Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2023 4:28 AM
May 2017
mBlazi said:
Quanda1eDing1e said:
Jfc this episode messed me up. I want to rate it a 1 for hate but this peak content deserves all 5's for what it is, so that's what it gets. This is the first time an anime made my eyes water out of dread rather than tragedy like anohana or angel beats. I feel so sorry for Kiruko the betrayal from being defiled from who she remembered as her loving big brother. Meanwhile Maru decided to allow her, her privacy. This is when realism feels bad rather than good, we would have all loved Maru to somehow guess something was off, or even to follow on a whim to save her just in time. But sadly he did what most would have done, we can't blame him but he will definitely shoulder the blame knowing how he is. What a terrible thing to happen, and off topic but it's all but confirmed that Robin is Taka right? I wonder how he will react coming across his friends son? I wonder what made him become a sick fuck? So many questions 

5/5

I'll just say Robin is not Taka. That makes completely no sense and I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

Yeah I was just going over this with another guy who replied. I thought he was Taka because they look sort of similar and because of his connection as escapees with Shiro and Mimihime. He knew exactly where to find them after his life with the kids went awry. Him mentioning that and seeing the 4 kids who escaped lead me to that conclusion.

I was mistaken, but there was some logic behind it. It seems outlandish to you because you already know all of the source material exactly as it is. So it's either right or wrong for you, no room for speculation. If that makes sense
Jun 19, 2023 6:07 AM
Jan 2021
AMAZING LAST SCENE AND PLOT THICKENING, very visible moods conveyed and character relationships well developed, can't wait for the last episode! biggest clashing of oxymorons to produce a unique circumstance that ultimately places the power in the characters' perceptions of the world.
Jun 19, 2023 7:48 AM

