Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Mar 27, 2012 10:23 PM

Mar 2009
Her explanation makes sense and everything's getting more interesting.
Mar 30, 2012 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Nice info episode, figured she was still alive. xD
Apr 2, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
Meh
Apr 9, 2012 7:32 AM

May 2008
oh i tink i get it. Because Sakakibara did not ignore Misaki . The method of stopping the death stopped. So the death cycle continues. So to stop the death EVERYBODY needs to treat someone like they do not exist because apparently someone in that class was suppose to be dead and non existant. So for some reason they decided to choose Misaki Mei. But because Sakakibara treated as if Misaki existed the death cycle continues because Misaki *exists now*. So the only way to prevent more deaths is to make it so that Sakakibara does not exist too.But this way wont there be 2 people that shouldn't exist? thats more then the 1 person that was suppose to be the extra. So im guessing that you can have lesser students but you cant have more students that were suppose to not exist. That is the only way i can think that will satisfy all theories that i have so far.

SO FAR im guessing that the people that start to acknowledge that Misaki exists has died as a result. Not sure about the first girl . But she saw Mei before she died perhaps she was thinking of her.But if thats the case, shouldnt Sakakibara be the first one to die?

im really creeped out at the moment, and i really want to know more , man i got so many questions . GOTTA KEEP WATCHING.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 11, 2012 1:21 PM

Apr 2012
They explained that a lot better than in the manga. I think I'm less confused now LOL. Glad there wasn't anything gory... *was expecting what might be the worst death to wait for... meep... that'll be next...*

I thought they were just killing off a new guy for the sake of it. Then I remembered some random person I couldn't remember dying of a heart attack, except we never saw it. I don't blame them for changing it and making us see it, really. Nice timing, actually... trick everyone into thinking he's dying because he mentioned Misaki lolol. Smart, guys. Smart.
Apr 20, 2012 9:31 PM

Nov 2011
Hm, didn't really see that she was living there, kidn of explains why she was there all the time XD.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 21, 2012 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
VanillaIceCream said:
What I don't get, though, is why has the curse started again? Is it because Koichi joined the class? And if so, could it mean Koichi himself is dead?

No. Koichi is being instead of the "unnecessary" one. But, he started talking with Misaki, and that's why it all started..or maybe not..i'm confused..

Mika_Inamori said:
that guy said "I'm sorry"
he didn't ignore i hope he dies next hahaha

Lol. I think he will. D:
あらあら。。。
Apr 30, 2012 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
Ardamaeus said:
Personally, I'd have a shit-ton of fun being the nonexistent. Treat me like I don't exist? Alright. Bring a BB-gun to school, and shoot sensei while he's trying to read to us. See when he snaps, trolol. Or just get up in the middle of class and scribble shit on the board, or even better, people's faces. And how about going into the girl's locker room while they're changing for PE? Priceless. You can go up into the cubbies and just start throwing everyone's stuff on the ground, I mean, what will they do? They have to ignore you, right? You can snatch food of their hands and they can't fight back, lol.

Man, you can be a total asshole and they can't do anything, until they try to kill you of course. This probably isn't even a real curse.

This made me laugh so hard. You can grope someone and they won't be able to do anything...

Hmm. I think that maybe Teshigawara is the dead one, since in the beginning four eyes said he knew things that Teshigawara himself didn't know.
JediEspadaApr 30, 2012 12:34 PM
May 12, 2012 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
I don't really feel comfortable with the 'non-supernatural' turn this mystery has taken. It sounds promising, but I'd rather Misaki was a ghost.
May 18, 2012 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
This is why I am not an anime character because I would not deal with the people ignoring me. I would go crazy, start making noise and throwing desks and whatnot. Fine, pretend I don't exist, I will make your life crazy.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 25, 2012 6:49 AM

