Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 3:40 AM

Sep 2011
Is Psycho-Pass popular? because I didn't really like it. -_-
I might check season 2 though if there's one
pew pew pew
Jan 11, 2014 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
Cowboy Bepop, Neon Genesis Evangelion (inb4 I'm a simple minded idiot who can't understand what pure anime is), and most Studio Ghibli movies that I've seen, like Grave of the Fireflies and My Neighbor Totoro >.> Spirited away was good though ^^
Jan 11, 2014 3:53 AM
Feb 2013
Sword Art Online, Bleach
Jan 11, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2012
smilewolfy said:
Cowboy Bepop, Neon Genesis Evangelion (inb4 I'm a simple minded idiot who can't understand what pure anime is), and most Studio Ghibli movies that I've seen, like Grave of the Fireflies and My Neighbor Totoro >.> Spirited away was good though ^^
First i want to say I'm not trying to bash you. That being said. I actually literally think that people who dislike these anime are not able to understand the deep meanings/feels in between the episodes. That's why the worth deep is often used when people try to explain what is so good about these classics. But today's anime just is focused on other quality's. And that's not bad it is just that people with this kind of taste (I'm not saying bad taste, just different kind of view) are not able to understand it no matter how many times you re-watch it. It is just something that was created in the older age. So i respect your opinion and again I'm not trying to bash you. Just my honest opinion about why i think these shows are misunderstood.
Jan 11, 2014 4:04 AM

Oct 2013
Going to have to add SAO and Freezing to the list

Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=241346&show=2820#VD2fjlHOTSUMKsMA.99
Jan 11, 2014 4:16 AM

Feb 2012
johnyjohny said:
smilewolfy said:
First i want to say I'm not trying to bash you. That being said. I actually literally think that people who dislike these anime are not able to understand the deep meanings/feels in between the episodes. That's why the worth deep is often used when people try to explain what is so good about these classics. But today's anime just is focused on other quality's. And that's not bad it is just that people with this kind of taste (I'm not saying bad taste, just different kind of view) are not able to understand it no matter how many times you re-watch it. It is just something that was created in the older age. So i respect your opinion and again I'm not trying to bash you. Just my honest opinion about why i think these shows are misunderstood.

ah yeah that's an interesting way to look at it, well I think the reason I don't like these anime is only because they're older, and the atmosphere is rather different to the current anime that I'm used to~ well nevertheless I probably will watch more than just a few episodes of Cowboy Bepop and Evangelion in the distant future, so my opinion on them might change ^^ for now, I don't really like atmosphere~
as for the Studio Ghibli movies i referenced, well I just really hate the theme of family~
Jan 11, 2014 5:09 AM

Nov 2013
johnyjohny said:
smilewolfy said:

There is barely any deep meaning in a lot of anime shows (or does it well). The only good anime that goes into depth with a deeper meaning is Death note. Although I don't analyze a lot of anime and watch it for enjoyment, I found Death note to be quite intelligent in the way they decided to express various things.

A solid example is the apple in Death Note. The apple is an apple to some people. But (of course people can interpret this in many ways) in my opinion the apple has a much deeper meaning. I believe it's a biblical illusion to the story of Adam and Eve. The tree in the Garden of Eden is representative of knowledge (light) and the root of good and evil. This branches of into many, many things. To list a few of them.

Humor. The death god is committing the greatest sin casually (because he is a death god). Hence why he likes the apples so much.

Justice. Is Light good? Is he evil? Is he sinning? Is this considered a sin?

Later during the anime after Light's character development he eats the apple. This is to represent Light's path to evil instead of good. (I actually haven't seen the anime in a while, so maybe this doesn't happen but I know he takes an interest in them and starts collecting for the death god.)

Source: Studying the bible (as mentioned before, not religious).
Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Eden under the sub-heading "Eden in Genisis"
Jan 11, 2014 5:33 AM

Nov 2013
steins; gate
Jan 11, 2014 5:44 AM

Sep 2012
Almost every anime that is popular
Jan 11, 2014 5:56 AM

Jul 2013
Shingeki no Kyojin. Check out my semi-recent review on it for my full opinion!
Jan 11, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2013
Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts
Jan 11, 2014 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
keragamming said:
I'm going through the tread, and I'm surprise to not see anyone having attack on titan or sword art online. :3
I like AoT but SAO is not very good IMO
Jan 11, 2014 7:40 AM

Dec 2012
Bleach..
Just can't get into it, it bores me. ;/
Jan 11, 2014 8:31 AM

Feb 2013
Oreganos said:
There isn't any anime in MAL top 30 popular that I've watched and disliked but I can say which ones are not that good. SAO, Naruto Shippuuden and Fairy Tail, maybe Toradora and Suzumiya. I haven't watched Highschool of the Dead but I can say that this is really bad anime. :)
Highschool of the Dead has great action
the fan service is over done a bit though
Jan 11, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2012
NEXBonjwa said:
steins; gate

