Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 26, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
Death Parade. It falls under 1,3,and 4. What a shit pile of a show from such a good concept. And Death Billiards was so damn good.
Jan 26, 2016 7:53 AM
Sep 2015
Died_in_Vain said:
Moles770 said:

After watching the first TG I started to read the manga decided it was awesome. Went to watch √A and I enjoyed it but died a little on the inside.

Why did you die a little?

I couldn't enjoy it because I barely could keep up with the storyline of the second season.

The Manga. The story-line in √A was entirely made up. I wanted to see what I had read animated like they did the first half. But the second part was way too different. The only thing they kept to was some of the scraps, and feels stuff. But totally missed out on the whole One-Eyed-Ghoul search thing, and made it all about Aogi-Tree.
El Psy Congroo.
Jan 26, 2016 7:58 AM
Jul 2015
Probably charlotte.
But the last ep was cool.

Jan 26, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2010
Owari no seraph. It really felt like I could give it 10 until the very last episode... But then, the last episode ruined it.

Jan 26, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2016
Berserk. Then again, that wasn't even the end of the story, the anime just ended it like that. The manga continues. But boy, that ending was all kinds of screwed up.

Many people say Death Note had a disappointing ending but I thought that it was perfect. Great lesson. Hey, next time don't pick up a book that fell from the sky with a wicked title!
~I'll wait, till the fruit has ripened, hehe~♥★ ♠ ♦

Jan 26, 2016 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
One Punch Man. The hype, man...

What I expected: 11/10 - Best anime ever made. Savior of the industry. Most charismatic lead of all time.

What I got: 2/10. - More ridiculous than Dragon Ball Z.

It's ok, though. "It's just a parody, bro!"
Jan 26, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
Zankyou no Terror - I wanted a cat and mouse game but instead I got Five who ruined the show.

Kill la Kill - I think I got too hyped and was dissapointed
Jan 26, 2016 1:34 PM

Apr 2015
Strike the blood because I had high expectations but it turned to be boring asf.
Jan 26, 2016 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
Dragon Ball Super greatly disappointed me. I mean, just look at that.....
Jan 26, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
Katanagatari is the most recent one. Wasn't expecting a masterpiece. But I was expecting it to be at least a 7/10. Seeing as how I see a lot of positive comments about it. What I got is a painfully average series that has characters that talk way too much.
Jan 26, 2016 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
1) The second Rurouni Kenshin OVA, Reflections.
2) 5 cm/s
Jan 26, 2016 3:31 PM
Sep 2014
Trigun-------------------------------------
Jan 26, 2016 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
Soo many

Zankyou no Terror,Clannad, and black butler as well as others
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2016 3:54 PM

Sep 2015
Domi said:

Muv-Luv Alternative: The first two episodes were outstanding and the first third was fairly decent but it went downhill so fast and became one of the worst trainwrecks I've seen. The second half was painful to watch.

I very recently watched Muv Luv because of Schwarzemarken (sp?) coming out, and I agree wholeheartedly. It starts off with a humanity's last stand-esque setting...And then the Beta become completely irrelevant to the story because it devolves into beach episodes and harems LOL.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 26, 2016 10:54 PM

Mar 2012
The most recent anime that comes to mind is Charlotte. I don't think it's a bad series, but the show's AWFUL pacing led to a pretty miserable viewing experience, ESPECIALLY considering how highly I think of Jun Maeda's work.

I think the show could've been remarkable if it had two cours and actually paced itself out rather than move at a snail's pace through 10 episodes and then fly by like a bat out of hell in the last few episodes.
Jan 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
angel beats - "you need to watch it! it's funny and it's so emotional! you're gonna love it!" sure, tim, i want those 6 1/2 hours of my life back, dumbass
cowboy bebop - it was good, but not absolutely amazing as it was supposed to be
gankutsuo - i love the count of monte cristo, but what was that?
haibane renmei - everyone loves it, i could barely keep my eyes open
monster - a good anime, but not the most intelligent and exiting piece of work i've ever seen
tengen toppa gurrenn lagann - i just don't get it
Jan 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
Moles770 said:

The Manga. The story-line in √A was entirely made up. I wanted to see what I had read animated like they did the first half. But the second part was way too different. The only thing they kept to was some of the scraps, and feels stuff. But totally missed out on the whole One-Eyed-Ghoul search thing, and made it all about Aogi-Tree.

