Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2020 5:07 AM
Jul 2015
How much time has passed after the crystal from subaru glowed? Did Garfield killed Emilia then it turned to snow? Nice episode though, really happy that at least Subaru got to tell what he's been going through.
Aug 27, 2020 5:35 AM
Feb 2014
Rob7 said:
- Otto's death was completely predictable after the huge Death Flag from last episode.

- But something was really odd. Garfield blood rage looked out of place, because until that moment there was no reason to see him as a villain. But anyway, it is not the 1st time it happens in the series, just need to remember Rem.

- And the Monty Python Bunnies was COMPLETELY RANDOM. It was the most fool and (until this point at least), pointless and meaningless death of Subaru. Even more than his death to the muggers in the 1st arc.

- If i may guess what happened:

1. Subaru was teleported again by the stone the same way that happened when he crossed the barrier, but we know that it is not automatic, so someone from inside the Sanctuary induced it.

2. The barrier was not released (at this point i believe that ALL the Arc 4 will be only about the Sanctuary and the trials, since this 1st half of the arc will just find a solution, if much, to the tragedy at the Mansion).

3. If the barrier was not released, why nobody is around? Simple, they become Demon Bunny's food, sure. Look at the numbers of that plague!

4. And what are that gore Bunnies? I strongly guess they are result of some SUICIDE strategy by the Sanctuary Faction (cough.. "White R..." ahem...) that don't want the barrier to be released.

Rob, so far you are for sure favourite if it's about theories on mal!

You should definitely check something what i wrote on 5th page ;)

1.I was talking about stone and yea, it was weird for me when Subaru talked in Sanctuary about it, they talked about explosion and how Frederica was a bad guy here, but when he actually talked to her about that, he montioned only teleportation and she was suprised when she heard that so i'm here with you that it was weird and someone is triggering it

2.I think they still focus for now on the mansion, unless they will be some way to take down the barrier in on night (which will be splitten into episodes and done 'fast' by Subaru) because to save Petra and Frederica he has to go back the next day i believe. If i had to guess after end of tea party, he might try to talk to Garfiel but he can't leave with the barrier anyway so he won't be any help with Elsa, so Subaru will have to count for help from Beatrice.
I wonder what means what he heard from Roswaal about being THE GUY, is it just spy-ish password? or maybe it has some deeper meaning? is it connected to Roswaal probably knowing about RbD? If theory about Elsa being sent by Roswaal would be truth, that mean he sent her in first season to find 'hero'/knights for Emilia he read in the book that told him future and it might be possible he reffered to him as Subaru being 'him'. The only plot hole would be if Roswaal would remember changes in the book to figure out why it happens but i guess it could be explained by Beatrice being aware? Idk

3.Yea, thats pretty obvious, i'm only suprised by lack of blood which could be explained by it being under snow, but there was none even in church so im not sure

4.YES! i have 2 ideas about it. I was talking (and i'm suprised no one else was) that we still don't know anthing about what is inside barrier and what's going to happen after it will be taken down (and Roswaal motives, and why actually he went so far to try to take it down). We heard that there is faction that doesn't want barrier to be taken down and Re;Zero doesn't share with such crucial info when it's not really relevant more or less. So first would be that they were attacked inside the Sanctuary and the most likely Emilia died and snow came upon the land and rabbits just were able to survive i guess. But why Puck doesn't show up if he can still release his power? Second idea is that because they are mabeasts, could it be made by the same person who attacked them in first season via dogs? If everything i/we assumed would be true, Elsa's parter she named was actually that person it could be possible that when she was sent to the mansion, that Mild-orhoweverhe/shewascalled person could be sent to Sanctuary (or just attacked remotly without entering inside)

Ps. thanks to your hanafuda profile i know you are men of culture :P
Aug 27, 2020 5:43 AM

Jun 2016
holyyy shiettt !!!
this season 2 of re zero is fuckinggg AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!
Aug 27, 2020 6:10 AM

Jul 2020
Raon said:
Echidna be like "Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered Hanekawa's catchphrase upon watching that scene lol.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 27, 2020 6:15 AM

Feb 2014
This episode makes you feel a powerful mixture of emotions, like a rollercoaster hat doesn't give you a chance to rest before pounding another emotional or disturbing moment into you at full speed. Because of that, this is the best episode of the second season of Re Zero so far.