Why dislike Steins; Gate? Just asking, I wanna know the reason. 'Cuz I was once fooled by this anime's first episode. I almost stopped watching because I didn't understand a thing at first. I didn't know it would be GREAT. Just sayin
Jan 11, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
sheidesu said:
NEXBonjwa said:
steins; gate

Why dislike Steins; Gate? Just asking, I wanna know the reason. 'Cuz I was once fooled by this anime's first episode. I almost stopped watching because I didn't understand a thing at first. I didn't know it would be GREAT. Just sayin
Its a great anime but you can't deny even with the inclusion of the later episodes its not really everyone's cup of tea. Call it a masterpiece if you want but it is an acquired taste much like Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Jan 11, 2014 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Cowboy Bebop:I never saw what was so great about it.
NGE.It would be great if characters not named Shinji had as much development as he did.Which isnt that much anyway since it was the same stuff again and again.Symbolism means nothing to me if it is just there for show.
Saint Seiya.Bleacch,Naruto and FT look like masterpieces compared to it
Akira.Yeah it was revolutionary back then and had godly animation.So?
FLCL.Randomness
JoJo.I would like it if it had taken itself seriously, instead of being ...well...bizarre.For me it went downhill ever since Dio got the mask.
Jan 11, 2014 8:52 AM

Oct 2013
Patrick-kun-0921 said:
Shingeki no Kyojin. Check out my semi-recent review on it for my full opinion!

First time I heard someone say they didnt liike that.
Jan 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Feb 2013
BlackSabotage said:
sheidesu said:
NEXBonjwa said:
steins; gate

Its a great anime but you can't deny even with the inclusion of the later episodes its not really everyone's cup of tea. Call it a masterpiece if you want but it is an acquired taste much like Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
I really wonna watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes
but its too long and I started watching gintama not long ago
Jan 11, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:
smilewolfy said:

I know you aren't deliberately trying to bash anyone here, but unfortunately I do strongly disagree with this post, partially for myself but also on behalf of other people who feel the same way. I'm not sure if you still remember (since this was awhile ago), but if I had chosen to act less reserved I could have said the same thing to you in the past about PMMM, which is a show that I have actually put forth effort into explaining and demonstrating why I think the quality of the writing in the work is exceptional. Personally I don't think that, say, my criticism of the episodic format Cowboy Bebop is the result of my lack of comprehension of the depth of the show, because I would argue that the main plot thread and the main villain are weaker as a result, and because even though I generally don't like to judge plots and characters based on screentime, having only a single episode for each plot narrows the possibilities of what each story can accomplish, and makes the show feel segmented without any transition time. But if this is really a problem of understanding, then what I would like to know is: what specific things does Cowboy Bebop's episodic format bring to the show to offset these problems and make the show better as a whole?

sheidesu said:
NEXBonjwa said:
steins; gate

I've watched all of Steins;Gate, but like the other poster I also ended up not liking it. I actually like Rintarou a lot, but I think all of the other characters were not up to standard. Mayuri, who is probably the third most important character in the show, is very flat and nearly her entire personality is just to act cute. I would also argue that even though Steins is better received in the western anime fanbase, Madoka Magica has better characters, plot, pacing, depth, and even does time travel better in the narrative in some important ways.
Jan 11, 2014 11:31 AM
Jan 2014
Shingeki no Kyojin - Just got kinda of bored with the anime
It's harder than it seems, I'm under water in my dreams
I'm in awe, this jigsaw, puzzles not complete
I'm just an idea, nothing concrete
Jan 11, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
All of them.
получить деньги моего друга
Jan 11, 2014 1:45 PM
Nov 2013
K-On. I don't even have to watch it to know that it's a piece of boring shit.
Jan 11, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2013
I don't really like any of the more "emotional" anime such as Angel Beats!, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Afterstory. I could never sympathize or emphasize with the characters.
Jan 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2010
rev0lt said:

You don't know shit bro, K-On! is elite entertainment.
Jan 11, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2013
BlackSabotage said:
sheidesu said:
NEXBonjwa said:
steins; gate

Really? I thought everyone saw Steins Gate as the second coming of Death Note :S
Jan 11, 2014 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:
Well SAO is bad. I really don't get how there are people that don't see this. I mean anime is not pretty pictures alone.

Is the story horrendously written? Yes. Did the author write himself into the anime as a Deus ex Machina Kirito? Yes. Did they make horrible sub-characters into a quasi-harem that was both unpleasant and forgettable? Yes.

