Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2015 8:17 AM
Jun 2013
I'm a Christian believer. I do not believe in reincarnated.
But the otaku commited one of our greatest sins.
SUICIDE
And that will give him one-way ticket to hell.
Bath in flame for eternity ! Sinner !

The last sentence , I always want to say that =)) . Too much anime and manga.
Feb 1, 2015 8:35 AM
Nov 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Damn! I teared up at the end T^T
WTH did Misaki go to the void? Well she seemed to be quite the bitch to everyone other than her children but that was just sad :( She was just used throughout her life.

Yousuke was the useless one in society and he even killed himself. He doesn't really deserve reincarnation tbh <_< Well the beginning of his life sucked quite a bit. He's the one who decided to ignore his mother. He could've had quite a happy life.

Decim was quite mindf***ed at the end there. Human's can be really complex creatures. Loved the scene when he hugged both of them. Which really surprised me sending Misaki to the void.

Also this ep proves that the people dying don't have to know eachother or be at the same place :O

Finally next ep we'll be getting some of the characters in the OP.

You don't seem to understand the purpose of reincarnation. In short, reincarnation is for the souls who have lots and lots rooms for improvement. It doesn't mean necessarily you are a good person (and it seems like people are getting this anime in the wrong way, since they're still thinking about good and evil, while the whole thing clearly has nothing to do with that), it just means that you have the chance to try again, to evolve once more. The judgement apparently declared that the boy made mistakes, but he should have one more chance to try again. The woman, however, was manipulative until the very end, and the judgement declared that her soul shouldn't have another chance (since it was probably useless from an individual standpoint), so the void was the best option for the darker and manipulative soul.
Feb 1, 2015 8:45 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was a tough call. Considering how last episode proved the theory that both people could be sent in the same direction, I'm not really sure what to make of this ending.

In one corner, we have the older Onee-san who started making stupid decisions at a very young age (sex in a toilet with an equally young student, and then downhill from there) leading to three kids from the first abusive relationship, and then a further two from the next two relationships. Rises to fame for whatever reason, I'll never fathom (the picture of her on TV reminded me of the Kardashians for some reason), and shows no empathy for her subordinates, whilst seemingly showing some favoritism to her smaller children (seems like her eating breakfast with her back to her kids was a sign) in the end. Then at the end of the game, started bashing in Yousuke's head when she thought that winning the game was the only way she could go back to seeing her children again (a mother's instinct, yes, but to kill others to do it? I'm at sixes and sevens here...).

Then the shut-in NEET Yousuke, who's father remarried to a woman whom he refused to recognize as his step-mother, and whose entire existence consisted of lazing around at home, ignoring said new family member, all the while sinking further and further into despair until he realizes that his life is meaningless and ends up ending his own life instead of facing his issues and his fear of this new person forceably introduced into his life.

Seriously, both people made poor decisions in life/trusted the wrong people, but in the end I couldn't empathize with either one. Personally, I don't feel like one sad life story was any more "worthy of reincarnation" over the other one. Yousuke didn't have any lingering attachments to the world that would enforce his behavior to act murderously towards teen-mom, whereas her actions could have been taken as an act of desperation in trying to survive this apparent death-game in order to return to her children. Neither situations are praise-worthy, but neither are they really comparable either.

To me it just feels like different situations created different scenarios where both individuals ended up suffering and being punished for their decisions in life. From a sympathetic note, I'd probably wish for both to have the chance to reincarnate, to relive their lives in order to make up for their past mistakes, but from a realist point of view, I struggle to find any reason for why either of these persons should be brought back to life (considering both with piss poor decision making abilities and both had pretty shitty attitudes towards anyone who wasn't themselves).

In the end, I don't really think one was any worse than the other here, and like Onna mentioned, they practically had to resort to little cheats (like that Wii controller) to drag the demon out from the lady with more to lose. If they hadn't done that, and the lady started bashing Yousuke's head in, then maybe, just maybe, I would think the end result was justified.

Based on what was shown in the show, however, I still don't think it was.
L-RyoshiFeb 1, 2015 8:49 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 1, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2008
What an episode! This show has been pretty strong so far.

This episode was the most emotional to date. Early on, I assumed the woman would be sent to the void, but I was still quite interested in the telling of their stories. I find that I agree with this:

BenMS said:
I also guess the reason she went to the Void and he to reincarnation is that he really felt sorry for this he (mildly) had hurt in his life by his behaviour, while the showbiz star only cared for something she now had lost and didn't feel any emotion over her treatment of others. She sure had it hard, but I guess she showed the wrong kind of reflection. But just my guess.

