Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jul 22, 2014 9:47 PM

Sep 2008
Another good episode. More discussion and less action this time.
Jul 22, 2014 9:49 PM
Oct 2012
5layer said:
Another good episode. More discussion and less action this time.

Almost thought you meant the forum. Good news guys! one-two more days and the next episode comes!
Jul 22, 2014 10:55 PM
Jul 2014
SunkenShip said:
BRK25 said:
In honesty, I didn't know about this PV. I'm waiting impatiently for thursday. I can see you dropping this anime by the third episode if things don't go right. But, it looks like things are heading in the right direction and more work is involved. One thing though, no notice about the girl? Where is she? They can't hold her off for too long.

Hmmm yeah if it doesn't improve at all, I don't see myself watching more. But then again I considered dropping it after the second episode yet here I am still on board lol.

I have a feeling she's gonna make an appearance next episode, probably near the end.

Just for future context, since there was nothing wrong with the two first episode's for anyone to drop this anime in my opinion unless it was not for them in the first place , but whatever. Though maybe you might be a masochist for sticking around or just hopeful. ; ₩

----------------

Anyways

In recent discoveries; The other riddle ( presented in this episode) is in fact real and not some made up gimmick ( Like so many like to take issue with for whatever reason) and like it was mentioned by Shibasaki in the episode, that its not a version of the riddle that is very we'll known and is fairly hard to locate by a simple word search but that's besides the point.

Just so others know ; ) learn something new everyday. Same thing goes for the bringing down the building. Which has a basis for some plausibility, though it is stretch a little for the anime of course.

Furthermore

The PV ep 3 looks to be doing its job by showcasing whats to come and dem haters! are going to see that the police in the show are not as dumb as many would like to think. An that whatever "dumbness" was felt or perceived was simply. A matter of very complacent human beings reacting to a very sudden, unexplained series of events (Alternate persent) and that they were clearly caught off guard from the get go and we're on auto pilot without much of a breather well being obviously lead on and perplexed by these two terrorist without no blood yet on their hands.

But now the game has officially began...and later on once Five shows up then she will be the razors edge. With her own agenda mind you.

Never the less -General statement here- I wonder if people forget. How a story progresses and that good things come to those that wait. Meaning letting the narrative if really good to unfold because from anime like Wolf Rain to Paranoia Agent ( Wtf ending and all) to Ergo Proxy. I would have dropped the last two if not for the fact of me just letting the progression do it's job ( Done right like these two that is, given i was intrigued by them) and taking it all in then by episode 4 or 5 or 6 I was hooked. Otherwise I would have given up on them.... oh and the same thing goes for the Garden of Sinner's (Amazing series).

But i guess not all minds think alike...nor should they.
Samauri55ZeRoJul 23, 2014 12:55 AM
Jul 22, 2014 11:55 PM
Jan 2014
People who keep criticizing the "the terrorists said 2-4-3 instead of 4-2-3" aspect of this episode are totally missing out on two different things.

First off, Nine and Twelve explicitly meant for this riddle to be solved by the police. Not by the general public, not by the government of Japan or Tokyo, but instead specifically the police.

Which leads into my second point which is that people seem to be totally forgetting what they said AFTER giving the police the riddle: "If you solve the riddle, the next bomb is YOURS". The reason I'm highlighting "yours" in that quotation is because the bomb was quite literally for THEM. For while the popular version of the riddle was solved correctly and it sent them to the DNA facility, the bomb wasn't meant for that facility - it was meant for the police.

So when the police solved that riddle correctly, they failed to find the bomb that was actually meant for them with the alternate "2-4-3" composition of the riddle which was initially given. Thus, the warning the bombers gave the police was 100% correct according to the terms they laid out - you solve the riddle, the next bomb is YOURS.

EDIT: I should also mention that the Director said himself that the riddle from Oedipus Rex was quite similar to that which was given to them by Nine and Twelve, so obviously they were aware that they weren't following the initial riddle. Odds are the police probably thought it was a ruse and that Nine and Twelve planned on them totally missing out on the SPHINX connection. The entire basis for their going to the DNA facility was the information about the Sphinx and its connection to the rather similar 4-2-3 riddle which is an alternate of the lesser known 2-4-3 riddle.