It was good that Subaru chose to question Roswaal again about Beatrice and he tells Subaru that she isn't part of the witch's cult, and that the book she has with her isn't a gospel, either, but one that can tell the true future. He also gives Subaru another worded response to say to Beatrice to make sure that she'll ally with him.

However, shortly afterwards, Garfiel finally made his appearance and after a short conversation, he went on the attack. Otto & Ram got their plan into motion, but it was sadly futile. Garfiel beast transformation put a stop to the plan, along with killing everyone in sight.

Subaru somehow ended up in all alone in a snowy version of the Sanctuary, where he met his demise by the sight of a cute bunny.....which became a murderous bunny of one, then thousands upon thousands. I think this is one most disturbing and graphic deaths that I've seen of Re Zero so far. =(

Subaru got back to the same checkpoint as before, but he ended up having a mental breakdown. It was at this moment when Echidna summoned him back to her tea party and thus led to the best scene so far this season. Echidna, once again, showed her cute side when she wanted praise for her efforts and she became all flustered when Subaru got close to her in response. XD

Those antics aside, Subaru was finally able to tell her about his "Return By Death", the first time this has ever happened. The poor lad broke down crying after telling, or, more accurately, shouting emotionally at Echidna, about the hell he went through, which led to Echidna to comfort him, wiping away his tears and with a beautiful smile to boot.

Rem will still my favourite girl, but Echidna is hot on her heels for 1st place at this rate. X3
Aug 27, 2020 6:22 AM
Jan 2014
I thought it's Puck doing his thing again, but this time it's Monty Python rabbits.
Damn with murderous Garfield as he is, no wonder those guys are confined in a barrier. Better not let those abomination roam the world and find a way to get out without breaking the barrier.
Actually I just realized Frederica should have known about the barrier and still told Emilia to go in without giving any information. She's not innocent.
zenograffAug 27, 2020 6:41 AM
Aug 27, 2020 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
vangoz said:
I thought it's Puck doing his thing again, but this time it's Monty Python rabbits.
Damn with murderous Garfield as he is, no wonder those guys are confined in a barrier. Better not let those abomination roam the world and find a way to get out without breaking the barrier.
Actually I just realized Frederica should have known about the barrier and still told Emilia to go in without giving any information. She's not innocent.

I mean they let those dangerous mabeast , a gut hunting psychopath, a bunch of psychotic witch cults, and a dangerous Spirit that often wants to destroy the world (Puck) roam around.
What's so much different letting lose a Garfield cat :3
Aug 27, 2020 7:37 AM

Feb 2008
RiceKnight59 said:
Garfiel actually does turn into Garfield LOL

I'm glad best girl is back and was able to support Subaru. All this time he's been dealing with his ability alone and had no one he could talk to about it. Does this mean she's been inside his head since he showed up in this world?

He looks like Rei from Urusei Yatsura.
Aug 27, 2020 7:44 AM

May 2019
For whose are curious, interesting complete passages of the light novel for this episode only:

Episode 8 (LN vol. 11)

- Subaru was a bit more flippant when met Ram.

- Roswaal is more descriptive about the Gospels.

- The conversation about Beatrice cooperation had more considerations:

- Even more considerations (Beako's pact):

- Equidona was not "magically" stalking Subaru over all the history of the series, but just discovered RbD by reading his memories.
Also, Subaru mentally explains better how the RbD curse works.