Sep 2011
I love this anime but the explanation was completely stupid.
If it was about having extra students, then wouldn't the death of at least one them (which is what happened) stop the curse?
Also what about the existence of a dead person who is not dead? How did they come up with this theory?
I would assume that to be the art teacher. Maybe because she is too pale? lol
Oh well, gonna keep on watching and hope it all makes sense.
Jun 8, 2012 10:43 PM

Jul 2009
I'm only half way through the series but already I am irritated that the moment Sakakibara has the opportunity to ask questions he not only asks all the wrong ones but ends up giving me (the viewer) more. So maybe I missed the information but:

1) If one seat is designated for the dead and one (but usually way more) student/person is killed per month (and as far as we've seen multiple deaths per month) then it would seem that Class 3 is slowly being replaced with dead souls rather than living.

2) I don't remember but the original Misaki that died 23/26 years ago, how were they related to Misaki Mei?

3) I thought the "legend" that the curse was based upon had to do with a girl, who was popular and academically endowed. Then in the library it's mentioned, that the original Misaki that died was a boy?

4) The time in which people start dying or when the curse takes effect makes no sense. It takes effect in May or June and then last the rest of the year? So basically its a year round curse? But then why do they keep saying it begins during a certain time when they also say it lasts all year?

5) For the records; so the names of the dead are crossed out on the roster as the year goes. and then the name of dead/designated non-existent person magically appears when the year is completed? So the name of the designated non-existent person changes every year? Even when they clearly have a multitude of dead students to choose from? Is it a new name that appears from a student (dead or alive/non-existant) from that year's Class 3 or a name from a previous Class 3 year?

This list of questions could go on for a while, and while I share with everyone the abbreviated form of my confustion, the question remains; WTF is going on?!!
talkngseverdheadJun 8, 2012 10:49 PM
Jun 28, 2012 4:44 PM

Jan 2012
FINALLY! Everything is now explained.
Jul 8, 2012 4:52 PM

May 2011
When you play with a Ouija Board you most likely bite off more than you can chew... so why wouldn't it be the same if you pretend someone who died was still alive?

I find it most intriguing that a lot of people are/were saying that Kouichi is actually dead. But doesn't it make you wonder? I mean couldn't the person who was really dead be Kouichi's mother? Does that sound possible? I mean Mei did say that the person who was no longer alive, could not be told apart from someone who had was actually alive. Just sayin...
Art is letting your imagination dance across the page.
Jul 12, 2012 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
targetoverload said:
I find it most intriguing that a lot of people are/were saying that Kouichi is actually dead. But doesn't it make you wonder? I mean couldn't the person who was really dead be Kouichi's mother? Does that sound possible? I mean Mei did say that the person who was no longer alive, could not be told apart from someone who had was actually alive. Just sayin...

It's possible, but I wonder why she would back to the class (she graduated), now that you've quoted... Kouichi himself it's a possibility maybe he died at the hospital and don't know that he should be able to pull the trigger of the curse being the dead one...?
I guess that one of them are the dead one but who... Got to see the next eps ^^
Jul 18, 2012 9:50 PM

Apr 2012
So Mei isn't a ghost... but is just ignored by the class... Poor Mei. Ice Cream
Jul 25, 2012 11:00 AM
Mar 2012
Guys please stop calling sakakibara an idiot! "you should have just ignored misaki" like hell he was supposed to know! if miss red-read here was there,she could've told him the class rules, and he would have known better not to talk to misaki. So know that you think of it, it actually isnt his fault.

And another thing, his class are full of shit. Seriously. Why does it have to be the head of the "countermeasures" or whatever to tell him the rules i mean they could've done it themselves; i mean it doesn't take a genius!
Jul 25, 2012 11:34 AM
Mar 2012
I dont know what it is but i dont like the red head
Aug 8, 2012 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
Tche, they really got me. I actually thought she was a ghost. oO

Though the entirety of that "curse" is kinda weird. One extra student? Huh?