Decim telling them what they needed to hear at the end tugged at my cold little heart a bit.

Loving this so far.

Feb 1, 2015 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
The woman acted and worked of her own volition, countless times she choose the wrong decision...the boy was an unfortunate product of modern society; [i]you could very well say his birth mother is the spitting image of the mother depicted in this episode[/i]...end of story. case closed. I'm glad the arbiter is the one making decisions and not the oblivious white knights whom seem to be plaguing this forum as of late.
KeltrickFeb 1, 2015 9:03 AM
Feb 1, 2015 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
Selair said:
The woman acted and worked of her own volition, countless times she choose the wrong decision...the boy was an unfortunate product of modern society; [i]you could very well say his birth mother is the spitting image of the mother depicted in this episode[/i]...end of story. case closed. I'm glad the arbiter is the one making decisions and not the oblivious white knights whom seem to be plaguing this forum as of late.

Not quite understanding your point here. Pray do explain in detail how modern society transformed Yousuke into a NEET? And what exactly does his suicide or any of his becoming a NEET have anything to do with his birth mother looking like the mother depicted in this episode?

As much as you feel like you're correct, you're not convincing anyone with such a brief and uninformative explanation.

For the record, I'm not challenging you, I'm seriously interested as to how you came to that conclusion.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 1, 2015 10:18 AM
Jun 2013
[quote=BenMS]Quite the episode.
The 'nerd' made wrong choices, but he didn't harm anyone directly although his communication with his mother should really have been better. He seemed more an victim of the circumstances despite his suicide.
The 'showbiz star' was complicated - she cared deeply for her children, but I have the impression not all the children cared for her. Also, her treatment of employees is quite unforgiving. While it's certainly an situation people can recognize, I felt more for the story of the 'nerd' then for her story due to her treatment of others.
I guess it's fair this judgment.

I gotta disagree with this. I think she hurt her manager because she booked her schedule so she wouldn't have time to be with her kids. Her manager keeps booking things without asking which is why she doesn't have time for them. The phone call she made to her children right before she died makes me believe she really just cared about her kids. And at the end of the game she just wanted to be able to be there for them knowing they had no fathers. But everything isn't clear so it's definitely open to interpretation and I respect this opinion.
Feb 1, 2015 10:23 AM
Jun 2013
I don't feel sorry for the guy at all though. Yeah he didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't do anything right either. From what I understood he was just depressed from his parents divorce and committed suicide. His story is not as interesting to me.

I definitely think this system is flawed. The arbiters should have access to more information to make a judgement on people's afterlife. They shouldn't be making guesses, which is what it looks like sometimes... And then of course there is the problem with everything and every person not being "good" or "evil". There is a gray area. That's one of the biggest flaws in this system. Although we can see people's "true" nature come to life while they are playing the game, one performance should not dictate your placement imo.
Feb 1, 2015 10:25 AM

Jan 2015
Hmm...and here I thought they explained too much in Episode 2...we still don't really know what the decision is based on. Will to live? Maybe that was the point this time and in Death Billiards, but didn't play that big a role for E1 and E3 afair.

Behavior during the games? The guy in Death Billiards actually won the game by violence and still was reincarnated, despite them being roughly equivalent in their "bad deeds".

"Moral" way of life? Seems to be really popular here, although I think a lot of people (naturally) are inducing their own morals here, instead of trying to figure out what the moral code of the arbiters is.

I'm probably one of those putting their own morals into that. Here, as in E1, I wouldn't have sent any of those two to the Void. Yes, they didn't lead perfect lives, but come on: If you're judged by any, even the smallest, bad thing you do, the decision becomes arbitrary.

Anyway, another interesting and thought provoking episode.
Feb 1, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2009
I don't get the final. I could find the reasons for it but still. Hope we'll get some explanation next time.
Feb 1, 2015 10:53 AM

Feb 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
(considering both with piss poor decision making abilities and both had pretty shitty attitudes towards anyone who wasn't themselves).

Are you really saying their attitudes towards others is comparable? The woman treated everyone like shit (even her own children in one flashback) and tried to deceive Yousuke during the game.