Rob7Aug 27, 2020 8:29 AM
Aug 27, 2020 7:54 AM

Apr 2016
gosh darn it! now i ship subaru and echidna. it definitely made me cry.

bananabonkersAug 27, 2020 7:58 AM
Aug 27, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2014
WTF happened in the village? Why was it snowing? How long was he knocked out? Was he teleported somewhere? WHAT THE F WERE THOSE ADORABLE YET DEADLY BUNBUNS?
Also GOD DAMN IT ECHIDNA!!!! That last part hit me hard! I now ship Subaru with Echidna! Literally the first character whom he’s able to tell every suffering straightforward with no backlash, this ep was so damn good.
11/10. Echidna now is my best girl!
Aug 27, 2020 7:58 AM
Aug 2012
I don't understand what happened after the necklace activates. Looks like garfiel prob killed Emilia and puck went berserk again, destroying the world, ok. But what about the other people? Why there's not blood, corpses, houses destroyed? Everything just look peaceful and people left without any injuries.
Aug 27, 2020 8:03 AM
Jul 2020
Echidna wants to know everything
Echidna knows whats excatly going on
Echidna is weak againts straightforward act
Echidna is lonely

Im writing my waifu of the year's fact. Wanna join?
Aug 27, 2020 8:14 AM
Aug 2016
anime-prime said:
At this point it feels like this arc is being unnaturally stretched out to reach a 13 episode count. There was a lot of unnecessary padding in these past few episodes.

That being said, it was still enjoyable and we got a few more pieces of the puzzle, although the rabbit scene was a little too ridiculous, even for anime standards.
I'd rather they do it like this than rush it
Aug 27, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2019
remphz said:
I don't understand what happened after the necklace activates. Looks like garfiel prob killed Emilia and puck went berserk again, destroying the world, ok. But what about the other people? Why there's not blood, corpses, houses destroyed? Everything just look peaceful and people left without any injuries.

Yeah that setting was WAY too scary and bone chilling...hope we will find out what really happened in the next episode ^_^
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 27, 2020 8:49 AM
Jun 2020
Garfiel looks unstoppable in his beast mode.

That last scene with Echidna, finally, Subaru's burden of not being able to tell anyone about Return By Death has been released. Such a touching scene.
Aug 27, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2019
This episode, in short description:

- Let's discuss about seat slots and wait for Garf to reach us. No way anything bad will happen.

- PIRANHA RABBITS (3D)

- I can say out loud I'M A NECROLOGICAL TIME TRAVELER (suck that Satella!)

*leaves the Tea Party* Hey Emilia-tan, wake up, i'm in great mood now!

... Emilia?

whoaaayeeeaaayaaai~

Aug 27, 2020 9:22 AM

Jun 2016
Garfiel's transformation was wild.
He is definitely a cooler cat than the American Garfield who hates Mondays lol

I love those rabbits, but the fact that the entire village being empty concerned me the most. A lot of stuff must've happened in the time that he was unconscious.

The mystery of Roswall grows by the episode. I look forward to seeing more about his character.

Finally that tea party may have been brief, but it looks like Subaru can truly start to be at peace with Return by Death. Subaru has been great this season. I love him as a character now. He has matured so much. I guess dying that many times will do that to you lol
Aug 27, 2020 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
...wow.

Okay, so...

That scene with Echdna and Subaru was really touching. It is good to remember that the situation Subaru is in it's not an easy one. He is not able to keep his cool and his rationale all the time. I mean, it is not easy to die over and over and to see people you like being killed over and over and not lose it entirely.
For example, I don't know if I would be able to not resent Garfiel after all this shit. I would have to make an active effort to remind myself that I maybe need him to get out of this mess...and that would be hard.
I guess I would be a horrible MC hahahahaha

ALSO THE KILLING RABBITS FROM MONTHY PYTHON LOL
I mean, I laught first and then I just wanted it to stop D:

Saw some comments about this here and yeah, I also thought that the world all snowy had something to do with Puck. We don't know much about what happens after Beatrice is killed...maybe they go after the Sanctuary and kill Emilia? Those rabbits seemed not normal either...maju?