It's sound like they fucked up the second season. I don't know if I should be glad that I didn't like it or feel proud that I wasn't as stupid as I thought I was for not understanding the plot of the Root A series lol
Jan 27, 2016 12:52 PM

Nov 2013
My major disappointment: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood > never understood why it's the most popular anime here on MAL jfc

Classic "the animation is a masterpiece, the story is whatever" > Byousoku 5 Centimeter, Kara no Kyoukai (the first movie was so meeh that i lost interest in the others)
Classic "i loved the season 1 then why in the hell the season 2 is so horrible???" > psycho-pass, naruto (classic to shippuden in this case)
Classic "the manga is much better" > DEATH NOTE OMG THE ANIME IS A HORRIBLE MISTAKE SHAME ON YOU MADHOUSE (the animation and soundtrack are good tho)
Classic "omg jess watch it it's a masterpiece and then wtf is this shit???" > SAO, Tokyo Ghoul. no comments, just eeeewwww

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Jan 27, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2015
Some great ones were already mentioned like Tokyo Ghoul, 5 cm per second, Zankyou no Terror, One Punch Man and Guilty Crown.

Personally, X the movie...so dissapointing and absolutely horrible (the animation looked great so I expected something nice).
X1999 was never a masterpiece or anything, but I atleast liked it.

And Daily Live of Highschool Boys...I just don't get the comedy. Thought that I would like it but no...Dissapointing for me, because so many seem to think it's funny. And some bits definitely are. I just don't get most of it.
Jan 27, 2016 1:07 PM
Sep 2015
One Piece. People had praised the anime so much but it disappointed me sooo much.
Jan 27, 2016 1:18 PM

Mar 2014
Deadman Wonderland

They should've done something about that ending. Or make another season. One of the two.
Jan 27, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Wensbane said:
One Punch Man. The hype, man...

What I expected: 11/10 - Best anime ever made. Savior of the industry. Most charismatic lead of all time.

What I got: 2/10. - More ridiculous than Dragon Ball Z.

It's ok, though. "It's just a parody, bro!"

i feel you
even serious anime have better comedy
Jan 27, 2016 1:43 PM
Oct 2014
Last Exile->too slow

Kaze no Stigma-> Interesting at the beginning, boring at the end

Yuu Yuu Hakusho -> I loved Hunter X Hunter, so I tought I will love it too; a bad desicion it wasn't as good as I expected
SteelWolf_0971Nov 16, 2016 7:19 PM
Jan 27, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
Koshka_ said:
My major disappointment: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood > never understood why it's the most popular anime here on MAL jfc

Classic "the animation is a masterpiece, the story is whatever" > Byousoku 5 Centimeter, Kara no Kyoukai (the first movie was so meeh that i lost interest in the others)
Classic "i loved the season 1 then why in the hell the season 2 is so horrible???" > psycho-pass, naruto (classic to shippuden in this case)
Classic "the manga is much better" > DEATH NOTE OMG THE ANIME IS A HORRIBLE MISTAKE SHAME ON YOU MADHOUSE (the animation and soundtrack are good tho)
Classic "omg jess watch it it's a masterpiece and then wtf is this shit???" > SAO, Tokyo Ghoul. no comments, just eeeewwww

I pretty much agree with everything you said, but I def liked FMAB. To me it was super intense action all the way through.

Fuck 5cm/s though... haha
Jan 27, 2016 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
layfonkun said:
Mahouka and SAO S1, so underwhelming and you're talking to someone who loved the LNs. I don't blame the anime though.

They completely marginalized every character other than OniiSama and Miyuki, who got turned into a blubbering imouto with a brother complex. Don't even get me started on what they did with Erika and Mayumi. There is ALOT of world building in the novel, which was essentially ignored in the anime. Mahouka should have had a better adaptation, this came across as "We can make a lot of money off of this" and was a bit disrespectful to the LN.

SAO is not just Kirito and Asuna, the romance was important but none of the characters were handled well. Before Cockahara destroyed a good LN with psuedo harem bullshit, there was a lot to like early on and Aincraid was fun to read. The anime however said to hell with the characters and their internal struggles, ROMANCE! ROMANCE! ROMANCE! I can't even get mad anymore, I've made my peace with it but it is disappointing that Kirito comes across as a Stu when he (early on) wasn't. Asuna wasn't just based waifu, she had her own shit going on.
Mate, SAO and Mahouka were shit to begin with. Can't do much with shitty source material.
Jan 28, 2016 8:02 AM

Jan 2012
Hongu said:
layfonkun said:
Mahouka and SAO S1, so underwhelming and you're talking to someone who loved the LNs. I don't blame the anime though.