We don't see much about Yousuke but we never see him harming everyone. So what are you referring to? Not loving her stepmother? he's a depressive person, he's not really treating her badly (at least not from what we see)

I still don't know how the fuck some people defend the woman. On top on everything else she literally said "My life was about to get started, finally I was about to be happy with my children"... and the image that was shown was the one where she's in the TV, suspicious.
Like... finally? after having 5 childs, while 2 of them being quite big already, couldn't you be happy before?
Feb 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Feb 2013
GoMarcia said:
Why has the woman been sent to hell? I don't get it

Because she said she wanted to be returned to look after her children.... the guy she was facing was her "son" so she would be going to heaven while sending off a child to hell.
Feb 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
T.T

The story telling in this show is insane.
I wouldnt be surprised if people gave it instant 10s,every episode is its own emotional tale.
Taimanin_IreliaFeb 1, 2015 11:11 AM
Feb 1, 2015 11:14 AM

Dec 2013
Vanisher said:
L-Ryoshi said:
(considering both with piss poor decision making abilities and both had pretty shitty attitudes towards anyone who wasn't themselves).

Are you really saying their attitudes towards others is comparable? The woman treated everyone like shit (even her own children in one flashback) and tried to deceive Yousuke during the game.

We don't see much about Yousuke but we never see him harming everyone. So what are you referring to? Not loving her stepmother? he's a depressive person, he's not really treating her badly (at least not from what we see)

I still don't know how the fuck some people defend the woman. On top on everything else she literally said "My life was about to get started, finally I was about to be happy with my children"... and the image that was shown was the one where she's in the TV, suspicious.
Like... finally? after having 5 childs, while 2 of them being quite big already, couldn't you be happy before?

Maybe you should read my entire text. I think I stated my opinion on this quite clearly that I thought both situations were not comparable with one another.

That said, I still stick to my opinion that they both were poor at decision making and from what we've seen, yes they both had shitty attitudes towards anyone who weren't themselves. Just because Yousuke is only acting shitty towards his step-mother doesn't mean he isn't at fault. Being a NEET, his world pretty much revolves around only the immediate people within his vicinity, hence his father and his step-mother. Whilst this does nothing to affect other people outside his immediate family, he is negatively affecting his family still.

As for the woman, if you recall correctly, she slapped her manager for not informing her of a sudden appointment, which ended up costing her time to be with her children (hence the phone call before her manager strangled her). Whist I doubt no one here thinks that her slapping of the manager and acting like a Prima Donna was the correct way to handle things, in that situation some people may think that her actions were defensible simply because
(a) It came out of the blue, even for her, and
(b) It was pretty obvious that she was stressed (be it because of overwork, or because she was missing her kids, we don't know)

Personally I ain't even looking to defend her. Like I said before I don't even understand how she managed to rise to fame. Just looking at things from an objective point of view here.
She struggled through a load of crap (teen pregnancy, three consecutive abusive relationships, being forced to raise all her kids by herself somehow) and when things were seemingly starting to look up for her, she died because she didn't appreciate the people who were helping her on her way up and could only talk down on them.

Her actions towards others cannot be justified, yes, but did she really deserve to be strangled to death for it? I've seen some shitty people out there who've done a lot more than just talk down on people and smack people in the face, but at the end of the day those people wouldn't be killed off because of their shitty attitudes towards others.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 1, 2015 11:36 AM

Dec 2011
animeguy17 said:
I don't feel sorry for the guy at all though. Yeah he didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't do anything right either. From what I understood he was just depressed from his parents divorce and committed suicide. His story is not as interesting to me.

I definitely think this system is flawed. The arbiters should have access to more information to make a judgement on people's afterlife. They shouldn't be making guesses, which is what it looks like sometimes... And then of course there is the problem with everything and every person not being "good" or "evil". There is a gray area. That's one of the biggest flaws in this system. Although we can see people's "true" nature come to life while they are playing the game, one performance should not dictate your placement imo.

Ah my friend, haven't you caught up on it yet? The show is not about the random people. It is about the arbiters and whether it is fair for an entity to judge people based on the extremes they push them too. I mean, woman was mistreated and heavily beaten by every guy. I can't say treating people the same is right, but is natural and out of control. We all have our boiling point. The more crap we took
in life, the more of it we'll throw onto someone innocent. In a way that's a cry for help. It's like when a serial killer does his crimes due to being abused as a child. They grew up and lived with violence. That's the only thing they know. And that's the core of this show. Was it right to send a woman who was heavily abused and only showed bad side by mistreating someone back (who had been taking away what little free time she had to spend with only people who were there for her, children) to void or did she deserve another shot at happy life? Was it fair to judge her after her deepest darkness was pulled out? And was it really darkness? Yousuke was to her what the manager was irl. Someone who would separate her from her children forever. Wasn't it just what every mother would do to be with her children? Yousouke didn't care, so why should she? He was exploiting the game that was clearly in his favor? Was it also fair to judge her based on deception? Decim might have been doing it for too long which is why his assistant directly questions his methods and he himself seems to wonder of his decisions are correct. That my friend is and will be point of this show. If not I'll be heavily disappointed after such build up for all of these dilemmas.
Feb 1, 2015 12:33 PM
Nov 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I don't get the final. I could find the reasons for it but still. Hope we'll get some explanation next time.