So, simply put, the police banked on the popular Sphinx story being the twist and that the 2-4-3 riddle was a slight red herring when it was in fact a real (but lesser known) version of the Sphinx riddle. Pretty typical act of over analyzing something.

Second Edit: I also feel that a good point made by other people regarding this discussion elsewhere is that the real riddle was the "If you solve the riddle, the next bomb is yours" aspect of their video. It was a rather particular thing to say and it was totally overlooked by the police.
SkyJWJul 23, 2014 12:56 AM
Jul 22, 2014 11:59 PM
Jul 2014
SkyJW said:
People who keep criticizing the "the terrorists said 2-4-3 instead of 4-2-3" aspect of this episode are totally missing out on two different things.

First off, Nine and Twelve explicitly meant for this riddle to be solved by the police. Not by the general public, not by the government of Japan or Tokyo, but instead specifically the police.

Which leads into my second point which is that people seem to be totally forgetting what they said AFTER giving the police the riddle: "If you solve the riddle, the next bomb is YOURS". The reason I'm highlighting "yours" in that quotation is because the bomb was quite literally for THEM. Because while the riddle they gave them was solved correctly and it sent them to the DNA facility, the bomb wasn't meant for that facility - it was meant for the police.

So when the police solved the riddle which was given to them correctly, they failed to find the bomb that was actually meant for them with the alternate "2-4-3" composition of the riddle. So the riddle the bombers gave the police was 100% correct according to the terms they laid out - you solve the riddle, the next bomb is YOURS.

Quite correctly put my friend!

Also note that they intelligently manipulated them to follow that first lead knowing. That almost all the police in the general area of the DNA facility would be dispatched leaving no one there at their intended target and controlling the chess board to their whims. Though like you mentioned the DNA Lab is the right answer and frankly is a clue connected to them somehow. But the explosion at the Police station is a indirect warning and a challenge. That they can go any place any time and that the ball is now in the police's court, meaning Verse 1 is complete for Nine and Twelve and now its time for Verse 2; after some cat and mouse "games" that is.

So really the riddle was just icing and the cake has yet to be cut.
Samauri55ZeRoJul 23, 2014 12:35 AM
Jul 23, 2014 1:03 AM

Aug 2013
No one besides that one guy noticed that the video used the 2-4-3 progression? I find that hard to believe.
Jul 23, 2014 1:13 AM
Jul 2014
ErenxMikasa said:
No one besides that one guy noticed that the video used the 2-4-3 progression? I find that hard to believe.

Much stranger more oblivious things have happen in investigations. Then you may know.

Never underestimate the ability for people to see what they want to under pressure and nothing much else even for competent professionals and Japanese police enforcement is very different in terms of more then a few things socially. Especially in a group environment Bottom line compared to where Shiba works which is in a small, quiet space with little to no distraction. An ideal place for a single mind to look at everything and do so without conflict.

Though the real puzzlement is why didn't the boss not call Shiba knowing his abilities and more then likely continued hunger for more detective work..Even in Archives yet I can think of a few common sense reasons.
Samauri55ZeRoJul 23, 2014 1:20 AM
Jul 23, 2014 1:31 AM

Aug 2013
Samauri55ZeRo said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Much stranger more oblivious things have happen in investigations. Then you may know.

Never underestimate the ability for people to see what they want to under pressure and nothing much else even for competent professionals and Japanese police enforcement is very different in terms of more then a few things socially. Especially in a group environment Bottom line compared to where Shiba works which is in a small, quiet space with little to no distraction. An ideal place for a single mind to look at everything and do so without conflict.

Though the real puzzlement is why didn't the boss not call Shiba knowing his abilities and more then likely continued hunger for more detective work..Even in Archives yet I can think of a few common sense reasons.

However, the way they explain the riddle in the room very clearly reiterates the 4-2-3 nature of the original riddle, if any single one of them had thought for a moment how the video said 2-4-3, the riddle makes no sense anymore.
Jul 23, 2014 1:58 AM
Jan 2014
ErenxMikasa said:
Samauri55ZeRo said:

However, the way they explain the riddle in the room very clearly reiterates the 4-2-3 nature of the original riddle, if any single one of them had thought for a moment how the video said 2-4-3, the riddle makes no sense anymore.