They completely marginalized every character other than OniiSama and Miyuki, who got turned into a blubbering imouto with a brother complex. Don't even get me started on what they did with Erika and Mayumi. There is ALOT of world building in the novel, which was essentially ignored in the anime. Mahouka should have had a better adaptation, this came across as "We can make a lot of money off of this" and was a bit disrespectful to the LN.

SAO is not just Kirito and Asuna, the romance was important but none of the characters were handled well. Before Cockahara destroyed a good LN with psuedo harem bullshit, there was a lot to like early on and Aincraid was fun to read. The anime however said to hell with the characters and their internal struggles, ROMANCE! ROMANCE! ROMANCE! I can't even get mad anymore, I've made my peace with it but it is disappointing that Kirito comes across as a Stu when he (early on) wasn't. Asuna wasn't just based waifu, she had her own shit going on.
Mate, SAO and Mahouka were shit to begin with. Can't do much with shitty source material.

Mahouka source isn't bad in my opinion , it's just targeted at a niche audience. Not everyone enjoys reading 5 pages of inner monologue of how a character feels and what he thinks about a situation. Some (like myself) however do.

Unfortunately the anime itself left most of this out because it would be boring listening to 2 minutes of inner monologue every 10 minutes. This was what essentially gave most of the characters their depth and gave insight about how the protagonist perceived them , and how his personality without feelings "felt". And honestly most people who read and enjoyed Mahouka enjoyed it for this reason , without it there it just doesn't provide enough.

Taste differs however , this is just my opinion.
Jan 28, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
Akame Ga Kill by far.
The 18 episodes were okay, bad to be honest but I was in a good humour those days and so I was going to rate it a 6. Then the four last episodes happened...
Final Rate: 3
Normally I see what rate I will give to the anime in the first episodes, never before I have found an anime that made such of a sudden change to its essence. Like I said it wasnt good anyway, but they literally threw everything to the sky and said : ´´Fuck! YOLO!``
lol
Jan 28, 2016 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Charlotte, Toradora, Zankyou no Terror, Ookami to Koushinryou, Aldnoah.Zero
Jan 28, 2016 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
The Selector WIXOSS series.

Jan 29, 2016 2:09 AM

May 2014
I can't really blame it entirely on the anime since it's my own fault for getting hyped...
but I guess Fate/Stay Night UBW disappointed me since it was nowhere near as epic as Fate/Zero- I just kept comparing them both the whole time I was watching!

Akume no Riddle disappointed me so so much man! I was expecting an epic yuri action and I was just left with well...whatever the hell it was. It made no damn sense at the end! I just presumed it'd be awesome because Yun Kouga was the Mangaka.

Also I was slightly disappointed with Madoka Magica- It was good, but imo not all it was cracked up to be in the end.

Probably gonna get shot down for this, but I was disappointed with the way Death Parade panned out...the first few episodes were great, but I dunno, I feel like it lost its steam halfway through and didn't develop its characters as well as it could've- it had so much potential, but it really could've done with being longer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 3:07 AM

Oct 2011
Since I read the manga beforehand, I expected for it to be pretty good on anime but it was a let down, really.
-Code:Breaker
the manga was so good tho I recommend it rather than watching the anime
Jan 29, 2016 7:39 AM
Jan 2016
I'm sure this has been mentioned here, and probably multiple times, but Sword Art Online series would be the anime I feel that was the most disappointing for me. Don't get me wrong, the concept behind the first season wasn't bad, but it got too rushed in my eyes, and the second half of it just felt like an unneeded filler. Season 2 only got worse in my eyes, as I didn't really feel much effort was put into the scenarios played out. So yeah, in short, it started off strong but then went to utter poop.
Jan 29, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
I thought Lucky Star would be good, but I thought it was kinda boring, so it was a disappointment to me.
Jan 29, 2016 2:26 PM

Dec 2015
Of the ones ive finished lately, Kokoro Connect. I was hoping it would have been much better.
Jan 29, 2016 2:31 PM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
Fox11 said:
I thought Lucky Star would be good, but I thought it was kinda boring, so it was a disappointment to me.

Agreed with that one, yes.