Keep hoping then, but I think is useless. The purpose of this show is to make the viewer come up with the reason, and not give him all the answers. If you didn't understand the final, then think about it and create your own theory, because I'm pretty sure the episodes won't go much more far than that. Said that, personally I'm loving this amazing exposition the anime is giving us, and even if you think about it everything is always uncertain, just the way it should be. If you watch the anime expecting to receive every possible information, then you're watching it in the wrong way. That's only my opinion though, suit yourself.
Feb 1, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2013
Vanisher said:
With the logic some of you guys bring to defend the woman you might as well defend serial killers and rapers if they had a shitty life.

Except, you know, she didn't murder a lot of people or rape anyone, so no, they're not the same.
Feb 1, 2015 12:48 PM

Feb 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
Vanisher said:

Maybe you should read my entire text. I think I stated my opinion on this quite clearly that I thought both situations were not comparable with one another.

That said, I still stick to my opinion that they both were poor at decision making and from what we've seen, yes they both had shitty attitudes towards anyone who weren't themselves. Just because Yousuke is only acting shitty towards his step-mother doesn't mean he isn't at fault. Being a NEET, his world pretty much revolves around only the immediate people within his vicinity, hence his father and his step-mother. Whilst this does nothing to affect other people outside his immediate family, he is negatively affecting his family still.

Well I disagree that he's even "acting shitty towards his step-mother". I consider that people are in no obligation to care about their step-parents.

Yeah you said that their situation is not comparable yet you said that they both "they both had shitty attitudes towards anyone who weren't themselves" as if it were even near. Even if you say that he's attitude is bad towards others (which I disagree) it's not even intentionally or directly.

ataxia_ said:
Vanisher said:
With the logic some of you guys bring to defend the woman you might as well defend serial killers and rapers if they had a shitty life.

Except, you know, she didn't murder a lot of people or rape anyone, so no, they're not the same.

Except, you know, I never fucking said that.

I said that the logic some people use to defend her wrongs could be used to defend anyone for anything.
VanisherFeb 1, 2015 12:55 PM
Feb 1, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2013
Decim hugging them at the end and trying to comfort them was kinda weird, especially with the short shot on his eyes it made it seem as if their stories would have moved him. I know that there isnt much information about him (at least not from the 4 epiosdes and the ova a few years ago) like how long he does this stuff and if he is even human and capable of emotions, but my view is that he made this stuff for quite a long time and seen A LOT of this shit.. why would this suddenly move him? lol

The black haird chick (Kurokami no Onna) remains to be utterly pointless in my opinion, she adds basically nothing to the show. Yeah, you could see her as a character that the audience can relate to and sticks around longer than just for one episode, but she got not much screentime in doing so.
Feb 1, 2015 1:16 PM

Dec 2011
sankakusong said:
grumpytoast said:

The girl didn't really regret her actions just that she died. She didn't regret treating people badly, I feel sorry for the things that happened to her but she shouldn't treated people the same way. I don't think having a bad life excuses one's actions. She didn't even apologize to the dude when he woke up for knocking him out.

Apologizing to someone just after realizing that you're already dead isn't something that I would expect to happen. Especially if you're more concerned about your children that you have just left in the living world.

She hadn't realized she was dead yet when he woke up.. and wasn't yet concerned for the children she didn't know she was dead. all she did was say his name and didn't apologize.. I know it wouldn't do much for her judgement but it shows what kind of personality/character she is that she couldn't even apologize for that..
Feb 1, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
solid episode
the otaku is stupid tho, why suicide when there are so many awesome anime next season? :p
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 1, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2011
ataxia_ said:
Vanisher said:

She still abused and manipulated other people.. Just because you were abused doesn't give you the right to abuse others. Same logic as the killing and raping is what he said not that they were the same.