Oct 2020
Robin is a jerk.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠲⠶⣶⠶⡶⠶⡶⠶⠶⠶⣶⣶⣴⣦⣤⣤⣤⣄⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡿⣟⣳⢖⡯⣴⣤⣴⠶⠛⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⣓⣂⡀⠐⠛⠶⠭⣉⠉⡙⠛⠛⠛⠳⢶⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣾⣟⡷⣹⢧⢿⡾⣿⣝⡷⠄⠀⣈⡉⢁⡉⠀⠈⠉⠈⠉⠉⠙⠛⠓⠲⣄⠛⢛⣋⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠹⢷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣻⢞⣽⣣⣟⣮⣿⣳⡽⣞⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡄⠋⠀⠈⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⢣⡟⣞⣮⢳⣞⡳⢮⣗⣳⣼⣀⣤⣠⣤⣤⣠⣄⡛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⠈⠀⢀⣀⣠⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢠⣾⣟⣮⡟⣽⢎⡷⣏⡾⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⠀⢠⣾⣿⣷⡾⠿⢿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣷⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣷⡠⠀
⢀⢠⣿⢷⣫⢶⣛⡾⣹⠾⡵⣏⢷⣹⣛⠛⠻⠿⣿⢿⡿⣿⢿⡿⢿⣟⡯⣟⠀⠈⠛⣿⣿⣿⢿⡿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⡀
⠸⣿⣏⣿⡽⣮⢽⡳⣏⢿⣱⡟⣮⡳⣭⢟⣶⣶⣶⡄⠀⠀⣰⣾⣟⣯⡝⣿⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⡿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⣄⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇
⢸⢻⡷⣯⢳⣏⡾⣽⡽⣞⡵⣫⢷⣹⣎⣿⣾⣿⢻⣝⢢⣸⡿⣧⣿⣾⣽⣻⡃⠀⠀⠸⢿⣿⣿⡳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⣄⠀⢸⡇
⠘⠸⣿⣻⣗⢾⣽⡳⣟⡼⣳⢏⣷⣳⣾⣿⣟⣞⡳⣮⣿⢯⡟⣿⣿⢿⣷⣿⣡⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣶⠀⠀⠀⠰⣶⣦⣤⢦⡌⢿⡀⣸⡗
⠀⠀⠹⣷⣛⡾⡿⣽⢎⣷⣹⣻⣾⣿⣿⢻⣜⣮⣷⡿⢧⡻⣼⣻⣿⣿⢿⣿⣟⣿⣷⣮⣾⣿⠟⠋⠀⢷⡀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣢⠹⣿⢴⡿⠀
⠁⠀⠀⠙⣿⡞⡿⣭⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣮⣷⣾⣼⣷⣿⣯⣷⣷⣷⣿⣽⣿⣽⣺⡇⣛⠻⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⡀⢻⡿⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣵⣛⣿⣯⣿⣿⡿⢿⡿⣻⢟⣟⢿⡻⣟⡿⣻⡟⣟⠙⠛⠻⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣇⣼⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣷⡭⣿⣿⣯⢳⡽⣣⢿⣱⢯⣞⡳⣝⢮⡳⢧⡻⣭⣛⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⢻⣿⣟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⣏⣿⣿⣏⢾⡭⣗⢯⡞⣾⡹⣝⣮⢻⢷⣹⣧⢯⠐⠀⠺⠓⠒⠤⠤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⣯⣛⡮⣗⡟⣮⡽⢶⡻⣝⢾⡹⣎⢷⡺⡟⠛⠖⠒⠦⣤⠀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⣏⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⢾⣵⣻⣼⣹⢳⣽⢺⢧⣛⠿⣟⣷⣽⡄⠀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠷⠿⣼⣏⣷⢭⡟⣼⣞⡻⣷⣤⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠒⠃⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠻⠿⢶⣯⣷⣹⣻⢿⣶⢶⡄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠄⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠛⠛⠟⠻⠷⠷⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠟⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠈⠂⠀⠀⠀⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jun 19, 2023 7:57 AM
Sep 2022
Traotora said:
Robin is a jerk.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠲⠶⣶⠶⡶⠶⡶⠶⠶⠶⣶⣶⣴⣦⣤⣤⣤⣄⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡿⣟⣳⢖⡯⣴⣤⣴⠶⠛⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⣓⣂⡀⠐⠛⠶⠭⣉⠉⡙⠛⠛⠛⠳⢶⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣾⣟⡷⣹⢧⢿⡾⣿⣝⡷⠄⠀⣈⡉⢁⡉⠀⠈⠉⠈⠉⠉⠙⠛⠓⠲⣄⠛⢛⣋⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠹⢷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣻⢞⣽⣣⣟⣮⣿⣳⡽⣞⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡄⠋⠀⠈⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⢣⡟⣞⣮⢳⣞⡳⢮⣗⣳⣼⣀⣤⣠⣤⣤⣠⣄⡛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⠈⠀⢀⣀⣠⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢠⣾⣟⣮⡟⣽⢎⡷⣏⡾⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣄⠀⢠⣾⣿⣷⡾⠿⢿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣷⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣷⡠⠀
⢀⢠⣿⢷⣫⢶⣛⡾⣹⠾⡵⣏⢷⣹⣛⠛⠻⠿⣿⢿⡿⣿⢿⡿⢿⣟⡯⣟⠀⠈⠛⣿⣿⣿⢿⡿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⡀
⠸⣿⣏⣿⡽⣮⢽⡳⣏⢿⣱⡟⣮⡳⣭⢟⣶⣶⣶⡄⠀⠀⣰⣾⣟⣯⡝⣿⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⡿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⣄⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇
⢸⢻⡷⣯⢳⣏⡾⣽⡽⣞⡵⣫⢷⣹⣎⣿⣾⣿⢻⣝⢢⣸⡿⣧⣿⣾⣽⣻⡃⠀⠀⠸⢿⣿⣿⡳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⣄⠀⢸⡇
⠘⠸⣿⣻⣗⢾⣽⡳⣟⡼⣳⢏⣷⣳⣾⣿⣟⣞⡳⣮⣿⢯⡟⣿⣿⢿⣷⣿⣡⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣶⠀⠀⠀⠰⣶⣦⣤⢦⡌⢿⡀⣸⡗
⠀⠀⠹⣷⣛⡾⡿⣽⢎⣷⣹⣻⣾⣿⣿⢻⣜⣮⣷⡿⢧⡻⣼⣻⣿⣿⢿⣿⣟⣿⣷⣮⣾⣿⠟⠋⠀⢷⡀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣢⠹⣿⢴⡿⠀
⠁⠀⠀⠙⣿⡞⡿⣭⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣮⣷⣾⣼⣷⣿⣯⣷⣷⣷⣿⣽⣿⣽⣺⡇⣛⠻⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⡀⢻⡿⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣵⣛⣿⣯⣿⣿⡿⢿⡿⣻⢟⣟⢿⡻⣟⡿⣻⡟⣟⠙⠛⠻⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣇⣼⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣷⡭⣿⣿⣯⢳⡽⣣⢿⣱⢯⣞⡳⣝⢮⡳⢧⡻⣭⣛⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⢻⣿⣟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⣏⣿⣿⣏⢾⡭⣗⢯⡞⣾⡹⣝⣮⢻⢷⣹⣧⢯⠐⠀⠺⠓⠒⠤⠤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⣯⣛⡮⣗⡟⣮⡽⢶⡻⣝⢾⡹⣎⢷⡺⡟⠛⠖⠒⠦⣤⠀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⣏⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⢾⣵⣻⣼⣹⢳⣽⢺⢧⣛⠿⣟⣷⣽⡄⠀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠷⠿⣼⣏⣷⢭⡟⣼⣞⡻⣷⣤⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠒⠃⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
⡁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠻⠿⢶⣯⣷⣹⣻⢿⣶⢶⡄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠄⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠛⠛⠟⠻⠷⠷⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠟⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠈⠂⠀⠀⠀⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Based comment, after all
Jun 19, 2023 8:18 AM
Nov 2020
MyllerPhiem said:
CQLLIST said:
Literally my thoughts in the last 3-4 mins of the episode: 
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK. 