Except the Director openly acknowledges that the riddle from the Sphinx story is different from the one given to them by Nine and Twelve. The reason they went after the different one is because of the specific spelling of the word "Sphinx" by Nine and Twelve and the fact that the riddle given to them was similar to the Oedipus Rex Sphinx riddle, but not exactly the same. They most likely couldn't find the secondary version of the riddle due to its obscurity and figured the 2-4-3 was a red herring and that the title of their organization was the actual twist.

Plainly, the police over thought the riddle by only being half correct in their deductions. Yes, the riddle was tied to the Sphinx, but the 2-4-3 was not a misdirection but instead a much more obscure version of the riddle from a different variation of the Oedipus Rex story.
Jul 23, 2014 6:27 AM

Oct 2013
elberino said:
anyone know...

the sphinx's videos are reference to a real terrorist video?

in the fact, almost all the content really happen in the real life
Jul 23, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
This series is definitely in my top 3 this season and surprisingly, I didn't give it a lot of hope to get to it :D Really enjoyed this episode and character's interaction :)
Jul 23, 2014 7:04 AM

Oct 2013
ponygon123 said:
So does anybody know if the second variation of the riddle is actually a thing?
I mean in all fairness that second variation of the riddle is super hard to find if it is even a thing so that gives some reason that they could not find out the riddle.
I prefer if the terroist were older though but it is still pretty good.

I learnt that second version in the University, but i didnt find that in the google, that why a lot of people dont know about it.
Jul 23, 2014 7:52 AM
Oct 2012
I like this more than Death Note.

I never liked the idea of some incredibly smart kid with no prior addition and stumping a world class detective. It irks me with how easy he manipulated others. He also didn't have much of a bad background and lived a normal life.

This is different. Wits and deliberate actions done with meticulous care against a country that wronged them....this is what I'm talking about. There's a huge motive under wraps and shit is going to go down. They obviously were raised to be at such a high level. More realistic to me.

Lisa is a poor girl caught in the gunfire. She might not do anything the whole show and we as the audience watch what happens through her lenses and we resonance through the pain and conflict of getting stuck. One thing though, she may side and be brought to do deeds under their guidelines. I'd be sad to see it and we get to see her anxiety and fear while carrying orders.

There's also the sickness she has, another little nod this may all fall upon her agreement.
Jul 23, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
I think lisa will not survive until the last episode. This reminds on death note
Jul 23, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2014
BRK25 said:
AfterGlow said:

It's like a condensed version of the first episode. The same things are happening, same scenes that happened in the first episode, but with frantic cuts like you were watching a summary, with maybe 5 minutes of new footage.

Is this what anime looks like these days ? :P

Okay, so apparently old footage is someone discussing what is going on, using different camera cuts, new dialogue and expression from the artist. An in depth discussion by the police of the methods done by the terrorists. Oh, and let's not forget we have someone using a mac unlike last time combined with a different explosion site, this is nothing new? Right, this obviously is rehashed.

This isn't shounen where they milk the clock with pointless discussion or camera shots. Not only to add the director wouldn't be the oen to waste time when there is eleven episodes to be done.

Exactly, and why are people so preemptive right now. Sure the pace is slow for now, but its gonna catch up. We've got 9 more episodes to go.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Jul 23, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2014
_Rika said:
SunkenShip said:
The police were "dumbed down"; I realized they got the riddle wrong as soon as they started solving it. NO ONE noticed that the terrorists said 2-4-3 not 4-2-3?! Please. Also, as MoeGod said, the video would have probably gone viral. Their voices are there, and I'm pretty sure Twelve's tone and behavior aren't different in the video. Their classmates could spot them. We're not saying they definitely would, but it's a huge risk I don't think brilliant terrorists would dare to take.

Ah, so finally someone who happens to think along the same lines as I do. Did the police just assume that the terrorists goofed up and intended to say 4-2-3 instead of 2-4-3? Why did it not strike them as fishy? Did they seriously think that the terrorists would give away such a big hint by asking them to solve a riddle whose answer can be looked up on the internet?

Thats the one goof of this episode, which I hope won't become consistent.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Jul 23, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
Clearly AoTY. Totally excited with all of this bombing bullshit.