[quote=L-Ryoshi]
Vanisher said:
L-Ryoshi said:

As for the woman, if you recall correctly, she slapped her manager for not informing her of a sudden appointment, which ended up costing her time to be with her children (hence the phone call before her manager strangled her). Whist I doubt no one here thinks that her slapping of the manager and acting like a Prima Donna was the correct way to handle things, in that situation some people may think that her actions were defensible simply because
(a) It came out of the blue, even for her, and
(b) It was pretty obvious that she was stressed (be it because of overwork, or because she was missing her kids, we don't know)

Also I believe the thing with her manager wasn't a one time thing. Her manager seemed afraid to tell her about the appointment and after the slap looked really fed up. Just being slapped by someone once isn't enough to want to kill them.
Feb 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Dec 2013
Such an emotional episode.
Feb 1, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2014
The way the arbiters are judging the people are really flawed. Both should've been sent to hell so I don't see why the man gets to go to heaven while the women is sent to hell.

Disappointed by Decim's judgement and the way he does his work.
Feb 1, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2014
aside from ep 1 where we actually know about the protagonists' destinations, all 3 other episodes consist of them getting on those elevators and that is it , the hell!!!!
Feb 1, 2015 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
The way the arbiters are judging the people are really flawed. Both should've been sent to hell so I don't see why the man gets to go to heaven while the women is sent to hell.

Disappointed by Decim's judgement and the way he does his work.

This doesn't use religion.

Yes, they have both sinned in all religions. And? The arbiters don't give a damn. In the heat of the moment, the woman turned into a psycho and smashed the boys head on the screen, but he didn't do anything like that to her prior, did he? Ofc, there is that moment when he cheated, but that is nothing compared to what she did.

The thing is, whilst the two situations can't be compared, the woman's horrible life, was her fault. It is entirely her fault that she couldn't see how bad the man she was married was. It's her fault that she didn't have a proper life.

However, the divorce between Yousuke's mom and dad, had nothing to do with him. He just sat there and took all the pain. And apart from that, school. There is a reason he was a NEET.

All in all, the past doesn't matter as much as the future does. Like someone said earlier, the woman wants to see her children again. What can reincarnation do to help her? She will be a completely different person, and won't even come close to her children. Plus, even if she does, she won't recognise them.

Yousuke, however, wants a new chance at life. Which is why reincarnation is the perfect thing for him.

BiddingGortonio said:
At the end, with the crying scene, the woman was faking it. She's an actress after all. She also knows all about sucking up to 'higher ups' like the arbiter.

The nerd guy's case was too simple, but it reminds me of irl japanese otakus and the many suicides happening in that demographic. lots of cyberbulling too.

This episode made me think about the annoying that is the RNG of life. i have this urge to make those who are favored by RNG to suffer, including myself.

She isn't. She is honestly crying.

Hiroshi_obakun said:
aside from ep 1 where we actually know about the protagonists' destinations, all 3 other episodes consist of them getting on those elevators and that is it , the hell!!!!

In episode 3,

the girl goes to heaven/reincarnated, the man goes to the void/hell. This episode, the woman goes to hell/void, the boy is reincarnated/heaven.
The sun is a deadly laser
Feb 1, 2015 1:55 PM

Nov 2012
mira-lala said:

In episode 3,

the girl goes to heaven/reincarnated, the man goes to the void/hell. This episode, the woman goes to hell/void, the boy is reincarnated/heaven.

how the hell ppl still confused about this, just look at the mask
episode 3 both of them reincarnated
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Feb 1, 2015 1:58 PM
Nov 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
solid episode
the otaku is stupid tho, why suicide when there are so many awesome anime next season? :p

Also, the guy had a PS4, I saw the controller. How life can be sad with anime and games? Meh, otaku no baka.
Feb 1, 2015 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
Concerning the featured game, this was the most fun episode until now.
The "heroes" and abilities were awsome :D I just think an arcade game is the least interactive since they were playing against each other but through screens...if that makes any sense.
I think the key to deciding their fate was how sorry they were about what they did with their life. The Otaku wished he did not commit suicide to have a chance to call her stepmother, mother. On the other side, she wasn't sorry at all. She would have done the same thing cause she was an awful person. A person isn't a good person just because he/she loves his/her kids. A good person must respect other people and know how to live in society, not overlooking others and behaving like he/she is the most important person. She just disrespected everyone and that'
s why she got punished.
Feb 1, 2015 3:02 PM
Apr 2014
Well deserved. She fucking knocked that guy out just because she thought she couldn't win. I know it's a scheme and everything is built around the extreme situation but there was still no reason to knock him out(she even went way too far. Less hits would have done the deed, too.) over that. Like she could avoid death by playing against the rules if it really would have been a game like that.

