru relationship with Kayo, but it does't seems to know anything beyond the normal limits. For example, Satoru leaves early several days and brings out food while neighbourhood abused girl disappeared, so his mum is able to put the two and two together.
She also called teacher and it would be in her best interest to actually not tell him if she knew the future.

On the other hand, Kenya is either aware of the time travel or is able to suspect the foul play, actively tries to manipulate Satoru's action, tests him and actually acts in the moment when timeline could be swirling out of control.
Feb 27, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2016
Satoru should've told his mother about the stuff they found in the bus or maybe even find the killer by keeping a lookout at night.
Feb 27, 2016 6:15 AM

Sep 2013
shyduck said:
Satoru should've told his mother about the stuff they found in the bus or maybe even find the killer by keeping a lookout at night.

I don't believe satoru should do that The culprits Maybe run away again and looking for another victim
Feb 27, 2016 6:21 AM

Jan 2016
desertkona said:
shyduck said:

I don't believe satoru should do that The culprits Maybe run away again and looking for another victim
I am not saying they go to police, but he should at least find out who it is. It'll give him a clearer picture of what he can do.
Feb 27, 2016 6:32 AM
May 2013
this show is gonna leave a bruise. damn.
Feb 27, 2016 6:53 AM

Jun 2015
Man, Hinazuki...she needs all the hugs in the world. What a pleasure it was to see her this relaxed and happy.
Satoru, get a hold of yourself, you're 29 years old!
Feb 27, 2016 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
shyduck said:
desertkona said:

I am not saying they go to police, but he should at least find out who it is. It'll give him a clearer picture of what he can do.

Well, it's not as if Satoru's train of thought has made a lot of sense so far. Remember in the first time leap how he was convinced that Kayo would no longer be in danger as long as he made sure she wasn't abducted in that one specific day, without even contemplating the possibility that the murderer would just come and abduct her on a latter date? Honestly, Satoru hasn't been shown to be the brightest mind around so far, so him acting rationally all of a sudden would be out of character.
Feb 27, 2016 7:29 AM
Dec 2009
VoxOfTheSheeple said:
shyduck said:

Well, it's not as if Satoru's train of thought has made a lot of sense so far. Remember in the first time leap how he was convinced that Kayo would no longer be in danger as long as he made sure she wasn't abducted in that one specific day, without even contemplating the possibility that the murderer would just come and abduct her on a latter date? Honestly, Satoru hasn't been shown to be the brightest mind around so far, so him acting rationally all of a sudden would be out of character.

He doesn't know for sure it's the killer so I think he should have said something to his mom or the police, even if he told them "there was a suspicious man going into the abandoned bus" and they didn't take him seriously at first they might remember it after kids start getting killed/kidnapped.

But yeah, like Vox said Satoru hasn't been looking at the big picture... he's so concentrated just on protecting Kayo.
Feb 27, 2016 7:40 AM

Dec 2010
...Lay down ...try not to cry ...cry a lot

...the ED song is out btw ...continue to cry
Feb 27, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
So is it going to be Anime Original Ending or what? If so i'm continueing with the manga i guess
Feb 27, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2016
smelldemon said:
So is it going to be Anime Original Ending or what? If so i'm continueing with the manga i guess

It follows the manga ending, apparently
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-02/boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-erased-manga-ends-in-march/.98204
Feb 27, 2016 8:54 AM

Jun 2013
Like a lot of people, I teared up at the breakfast scene. Like a lot of people, I really REALLY love badass mummy 2k16, I'm so glad she trusted Satoru and I'm hoping they completely wreck Kayo's ma next episode (but from the pacing in this series and how it's inevitably going to hurt, I'm worried for them)

I think this was one of my favourite episodes so far though. A nice break from a cliffhanger ending that's not heartbreaking or making anyone fear for anyone's lives.
Feb 27, 2016 10:15 AM
Nov 2013
This episode really hit me real deep at the part when Satoru bring Kayo home. The way Satoru's mom treat Kayo make Kayo feels what it mean to have a mother. As for me this part make myself so grateful for my mom and my family.