And I call Garfiel "Garfield" so much and then he turned into some kind of big stripped cat monster lol

Aug 27, 2020 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
I keep on tearing up in every ep but this ep really hits me hard
That one with in winter and rabbits was intense gave chills really
but finally subaru has someone who he can tell it
Really the rabbits (It was really terrifying, not only the gore but the setup)
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Aug 27, 2020 10:22 AM

Feb 2017
Man I want garfiel dead, actually 100% dead never to be seen again, but nope, not how japanese stories work, suba will just get a perfect route and he will likely become an ally or something, hate the prick.
Aug 27, 2020 10:27 AM
Apr 2019
echidana best girl
Aug 27, 2020 10:31 AM

Feb 2016
It surprises me. I didn't think about Garfiel doing that. And Otto with his loyalty, accomplishing what he said. Rabbit scene was terrifying. Echidna best waifu, but don't rely on her ! Well done episode.
Aug 27, 2020 10:33 AM
Jan 2014
That rabbit scene though. Haven't been scarred by such scary death scene since 11eyes.
Aug 27, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2015
well now we're seeing the virtues of Echidna and why she's best grill. but remember that she's a witch at the end of the day. witch, by its wording, is meant to be derogatory aka what atrocities have she done while, in her case, pursuing knowledge?

I'm still on the opinion that this 3rd run is a complete waste. speaking from a completely gamer perspective. he got caught? well you already lost at that point. I was wondering what's so special about this run and still nothing until the Echidna scene happened.

so time for 4th run. are we speedrunning this 'game' now?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 27, 2020 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
Nice, I didn't expect them to be able to properly convey the horror of Subaru feeling how all of his organs get digested and mentally breaking down as a result

Aug 27, 2020 10:37 AM
Nov 2019
This episode might just be Subaru's most gruesome death yet. And that's saying a lot.
Aug 27, 2020 10:38 AM

May 2020
My respect for Echidna has been increased a 1000000......... folds after watching this episode. She is great❤❤❤ I don't want to see her turning into evil if that would happen later in the story. Because some people are saying that she is evil. But so far she is more like a godess and i want her to remain like this please.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Aug 27, 2020 10:39 AM
Jul 2019
Ho ho, what can be worse for Subaru after going through all that "returning from death , thing over and over again?????

1. Having to deal with Elsa?

2.Having to get his ass beaten up by Garfield?

or this ?
Aug 27, 2020 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
I have a really long take about knowledge and the pursuit of it (Echidna) and this will be a huge tangent so I'll put it in spoiler.

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 27, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
Finally a good episode, don't know if we could get any lower than the beginning of this season but I guess the show is finally back on track, also is it wrong for me to hope that the spawn point would've changed after all those people died?
Aug 27, 2020 11:05 AM
Sep 2017
What a heart-wrenching episode!
Really great to see Subaru finally being able to let out his secret with someone, that being Echidna. Garfiel losing his cool and killing all of those citizens, Otto, and the bird whose name I forgot was so difficult to watch. I presume Ram was killed in that ordeal, too.
The rabbit scene was very weird. Is this foreshadowing or just some oddball scene to give us chills? It was still entertaining though so no complaints. Just horrifying for what we might see come next episode.
Aug 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Oct 2017
Planas said:
Finally a good episode, don't know if we could get any lower than the beginning of this season but I guess the show is finally back on track, also is it wrong for me to hope that the spawn point would've changed after all those people died?

The spawn point will only ever change when:

Aug 27, 2020 11:20 AM
Mar 2015
1. It surely must have been mentioned by someone already, and
2. I can't believe I realized this only now, but:

There seems to be a theme going on with Subaru crying and being consoled by girls in the 8th episode of a season. I wonder who it will be in season 3. ;)
Aug 27, 2020 11:52 AM
Aug 2016
Nice episode.
Now i'm curious to see what Echidna's pretext for being a lurker is.
Aug 27, 2020 11:53 AM

Jul 2019
10 100/100 1000/1000

What a fest of raw emotions.
From a hopeful restart. again. to the valley of tears and desperation in a matter of minutes. It was so interesting how the roles switched. Garfiel changed from ally to the greatest obstacle. And then.. I guess Emilia died and Puck destroyed the world?
This might have been Subaru's most brutale death yet. Slowly being nibbled away by demon snow rabbits. *shiver*

How will everything work out this time? There are so many different characters and factions involved. One missstep and SUbaru antagonise again someone powerful.
Aug 27, 2020 1:06 PM

Aug 2018
Ok boys I am now officially spikey for Echidna O.O
Aug 27, 2020 1:09 PM
Jan 2013
Can I just say that
Garfiel is a fucking asshole!!!
Aug 27, 2020 2:10 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
ttcchen said:
gappasaurus said:
Is it wrong that the whole time Subaru was
i couldn’t stop laughing, because all i could think of was The Beast of Caerbannog 😄
which is... very scary?