Even if she cared for her children (which is not 100% certain) she was a bitch to anybody else. Her behavior is less than desirable. No surprise to me that she ended up in the void.

I feel kinda sorry for Yousuke though. I mean I really can't accept the decision to commit suicide but it must have been hard to realize all those things after you've killed yourself. Well at least he has a second try.
Feb 1, 2015 3:04 PM

Sep 2014
Juhnny said:
The "heroes" and abilities were awsome :D I just think an arcade game is the least interactive since they were playing against each other but through screens...if that makes any sense.
I think the key to deciding their fate was how sorry they were about what they did with their life. The Otaku wished he did not commit suicide to have a chance to call her stepmother, mother. On the other side, she wasn't sorry at all. She would have done the same thing cause she was an awful person. A person isn't a good person just because he/she loves his/her kids. A good person must respect other people and know how to live in society, not overlooking others and behaving like he/she is the most important person. She just disrespected everyone and that'
s why she got punished.

^Not really. I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong, but judging on regret is ridiculous. When the arbiters make their decision, they don't take into account the feelings of the players. They simply drag out the person's hidden darkness and decide how bad it is.

Like I've said, over and over, the woman smashed Yousuke's head into the screen. Her desires overcame her, and she lost her humanity for that moment. That is what the arbiters look for. They can't let her sould be reincarnated, when it's that evil. Secondly, she did feel sorry. Did you think she cried for no reason? It would be implied that she was acting, which she was not.

Their pasts don't matter in this case. It's what the do in Quindecim that decides their fate. The woman messed up, and she went to the void. Like the first episode. The woman was acting, when she 'spilled the beans'. Did Decim know? No. Did he send her to the void? Yes.

Nanashi- said:
Well deserved. She fucking knocked that guy out just because she thought she couldn't win. I know it's a scheme and everything is built around the extreme situation but there was still no reason to knock him out(she even went way too far. Less hits would have done the deed, too.) over that. Like she could avoid death by playing against the rules if it really would have been a game like that.

Even if she cared for her children (which is not 100% certain) she was a bitch to anybody else. Her behavior is less than desirable. No surprise to me that she ended up in the void.

Exactly this.
Feb 1, 2015 3:07 PM
Apr 2014
mira-lala said:
Secondly, she did feel sorry. Did you think she cried for no reason? It would be implied that she was acting, which she was not.

I'd like to disagree on this part. I think she felt sorry. But not for how she lived her life. She felt sad that her life ended right there after she finally was able to achieve something good with/for her kids(her own words). She cried because she knew there's no way back to her children.

Overall I agree to that post of you though.
NanashiFeb 1, 2015 3:14 PM
Feb 1, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
mira-lala said:
Juhnny said:
s why she got punished.

^Not really. I'm not trying to say your opinion is wrong, but judging on regret is ridiculous. When the arbiters make their decision, they don't take into account the feelings of the players. They simply drag out the person's hidden darkness and decide how bad it is.

Like I've said, over and over, the woman smashed Yousuke's head into the screen. Her desires overcame her, and she lost her humanity for that moment. That is what the arbiters look for. They can't let her sould be reincarnated, when it's that evil. Secondly, she did feel sorry. Did you think she cried for no reason? It would be implied that she was acting, which she was not.

Their pasts don't matter in this case. It's what the do in Quindecim that decides their fate. The woman messed up, and she went to the void. Like the first episode. The woman was acting, when she 'spilled the beans'. Did Decim know? No. Did he send her to the void? Yes.

Nanashi- said:

Exactly this.

I don't know if it's entirely how they act in the game.. If you take death billards into account. The young guy tried to kill the older guy but he still got reincarnated. I'm sure the darkness of the heart plays a big part but also I think it's more who would benefit more from reincarnation.

but she definitely deserved the void from my view. Tons of people have been through that stuff and worse and don't act the way she did. Loving your children (if she did truly) and being abused before doesn't give you a free pass to hurt others.

also I'm not entirely sure she loved her kids. The older ones seem to hate her and she seems to neglect them. Her flash back about when she says her life is finally starting and she can be happy with her kids was the tv show. That and when playing the game and the kids hardly affected the guy she called them useless except for the one that made him unable to move. It seems like she only cares about them when they are serving a purpose towards her. ex: she now cares about them because they are making her famous from the tv show.
Feb 1, 2015 3:54 PM

Sep 2014
Nanashi- said:
mira-lala said:
Secondly, she did feel sorry. Did you think she cried for no reason? It would be implied that she was acting, which she was not.