And nine is so fvcking cool

SkyDewaJul 23, 2014 4:59 PM
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Jul 23, 2014 11:17 PM

Mar 2014
AICW said:
OK quick question if there are any Greek speakers here:

The episode made a big deal over the fact that the word Sphinx is pronounced "Spinks" instead of "Sfinx" as is normally done in English and that that is the proper Greek pronunciation.

Is that right?

Hi, σφίγγα, or pronounced, s-fing-ah ( the two gammas "γ" when together create an "NG" sound) , is the ancient Greek for Sphinx. However this depends if σφίγγα is in the nominative, genetive, dative, or accusative case, even so the root σφί remains- pronounced as SPHI. Unless Sphinx is used in a peculiar way, perhaps as some kind of an irregular noun, if this was the case it could be used too reflect the weirdness of the parable itself. Those kinds of things are used throughout Sophocles' Theban Plays. And thus it wouldn't seem too far-fetched to research how Sophocles uses the word σφίγγα during this ACT.
I have translated the entirety of his Antigone play, but stayed away from translating this one. And so this is about all i can give you information wise. However, there is treasure- i can promise you that- in Sophocles' language and if you do happen to get the tools necessary to translate an epic poem such as this, you wont be disappointed by the coins he leaves for those dedicated enough to try their hand at translation.
Simulacra5202Jul 23, 2014 11:23 PM
Jul 24, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2013
Damn that was interesting. Those two guys really know their way around.
I hadn't noticed the girl's face, she's such a cutie!
Jul 24, 2014 5:21 AM

Dec 2010
Samauri55ZeRo said:
SunkenShip said:
Hmmm yeah if it doesn't improve at all, I don't see myself watching more. But then again I considered dropping it after the second episode yet here I am still on board lol.

I have a feeling she's gonna make an appearance next episode, probably near the end.

Just for future context, since there was nothing wrong with the two first episode's for anyone to drop this anime in my opinion unless it was not for them in the first place , but whatever. Though maybe you might be a masochist for sticking around or just hopeful. ; ₩

Oh no there's so much wrong with the first two episodes. Too lazy to explain again; my posts are a few pages behind. I usually like thrillers and had high expectations for this. And yeah I'm being hopeful loool. All the arguing made me want to see where it goes.

BRK25 said:
I like this more than Death Note.

I never liked the idea of some incredibly smart kid with no prior addition and stumping a world class detective. It irks me with how easy he manipulated others. He also didn't have much of a bad background and lived a normal life.

This is different. Wits and deliberate actions done with meticulous care against a country that wronged them....this is what I'm talking about. There's a huge motive under wraps and shit is going to go down. They obviously were raised to be at such a high level. More realistic to me.

Please, BRK25, Death Note is leagues ahead. >:(
Jul 24, 2014 7:30 AM
Jan 2010
this would be better without all the edge
Jul 24, 2014 7:57 AM
Oct 2012
I never liked some guy who just been taken hold of the book and goes crazy from his inner complex and need for perfection. I liked the disgusting human behavior he exhibited though. But I don't like how in depth he is. Now if this been in his college days, maybe. I know they went to college at a later part but jesus, at the age of seventeen and ripping apart professional police members is something that irked me and him going the right manner. A prodigy...of course! Only explanation! -_-

Great story telling though.

We're two episodes in and only hope we something goes right. Mostly due to the fact Shibasaki is playing a part and dead sure things are going to pick up and if the PV is anything to go off, he will be the center of the task of taking down these boys and reminds me of L. With the backing, no more mistakes.

Also have to say the police fuck up is the first time they were introduced. I really hope this is a one episode thing and improve under the backing of a detective.
Jul 24, 2014 11:40 AM

Dec 2010
BRK25 said:
I never liked some guy who just been taken hold of the book and goes crazy from his inner complex and need for perfection. I liked the disgusting human behavior he exhibited though. But I don't like how in depth he is. Now if this been in his college days, maybe. I know they went to college at a later part but jesus, at the age of seventeen and ripping apart professional police members is something that irked me and him going the right manner. A prodigy...of course! Only explanation! -_-

Great story telling though.

We're two episodes in and only hope we something goes right. Mostly due to the fact Shibasaki is playing a part and dead sure things are going to pick up and if the PV is anything to go off, he will be the center of the task of taking down these boys and reminds me of L. With the backing, no more mistakes.

Also have to say the police fuck up is the first time they were introduced. I really hope this is a one episode thing and improve under the backing of a detective.