Aug 13, 2012 9:06 PM

Aug 2012
I definitely want to keep watching to find out what happens, a-a-and...to see which of the other classmates dies next. Because I really don't like any of them, bunch of selfish paranoia sufferers. Well, I guess they have good reason, but still. Could've said something to him.
You have only one life to live. Are you doing what you want to do?
- Waiter Lennart, Pokémon Black and White
Aug 18, 2012 8:15 PM
Jul 2012
lol at the heart attack. Light yagami.
Man Class 3 must be unlucky to go. And quiet.
I didn't pay attendtion to the episode
4/5
Aug 23, 2012 8:23 PM

Nov 2009
wouldn't the class be screwed even if he didn't ignore her, he made the balance of the class one over what it should be. Also now I'm curious, if Misaki is just a normal girl why does she mention that her doll eye lets her see things she wasn't meant to see. Anywhom really like the direction this anime has taken, gotten really cool now.
Aug 27, 2012 1:34 PM

Aug 2012
VanillaIceCream said:
What I don't get, though, is why has the curse started again? Is it because Koichi joined the class? And if so, could it mean Koichi himself is dead?

It's because he didn't ignore Mizuki, thus there was an extra student in the class -> curse begins to kill someone each month.

Great episode, I like Mizuki, it's cool to know she isn't a ghost.

5/5

Sep 7, 2012 2:21 AM

Jan 2008
I learned a lot of info. Cool.
I wonder who dies next?
Must be that dude who said, "i'm sorry."
Nov 10, 2012 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
I don't get it... if class 3's so cursed then why the hell don't the kids in that class just switch schools or something?? o_0
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Feb 22, 2013 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
3rd episode discussion post. I'd be confused as well if no one told me what was going on and I wouldn't really believe in "a curse" so I wouldn't connect the accidents together. In that sense it is pretty realistic. But I have to draw the line somewhere. If my entire class was ignoring me I wouldn't just sit there and take it. Right? I'm glad we got some answers though. Misaka isn't a ghost... I think... and very nice camera angles to question if Misaka is actually there.

Also, I hope they quit it with the dolls. They give me the serious creeps. I'm slowly losing my sanity.
Feb 23, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
aypex said:
3rd episode discussion post. I'd be confused as well if no one told me what was going on and I wouldn't really believe in "a curse" so I wouldn't connect the accidents together. In that sense it is pretty realistic. But I have to draw the line somewhere. If my entire class was ignoring me I wouldn't just sit there and take it. Right? I'm glad we got some answers though. Misaka isn't a ghost... I think... and very nice camera angles to question if Misaka is actually there.

Also, I hope they quit it with the dolls. They give me the serious creeps. I'm slowly losing my sanity.

Yea the dolls can go away now! Also glad that Misaka isnt a ghost although she is treated like one.
Mar 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Jul 2018

I thought Misaki Mei is a ghost. So I understand why does she doesn't exist with her classmates.
Mar 31, 2013 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
When Ikuo Takabayashi had that hartattack I thought about Light haha.
Apr 22, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2011
well i'm glad i can officially say mei is my favorite character!! last episode i thought mei was the reason my nurse died so i really didn't like mei but now i see she's just a victim!! but i have one question if everyone knew about this curse why wasn't the school shut down?
May 4, 2013 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
xxshiawase said:
When Ikuo Takabayashi had that hartattack I thought about Light haha.

Same here xD

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 5, 2013 12:21 PM

Sep 2009
Finally had some background revealed. Now things are making sense. Mei also exists.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
May 25, 2013 6:50 PM

Dec 2008
Things make more sense now, by the looks of the preview they will get a lot closer.
Jul 11, 2013 11:37 PM

May 2013
Finally some answers from this episode, but disappointingly the answers given raised more questions instead.

From what I gather, the death cycle starts when the number of students in class 3 exceed some limit by one? In that case shouldn't the school board just cap the number of students in class 3 at the limit? Why transfer the MC to class 3 in the first place?

Also, with two students from class 3 dead already, it shouldn't exceed the limit anymore?