Finally they adapted the disturbing part, I find myself overreacting to it while I was watching it, not in a bad way. Overall though, the mystery thickens yet again. And lastly, Fuck you Robin.
Last episode where a group of men were raped and held as semen slaves was not "the disturbing part" for you? Fuck you, Twitter-SJW.

I don't see how they're a "Twitter SJW" for that, the comment seemed harmless idk
Jun 19, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2014
Robin was evil all along? No one saw that coming, did they? /s
Jun 19, 2023 9:09 AM

May 2019
This episode was incredible, really, the way the production handled this episode was insane. I'm out of words right now.

That's some potential top 10 for me, I'm already craving the manga.
Jun 19, 2023 10:10 AM
Jul 2015
rvdboom said:
And where is your argument? You just claim that there was hundreds of other ways to tell this part of the story, while you don't know anything about the past history of the characters

Which is why take it at face value for now and go with the easiest explanation from a storytelling perspective (aka Become a Popular Author with 10 Easy Tropey Tricks): It was an easy plot tool to

• create an emotional response,
  • "break up" kiruko and robin / bring the mcs closer together and
  • maybe hint at youknowwho maybe still being youknowwhere ... somewhat, maybe, partially.
Pick any.

It may very well be that there are no actual flashbacks between the sister and robin, in order to keep things purposefully ambiguous. And that the 2 or 3 moments seemingly showing her living an OK life as a not-really-but-kind-of prodigy racer without too much trouble may not have been all that. And that there are flashbacks from the brother's rose-coloured perspective in order to set us on the wrong track. I didn't get that feeling from the rest of the story (which at least seemed to plant hints very early on and then go for more of a hidden-in-plain-sight approach), but sure, who knows. If so, I'll probably just take it. For now, I won't and will instead say it's lazy storytelling. And I would actually prefer to be wrong,
Jun 19, 2023 11:02 AM
May 2013
Never meet your heroes.
Jun 19, 2023 11:31 AM

Sep 2021
I'm seriously disgusted
Jun 19, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2021
NTR trash. I hate this anime. it was good until episode 12.
Jun 19, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2023
awesome direction
Jun 19, 2023 12:54 PM
Sep 2022
Naughty_Rudeus said:

Cry about it 😂🤡
Jun 19, 2023 1:12 PM
Jan 2023
This is a fucking masterpiece no cap.
Jun 19, 2023 1:17 PM

Jul 2020
This was kind of a weird turn of events with rape. I mean, I hope we get an explanation to the reasoning behind this, because right now it doesn't make sense at all. Then again, so far everything happening in this show had its reasons so I'm guessing there's one for this unexpected ending as well, can't wait to find out! 
Jun 19, 2023 1:32 PM
Feb 2021
MineFord_gurme said:
Naughty_Rudeus said:

Cry about it 😂🤡
more like drop and move on
Jun 19, 2023 1:40 PM
Jan 2019
Why would he asked Maru to stay at home? That’s dumb, also very naive of her leaving her gun to Maru like that, without the gun she is nothing but a “prey”. Nontheless I hate this episode what the fuck
Jun 19, 2023 1:53 PM
May 2020
Ventus_S said:
I've been spoiled of the rape thing very early on and now it's finally there.
I think the execution is done very well and it flash out what a twisted man Robin has become.
I know this is a controversial topic but given that the amount of 1/5 rating on this episode, seems to me Mal community is a lot more innocent than i thought lolz.
Like srsly you guys cant take this type of topic?