However, the fantasy, even if poorly written, was still enjoyable, as a gamer like myself who would love to be an all-day shut in to live in an alternate world with greater fairness and the ability to cast magic... that world would be pretty cool, despite the flaws.
CrimeIntraJan 11, 2014 5:58 PM
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jan 11, 2014 5:58 PM

Apr 2013
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

LEL
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jan 11, 2014 6:00 PM
May 2013
Fate Zero
Jan 11, 2014 6:01 PM
May 2013
I don't hate it but except the really good drawings but I think it is overrated. I think the plot of Fate Stay Night is much better
Jan 11, 2014 6:09 PM
Jan 2013
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

K-On! is objectively better than every other anime.

Yes, I agree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2013
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

Hahahahaha. Good jab of sarcasm.

"After I finish fucking you. I am going to kill you."

Jan 11, 2014 6:29 PM
Jan 2013
JackFisher said:
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

There's no sarcasm here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Nov 2010
JackFisher said:
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

Hahahhahaha....but it wasn't.
Jan 11, 2014 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
Hulmy said:
JackFisher said:
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

There's no sarcasm here.

.........Fuck K-ON!.

Jan 11, 2014 6:41 PM
Jan 2013
JackFisher said:
Hulmy said:
JackFisher said:
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

There's no sarcasm here.

K-On! is the greatest.

Fixed.
Jan 11, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
SAO.

And SAO II was even worse!!!
Jan 11, 2014 6:49 PM

May 2013
affirming_flame said:
SAO.

It's not even started yet! 0_0
Jan 11, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
SAO.

It was a joke. But the fact it hasn't started does not stop fanboys from giving it high scores each day so it maintains a score above 8.5.
Jan 11, 2014 6:56 PM

Dec 2013
Hulmy said:
JackFisher said:
Hulmy said:
JackFisher said:
jal90 said:
rev0lt said:

There's no sarcasm here.

K-On! is the greatest.

Fixed.

I don't see where people who liked K-ON! is coming from. Unless they are desperate MOE fans looking for something to jack to in their spare time.

Jan 11, 2014 7:05 PM

May 2013
affirming_flame said:
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
SAO.

It was a joke. But the fact it hasn't started does not stop fanboys from giving it high scores each day so it maintains a score above 8.5.

Ahh, I see. My apologies. You do see some people who blurt out these statements seriously though, so I tend to take everything at face value.

And since it resets every day, it really doesn't matter. In the end, after it's aired and all, it's gonna get whatever it gets, from it's lovers, it's haters, and everything in-between (assuming there are any in-betweeners.) I assume it's score will end up ranging between 7.5 - 8.5.
Jan 11, 2014 7:08 PM
Jan 2013

The thought of someone jacking off to cute girls doing cute things disgusts me.
Jan 11, 2014 7:15 PM
Apr 2011
One Piece (Yeah I said it)
Jan 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Dec 2013
Hulmy said:

The thought of someone jacking off to cute girls doing cute things disgusts me.

So what's the reason again?

Jan 11, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
SAO.

Ahh, I see. My apologies. You do see some people who blurt out these statements seriously though, so I tend to take everything at face value.

And since it resets every day, it really doesn't matter. In the end, after it's aired and all, it's gonna get whatever it gets, from it's lovers, it's haters, and everything in-between (assuming there are any in-betweeners.) I assume it's score will end up ranging between 7.5 - 8.5.

All cool. I have been known to interpret jokes and sarcasm on MAL forums literally before. It's something we all fall for from time to time.

I do find it funny though that there are people dedicated enough to go back each day and give SAO II high ratings before it has aired. The number of people rating it is slowly declining though. They can't prevail against the omnipotent resetting abilities of MAL. The fanboys will be crushed!!
Jan 11, 2014 7:30 PM
Dec 2013
School Days...
Jan 11, 2014 7:33 PM

May 2013
Ouran High School Host Club. The Original FMA. That being said, I've never seen an anime that I've hated, just some got boring or just weren't to my taste.
Jan 11, 2014 7:41 PM

May 2013
affirming_flame said:
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
Dark_Divider said:
affirming_flame said:
SAO.

All cool. I have been known to interpret jokes and sarcasm on MAL forums literally before. It's something we all fall for from time to time.

I do find it funny though that there are people dedicated enough to go back each day and give SAO II high ratings before it has aired. The number of people rating it is slowly declining though. They can't prevail against the omnipotent resetting abilities of MAL. The fanboys will be crushed!!

Yeah, I know. It's sad enough rating something before seeing it, but why do they rate when it amounts to nothing? Kinda pointless really. Mind you, this is coming from fan of the series, myself :/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime people consider messed up that has no effect on you

isseixkoneko - May 26

32 by isseixkoneko »»
7 seconds ago

» "The anime is better than the manga" you ever heard that one before?

Yuusey - 3 hours ago

31 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Underrated movies

JoeChip - 4 hours ago

32 by AJ2814 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you love your favorite character?

Shizuna - Yesterday

14 by Maou_heika »»
4 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 4 hours ago

15 by pk8list »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.