Kayo-chan, i can feel the sadness you went through even a bit. Stay strong!

As for the part where Satoru's mom treat Kayo (bath together, breakfast) is what i think the highlight of episode 8. And also not to forget how they finished this episode with a good cliffhanger.

Next episode going to be like Mom vs Mom.. can't wait
Feb 27, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2015
God dam I had tears going down my cheeks, just how much can somebody hurt a child? This was both happy and sad.
The world sure is cruel place...
However I wanted to stand up and applause for Sachiko, great job both as a parent and a a human being. Indeed great episode!
Feb 27, 2016 10:25 AM

Mar 2014
Hisokath said:
7/10 episode, sorry boku dake no Machi, but I've watched steins gate now and I think you should bow down before your king.

i know right. steins;gate raised the bar too high for time travel anime although this one's good too. just give me a strong finale and this could be on par with s;g
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Feb 27, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Uwwaaa this episode was beautiful. Though, the part where they find the murder's weapons was creepy as hell. Amazing episode!! 5/5
Feb 27, 2016 10:47 AM
Jan 2014
Can someone tell, does untill this point in anime all events are same, as they were in the manga? Or they made some changes in adaptation? How faithful to the source material this adaptation is overall?
Feb 27, 2016 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
At last there's some feeling of justice. While the murderer's footsteps are yet to be found, the countdown to Kayo's and the others' deaths has been delayed by a lot. That one Aya got the bad type of foreshadowing though, I have slightly less hope for her.

So the murderer is using the bus as his storage shed? And for some reason, didn't notice the one person whom he wanted to meet so much was there? I have slightly more faith in the teacher, but for all I know he could still be the culprit.

俺とお前との違いが何だ?!
Feb 27, 2016 12:27 PM

May 2014
What a romantic episode. I think it's the teacher.
Gonna add it to favs now.
Feb 27, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
Satoru's mother is a fantastic mum and I love the way she loves her son and his friends and also Kayo.
Feb 27, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
Tickle tickle ;D
Another great episode.
Feb 27, 2016 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Kikoro said:
SoraSenpai said:

Those lips though <333

Wait, are you my rivial?! o3o
(And yes! *-* Pillow lips!)

Nope my heart belongs with Kayo...well...it will be if Satoru freaking saves her!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 27, 2016 5:52 PM
Jun 2013
Assuming the Manga is actually going to end with 44 chapters, how are they going to adapt 21 chapters in 4 episodes? Either they're going for Tokyo Ghoul pacing, an alternative ending, or a sequel movie. The latter sounds most appealing I guess.
Feb 27, 2016 7:43 PM
Feb 2016
I really don't want to believe it is the teacher. I suppose it just becomes all too obvious otherwise. But who else could it be? There really aren't all that many adult characters who have had enough screentime to make for an interesting plot twist.

Are we certain the two murderers are the same, though? I know the mother seemed to recognize the guy, but the guy we saw near the van with the little girl seems somewhat different from the one who actually murdered the mother and tried to do Ari in

What if the blond kid is the one who actually murders the mother and tries to pin pizza-girl's death on MC, while the teacher is the old person who committed the murders back then?
Feb 27, 2016 8:30 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Once again a top notch episode! This one being a calm before the storm. As lots have pointed out.....with this episode at least I can sleep for a week without a cliff hanger.
Feb 27, 2016 10:52 PM

Nov 2011
Seems like 2016 is not shit unlike 2015 and its "adaptations." This one is actually better than the original version so far, which is rare.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Feb 27, 2016 10:52 PM
Dec 2009
Kirua- said:
Assuming the Manga is actually going to end with 44 chapters, how are they going to adapt 21 chapters in 4 episodes? Either they're going for Tokyo Ghoul pacing, an alternative ending, or a sequel movie. The latter sounds most appealing I guess.

Yeah, this worries me. I remember someone saying they weren't going to have an alternative ending so... what are they going to do? Movie or OVA maybe? Was there confirmation somewhere that it's only going to be 12 episodes?
Pages (12) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1415 by slayer70 »»
Sep 18, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1114 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

905 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

504 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

621 by Sun_Chan »»
Sep 14, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.