Also for a post apocalyptic dystopian society, rape is a pretty common theme, and you can see a lot of prostitutes walking on street looking for people, showing from the previous episodes already.
making fun of people for not wanting to see a rape scene, which is avoidable in the story is a bit strange don't you think lad?
Jun 19, 2023 2:41 PM
Dec 2020
I'm curious now to know if you people still like this awful show after this ep😂 it was obviously awful since around ep 4 or something with sh*t themes and topics, and here we go again😂

Amazing production/direction and visuals are wasted on this show ngl
Hasan_LelouchJun 19, 2023 2:45 PM
Jun 19, 2023 2:58 PM
Dec 2020
Hasan_Lelouch said:
I'm curious now to know if you people still like this awful show after this ep😂 it was obviously awful since around ep 4 or something with sh*t themes and topics, and here we go again😂

Yes. It's a great show. One of the best I've seen recently. It doesn't shy away from presenting the world it built up as being true to itself. There are good people, bad people, confused people and f*cked up people. And they all play a part in this world. Robin sits firmly in that last category, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a place in the story. You cannot hope to endure the horror, if you refuse to look at it. That is the take away here, and it's something that is exciting to me. The prospect of people enduring the worst and still hoping, fighting for a better tomorrow. And it's perfectly fine if you prefer a more relaxed show, but I'm just confused why you're here in the first place.
Jun 19, 2023 2:58 PM
Apr 2023
Unoriginality said:
Why would he asked Maru to stay at home? That’s dumb, also very naive of her leaving her gun to Maru like that, without the gun she is nothing but a “prey”. Nontheless I hate this episode what the fuck
Unoriginality said:
you forget they searched Kiruko for weapons before she was allowed to visit the filtration plant. She was probably told beforehand she wasn't allowed to bring weapons.
Jun 19, 2023 3:06 PM

Oct 2017
BoiOBoi69 said:
Ventus_S said:
I've been spoiled of the rape thing very early on and now it's finally there.
I think the execution is done very well and it flash out what a twisted man Robin has become.
I know this is a controversial topic but given that the amount of 1/5 rating on this episode, seems to me Mal community is a lot more innocent than i thought lolz.
Like srsly you guys cant take this type of topic?

Also for a post apocalyptic dystopian society, rape is a pretty common theme, and you can see a lot of prostitutes walking on street looking for people, showing from the previous episodes already.
making fun of people for not wanting to see a rape scene, which is avoidable in the story is a bit strange don't you think lad?

Not rly, i just find ppl have very double standard when it comes to various topics.
Jun 19, 2023 3:08 PM

Oct 2017
PuzzleHeadedTree said:
Unoriginality said:
Unoriginality said:
you forget they searched Kiruko for weapons before she was allowed to visit the filtration plant. She was probably told beforehand she wasn't allowed to bring weapons.
Exactly.
If they request her to GO ALONE WITHOUT WEAPON, ofc she cant bring Maru nor her gun.
And from her past memory she trusted Robin, thus why she agrees to it.
Guess a lot of audience lost the ability to read visual story telling nowadays and need everything spit out word to word for them, like what Demon Slayer does.
Jun 19, 2023 3:12 PM

Apr 2021
Hasan_Lelouch said:
I'm fine with a show introducing difficult themes because including them in your story doesn't mean you endorse them in any way. And in this case, I believe the show introduces these themes because they are plausible in this context and they have an importance in the general story.
But in the end, the positive guy in me think that Maru and Kiruko already have found their paradise, it's one another. Their carefree, happy relationship and their positive nature despite everything they face show that being together is the best thing they can experience. And that's a pretty nice message.
Jun 19, 2023 3:17 PM

Oct 2017
For people who said Robin's action is out of place and completely unhinted, think again.

1. All Robin rly does for Haruko is beat the shit out of a thief they're all trying to catch and reward him.
2. From ep3 we know he's being overprotective to children, but if you look at other way, maybe he has some pedophiliac complex , thus he takes special care with children. We dont rly know him.
3. Haruki doesn't rly live with him, nor spend a lot of time with him, he's like a far off model to him and that's it. We all know people have two faces which they show differently between different people.
4. All we know about Robin is from Haruki's limited perspective of his fantasized Robin, we don't rly know too much about this character on screen.
5. When Robin first showed up in ep12, he has a sinister look on his face, not like a good guy Haruki speaks of.
6. When he first saw Haruki's sister's face, he has a look as if he's looking at a ghost, showing that he might be the one who shoot Haruki's sister in ep3.
7. If he TRULY care about these siblings, why would he dump them immediately after the man-eater incident instead of helping them?