I'd like to disagree on this part. I think she felt sorry. But not for how she lived her life. She felt sad that her life ended right there after she finally was able to achieve something good with/for her kids(her own words). She cried because she knew there's no way back to her children.

Overall I agree to that post of you though.

Yeah, basically.

grumpytoast said:

I don't know if it's entirely how they act in the game.. If you take death billards into account. The young guy tried to kill the older guy but he still got reincarnated. I'm sure the darkness of the heart plays a big part but also I think it's more who would benefit more from reincarnation.

but she definitely deserved the void from my view. Tons of people have been through that stuff and worse and don't act the way she did. Loving your children (if she did truly) and being abused before doesn't give you a free pass to hurt others.

also I'm not entirely sure she loved her kids. The older ones seem to hate her and she seems to neglect them. Her flash back about when she says her life is finally starting and she can be happy with her kids was the tv show. That and when playing the game and the kids hardly affected the guy she called them useless except for the one that made him unable to move. It seems like she only cares about them when they are serving a purpose towards her. ex: she now cares about them because they are making her famous from the tv show.

I said the game, didn't I?

Also, yeah, it's not entirely how they act in the game, but it's mostly based on the game.

Nah, she definitely loved her kids. Imo, anyway. As time past, show biz corrupted her. She started caring less for her children, and more for the money. But, you saw when she was killed. She said she 'was coming home' to her child on the phone. Even more, she was quite excited and happy about it. If that isn't love, I don't know what is. :V

Yes, she found her children useless after, but that was only because she was told she would die if she lost. After she realises her mistakes, she realises how important her children are to her. Whilst her husband(s?) and boyfriend(s?) left her, her children were always there. She realises that, and that's why she starts crying.
Feb 1, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
It would be more funny if milf is actualy yousukes mom who left him xD
5/5 Episode
Even though misaki was hurt in her life, that was no reason to hurt others in process her children refering to older ones who knew what kind of life she led.
Feb 1, 2015 6:15 PM

Sep 2007
One of the best things I like about this series...

Is the discussion/debates that go on in here after watching it. =o

Can't wait to see more arbiters, I wonder if they work in the "same bar" like do they swap out with "Decim" and be all like "Yeah Decim, go take a break, it's my turn"

Or are they going to be like "Let's go to so-and-so's bar and watch him do a judgement for x reason"
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 1, 2015 6:31 PM
Jul 2014
Oh man, I love the posts here. They [not all] either a) have zero understanding of how depression works and go on about how Yousuke was selfish/stupid or b)blame Misako for the abuse she went through.
Love me some victim-blaming.
Feb 1, 2015 8:02 PM

May 2014
dayum, kinda emotianal towards the end. They both had it tough
The showbiz star was in a complicated relationship and some things happened that changed her but she was sent to the void "Hell"
The nerd yousuke felt really sorry for what he did so he was sent to Reincarnation "Heaven".
That's what i thought. I think Decim chose that way because of how they reflected each other. Showbiz star was kind of out of control which probably made the decision to send her to the void.
4.8/5 It was a great episode.
Feb 1, 2015 9:44 PM

Oct 2013
I'm conflicted between who should went to the void/reincarnation

OH, I THINK THIS MIGHT CONTAIN SOME SPOILER. SO READ ON IF YOU WISH TO.

Otaku: He could have had a happy live. His step mother was a really nice person. If only he would open up a little. Yet, he chose to commit suicide (I thought suicide is a big sin), which i think he should went to void... still, its not like he hurt anyone physically when he was alive, so.. reincarnate?

Woman: She made a lot of mistakes in her lives, I think she neglect her children as well? But at the end before she was murdered, she seemed to make a promise to come home early (does that mean she cared about her children? As they said, there is no mom in the world who hates her children) She was probably stressed from all she'd been through + due to overworked and thus act coldly to her children. Which is why in some cases, I think she should have been reincarnated instead

She probably went a little out of control at the end because she knew she was dead. What would my children do without me? Who will take good care of them, and so on.
Hinasaki_KFeb 1, 2015 9:49 PM
Feb 1, 2015 9:52 PM

Oct 2013
mira-lala said:
Juhnny said:
s why she got punished.

Nanashi- said:

Exactly this.

ah, well that makes sense o.o
Feb 1, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2012
I really liked Misaki's character. As despicable as her actions were, she was also in numerous abusive and disastrous relationships. Having to raise all those children without any help is really saddening. She has anger issues probably due to her own repressed anger, and finds an unhealthy outlet by lashing out on others. Great characterization for a character with only an one episode appearance.