It’s the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on! It’s got a viscious streak a mile wide! He’s a killer! Look at the bones! 😆
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Aug 27, 2020 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
i had to look away during the rabbit scene, this anime loves its gore... geeeeeeeeeeez

screw that fucking garfiel, i swear characters who have accelerator's VA screaming (except Bakugou, i guess) are always going to enter my hate list, a list that i never had before watching him lmao

yay more Echidna time, i never thought a witch would be the best character in this anime, if only the other "bad characters" could be this fun to watch
winddevil1Aug 27, 2020 2:17 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 27, 2020 2:47 PM
Jun 2019
I admit that i cried to the last scene, finally Subaru can tell someone what he had to pass trough..
Aug 27, 2020 2:50 PM
Apr 2020
I just finished the episode. The last scene was so deep... I can't even stop listening to the ending ost. This ep's become my fav ep of re: zero. If there is a way, I'd like to join Gōyoku no Majo's Cult, please. \(。◕‿◕。)/
Aug 27, 2020 3:02 PM
Apr 2020
I couldn’t stop thinking of Monty Python Holy Grail during the rabbit scene
Aug 27, 2020 3:03 PM

Nov 2015
Very good episode.

Honestly, I was more shocked by the deaths of otto, the two villagers and patrache, and seeing the desperation of subaru over were-rabbits.
I was also firmly convinced that otto, was of the witch cult and was acting out of opportunism, instead he sacrificed his life for subaru.

Garf is out of his mind. With the excuse of protecting the sanctuary he transforms and starts killing everyone.

I didn't get the rabbit scene. Subaru appears to react to contact with the barrier, but wakes up inside the sanctuary in an unspecified future. The abitants seem to have vanished into thin air, leaving only their clothes. Then the werewolf rabbits arrive and kill subaru.

I am enjoying Echidna more and more.
Aug 27, 2020 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
Great ending.

BeardedSol said:
I couldn’t stop thinking of Monty Python Holy Grail during the rabbit scene

THIS ^^^^^
Aug 27, 2020 4:09 PM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
What is the relation between both scenes ?
EMT

Aug 27, 2020 4:10 PM

Oct 2017
Yo Echidna took Hanekawas: "I only know what I know."- line. Ain't complaining tho.

Subaru finally got all this trauma off his chest. Good for him!
Aug 27, 2020 4:51 PM
Apr 2013

Those adorable rabbits are nightmare fuel. What a horrible way to go out.

I was rooting for Garfiel to end up with Ram but since it implied that he slaughtered her without remorse as well as Otto (right when I started liking him) makes me mad. Even if he thought Subaru was a witch cultists he didn't need to hurt Ram and Otto. Ram deserves a better love triangle.

I wish Emilia had more screen time this episode and I hope to see her full back story soon. Emilia and Ram need more love.

I'm finally starting to trust and find Echidna to be lovable. I hope that I don't regret it like I did with Garfiel.
Aug 27, 2020 5:02 PM

Jun 2020
Nadjeshal said:
I admit that i cried to the last scene, finally Subaru can tell someone what he had to pass trough..

Same, when I thought episode 7´s ending was already very good, this one was 100 times more emotional! Like I wasn't ready at all for Otto, Patrasche and the villagers to sacrifice trying to save Subaru, him getting eaten alive, and mostly what you said ^ FINNALY he said to someone what was on his mind ever since he first died in this world, I literally cried with him lul :3
Aug 27, 2020 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Subaru needs to die some more, the lad just doesn't learn. BUt yeah great episode

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.