I think is pretty obvious Robin is a pretty messed up guy from ep3 alone honestly.
My point is we actually know very little about Robin as a character from Haruki's perspective. 
Jun 19, 2023 4:21 PM
Dec 2020
B3RyL01 said:
Hasan_Lelouch said:

Yes. It's a great show. One of the best I've seen recently. It doesn't shy away from presenting the world it built up as being true to itself. There are good people, bad people, confused people and f*cked up people. And they all play a part in this world. Robin sits firmly in that last category, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have a place in the story. You cannot hope to endure the horror, if you refuse to look at it. That is the take away here, and it's something that is exciting to me. The prospect of people enduring the worst and still hoping, fighting for a better tomorrow. And it's perfectly fine if you prefer a more relaxed show, but I'm just confused why you're here in the first place.

"more relaxed show", bro, I've seen more "horror" or "dark" themed shows, and I like such things, but it doesnt have to be all sexual. This show showed its true nature by having such themes as its sh*t core and messages. This ep didnt even put me off as much as ep 4-5-6 as well, where every cringe sh*t dialogue was s*x, touch, gender sh*t etc.. But still...
You can like it, I have nothing to do with this. I'm only saying my opinion

Why I'm here!? Before the season started, saw the trailer and loved the show from just that. 1st couple eps were amazing but then after that after revealing its themes my love turned to hate, I dropped it once, but yeah I got back later, as I said, it had incredible production and some cool moments. Sadly its wasted here. I hate dropping things as well. But yeah I may drop this for good for this time for the 1st time, that would be better
Jun 19, 2023 4:25 PM

Oct 2017
Hasan_Lelouch said:
B3RyL01 said:

"more relaxed show", bro, I've seen more "horror" or "dark" themed shows, and I like such things, but it doesnt have to be all sexual. This show showed its true nature by having such themes as its sh*t core and messages. This ep didnt even put me off as much as ep 4-5-6 as well, where every cringe sh*t dialogue was s*x, touch, gender sh*t etc.. But still...

Why I'm here!? Before the season started, saw the trailer and loved the show from just that. 1st couple eps were amazing but then after that after revealing its themes my love turned to hate, I dropped it once, but yeah I got back later, as I said, it had incredible production and some cool moments. Sadly its wasted here. I hate dropping things as well. But yeah I may drop this for good for this time for the 1st time, that would be better
Well that's why Battle shonen like Demon Slayer exist.
It suited the type of normal audience like you guys :)
I mean there's plenty of shows with those common themes that only show the good side of the world already.

Mal ppl probably didn't know real world has a lot of awful things happened on a daily base w.o our notice.
What Haruki suffers is like everyday incident around the globe.  Being raped/ malice by someone close to them.
Child prostitution/ torture, etc.
Jun 19, 2023 4:41 PM
Dec 2020
rvdboom said:
Hasan_Lelouch said:
I'm fine with a show introducing difficult themes because including them in your story doesn't mean you endorse them in any way. And in this case, I believe the show introduces these themes because they are plausible in this context and they have an importance in the general story.
But in the end, the positive guy in me think that Maru and Kiruko already have found their paradise, it's one another. Their carefree, happy relationship and their positive nature despite everything they face show that being together is the best thing they can experience. And that's a pretty nice message.

Fair
But you can still make a verygood, and deep and dark story, without being weird

"Oh look its seinen story
How do you know its seinen?
Dont you see!? Sex, rape etc"
Thats the problem with nowadays authors, and also audience, they think if they put such themes it is automatically realistic and mature and deep
there are many stories with great worldbuilding and characters and themes, and dialogues, without being such weird
Also dont agree it entirely have good messages, cos I can see some questionable one, but nevermind. Won't talk about that
Hasan_LelouchJun 19, 2023 5:01 PM
Jun 19, 2023 4:44 PM
Dec 2020
Ventus_S said:
Hasan_Lelouch said:

Well that's why Battle shonen like Demon Slayer exist.
It suited the type of normal audience like you guys :)
I mean there's plenty of shows with those common themes that only show the good side of the world already.

Mal ppl probably didn't know real world has a lot of awful things happened on a daily base w.o our notice.
What Haruki suffers is like everyday incident around the globe.  Being raped/ malice by someone close to them.
Child prostitution/ torture, etc.