Baccano, since I thought that it would be as engaging as Higurashi... I was expecting to much, and got disappointed because of it. :(
Jan 29, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2015
I absolutely hate kill la kill, it's my least favourite anime by far
Jan 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2010
Angel Beats, while a pretty entertaining show, lost much of its potential by the halfway point or so. Most of the characters weren't really explored, and the ones who were felt rushed. It really needed to be a two-cour series. Oh well, at least there's still the visual novel to look forward to. Someday TuT
Mar 10, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 2015
Higurashi, totally didn't expect to be watching a moe-harem slice-of-life show
Mar 10, 2016 2:06 AM

Apr 2010
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Nagi no Asakura
Samurai 7

Mar 11, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2016
Yami no Matsuai

The manga is f*** awesome but they could not bring the feeling and the complete story to the anime

I don't know if they probably made the anime watchable for a bride populance
not for "person over 18 years"
Mar 11, 2016 4:18 AM

Nov 2015
Hunter x hunter !Yep, i set my expectations really low and it still managed to dissapoint me.
Mar 11, 2016 4:42 AM
Jul 2015
Charlotte. I expected something good and I get only 2-3 acceptable episodes...

Mar 11, 2016 6:02 AM

Jul 2015
Angel Beats! - I watched this after watching Air and Clannad and expecting lots - suffice to say that it didn't live up to its predecessors. Suddenly trying to become a tear-jerker in the last minutes of the last ep was a tad too late.

Naruto Shippuuden - My bitterness was indescribable, when Shippuuden had finally started after waiting for the HUNDREDS of filler episodes to end, and it turned out to be utter shit! For Shippuuden they had switched the soundtrack from awesome to dull af, slowed the pacing to comatose levels and removed any light-heartedness and spirit Naruto once had. There're like 20 boring episodes for every decent episode, and the plot never redeemed itself again.

Kara no Kyoukai - I didn't expect 'only okay', I was led to believe this was supposed to an amazing film series! Watching all those long films felt nothing but arduous.

Attack on Titan - I struggled to even start watching this properly. I lost my interest for months after watching the first few eps, which were so filled with blood, suffering and Mary-Sues that I just couldn't cope. And those 'horror-filled' expressions were more hilarious than disturbing.

Sailor Moon Crystal - "It's a new show so of course it'll have better production values than the old Sailor Moon, right? The delays in airing times just mean that the anime will be even greater than expected, right? They won't resort to using cheap tricks like CG, right? Right? RIGHT?"
mimiiriaMar 11, 2016 6:06 AM
Mar 11, 2016 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
mimiiria said:
Angel Beats! - I watched this after watching Air and Clannad and expecting lots - suffice to say that it didn't live up to its predecessors. Suddenly trying to become a tear-jerker in the last minutes of the last ep was a tad too late.

What are you talking about? It already established itself as a tear-jerker anime since episode three.
Mar 11, 2016 6:22 AM

Jul 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
mimiiria said:

What are you talking about? It already established itself as a tear-jerker anime since episode three.
Compared to other KyoAni stuff it was way too light-hearted, and the side-character deaths pale in comparison to the buildup in shows like Clannad and Kanon. If Angel Beats is a 'tear-jerker' show then so are Parasyte and FMA too, simply because people die/vanish to the afterlife.
Mar 11, 2016 6:27 AM

Feb 2015
Most disappointing animu ? Man Dragon Ball Super tops everything in that shit,the hypu waz over the charts but in the end all we get is shitty voiceacting,shitty animation,shitty soundtrack,shitty fights,none of the seriousness of dragon ball z nor the perverted comedy of Dragon Ball.This world was better off without that anime
Mar 11, 2016 6:31 AM

Jan 2016
I'd say Ajin because the 3D animation ruined it, the manga was much better and would have been fine in 2D
Mar 11, 2016 6:39 AM
Aug 2015
attack on titan-
1.overhyped
2. main character is a pussy
3. plot armer

One punch man-
1.boring main lead
2.plot armer
3.overhyped

clannad-
1.bland characters
2.slow pacing
3. overhyped
Mar 11, 2016 6:41 AM
Aug 2015
attack on titan-
1.overhyped
2. main character is a pussy

One punch man-
1.boring main lead
2.plot armer
3.overhyped
Mar 11, 2016 6:44 AM
Feb 2016
Noblesee Awakening....fits the category u mentioned for me...
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» What time in a day do you enjoy watching anime the most?

Rinrinka - 47 minutes ago

9 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

11 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

117 by spectrojan »»
17 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

37 by Israel_Is_Evil »»
20 minutes ago

» What does your waifu expect of you?

SgtBateMan - 10 hours ago

19 by Stomiks »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.