Feb 2, 2015 3:40 AM

Jul 2014
Damn ...I was always crying when everytime "mom" scene appeared. I hope I get a mom like Yousuke's T_T . I wonder what's made Yousuke's real mom treating him like that.

And for the woman, I think the reason she got sent to the void was because she treat her child & her bad habits life.
Rumble_ShiftFeb 2, 2015 3:49 AM
Feb 2, 2015 3:59 AM

Jul 2012
I thought both of them were to be sent for reincarnation.

Anyway, nice episode. So next episode we will get to know more about the characters working in that place.
Feb 2, 2015 4:01 AM
Jun 2009
Unlike many here I don't see her as a bad mother, neither do I believe that "these children" was really a bad thing (although Decim's eye changes there, so maybe to him it was a bad thing), but there was no doubt who would go to the void.

The easiest way to look at it, she tried to kill the otaku and then regretted it, but when she was told to keep playing, she could have used his machine and made him win, but she didn't she just played slowly on hers.. if she really regretted what she did to him, she would have done something to "compensate" which she didn't...
It was pretty much a repeat of the OVA, in a much more boring way.
Plus nothing was linked to their body this time :/
Feb 2, 2015 5:26 AM

Oct 2011
The moment someone gets caught in Decim's string is the one sent to the void.
Feb 2, 2015 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
In all honesty I think they are judging someone's potential based on their life rather than their life itself.

After all it's not about being incarcerated or executed - it's about reincarnating or dissapearing.
So based on how they were living currently they want to see how would/could they act if their soul were to be reincarnated.
Granted - a lot depends on circumstance but remember that different people subjected to the same situation might react in a completely different way - and that's what they were checking here. At least that's how it seems to me.

Kolnikov said:
ninjastarforcex said:
solid episode

Also, the guy had a PS4, I saw the controller. How life can be sad with anime and games? Meh, otaku no baka.

Hell yeah - I still have like 40 games to play for the PS2/PS3 not to mention this year's releases. I can't get depressed - I have too little time to get depressed since I have so many games to play.
Feb 2, 2015 7:47 AM

Jul 2008
I feel so sad for those two people and it hit me real hard, both have terrible personal lives :( I thought both deserve heaven but I think the reason the female is sent to the void is solely due to her smashing that guy's face onto the screen violently.
Feb 2, 2015 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
This ep of death parade was only okayish.. Not that good as the previous ep.

Yuriko yamaguchi went all out when she voiced that showbiz woman.. :D.

How dumb was that neet to not be able to detect his stepmom's kindness to him and he was 24 too :o.

The woman who was virtually a cum dumpster was stupid too. I Wonder how she did not realize that another guy is going to come in her life and hook up with her and knock her up with another baby in the offing.. :3

no good comes if you are going to realize it toooooooo late and this ep portrayed that.. That was one thing that was good about this..
Feb 2, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2009
That woman deserved it, I felt no shred of remorse from her, and she barely paid any attention to her children anyway, only using them as a means to her end of becoming a star. And the way she treated her manager, and almost killed Yousuke... she had a sad life but it looks like it was in no small part her own fault.

Yousuke in comparison was just too passive, unable to shake himself free of depression in time, but he was in no way evil.

I'm happy to see the return of the Decim hugXD But still, will we finally see two same sex people fight it out? Maybe in the next ep?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 2, 2015 8:57 AM

Sep 2014
bleachsai said:
This ep of death parade was only okayish.. Not that good as the previous ep.

Yuriko yamaguchi went all out when she voiced that showbiz woman.. :D.

How dumb was that neet to not be able to detect his stepmom's kindness to him and he was 24 too :o.

The woman who was virtually a cum dumpster was stupid too. I Wonder how she did not realize that another guy is going to come in her life and hook up with her and knock her up with another baby in the offing.. :3

no good comes if you are going to realize it toooooooo late and this ep portrayed that.. That was one thing that was good about this..

Should've used protection.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Wish it ha a season 2 :(

BhuvanSiesta - Apr 15, 2022

37 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Jun 15, 12:13 PM

» Let’s just talk about this for a second

Phroggy_44 - Aug 25, 2023

20 by APolygons2 »»
Jun 15, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

664 by TheCrazyCoco »»
Jun 14, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

675 by Cherru »»
Jun 13, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

599 by Hugsgs »»
May 26, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.