Already replied for this in response for another reply. In short, You can have good deep story, without being weird

Funny thing tho, u making fun of me by mentioning battle shonen, but I dont like most of these average shonens, especially Demon Slayer 😂
I like stuff like AOT, Monster, Tokyo Ghoul etc... Dark, deep, great, nice themes... without being weird🤷‍♂️
Jun 19, 2023 4:49 PM
Jun 2023
The episode was probably the most "brutal" (take it with a pinch of salt) out of the series (so far) due to the ending. It's not "oh wow cool anime survival vs monsters" or "haha funny", its f*cking gross. The direction was amazing, and the censoring was used well.
Thank god there is going to be an episode 13 because finishing the season like this would be horrible.
Jun 19, 2023 4:51 PM
Aug 2016
WTF!? The ending was so disturbing. I'm bout to cut Robins shlong off 😡😡
Jun 19, 2023 6:12 PM
Apr 2016
Ah yes, we once again enterted Made in Abyss shock value cringe material, time to drop a new bomb on Japan.
An other anime ruined  for the sake of shock value, because its author is a fucking porn addict who grew on doujin, and can't write a story if it doesn't include their fucked up kink. What a fucking waste of material, bring me back to 2006 I beg you. Even Shinsekai yori was more tame, actually, and clever, unlike this piece of disturbing garbage that will never get a second season, which makes it all worthless.
Can't wait for the autistic local manchild to tell me that brainswaping underaged random ass rape is ok and report them to the FBI.
Jun 19, 2023 7:05 PM
Jun 2015
Tsubasavo said:
WTF dude... As an anime only i thought the worst thing that could happen in this ep was Robin being revealed as the doctor who has taken over his body not fucking rape bruh. Goddamnit kiruko why did you not suspect a thing jfc

That's fucked up man. I was hoping Maru would secretly follow. Of all the times he picked to be decent and this happens
i was also expecting a body swap with the doctor but once the bath was pushed & then the clothes disappeared.. it was easy to see what time it was 😒

I hope Robin gets curb stomped
Jun 19, 2023 7:24 PM

Jul 2019
princess-weedo said:
Even Shinsekai yori was more tame, actually,

The anime may have been, but if you just want to talk about source material and the author inserting their "fuck up kink" into their stories, then go read the original Novel.

Jun 19, 2023 7:39 PM
Jun 2015
Mengning said:
Ishitateso said:
OK guys, try to think about it for a moment at a different angle: You think watching fictional monsters killing or torturing humans is perfectly "normal" and "fun" entertainment, but if something happens that is "too real" in the sense that it actually could happen in the real world, and even the main character is not immune against it because we don't have any plot armor here, that is at once disgusting, unnecessary, offensive or I don't know what other shit you would call it.
Bro trying to justify rape. Deam, I love this community.
horribly bad faith interpretation of their comment
Jun 19, 2023 7:57 PM

Dec 2016
Mcfeeley said:
I can only guess based on how Robin was so at ease of doing this he also raped Kiruko in the past.  What a way to find out your sister was victimized.  I may go back and watch the past episode to see if the real Kiruko had and strange reactions about Robin’s presence.
Damn, well observed i didn't think of that... People saying he is disturbed now, but probably already was in the past. Great episode, very realistic, as sad as it is.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Jun 19, 2023 8:11 PM
May 2022
The ending made me sick, this was incredibly uncomfortable and disgusting to watch.
Jun 19, 2023 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
I was NOT expecting that 😭😭
Jun 19, 2023 10:52 PM

Apr 2021
Hasan_Lelouch said:
But you can still make a verygood, and deep and dark story, without being weird
Surely. But you also can do good weird things. And it's not as if it wasn't shown from the first episode that this would be a weird show.
I mean you have post-apocalyptic context, monsters which eat humans, children raised in a building cut out of the world with special powers.
We're not watching Non Non Biyori, it's was obvious from the start that this would be weird.
Having sex as a topic in this context doesn't make it any weirder. It is something quite important for our specie after all and it's perfectly natural to wonder how would these people in this context deal with it.
And it's not as if it is the only explored theme. The scenes with nudity or real sexual content amount for about 3mn of the show, something like 1% of its duration. It's not like it's all over the place.
rvdboomJun 20, 2023 1:08 AM
Jun 19, 2023 11:43 PM
Apr 2022
well-written episode, still a lot of loose ends that should've been tied up already imo. is Robin the one responsible for transplanting Haruki's brain into Kiriko's body then ?
Jun 20, 2023 12:30 AM
Sep 2020
It was a brutal rape but did she/he have romantic feelings for the pervert. I didn't read manga so ı didn't understand fully.
Jun 20, 2023 12:56 AM
Oct 2014
Damn, it sucks that from the get go. As soon we understand it's the brother in the sisters body. I was already expecting this to a degree, like, yup worst place I can imagine this being taken is right here. However kudos on the, "watch me sully the sister you love so dear whose body you currently inhabit". That's one wild NTR build up from an airing anime. Plus the b-roll of Maru going about the day with a sense of loneliness and worry, all the while completely unaware of how sour the situation has gone. Not only is it an NTR plot to the T, but you've got the double with Haruki having to be the victim, while simultaneously being the watcher(the psychology on that is fucked). Then you have the viewers standard NTR perspective of Maru unaware of Kiruko being tarnished by the naively trusted third party.