Hoping the next episode (s) clarifies some stuff.
Jul 12, 2013 8:42 AM

Nov 2012
Why is no one upset over Takabayashi’s heart attack? xD So it wasn't gruesome but it was still pretty sad! Another thing that stuck out to me was Kouichi's grandfather saying "I'm so very tired of funerals".
Jul 25, 2013 1:34 AM

Sep 2012
Well, that answers a few of my questions.
Aug 7, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not sure if it's the video, or me, and also no sure if someone else mentioned it but:

Does anyone else see that symbol in the elevator? I don't recall seeing it in the earlier episodes. I think that's part of the Spetsnaz symbol in CoD, but not entirely sure. Is there a reason as to why it's there?
Aug 17, 2013 5:21 AM

Dec 2012
I really thought Mei was a supernatural girl and doesn't really exist .. Nice one .. Interesting !

- barely alive -
Aug 17, 2013 11:18 AM

Aug 2007
I like that she isn't a ghost . It makes it much more mysterious.

I wonder if Kouichi is the student that is dead?

Aug 17, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
The school should just ban class C from existing and then act as if it never happened.
Aug 19, 2013 8:12 AM

Jul 2012
Numens said:
The school should just ban class C from existing and then act as if it never happened.

Don't think that'll solve it :P, because then the 4th class would be the 3rd class they have in the 9th grade.
Sep 26, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2011
ValiantHero said:
I'm not sure if it's the video, or me, and also no sure if someone else mentioned it but:

Does anyone else see that symbol in the elevator? I don't recall seeing it in the earlier episodes. I think that's part of the Spetsnaz symbol in CoD, but not entirely sure. Is there a reason as to why it's there?

You're kidding, right? It's the friggin hammer and sickle, symbol of the communist USSR. But what the heck is it doing here?
Sep 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Aug 2011
redcobrawr said:
Numens said:

Don't think that'll solve it :P, because then the 4th class would be the 3rd class they have in the 9th grade.

It actually might. In some countries, the 13th floor does not exist. And the number 13 is specifically avoided. If they call the classes 1, 2 and 4, 3 won't exist.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized my argument is invalid.
issen-ken-takaSep 26, 2013 1:01 PM
Sep 26, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2011
ALegend said:
Finally some answers from this episode, but disappointingly the answers given raised more questions instead.

From what I gather, the death cycle starts when the number of students in class 3 exceed some limit by one? In that case shouldn't the school board just cap the number of students in class 3 at the limit? Why transfer the MC to class 3 in the first place?

Also, with two students from class 3 dead already, it shouldn't exceed the limit anymore?

Hoping the next episode (s) clarifies some stuff.

Yeah. The logic is invalid. If everything can be remedied by pretending someone does not exist, thus making the number of students just right, shouldn't the death of a student do the same thing. Thus, the phenomenon should end after one death.
Oct 17, 2013 10:11 AM

Jun 2011
Finally, some answers.

Comandante said:
I have my suspicions that the protagonist himself is the dead person.

I really hope that's not the case, it would be rather bland.
Nov 12, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Almost 2 weeks without watching any episode of Anoher....I thought that i forgot,but i still remember :D
Damn secrets,at least Misaki is alive,and now Sakakibara is also a ghost?
I wonder to know who is the extra student?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 12, 2014 7:06 PM
Jul 2013
Poor Takabayashi, died of disease. I liked the end, in how Mei account about the phenomenon that have class 3th.
Jan 14, 2014 5:34 AM

Dec 2013
redcobrawr said:
Numens said:

The school should just shut down lmao.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 15, 2014 1:58 PM
Oct 2011
Another amazing episode of Another.
Y U NO SIGNATURE
Jan 30, 2014 9:07 PM

Jun 2013
PaninaManina said:
I'm still not convinced that Misaki really exist.
Same here.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

538 by 0ddi_ »»
May 23, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1043 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CuriousThing - Feb 20, 2012

372 by BertBert »»
May 21, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

666 by BertBert »»
May 21, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ilikeyouevenmore - Jan 16, 2012

383 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.