I think Light is a very, very interesting and complex character. And definitely smarter than Nine and Twelve. At least he's "ripping apart professional police" with a freaking Death Note in a believable manner, unlike Zankyou no Terror's teens haha.
Jul 24, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
Another great episode. I am really loving this shows OST.
Jul 24, 2014 4:58 PM
Jan 2014
loved this episode, i love this whole investigation and riddle solving and origins of it!
Jul 24, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
oh my god that was awesome
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 24, 2014 11:46 PM

May 2012
So this is how 9/11 happened.
Jul 25, 2014 1:22 AM

Sep 2010
I've had a change of heart..
After the first episode, I was going to drop this series. It was just blah and not very good (in my opinion), but I'm glad I kept watching. This episode was loads better.

This is one of the few shows that I think has these super in depth plans that aren't terrible. The riddle ended up having a lot of meaning behind it, but it was planned out well and they pulled it off. I'm excited to see where this goes, and why the boys are bombing Japan.
Jul 25, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
I can't really see Lisa being that relevant in the grand scheme of things to be honest. I've been thinking where she could fit in with all of this but she can't really be a moral compass for these guys or anything like that ( since they already haven't avoided killing peopled) and doesn't really have the knowledge or training to straight up join them (I'd imagine if she did they'd train her).

All things considered unless they really fuck up, at worst she is an annoying reluctant co-conspirator or a plot device (i.e getting kidnapped, killed or something like that). Hopefully she isn't a love interest or anything, that would be sorta lame considering how focused the guys seem to be.

agree! her character seems pointless. maybe she will be useful in the later episode.?
Jul 25, 2014 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
This is some next level shit!
Jul 25, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2009
OriginANIME said:

Lmao. I concur.
I'm really hyped about this anime. It's so well made and just so damn interesting. I really wished it had more episodes!

Jul 26, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
Immediately after they said the riddle in their terrorist threat video I literally had to shake my head at the screen. It seemed incredibly goofy and out of place for an anime with such a serious tone, though I admit a Riddler anime isn't something I disapprove of though.

But later on in the episode it recovers from it very well, the twist on that overdone riddle that everyone above the age of 6 knows the answer to was stellar. The beginning of this episode had me fearing for the future of it, but it managed to stand on it's feet.
Jul 26, 2014 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
lovexLuffy said:
OriginANIME said:

Lmao. I concur.
I'm really hyped about this anime. It's so well made and just so damn interesting. I really wished it had more episodes!

More episodes would kill an anime like this,
Tense storylines shouldn't be dragged out unless absolutely necessary, infrequency is far more in line with reality.

Negatives aside, you never know about spin-offs.
Jul 26, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2013
This has the potential to be anime of the year. I can't get over how freaking good this anime is! I really love Twelve! ♥

Jul 26, 2014 4:17 PM
Oct 2012
Jerkhov said:
lovexLuffy said:

Lmao. I concur.

More episodes would kill an anime like this,
Tense storylines shouldn't be dragged out unless absolutely necessary, infrequency is far more in line with reality.

Negatives aside, you never know about spin-offs.

Oedpius is an often read in AMERICAN SOCIETY. Now, we're talking about Japan. Do you expect them to be at the same level of literature when it was written in American and nothing close to Japanese Mythology? Shrines and maidens and other deities are prominent there as opposed to america with this world of warcraft and shit kind of mythology. They aren't versed in the Greek. Think about it.

Even if they have gotten the right answer, what do they need? The answer is man but what can it correlate with? Another thing, the 2-4-3 exists in a very excluded novel and I'm sure as a detective, you look for any variation of a novel and knowing Sphinx, he must have done background knowledge since the last moments of the first episode in case they struck again. And who knows if the boys were playing around and mixed up the order to screw with the cops. Or to take the bait.
Jul 28, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2011
This realism, holy shit.
So far this has been amazing, I hope it won't disappointing.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 29, 2014 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
wow, deep.
just purely deep.
Jul 29, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
A little late maybe but I do have one complaint that needs voicing.

Anyone who is chosen to be on a team investigating a terrorist bombing knows what thermite and TOR are so it really bugs me when they waste so much time explaining them. First of all, it breaks me out of the narrative because it's like the writer's knocking on the screen and explaining it to me. Secondly it feels patronizing-- I know what TOR and thermite are and I know the police in the story should know so it's a little insulting that they have to break the narrative to spoon feed the audience. Am I the only one who gets bugged by this?