I can't speak on the signs that lead up to this point, I just expected it because unfortunately my mind falls on that side of things(degeneracy and what not). I've read some of what people have speculated so far, but I imagine this is either a twist or we've purposefully had our eyes covered for a reason. I don't really know how to articulate whether something was good writing or not, but while I was not comfortable with events that unfolded. I can appreciate the complexity or the levels of how messed up this twist is.

Would very much like to see a decent wrap up in the last episode... This show doesn't feel like the type to have a second season, idk what the last episode is going to be like, but you can only hope for the best in these circumstances. As long as I'm not left lingering, wishing they had more episodes to work with. Just leave me with an end, or a good stop till the next season.

I give this episode a 3/5. I haven't consumed a lot of stories that throw twists at you like this without so much as some crumbs to lead you. So I frankly don't know how to feel on that front. Not a comfortable topic to be put on display, but the episode was directed really well lol.
Jun 20, 2023 1:21 AM
Aug 2018
This episode was masterfully done, wow.
That last scene, though... man, so dark.
Jun 20, 2023 2:15 AM

Jul 2019
deg said:
and the rape scene is finally here eh im glad they censored it since it was painful to read in the manga
tbh, censored version was way creepier to me
Jun 20, 2023 2:18 AM
Nov 2018
Ventus_S said:
For people who said Robin's action is out of place and completely unhinted, think again.

1. All Robin rly does for Haruko is beat the shit out of a thief they're all trying to catch and reward him.
2. From ep3 we know he's being overprotective to children, but if you look at other way, maybe he has some pedophiliac complex , thus he takes special care with children. We dont rly know him.
3. Haruki doesn't rly live with him, nor spend a lot of time with him, he's like a far off model to him and that's it. We all know people have two faces which they show differently between different people.
4. All we know about Robin is from Haruki's limited perspective of his fantasized Robin, we don't rly know too much about this character on screen.
5. When Robin first showed up in ep12, he has a sinister look on his face, not like a good guy Haruki speaks of.
6. When he first saw Haruki's sister's face, he has a look as if he's looking at a ghost, showing that he might be the one who shoot Haruki's sister in ep3.
7. If he TRULY care about these siblings, why would he dump them immediately after the man-eater incident instead of helping them?

I think is pretty obvious Robin is a pretty messed up guy from ep3 alone honestly.
My point is we actually know very little about Robin as a character from Haruki's perspective. 
You watched a different anime.

"1. All Robin rly does for Haruko is beat the shit out of a thief"
"3. Haruki doesn't rly live with him, nor spend a lot of time with him, he's like a far off model to him and that's it."
Episode 3:
- What do you think about him?
- Well, we grew up in the same house, so I guess he's like family. But he's also a close friend. I suppose I admire him.
- Their highest earning racer died and the leader went missing.
They literally grew up with him, he was leading the orphanage. Which is rather difficult in post-apocalyptic world. Haruko knew him very well and was surrounded by other people who shared his high opinion about Robin for many years.

"2. From ep3 we know he's being overprotective to children, but if you look at other way, maybe he has some pedophiliac complex , thus he takes special care with children. We dont rly know him."
There is not a hint of it in anime. It is all you "looking the other way", ignoring known facts and inventing alternative reality.

"4. All we know about Robin is from Haruki's limited perspective of his fantasized Robin, we don't rly know too much about this character on screen."
No. He was well known and respected in Immortal Order for years. They call him "sensei", a honorific reserved for teachers and doctors, a pointed sign of respect. The same happens in Ibaraki - he is a "chief" there. Before that he was leading the orphanage after the collapse, living with the siblings for years and there was not a slightest hint that something is amiss.

"5. When Robin first showed up in ep12, he has a sinister look on his face"
I suppose you mean in ep11. He looks tired. It is not a hint.