Other than that though I enjoyed the episode and am hopeful for the series. I just hope they cut back on the aforementioned nonsense.

4/5
Jul 29, 2014 1:39 PM
Oct 2012
TehSing said:

Anyone who is chosen to be on a team investigating a terrorist bombing knows what thermite and TOR are so it really bugs me when they waste so much time explaining them. First of all, it breaks me out of the narrative because it's like the writer's knocking on the screen and explaining it to me. Secondly it feels patronizing-- I know what TOR and thermite are and I know the police in the story should know so it's a little insulting that they have to break the narrative to spoon feed the audience. Am I the only one who gets bugged by this?

Other than that though I enjoyed the episode and am hopeful for the series. I just hope they cut back on the aforementioned nonsense.

4/5

He explained the Thermite Reaction to the audience and fellow police workers who doesn't know about it. They are investigators, not NEST. Secondly, just cause you know it doesn't mean anyone else know it. I didn't had any clue what they were talking about yet the explanation was clear and helpful.
Jul 29, 2014 8:15 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't had any clue what they were talking about yet the explanation was clear and helpful.

Hmmmm in that case maybe I just thought this stuff was more common knowledge. Either way I would never assume that I'd know more about that stuff than a police investigator since but I've assumed wrong before.

In any case if it didn't feel like needless exposition to anyone else then it's definitely forgivable. Could have been a 5/5 episode then too.
Jul 30, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
I'm thinking seeing this series as a mystery style series is the best way to approach it...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 1, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2010
So far I have no idea what's going on. But I suppose we're going to keep watching. The whole Sphinx thing is amazing.
Aug 1, 2014 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
They were spot on with the thermite explanation, so I liked that. I was also familiar with the riddle used by Sphinx and its answer, though I wasn't aware of the second variation. Given that these are Japanese people and not American/European, I think the amount of time it took them to figure it out was fair enough. Greek literature isn't as well known over there, afaik.

So, we still don't know the protags' motivations. I'd like to see that sometime soon, because this is some pretty serious crap they're pulling. Casualties or not, this isn't something you do for the heck of it. The backstories had better be convincing.

I find myself rather detached from all of this, oddly enough. The action and tone is engaging enough, but I don't find myself caring about the characters or people all that much. They need to work a bit more in that department.

Good episode. I'll be disappointed if they don't start giving us more info soon, though.
Aug 10, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2009
Can't tell if I'm supposed to like the main characters or not. Perhaps motive will come in later. Meanwhile, feel some empathy for Lisa Mishima.
Such junk...
Aug 11, 2014 2:45 AM

Apr 2014
Riddle and more explosion. This anime is getting better.
Even I don't understand the riddle, they did cleared it out for the viewers.
I like the details of this anime very much. Such details.

"you're a complicity, but you're not our friends."
Dat sure killed Lisa.
Aug 11, 2014 7:04 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome, love it !
Aug 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2011
loved the episode! and the riddles are great too
Aug 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Feb 2014
Another great episode. The Sphinx's riddle is pretty well known, but I didn't know the other version that's tied with Oedipus' story.
Aug 30, 2014 11:41 PM

Aug 2014
hivekiller said:
"you're a complicity, but you're not our friends."
Dat sure killed Lisa.
I only just realized it but that part where he tells her that and follows up with "I'll kill you" reminds me a lot of Gundam Wing when Hiro was talking to Relena. The tone and atmosphere was almost spot on.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Aug 31, 2014 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
TehSing said:
Anyone who is chosen to be on a team investigating a terrorist bombing knows what thermite and TOR are so it really bugs me when they waste so much time explaining them.

Well, I had to google thermite and phreatic explosion. True, after I read something about it, it came off as weird that the police were like "Eeeh? What's that?" but the common dumb viewer, such as myself, unfortunately needs explanation :-/

Hmm, but still, it seems a little far-fetched that the pillars would melt like that. I mean, they didn't have that many plush toys and the building is huge.

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

873 by linzblue »»
May 30, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Djidji - Jul 5, 2014

544 by Yushh »»
May 20, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

420 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 19, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

349 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.