"6. When he first saw Haruki's sister's face, he has a look as if he's looking at a ghost, showing that he might be the one who shoot Haruki's sister in ep3."
Ffs. He had no idea who tried to contact him:
 - She didn't leave a last name, but it's a young woman called Kiruko.
Robin knew Kiriko and Haruki Takehaya, not Kiruko. When he looks at her, her hair change color, he recognizes her as Kiriko. Kiriko's death is unexplained, her circumstances are not widely known to the public:
- Their highest earning racer died (ep3)
- How long since you disappeared? Five years? I was so worried. There were rumors that you lost it after killing your brother in a race (ep2)
Robin suddenly meets a person who, according to rumors, died and/or killed Haruki. He has plenty of reasons to react this way. "he might be the one who shoot" is a pure speculation without a shred of evidence.

"7. If he TRULY care about these siblings, why would he dump them immediately after the man-eater incident instead of helping them?"
Robin left Asakusa following the suspicious doctor, when he returned the orphanage was gone, Kiriko presumed dead. And he wasn't a doctor back then. He started learning surgery right after the event though (ep8):
- He had surgical knowledge and was studying Dr. Usami's technique. He said he's not going to let anyone else die.
It's almost like he was deeply affected by death of some people who were close to him and immediately after the events of ep3 devoted years of his life to become a doctor in order to save lives. I wonder who those people could be. What a mystery it is.

You tried to list the hints and failed to present any. All of it is either a pure speculation or just plain contradicts to facts shown in the anime. You were not paying attention. Maybe this title is too complex for you. Too subtle. Not black-and-white enough.

Everything shown so far points that Robin is not a mustache twirling villain. His last actions are very damning but there was no any build up to them. Not just a weak buildup, there was literally none. For 15 years after the collapse he was persistently making the world a better place for people around him.

I read reddit a bit, it seems that Robin disappeared again soon after and is yet to return in manga. The author may still make Robin a cardboard one-note villain if it suits the plot, there is enough wiggling space for it. But I very much doubt that it was his intention from the start. There were no any hints in the story up to the end of ep12.

Also, quite a few people on reddit are upset that Kiruko is not broken and wallowing in self pity. I think this is another sign that author had no any intention to make Robin a villain for good. The event just ends the quest for Robin and temporarily excludes him from the story. I guess we will see how it turns out.

Edit: I read the manga to the last released chapter, 55. Without spoiling anything, the seemingly dumb "Robin was secretly evil the whole time and revealed it for no reason" theory is most likely correct and the random rape scene is just a method to instantly turn Robin into a villain. The whole Kiriko's death mystery is one big dumb joke. I expected too much from the author. Expectations subverted indeed. Lame. Well, it's still fun to read and watch, it all that matters in the end.
FreezePeachJun 20, 2023 9:27 AM
Jun 20, 2023 2:48 AM
Jul 2021
man what the fuck was that.
Jun 20, 2023 5:36 AM

May 2015
princess-weedo said:
Ah yes, we once again enterted Made in Abyss shock value cringe material, time to drop a new bomb on Japan.
An other anime ruined  for the sake of shock value, because its author is a fucking porn addict who grew on doujin, and can't write a story if it doesn't include their fucked up kink. What a fucking waste of material, bring me back to 2006 I beg you. Even Shinsekai yori was more tame, actually, and clever, unlike this piece of disturbing garbage that will never get a second season, which makes it all worthless.
Can't wait for the autistic local manchild to tell me that brainswaping underaged random ass rape is ok and report them to the FBI.

You really need to put down the phone and go outside if drawings make you want to murder actual people. Seriously if the FBI needs to be called on anyone it be you there chief, you seem more than a bit unhinged
Jun 20, 2023 6:09 AM
Apr 2020
I think that the biggest barrier this show has to overcome is to connect the dots of different sub-story. I was worried it would suck at the last moment. But I love the episode. It is giving me hope. Finger crossed
Jun 20, 2023 7:58 AM

Dec 2017
Imagine spending 5 year searching for the guy you looked up to as a kid. And when you finally find him, he fcks you in the ass. Tha's just sad
Jun 20, 2023 8:51 AM
Feb 2021
lmao dude been looked like a creep... n "ive warmed the room up." c'mon..
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

477 by Kobayashis »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

26 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

126 by Lithium95 »»
Sep 11, 10:46 PM

» Season 2 ?

seasonanimes_ - Sep 8

12 by JuliusKingsley0 »»
Sep 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

132 by g_c_ »»
Sep 4, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.